FM21 England Level 11 Challenge

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Waldo the Bear said:

when we update our position in our saves?

Yes or just say what year you are in.

Let me know how you get on in attracting players in the regional premier divisions, i could not get any better players in.

Alot of the time they were saying it is due to my reputation.

2 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Yes or just say what year you are in.

Let me know how you get on in attracting players in the regional premier divisions, i could not get any better players in.

Alot of the time they were saying it is due to my reputation.

the year is a great idea because you can see that in screen shots. 

will do, i have had so much fun doing this save. 

15 minutes ago, Waldo the Bear said:

the year is a great idea because you can see that in screen shots. 

will do, i have had so much fun doing this save. 

I have too, But currently doing another challenge that i created (also based on points for winning trophies) where you can manage in nearly every country in the world.

8 hours ago, lionel messi said:

I have too, But currently doing another challenge that i created (also based on points for winning trophies) where you can manage in nearly every country in the world.

yeah I saw you post that looks like fun too might give it a go if wrens nest ever win the PL lol

Going to have a go at this. Don;t know if it's going to be easy or difficult. I mean, at the moment, I think it's going to be easy, because I don't know yet the obstacles I'm going to face.

I don;t have any staff, so I did a spreadsheet for my players and their best positions by attributes don't match their supposed best positions at all. It hadn't even occurred to me (before reading the start of the thread) to take loads of players on trial. I think it's likely I'll find replacements for all my current players that way.

That's not very realistic, because a real manager couldn't just crunch the numbers like that, but never mind.

Here's my starting profile.

Oh, why did I choose Turton? I'm a writer and Turton was a place in one of my novels (that was so bad I performed a mercy killing half way through). I'd always assumed that I'd made up the place name, and in my novel it was in Derbyshire, but the manager is named after the protagonist of that (and I can't stress this enough) ******* awful novel.

20210626124938_1.thumb.jpg.4b4cc98643f02cd2938c747b49626d63.jpg

Edited by vikeologist

1 hour ago, vikeologist said:

Going to have a go at this. Don;t know if it's going to be easy or difficult. I mean, at the moment, I think it's going to be easy, because I don't know yet the obstacles I'm going to face.

I don;t have any staff, so I did a spreadsheet for my players and their best positions by attributes don't match their supposed best positions at all. It hadn't even occurred to me (before reading the start of the thread) to take loads of players on trial. I think it's likely I'll find replacements for all my current players that way.

That's not very realistic, because a real manager couldn't just crunch the numbers like that, but never mind.

Here's my starting profile.

Oh, why did I choose Turton? I'm a writer and Turton was a place in one of my novels (that was so bad I performed a mercy killing half way through). I'd always assumed that I'd made up the place name, and in my novel it was in Derbyshire, but the manager is named after the protagonist of that (and I can't stress this enough) ******* awful novel.

20210626124938_1.thumb.jpg.4b4cc98643f02cd2938c747b49626d63.jpg

good luck with it

Will normally only do one report per season, but by the start of the season I'd bought 26 players. (I'll admit, one or two of my earliest signings have also now been released or have left in a huff when I admitted to them that they had no future with us). The season's started and I'm up to 27 now, and hopefully one more will sign soon.

Listen, I've just done 32 seasons of the Youth Challenge not being able to sign players. But also my squad that I inherited was really terrible. 

I have no idea how many trialists I've had. It's in the 100s.

Anyway, the bookies adjusted their odds before the season started and places us at 1-91 to win the league. So they think we have a chance.

I sort of expected / hoped to win all our matches by double figures but that hasn't happened in the first couple. (Though we did win) Maybe once the team has had a chance to gel.

Also managed to install the logo for my side.Finally I found a coding task that matched my level (of a 6 year old). (Turton weren't in any logopacks I could find). 

2 hours ago, vikeologist said:

Will normally only do one report per season, but by the start of the season I'd bought 26 players. (I'll admit, one or two of my earliest signings have also now been released or have left in a huff when I admitted to them that they had no future with us). The season's started and I'm up to 27 now, and hopefully one more will sign soon.

Listen, I've just done 32 seasons of the Youth Challenge not being able to sign players. But also my squad that I inherited was really terrible. 

I have no idea how many trialists I've had. It's in the 100s.

Anyway, the bookies adjusted their odds before the season started and places us at 1-91 to win the league. So they think we have a chance.

I sort of expected / hoped to win all our matches by double figures but that hasn't happened in the first couple. (Though we did win) Maybe once the team has had a chance to gel.

