FM21 England Level 11 Challenge

First season in level 9 has been a disaster.  Alot of injuries, I think I might be lucky to hold onto the job.

Probably instead of using some crazy 4-2-4 'lower league' tactic I've found online I should just make my own simple tactic and rely on quality to get me through.  

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlikely promotion to League 1 but we have made it, no title but i will gladly take a 2nd place finish.

After a very slow start to the season we began to settle down after a bit, but it was not until feb that we really began to chase the leaders down winning 5 out of 6 mathes in the month.

A few slip ups in the month of march but we managed to hold onto a automatic promotion place, winning 4-0 away at bolton wanderers on the final day to leapfrog them into 2nd place.

Also had a good run in the FA Cup reaching the 4th round before getting beat 2-0 by Liverpool.

Capture.thumb.JPG.fd379cb5078c862b9c9021b1ffa50746.JPG

4 hours ago, lionel messi said:

yes up to now yes.

Wow, I'm likely to miss promotion in level 9 on my first attempt here.  

Crazy you've never just had an off season with injuries or over performing competition.

1 hour ago, Tyer said:

Wow, I'm likely to miss promotion in level 9 on my first attempt here.  

Crazy you've never just had an off season with injuries or over performing competition.

Ive had blips where i have had to play alot of games in a short space of time.

This might be the season where i dont get promoted straight away.

I have got to vastly improve my squad just to stay up at the moment.

55 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Ive had blips where i have had to play alot of games in a short space of time.

This might be the season where i dont get promoted straight away.

I have got to vastly improve my squad just to stay up at the moment.

Ya I understand, my team went on a crazy good run and I think not only promoted but might just win the league.  (I think us getting knocked out of cups really early these teams around us are just falling apart)

Old Xaverians 22/23

Well, two losses to end the season killed our title chances, but we barely managed to get promoted as Avro only drew on the last day.  Onto level 8!  Finances aren't super great, hopefully can have a decent cup run.

image.thumb.png.89f4affda202cb723b90059a3b200118.png

22 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Unlikely promotion to League 1 but we have made it, no title but i will gladly take a 2nd place finish.

After a very slow start to the season we began to settle down after a bit, but it was not until feb that we really began to chase the leaders down winning 5 out of 6 mathes in the month.

A few slip ups in the month of march but we managed to hold onto a automatic promotion place, winning 4-0 away at bolton wanderers on the final day to leapfrog them into 2nd place.

Also had a good run in the FA Cup reaching the 4th round before getting beat 2-0 by Liverpool.

Capture.thumb.JPG.fd379cb5078c862b9c9021b1ffa50746.JPG

Awesome effort. Well done!

ya no issues there, I tried to make my own tactic and it was pretty bad and now I'm going through the pain of having the team get re used to my old one.

(Also expectation was only fight bravely against regulation so even if I go back down I should be ok.)

Edited by Tyer

Old Xaverians 23/24

Actually had a pretty good second half of the season to finish mid table comfortably.  (Just look at that start lol.)  Bad cups runs.  Money doesn't look amazing so hopefully the cups go better (only about 10k in the red.)

image.thumb.png.b1acf8279975e4dd1e4a014a117a0d84.png

Spoiler

Congrats! I like your tactic.  I'm kind of useless when I create my own tactics they turn into garbage.

(edit: my team sucks)

Edited by Tyer

On 09/09/2021 at 05:01, Tyer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Congrats! I like your tactic.  I'm kind of useless when I create my own tactics they turn into garbage.

(edit: my team sucks)

Yeah I have been using this only for this season has worked pretty well. Highest goals for in the league.  I changed it up to fit certain players like Pruti on the wing. I was playing a 4-1-2-1-2 (Wide D). I like the 2 up the front and the holding mid playmaker or ball winner. I have made a slight change in the pre season moving the CM up into a ACM time will tell if it is too attacking with my current squad which isnt great for L1 but we have been tipped to go back down the last 2 season and that resulted in a playoff final defeat and a promotion 6 games before the end of the season. Set the record for highest points total without winning the League. 

23 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Promotion to the championship.

Had to rely heavily on loan signings, i signed way too many as you can only 5 in your matchday squad.

Finances are getting a bit worse now, over £450k in debt.

Capture.thumb.JPG.5efa12e13b2e5e8fe769692c39103a0b.JPG

Gee i feel like I am just scraping in to the promotion fight and you out here winning titles every year but 2. What tatic you playing with ?

14 minutes ago, Waldo the Bear said:

Gee i feel like I am just scraping in to the promotion fight and you out here winning titles every year but 2. What tatic you playing with ?

I am playing 4-3-3.

I only just won the title, i think i won it on goals scored.

