Foward role in 433?

Yeah, I think if you are going to go with the 2 attack duties on the flanks, then a False Nine is probably your best bet... those wingers need space to get into and no one else in your front 3 is going to help in the build-up.

But, if you switched one to support then a few options open up:

• I had good luck with a complete forward, even though the players in the role were not great for it. Either support or attack worked to have the player get involved in goal scoring
  • I am now using a pressing forward, usually on support, but I change that based on opposition and what not. It is early days for me with that, but my main striker (who missed a game through injury) is currently my joint top goal scorer (low numbers all around, though, as we are only a few games in)

22 hours ago, dw2193 said:

Hard to advise without the profile of the strikers,

personally if you want to play with two wide players like you have on attack, youd want someone who will create space for them, so ideally a support duty.

Very much this 

My preferred role would be pressing forward on support since it's the role that produce a movement pattern similar to what you would see from Messi or Totti irl 

On 14/12/2020 at 11:08, ThomasHK1979 said:

Im playing Milan but i struggle to find the right role for my striker. I play Arezo or Leao in the role. 
I want the best possible performance from my winger, my mezzala and my striker. Should I put my striker as CF, AF, PF, DLF or maybe F9 ?

20201214170036_1.jpg

I would defiantly go for a False 9. Like others said, you want someone to come deep to help connect with the midfield and, at the same time, create space for your wingers. The false 9 is a tricky roles though, you really need the right player. In my opinion Arezo can do it, even if he is very young, with time he'll learn the role. I don't know Leao well enough to say. Good luck!

Isn't the issue your front three are far too aggressive?

I'm an advocate for a traditional striker, so I always use Advance Forwards, or if I can get a good player, I'll go CF/A.

But the key is making sure there's support around him, so I have IF and Winger on support duties behind him, which gives them a chance to get involved in the build up. A Mezzala on attack will also provide an aggressive attacking option into the box alongside the flank opposite an IF, making it a front four when you're dominating. 

If you absolutely want to keep both wing players on attacking duties, I'd pull the striker back into a DLF/S of CF/S, so that he will hold up the ball for those two players to get into forward positions for his passes. 

Just my theory. 

• 5 weeks later...

I think it depends on how you want to play.  I have had success with a counter attacking style and the front three on attack.  You can see nice 3 on 2 breaks.  For a more possession type style having the striker on support would be better.

19 minutes ago, melogroovy said:

I think it depends on how you want to play.  I have had success with a counter attacking style and the front three on attack.  You can see nice 3 on 2 breaks.  For a more possession type style having the striker on support would be better.

So still a CF ?

The forward role is not a problem per se. The problem is the rest of the tactic. Any role can work in a well-designed tactic (assuming the player playing that role has required attributes). 

I see that you keep insisting on a very shaky midfield setup and a lot of exotic roaming roles + lack of defensive cover on the flanks (especially the left one). That makes the tactic poorly balanced and can cause a number of players to underperform - not because of themselves or their roles but because of the unbalanced system as a whole. 

The same role will behave differently within different tactical setups, simply because roles never work in isolation but exclusively through interaction. 

Your team instructions don't help, either. Because you are asking your players to do a lot of contradicting stuff, which is likely to cause confusion in your tactic. 

Do not overcomplicate something than can be pretty simple. 

1 hour ago, Experienced Defender said:

The forward role is not a problem per se. The problem is the rest of the tactic. Any role can work in a well-designed tactic (assuming the player playing that role has required attributes). 

I see that you keep insisting on a very shaky midfield setup and a lot of exotic roaming roles + lack of defensive cover on the flanks (especially the left one). That makes the tactic poorly balanced and can cause a number of players to underperform - not because of themselves or their roles but because of the unbalanced system as a whole. 

The same role will behave differently within different tactical setups, simply because roles never work in isolation but exclusively through interaction. 

Your team instructions don't help, either. Because you are asking your players to do a lot of contradicting stuff, which is likely to cause confusion in your tactic. 

Do not overcomplicate something than can be pretty simple. 

That was not the exact tactic I use because I wasnt at my PC. The tactic below is what I have used in the last 10 games. Taking into account what I have been reccomended in here, this tactic should not work at all. Especially not a MEZatt on the same side as a IWatt. But it work fantastic. Hammering Arsenal 4-1, beating Roma away 4-0 and beating Inter 3-0.

AC Milan_ Overview.png

1 hour ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

Taking into account what I have been reccomended in here, this tactic should not work at all. Especially not a MEZatt on the same side as a IWatt. But it work fantastic. Hammering Arsenal 4-1, beating Roma away 4-0 and beating Inter 3-0

Great then. Just stick to it and enjoy your game :thup: