How has your club faired under you?

Just finished my 1st full season with Wrexham in the BSQ!

Was playing the demo for a bit, to have a look at the new features, but always restart when the full game is released, to run a larger database and more leagues.

oddly, Wrexham were favourites for promotion in the demo, but not in the full game?

think we were something like 3rd/4th/5th favourites, or in the mix or summat!

Anyways, to my delight, Wrexham triumphed in the Conference League Cup (never heard of it) over AFC Wimbledon, took the FA Trophy over Salisbury (have heard of that at least), and just been crowned BSQ champions by a clear 7 points (or so)! :)

sadly, the Wrexham fans weren't dancing in the streets or anything - in fact, the 1st spot in the BSQ is classed as the "lowest ever finish" by the board - harsh! :D

had the fewest goals conceded, but not really up in the top few with goals scored - not bothered if we keep winning stuff! :)

just going through pre-season in season two - lsst season it was easy getting players on loan (got 4 West Ham youngsters on season loans, cannot get them back this season, as West Ham were relegated)....

have been able to recruit well in the transfer window so far, and managed to swap/release a few players....

board currently have £750 - yes that is £750.00 pence - as a transfer budget!

biggest disappointment is the link with Liverpool as a parent club - cannot get ANY players off them, and they haven't offered any at all?!?

wasn't really bothered 1st season, as most of their good youngsters were already on loan, 2nd season though seems to have a good few in the reserves, with improved stats, but STILL cannot get them to join?!?

still, should be able to re-inforce elsewhere, if the Liverpool kids won't come - really need to get the full loan compliment in, if we are to challenge - think the board listed a mid-table finish or summat, when asking about the wage budget/pitch alterations recently!

cannot wait to get home tonight - was up suprisingly late last night, trawling through coaches, as League Two allows the board to permit 9 coaches to join - at last I can get a "shooting" coach, so hopefully the goals scored will improve! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just completed my first season with Man Utd. I won the league cup and FA cup, ended up 4th in the ECC and 3rd in Premier league.

Just now David Gill offered me a new contract, doubling my salary and extending it with a year. Also Dimitar Berbatov was delighted with me accepting it :)

I "refurbished" the youth-squad, singing Giovani dos Santos, Resat Ciftci and Sasha Jerat amongst others. Trust me, they'll kick butt in a few seasons (acording to Jim Lawlor, who has become my #1 scout). I also have three defenders coming in a few weeks from now. (two 4 stars and one 6 stars)

So, considering the fact that I almost couldn't win a single match just half a season ago (and still finished 3rd), I think we have faired quite well :)

Edit: I also won the Charity shield (I will not start calling it community shield!) against Burmingham...

On paper my record is good. In fact its excellent, but that is odd because in my head we're being robbed all the time and its too random or this or that. Cut my teeth at Aldershot Town where we were expected to finish 23rd and I managed to drag them to 10th. Less than a year later Mr. Mandaric gave me a call and I confess: Leicester City at foot of League 1. Promotion (and the title) in the first season, 11th the following season and now sitting in 7th with half the season to go. These are realistic achievements, sometimes I need to just take a chill pill and accept FM isn't that bad. Its just my tactics. :)

Newcastle

Absolute bag of spanners when I took over. Too much dead wood, not enough money to buy replacements.

Set about selling a few players who I thought could get a good transfer fee. Early sales of Smith (£4.1m to West Brom) and Geremi (£3.8m to Middlesbrough) brought in some cash, and Martins went straight away for his £13m release fee to Man City as well.

Man City have actually been really kind to me with their money, they've also bought Michael Owen (£30m in January 2009) and Jonas Guttierez (£50m in July 2009) for ridiculous fees. On top of that, Robinho got unhappy at all the competition (Martins and Owen!) and demanded a transfer, so I snapped him up for £15m just to rub salt in the wound. Coloccini went to AC Milan in December 2010 for £48m as well, so I've been lucky in that I've been able to get a large transfer budget together to fund signings.

In my first 3 seasons I've finished 5th then 2nd then 1st. I'm currently 2nd in March 2012 with 11 games to go.

I've also won the league cup (2012), the community shield (2011), Champions League (2011), Super Cup (2011) and World Club Championship (2011).

TBH it's all been a bit easy with the money I've been able to get in for my players. I've now got that much money I can't spend it. I even threw £25m round at least 3 times for new signings, something that's completely unheard of for me in all the years I've been playing FM.

Even when I was held to ransom over new defender Stephane Mbia (who cost me £18.25m!) when I lost Coloccini on Jan 29th just before the transfer window shut, I was still able to sell him for the same figure a year later so I've not lost out.

Getting bored now of winning everything, so will probably soon restart with Gateshead or someone as far down the leagues as I can to see what I can do there.

Archived