FM21 England Level 11 Challenge

I don't know why I can't find good players to sign, all I see from GM suggestions and scouting reports is 'good or leading' players for the division below me. 

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think it's time to decide to quit or find another team and start again at lvl 11.

Seems the nice attendance was only a first year thing.  All attendance is in the dirt now, and there's a 16k a month administration loan for the rest of the save.  Board thinks we are insecure, and we won't be able to make any improvements for years, this loan will go as long as I play the save basically, I guess my only hope with the Tigers would be getting three promotions in a row and be in League 2, where I've read that attendance starts to pick up..  Maybe if I research a stable lvl 11 team with a decent starting foothold I can give it another try.  Although I'm unsure if I can just pick a team or find something with an opening at the end of this season.  I guess I could always make a completely new save.

(ya I'm just gonna start new, starting a club from lvl 11 sounds fun, but I'm going to pick the right team this go around with what I've learned)

Edited by Tyer

3 hours ago, Tyer said:

Well, I think it's time to decide to quit or find another team and start again at lvl 11.

Seems the nice attendance was only a first year thing.  All attendance is in the dirt now, and there's a 16k a month administration loan for the rest of the save.  Board thinks we are insecure, and we won't be able to make any improvements for years, this loan will go as long as I play the save basically, I guess my only hope with the Tigers would be getting three promotions in a row and be in League 2, where I've read that attendance starts to pick up..  Maybe if I research a stable lvl 11 team with a decent starting foothold I can give it another try.  Although I'm unsure if I can just pick a team or find something with an opening at the end of this season.  I guess I could always make a completely new save.

(ya I'm just gonna start new, starting a club from lvl 11 sounds fun, but I'm going to pick the right team this go around with what I've learned)

Im looking into making a update with attendances and contracts for anyone starting a new game.

I started a new game with the database as unemployed and went on vacation to the end of the first year, and looked at average attendances just to see.  Most leagues highest is 50-70.  But some teams can be as low as 20.  (There is some outliers of reserve teams of bigger clubs.)  The highest I found was Wakefield AFC with 160 and a stadium that sits 9000.  

I think picking a team in a decent sized town is important, I'm looking at Old Xaverians in Liverpool, I like their kit and they look to be stable.

1 hour ago, Tyer said:

I started a new game with the database as unemployed and went on vacation to the end of the first year, and looked at average attendances just to see.  Most leagues highest is 50-70.  But some teams can be as low as 20.  (There is some outliers of reserve teams of bigger clubs.)  The highest I found was Wakefield AFC with 160 and a stadium that sits 9000.  

I think picking a team in a decent sized town is important, I'm looking at Old Xaverians in Liverpool, I like their kit and they look to be stable.

Im looking at changing the attendances slightly.

I have increased the reputation of the Level 11 clubs because i think they was set too low.

I have made adjustments to the maximum wage for Level 7-10.

I have made adjustments to the contracts.

You should now be able to offer part-time contracts once you turn semi-pro.

Im testing it to see how it works in game.

Wrens Nest Season 2034/35

What an absolutely cracking season we started off by shocking the league by being undefeated through our first 9 and only drawing one of those games. Was there or thereabouts all season had a very congested December with cup matches which in the end cost us the title. Promoted after the Playoffs into League 2 club will turn Professional. 

MVP:

Mathew Lee:

image.thumb.png.86f18c0254bf335eeaa42562902f9cf8.png

image.png.08a6db2176648243272015d7ab829565.png

Finances are looking ok hopefully the TV revenue will be better next seasonimage.thumb.png.13956bc9f778b1cb76ef063dca8b77f9.png

4 hours ago, Waldo the Bear said:

Wrens Nest Season 2034/35

What an absolutely cracking season we started off by shocking the league by being undefeated through our first 9 and only drawing one of those games. Was there or thereabouts all season had a very congested December with cup matches which in the end cost us the title. Promoted after the Playoffs into League 2 club will turn Professional. 