Also managed to install the logo for my side.Finally I found a coding task that matched my level (of a 6 year old). (Turton weren't in any logopacks I could find). 

you're doing well it took me 8 seasons to finally get around to installing my teams logo.  

Vikeologist's 2020/21 Turton Season Report

Turton F.C..png

If you want different information / screenshots etc for these reports, let me know.

When the bookies gave us odds of 1-91 (once I’d bought and sold an entire squad, or two) I suspected this might be a successful season. The real question was whether I could achieve a perfect season. As we weren’t even in the FA Cup or FA Trophy, it seemed possible that we could win all 34 matches.

And it was so close. Unfortunately we (inexplicably) lost one league match in the first half of the season to finish with a season record of W33 D0 L1. Not even an unbeaten season.

But, obviously we did win the league and cup, the latter 11-1 in the final.

We didn’t actually have too many results like that. Most of the time we only won by two or three goals.

Perhaps things will become more challenging next season as I think we’ll be in the same division as all Semi-Pro teams.

I don’t know whether I should be aiming to turn Semi-Pro. Don’t even know if we’ll be given the choice one way or the other.

If we could stay amateur it would certainly stave off any financial problems. Then again, at some point we’ll need to improve the facilities.

Update: In the end the board approached me to suggest turning semi-Professional, so I thought, why not? We have to do it at some point.

Further Update: We have to move ground 10 miles away to Atherton (Colleries' ground).

Top Goalscorer – Japhet Mata – 40

Not bad considering that he played the first match as a left back and only started 26 matches in total. He scored 6 goals in the cup final (and then missed a penalty for what would have been his 7th) to plump up his figures.

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) – Javanne Smith – 7.74

My other striker who scored 33 goals as well as 17 assists.

Man of The Match – Javanne Smith - 11

Most Valuable Player– Japhet Mata

Season	Division		Position	Notes							MVP		Cumalative Points										
20/21	West Lancs PD		1st		League / West Lancs League Cup double			Japhet Mata	6

20210630111844_1.thumb.jpg.a0f2005d4dece11143278aca1d515991.jpg20210630111259_1.thumb.jpg.6a3a794e2acde31af74daac986520ffc.jpgFFurther

Edited by vikeologist

7 hours ago, vikeologist said:

Quick question for those who've gone before.

Does a team have to be semi-Pro to be entered into the FA Cup or FA Trophy, or is it based entirely on the division you're in?

Most teams are entered into the FA Cup at Level 10 but not all, its unlikely you will be in the FA Cup 1st season after promotion from Level 11 but it can happen.

I dont think you have to be semi-pro to enter.

You will be in the FA Trophy at level 8

You should be in the FA Vase at Level 10

4 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Most teams are entered into the FA Cup at Level 10 but not all, its unlikely you will be in the FA Cup 1st season after promotion from Level 11 but it can happen.

I don't think you have to be semi-pro to enter.

You will be in the FA Trophy at level 8

You should be in the FA Vase at Level 10

Thanks

Vikeologist's 2021/22 Turton Season Report

Turton F.C..png

2 down. 8 to go.

Another very easy promotion, but not quite as easy. This is mostly because my team was actually worse than the first season because other teams were constantly trying to poach my players, occasionally successfully. That’s fair enough of course. My entire team was players I’d poached, but a real pain in the arse. Most of the time petty much my entire first team had a contract offer from another team, and so I spent the entire season having to ensure I had replacements, which was very time consuming. 7 of my team from the first day of the season, and 15 in total, were poached in the end, though I did poach one of them back. My team at the end of the season was significantly worse than at the start.

Until my team was too depleted I did at least set what I think is a personal record of 41 straight victories. But promotion was never really in doubt and achieved with 6 matches to go, and the title 1 match later.

But we didn’t win either the FA Trophy or North West Counties League Cup. Hopefully we can win at least the second of these next season. Another promotion shouldn’t really be a problem either, but it would help if we lost fewer players.

I’ll also need to keep an eye on the finances. It seems ridiculous that our finances are considered insecure with only a 5k debt.

So (for leader board purposes) as of next season I’ll be in the County Leagues and have 16 points.

20210706184853_1.thumb.jpg.617765ff68a5efcbff52d346bb31f94d.jpg

Top Goalscorer – Javanne Smith – 36

My 2 main strikers didn’t leave me. Japhet Mata scored 31 goals. We have at least 4 excellent strikers.

