Am I being stupid? (Squad registration question)

So as the title suggests, am I being stupid or is this a bug.....

I am in pre season of season two on my Birmingham City save (to be precise it is 25th June 2021). I got promoted and I have already signed a couple of players, but all of a sudden if I go to bid for ANY player in the world it comes up with a warning on the transfer bid screen to state "player X cannot be registered for the English Premier Division until 1/1/2022".

Is this right? As a newly promoted team I have to wait until January to register anyone I sign from now on in? This seems like a bug to me but just wanted to check I wasn't being stupid somewhere.

players can't play for more than 3 clubs in a 12-month period, so were they onloan at any point during the last 12 months?

ie... player appeared on January 1st for ParentClub
player is loaned out (for regular first team football) in January - plays games for Team2
You sign player (as team 3), and wouldn't be able to play them until January 1st of the following year

2 minutes ago, samdiatmh said:

players can't play for more than 3 clubs in a 12-month period, so were they onloan at any point during the last 12 months?

ie... player appeared on January 1st for ParentClub
player is loaned out (for regular first team football) in January - plays games for Team2
You sign player (as team 3), and wouldn't be able to play them until January 1st of the following year

No, for example I am currently looking at Jack O'Connell of Sheff Utd. He hasn't played for any other team since 2015/16 but it still comes up with the same message. It is almost like it thinks the transfer window has closed but it has only just opened. 

7 hours ago, phoenix81 said:

Update nope cant be registered and never seen this before 

So my game basicly broken until update out 

Screenshot_69.png

Maybe the changes to the Brexit rules has thrown something out. I am going to have to stop playing this save until a fix is implemented as I can't wait until January to register my new signings.

8 minutes ago, Jonthedon26 said:

Maybe the changes to the Brexit rules has thrown something out

Over on the San Marino Challenge thread, we're noticing issues around registration as well - so not sure it's a Brexit issue.  Season 1 you can't sign players until 1 September - I tried an FC Andorra save as well - couldn't sign players until 2022 (before the hot fix) - but looks like registration is still bugged even after the hot fix yesterday.

37 minutes ago, duesouth said:

Over on the San Marino Challenge thread, we're noticing issues around registration as well - so not sure it's a Brexit issue.  Season 1 you can't sign players until 1 September - I tried an FC Andorra save as well - couldn't sign players until 2022 (before the hot fix) - but looks like registration is still bugged even after the hot fix yesterday.

Hmmm very strange! My first season was fine but been hit with it 2nd season. Hope they can fix this asap

27 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

I'm pretty sure that it's a UI bug, and doesn't actually prevent you from registering the player. Worth reporting in the UI bug subforum though.

I had a similar issue and I actually signed one of the players to see and it did allow me to register him. Most definitely a bug. 

1 hour ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

I'm pretty sure that it's a UI bug, and doesn't actually prevent you from registering the player. Worth reporting in the UI bug subforum though.

59 minutes ago, jimbo22 said:

I had a similar issue and I actually signed one of the players to see and it did allow me to register him. Most definitely a bug. 

Brilliant, thanks.

I'm having some squad registration issues as well. I thought it was just me not understanding the rules. When I register a squad for European football, there is a minimum number of players trained at my club. However, when I add a player that has not been trained at my club, the number of players that has been trained at my club goes down. Don't think that should be the case.

18 hours ago, phoenix81 said:

So my game basicly broken until update out 

Screenshot_69.png

to piggy back this,

I've actually seen that "testing changes only" button in my save...

are you actually in a registration/transfer window?

I saw mine when I went into "squad registration" in October - so I wasn't able to register any new players
it appeared because I was able to get a WP for a signing that I made in the summer (and got the WP on appeal in October)

12 minutes ago, samdiatmh said:

to piggy back this,

I've actually seen that "testing changes only" button in my save...

are you actually in a registration/transfer window?

I saw mine when I went into "squad registration" in October - so I wasn't able to register any new players
it appeared because I was able to get a WP for a signing that I made in the summer (and got the WP on appeal in October)

6 hours ago, jimbo22 said:

Yes transfer window still open making no sense to me can still register and unregister last seasons players 

7 hours ago, Takamaru said:

I'm having some squad registration issues as well. I thought it was just me not understanding the rules. When I register a squad for European football, there is a minimum number of players trained at my club. However, when I add a player that has not been trained at my club, the number of players that has been trained at my club goes down. Don't think that should be the case.

I think you'd need to show some screenshots for that so we can actually see what's happening.

I am having this issue and my save was NOT started in the beta, so it's not an exclusive issue. 

I can't register any players for my B team as it says 'testing changes only' as per the above screenshots. I can register my own first team squad but every other squad in La Liga can't register a player. We just played the first round of fixtures and I played vs Getafe's under 19s...