It was a very open league, loads of teams was in the hunt for promotion with about 10 games to go.

Im in the championship now but i have no transfer budget and very little to play with in terms of wage budget.

Im also over 1 million in debt now and rising.

Im trying to get good players in but most wont join me due to my reputation or they dont think i can offer them much money.

1 hour ago, lionel messi said:

I am playing 4-3-3.

I only just won the title, i think i won it on goals scored.

It was a very open league, loads of teams was in the hunt for promotion with about 10 games to go.

Im in the championship now but i have no transfer budget and very little to play with in terms of wage budget.

Im also over 1 million in debt now and rising.

Im trying to get good players in but most wont join me due to my reputation or they dont think i can offer them much money.

No hate. You are doing an awesome job. hopefully you can survive and build up some finances. Do you have any players you can cash in on?

1st season in the championship & a 12th place finish, not bad considering we was favorites to finish bottom.

I have cleared the debts and got 1 million in the bank now after getting £4.8 million for solidarity payments after the end of the season, although we lose money very quickly so that might soon disappear.

The board have agreed to upgrade both the training & youth facilties so that should help us train better.

Capture.thumb.JPG.f77d481d90070fdb70f343b2c206206d.JPG

3 hours ago, lionel messi said:

1st season in the championship & a 12th place finish, not bad considering we was favorites to finish bottom.

I have cleared the debts and got 1 million in the bank now after getting £4.8 million for solidarity payments after the end of the season, although we lose money very quickly so that might soon disappear.

The board have agreed to upgrade both the training & youth facilties so that should help us train better.

Capture.thumb.JPG.f77d481d90070fdb70f343b2c206206d.JPG

Solid season. We are upgrading our youth facilities this season. Wanted to do training facilities but the board said no

Wrens Nest Season 2037/38

We won automatic promotion in our first season in L1. Had a shocking last month and half was challenging for the title then we won 1 from 8 games. Going to need to recruit well to stay up. 

Competitionsimage.thumb.png.564305cf197f9b88258375c9c33d6277.png

Squad

image.thumb.png.c976fbaaa79daa86c4331451abdd4992.png

Ass man Report:

image.thumb.png.ddb4bb4dd8775605012613ef7e4f0c6f.png

Finances (Before any solidarity payments etc. I think we need to upgrade the stadium again due to the Championship rules)

image.thumb.png.c829f292c2c5ad93a3f2c6e42ac105e4.pngimage.thumb.png.b02edd4cf00a04c1fd7bfcd24482db98.png

MVP: Harvey Shackleton  

image.thumb.png.8845aee32eade050a1b0c96a2b68382d.png

5 hours ago, Waldo the Bear said:

Wrens Nest Season 2037/38

We won automatic promotion in our first season in L1. Had a shocking last month and half was challenging for the title then we won 1 from 8 games. Going to need to recruit well to stay up. 

Competitionsimage.thumb.png.564305cf197f9b88258375c9c33d6277.png

Squad

image.thumb.png.c976fbaaa79daa86c4331451abdd4992.png

Ass man Report:

image.thumb.png.ddb4bb4dd8775605012613ef7e4f0c6f.png

Finances (Before any solidarity payments etc. I think we need to upgrade the stadium again due to the Championship rules)

image.thumb.png.c829f292c2c5ad93a3f2c6e42ac105e4.pngimage.thumb.png.b02edd4cf00a04c1fd7bfcd24482db98.png

MVP: Harvey Shackleton  

image.thumb.png.8845aee32eade050a1b0c96a2b68382d.png

I always have a shocking run near the end of the season, i was up fighting for the playoffs this season but will finish around mid table i think.

I cant complain though as i was predicted to finish 23rd.

A nice 10th place finish in our 2nd season in the championship, could have been a bit higher but had a bad run during the 2nd half of the season.

I might have a little bit of transfer budget this coming season so maybe can improve the squad a little bit. £500k

I am improving my traing facilities as well.

Capture.thumb.JPG.6052363a0e49f27ef906a0b867eab1b9.JPG

Considering starting this properly, but wondering how on earth you recruit for level 11 clubs? In the database I've loaded there's about 3,500 players. Do you invite all of them for trial? How are you all bringing in players? In a little trial run, I reckon I'm getting maybe 1 in 30 players accepting a trial. Is there an easier way to recruit that I'm missing?

1 hour ago, numero uno gunner said:

Considering starting this properly, but wondering how on earth you recruit for level 11 clubs? In the database I've loaded there's about 3,500 players. Do you invite all of them for trial? How are you all bringing in players? In a little trial run, I reckon I'm getting maybe 1 in 30 players accepting a trial. Is there an easier way to recruit that I'm missing?