MVP:

Mathew Lee:

image.thumb.png.86f18c0254bf335eeaa42562902f9cf8.png

image.png.08a6db2176648243272015d7ab829565.png

Finances are looking ok hopefully the TV revenue will be better next seasonimage.thumb.png.13956bc9f778b1cb76ef063dca8b77f9.png

Our stadium is being upgraded due to league requirements. The loan should be manageable but we will see.  

image.png.301514c20630e48c83782af6a9faa4ca.png

Congrats!  It looks alot more manageable than what I got thrown.

Honestly the more I think of it, the save was going perfectly fine outside of them building that stadium, had they just done the smaller upgrades as needed we would have been 100% ok, so I'm not sure if a new database is even really needed.

1 hour ago, Tyer said:

Congrats!  It looks alot more manageable than what I got thrown.

Honestly the more I think of it, the save was going perfectly fine outside of them building that stadium, had they just done the smaller upgrades as needed we would have been 100% ok, so I'm not sure if a new database is even really needed.

I have nearly done it now.

1 hour ago, lionel messi said:

Are you still in a shared stadium?

Yeah, we share with Halesowen Town who are in VNN and we pay 1.5K p.a in rent. I guess because we are the ones that need the additional cap we have to pay for it. Our pitch is in poor condition by 2/3 of the way through most seasons. 

image.thumb.png.b6e39ad815d7ea91fa5f486fd345f652.png

14 minutes ago, Waldo the Bear said:

Yeah, we share with Halesowen Town who are in VNN and we pay 1.5K p.a in rent. I guess because we are the ones that need the additional cap we have to pay for it. Our pitch is in poor condition by 2/3 of the way through most seasons. 

image.thumb.png.b6e39ad815d7ea91fa5f486fd345f652.png

Its was the same situation with me too, i share with Basford United.

In my situation my pitch was horrible condition and they would never relay the surface and we always had to reschedule due to water.  I wonder if it being so bad made them want to build a new stadium instead of improve on what we had.

3 minutes ago, Tyer said:

In my situation my pitch was horrible condition and they would never relay the surface and we always had to reschedule due to water.  I wonder if it being so bad made them want to build a new stadium instead of improve on what we had.

How you doing in your save now?

3 hours ago, Tyer said:

yeah this was part of the reason december was so busy for us last season 

Was the level 10 contact information changed?  95% of my people I'm trying to sign say the maximum salary in the league is to low for them to consider.  But they are lvl 10 players, its odd I don't remember seeing first go around.

Maybe $535 a year is below $1k which is the minimum amount I'm thinking?

14 hours ago, Tyer said:

Was the level 10 contact information changed?  95% of my people I'm trying to sign say the maximum salary in the league is to low for them to consider.  But they are lvl 10 players, its odd I don't remember seeing first go around.

Maybe $535 a year is below $1k which is the minimum amount I'm thinking?

Yes i changed the contracts, you are now able to offer part-time contracts in Level 10 after turning semi-pro

Are you finding it difficult to sign players?

I did it to stop clubs from getting into massive debts, I can have a look at it again if the maximum wage is too low.

Here's an example of the screen I get.  He's a good level 10 player but won't sign.  I can sign 2 star players that would take a small contract, but that's it, although my best players are actually still around on amateur contracts, but they wont sign an acutal contract for money like this lol

image.thumb.png.bca2868d84fb735530415fa6242eb159.png

9 hours ago, Tyer said:

Here's an example of the screen I get.  He's a good level 10 player but won't sign.  I can sign 2 star players that would take a small contract, but that's it, although my best players are actually still around on amateur contracts, but they wont sign an acutal contract for money like this lol

image.thumb.png.bca2868d84fb735530415fa6242eb159.png

Ok i will look into altering it

Careful once you get to level 10.  I'm not sure it's where we want it to be with the database.  I'm kind of waiting to see if I want to push through or wait and restart.

I think it might actually be ok because no level 10 clubs will be able to sign decent players because of the league rules.