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) – Javanne Smith – 7.41

Man of The Match – Javanne Smith - 9

Most Valuable Player– Javanne Smith

21/22	NW Counties D1N		1st		Huge player turnover					Javanne Smith 	16

A bit of heartbreak in my latest season after only expecting to "fight bravely against relegation". We snuck into the last playoff spot on the final day. Won the Semi convincingly 3-1 and then lost in the final 0-2. This was our third season in the RPD and we had finished 18th in both other seasons. I think i need to walk away from this save for awhile. I'm going to give the global challenge a go. 

A tip that I managed to work out this season for signing higher quality players. Go hunting in the off season in the youth teams of the PL. I was able to sign at least 4 end of contract players from those teams for $0, wage demands varied. It has been a fun 10 seasons just need to change it up for a while, I am planning on coming back to this soon. 

image.thumb.png.9239625ffc8d218f0e86fa9443e484d5.png

image.thumb.png.331a6593c1ff65b527cb8231a92744c9.png

@Waldo the BearSorry to hear that you're stepping away from the challenge. You might be the only other person who was still doing this.

So far, it's not as much fun as i thought it would be, or as much fun as I would have expected winning to be. It was fun at first after the Youth Challenge just because I could sign so many players, and I did, but 2 promotions and feeling that I've basically got nowhere is tough. Just so far to go.

Still, let's see whether my 3rd season is a bit more interesting. I'm probably putting far too much work into finding players, but better safe than sorry.

2 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

@Waldo the BearSorry to hear that you're stepping away from the challenge. You might be the only other person who was still doing this.

So far, it's not as much fun as i thought it would be, or as much fun as I would have expected winning to be. It was fun at first after the Youth Challenge just because I could sign so many players, and I did, but 2 promotions and feeling that I've basically got nowhere is tough. Just so far to go.

Still, let's see whether my 3rd season is a bit more interesting. I'm probably putting far too much work into finding players, but better safe than sorry.

It will certainly get much tougher when you reach the regional leagues

8 hours ago, vikeologist said:

I will be back. I'm on paternity leave (and in sydney's lockdown) at the moment so plenty of free time between nappy changes. I might do alternate days between this challenge and the global challenge just needed to do something else for abit. I have some decent players coming in from my PL youth tip and i think ive settled on a decent main tactic. 

3 hours ago, CardiffDragon said:

Think i might be late to the party but this sounded fun, went for Bude Town for no other reason than my family loves the beach there, bit worried about it getting a bit crowded though after we win the champions league!!

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Good luck.

1226657822_SIForumCompOverview.thumb.png.a0f5356242db5c4c6ce95d9b07319ed1.png

First season is finished, romped the league, and despite playing a few attacking style, conceded the least amount of goals in the league, but very few clean sheets for the season. Operated on a pretty shoestring side of around 16-18 players at the club at any one time. Tommy Stevens being one of the main reasons that we scored 112 goals in the league, with 56 goals and 10 assists. Even signed a 39 year old Paul Konchesky to operate as an full back to cross from deep.

Flopped in the QF of the cup to a team that finished 4th in the league, and looking to build on next year with at least the double.

268948894_SIForumTeamoftheSeason20-21.thumb.png.21414009db6afca1c25048e214972463.png

Also had a notification saying that we are renting another ground due to league restrictions in the league above, so Buckhurst Hill FC only playing one season in Buckhurst Hill and moving to Romford. 

1286329682_SIForumNewGroundNotification.thumb.png.75583a5a3fe4ae055abe2fc71d5042c3.png

Am also studying for National C Licence, which will give the stats a nice boost.

1972126980_SIForumManagerProfile17-5-21.thumb.png.e4f7e2ae77626f6c3f9c89153764d1f9.png

Vikeologist's 2022/23 Turton Season Report

Turton F.C..png

20210714160013_1.thumb.jpg.b504115cc4bf52625d6b77f6cbacc4e2.jpg

I figured we had at least one more easy promotion ahead of us after winning at a canter the first two seasons.

I don’t know what happened. At least I can sort of claim to be unlucky not to win the league trophy going out on penalties in the Q/F.

I still expect to be promoted next season, and win the league cup, but there’s something just not clicking.

Added to this, the game has crashed twice this morning. I don’t know if it’s the add-on, but it was a pretty boring (and slow) end of season to play through the first time.

Top Goalscorer – Javanne Smith – 34

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) – Javanne Smith – 7.38

Man of The Match – Javanne Smith - 10

Most Valuable Player– Javanne Smith

21/22	NW Counties D1N		1st		Huge player turnover					Javanne Smith 	16
22/23	NW Counties Premier 	7th		Disappointing						Javanne Smith	16

Edited by vikeologist

3 minutes ago, potbellypigs said:

As a challenge it's actually pretty boring to play, which is a shame. But I'd love to read some stories of people going far in it.