When you start the game make sure you tick add players to playable teams it will give you more players in the database.

How come there is only 3,500 players that seems a bit low.

3 minutes ago, numero uno gunner said:

Nope, my mistake - I meant there's roughly 3,500 players out of contract! How do you effectively sift through that high number? Are you offering everyone a trial?

No i just try and get the best players i can to join, alot of them wont be that good anyway.

6 hours ago, lionel messi said:

A nice 10th place finish in our 2nd season in the championship, could have been a bit higher but had a bad run during the 2nd half of the season.

I might have a little bit of transfer budget this coming season so maybe can improve the squad a little bit. £500k

I am improving my traing facilities as well.

Capture.thumb.JPG.6052363a0e49f27ef906a0b867eab1b9.JPG

I was given £1M in my initial budgets for next season but I am really hesitant in spending it as we only have 400K in the bank. Should I try and build out my squad with the money or should i try and find that one signing that will carry my squad... or try not to spend anything and just work on getting decent loans and free/end of contracts? The last 3 seasons i have been predicted to finish in the relegation zone and i have either challenged for promotion or been promoted without spending more than £20K on a player (maybe one or two of those).  

4 minutes ago, Waldo the Bear said:

I was given £1M in my initial budgets for next season but I am really hesitant in spending it as we only have 400K in the bank. Should I try and build out my squad with the money or should i try and find that one signing that will carry my squad... or try not to spend anything and just work on getting decent loans and free/end of contracts? The last 3 seasons i have been predicted to finish in the relegation zone and i have either challenged for promotion or been promoted without spending more than £20K on a player (maybe one or two of those).  

I have had barely anything in transfer budget for 2 seasons in the championship now, i think i would try and get a few better players in in different areas, try and get good free transfers and loans in.

I would really try and make your defence as good as you can, i have conceded 195 goals in the last 2 seasons in the league, my strikers have really made us finish quite a bit higher than i should have finished really.

I have sold quite a few players in this transfer window, about £14 million in total so far and tried to bring some better players in although they are not much better than what i already have but they are young and could have a good sell on value later.

My reputation is gradually growing compared to the rest of the teams but i am still quite a bit behind the lowest ranked championship teams, in fact most league 1teams and some league 2 teams are higher rep than me but i am closing the gap after the end of each season. i think getting all them back to back promotions as really left us behind.

My board are upgrading the training and youth facilities again so thats really good news, also our youth recruitment network has been upgraded too.

3 hours ago, lionel messi said:

I have had barely anything in transfer budget for 2 seasons in the championship now, i think i would try and get a few better players in in different areas, try and get good free transfers and loans in.

I would really try and make your defence as good as you can, i have conceded 195 goals in the last 2 seasons in the league, my strikers have really made us finish quite a bit higher than i should have finished really.

I have sold quite a few players in this transfer window, about £14 million in total so far and tried to bring some better players in although they are not much better than what i already have but they are young and could have a good sell on value later.

My reputation is gradually growing compared to the rest of the teams but i am still quite a bit behind the lowest ranked championship teams, in fact most league 1teams and some league 2 teams are higher rep than me but i am closing the gap after the end of each season. i think getting all them back to back promotions as really left us behind.

My board are upgrading the training and youth facilities again so thats really good news, also our youth recruitment network has been upgraded too.

Yeah that's what i thought. My rep is down around the L2/L1 teams nowhere near championship level. Need to get onto the board about training facilities. Scouting range has just increased so hopefully we can snag a few good young players for cheap to sell on in a couple of seasons. 

Using what budget I do have for signing bonuses and wages. 

Was struggling in Tier 7 in a personal save I did with the intention of going from Tier 10 to Champions League. But found this database and trying this challenge with a team far closer to home. Not the closest team to me but for that, I'd be immediately in the Premier League but it's not far.

Had intended to change Bush Hill to their new name of Millbrook FC. Instead of going for Millbrook FC, I went for some updates in the pre-game editor and changed Bush Hill to Southampton United. A fantasy, alternative team. Nothing else changed so no wild advantages. Logo is custom and, yes, it has Barney the Dinosaur in it.

20210919154127_1.jpg

Edited by SaintsFCFan7498

End of Season 1 - 2020/21

Won the league in dominant fashion with 28/30 wins and the others being a goalless draw against Overton United and the other being a 1-1 draw with Locks Heath. An unbeaten season was combined with a Hampshire Premier League Cup win for 6 points.

Spoiler

20210921023328_1.thumb.jpg.e99c3165ee0a70422ca8d8ec3726cb4c.jpg

After the cup final, the board decided to go Semi-Professional.

Spoiler

20210921023647_1.thumb.jpg.b7cc005dd5f968eda7e133b87df7a298.jpg