On 24/08/2021 at 22:01, Tyer said:

Careful once you get to level 10.  I'm not sure it's where we want it to be with the database.  I'm kind of waiting to see if I want to push through or wait and restart.

I think it might actually be ok because no level 10 clubs will be able to sign decent players because of the league rules.

I have updated the database again, try it with a Level 10 club and tell me if you think it is better now.

I'd have to start over with an level 11 team again

(edit: I assume you want me to get start a level 10 save and just test if I can sign new players, then if all is good I can restart, because I can't continue what I was doing on the old save with the new database)

Edited by Tyer

5 minutes ago, Tyer said:

I'd have to start over with an level 11 team again

(edit: I assume you want me to get start a level 10 save and just test if I can sign new players, then if all is good I can restart, because I can't continue what I was doing on the old save with the new database)

No you would have to re-start with a level 11 team.

Yes just test with a level 10 team first.

Good job you all.

I will test the database tonight and if it works nicely in the preseason I will restart the save with Xaverians basically auto click through season one anyways its so easy.

Answer a question for an American lol, I got into level 10 and a team was 1-90 to win in level 10,   Vauxhall Motors, are they a decent sized team?  I was shocked to see a team that big of a favorite.

6 minutes ago, Tyer said:

Good job you all.

I will test the database tonight and if it works nicely in the preseason I will restart the save with Xaverians basically auto click through season one anyways its so easy.

Answer a question for an American lol, I got into level 10 and a team was 1-90 to win in level 10,   Vauxhall Motors, are they a decent sized team?  I was shocked to see a team that big of a favorite.

It can happen when you have got a very good team and you are big favorites to win the league.

Vauhall Motors are a decent sized team, they played at Level 6 from 2005-2014 but have slipped down the pyramid since then.

Think the new database is good.  Found a 'good level 10 players and offered a contract and he would at least entertain the offer, so that's good.  Made new save, ill start tomorrow.

image.thumb.png.afb9f8c0b0e9bc2c60969dde60f698c5.png

image.thumb.png.cf0836f268384377ad773056a19fdf10.png

Edited by Tyer

Wrens nest Season 2035/36

First season fully professional. was expected to finish dead last and go back down, Oh how we proved them wrong. We were sitting in the top 3 for most of the first half of the season so key injuries hurt the back end of our season. We fought our way to the last play off spot finishing 7th. Lost our first leg in the semis at home 1-2, then we came back and slotted 5 away goals finishing up 6-5 on agg. Heartbreak in the final. losing 1-2. Overall pretty happy with our performance probably good to consolidate next season, Finance were looking kind of dicey before the final and solidarity payments current sitting with 450K in the bank. 

image.thumb.png.a74d7939b3f50a0fef93e417b9c7d4d9.png

9 hours ago, Waldo the Bear said:

Wrens nest Season 2035/36

First season fully professional. was expected to finish dead last and go back down, Oh how we proved them wrong. We were sitting in the top 3 for most of the first half of the season so key injuries hurt the back end of our season. We fought our way to the last play off spot finishing 7th. Lost our first leg in the semis at home 1-2, then we came back and slotted 5 away goals finishing up 6-5 on agg. Heartbreak in the final. losing 1-2. Overall pretty happy with our performance probably good to consolidate next season, Finance were looking kind of dicey before the final and solidarity payments current sitting with 450K in the bank. 

image.thumb.png.a74d7939b3f50a0fef93e417b9c7d4d9.png

Do you make quite a bit of money in League 2?

Do you have any debt?

What was your attendances like?

On 28/08/2021 at 18:43, lionel messi said:

Do you make quite a bit of money in League 2?

Do you have any debt?

What was your attendances like?

Attendance was better but still the worst in the league at 1400 average. was running at a 300K loss for the season until the playoff final gate receipts and the solidarity payment current financials below taken a day after the final. Was sitting at Finances: okay for most of the season even though we were in debt. We have 1.7 million in debt for the stadium.

image.thumb.png.6b63ef41f01ada1a20b603d87b2d4503.png 

Edited by Waldo the Bear