Like any challenge, it can be interesting or boring depending on how you do it, but since my way of doing it is endless scouting, player searching and offering of trials to players in case my current guys decide to leave, and the fact that without playoffs, there's a higher chance of there being nothing to play for at the end of a season, I was making it boring for myself. The tradeoff is that all that work would make me successful.

Except it didn't.

It wasn't all boring. Even though I'm not English, I could have done without 2 penalty shootoffs on Monday.

Another factor is of course that you start off with a lot of leagues loaded which is a problem if you don't have a really high end computer.

Couldn't stay away for long!

Season 2031/32:

After last seasons heartbreak Wrens nest do the double. Champions in the Southern Premier Division Central (35 points) and in the Southern League Cup (35 points).

image.png.63651d7b5a59b1574988b22479613672.pngimage.png.abd5d3d07df514e73533c2bdbd95a134.png

Was an interesting season had a good run throughout although the last 2 weeks of the season was stressful could of wrapped up the trophy with 4 games to go but wasn't able to do it until the final match day. 

MVP: Moran (Apps:42(1) Goals:35 Asst:10 Average rating: 7.41)

Now onto the National League North 

Edited by Waldo the Bear
made a correction

6 hours ago, Waldo the Bear said:

Couldn't stay away for long!

Season 2031/32:

After last seasons heartbreak Wrens nest do the double. Champions in the Southern Premier Division Central (35 points) and in the Southern League Cup (35 points).

image.png.63651d7b5a59b1574988b22479613672.pngimage.png.abd5d3d07df514e73533c2bdbd95a134.png

Was an interesting season had a good run throughout the last 2 weeks of the season was stressful could of wrapped up the trophy with 4 games to go but wasn't able to do it until the final match day. 

MVP: Moran (Apps:42(1) Goals:35 Asst:10 Average rating: 7.41)

Now onto the National League South. 

I think you will be going into national league north.

3 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Yes hoping to do better this time around and look after the finances a bit better this time around although it probally wont happen lol

yeah I'm currently over £100K in debt but I feel that there is little you can do other than a run in the FA cup and doing pre season cups with higher reputation clubs to get income. 

18 hours ago, Waldo the Bear said:

yeah I'm currently over £100K in debt but I feel that there is little you can do other than a run in the FA cup and doing pre season cups with higher reputation clubs to get income. 

Yes but you should be making more money now that you are in the higher leagues.

How are you finding the national league north?

On 19/07/2021 at 09:17, lionel messi said:

Yes but you should be making more money now that you are in the higher leagues.

How are you finding the national league north?

Only about ten games in sitting in 17th atm (wasn't able to play yesterday). Still really hard to find players over 3 stars. I am earning more money from gate income but still losing money at about 10k a month at this point, got a goods draw in the 3rd Qual of the FA cup so should have at least some more prize money coming in soon. Need to figure out how to up our reputation more (we have had "huge" reputation the last few seasons  as described by the game) but still finding it hard. TV income is next to nothing so will just have to keep sloging away and try and pick up some higher value player and sell them on, we have made about 10K from players that looked good but just didn't fit this season. 

Financial review:

Balance: (186K)

Wage: 266K pa with about 50K left in the budget.

Transfer: 8K

Looked around and found a team called The Tigers (was my high school mascot)

This sounds fun to give a try Strensall Tigers!  

(I guess being American gives me English and Spanish, I certainly don't speak spanish. lol)

image.png.bc05848706459c35eda1b0aada6a4ecb.png

image.thumb.png.780185b01d10826fd9a2309fad47bac6.png

Edited by Tyer

First Season down as T11 champs!  Pretty easy going for the Tigers, I don't know what happened randomly in the cup for us to mess it up.  I wonder if the move from Amateur to Semi - Pro is automatic?  or we will have a tough season next year!  Looks like i'm on the scoreboard with 5.

image.png.565e5a52d0315e387d936565caa437c1.png

image.thumb.png.17efd28b0e165d3c6742ac628a90f112.png

image.thumb.png.6bcbea72db7376e852f8ddd1b384353d.png

13 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Capacity is now down to 370 after stadium expansion completed lol.

Capture.JPG.e0e3ad5450de4c77eeb661fdb59c8227.JPG

Ya I think the same thing just happened to me, started the game with 1000 capacity, and now have 250 lol