FM21: Unia Janikowo - This Year Is Our Year

Rikulec

G9jx7ug.jpg

Everyone's available for selection, no injuries or suspensions on our part, so that's pretty much the best team we can field. It was pretty much a coin toss between Zborowski and Żmuda for the left wing, but it's the former who's been performing much better in the cup, so he gets the chance to shine on the big stage. Let's do this!

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

xlDKKbY.jpg

45 minutes of twists and turns, that's not going to be good for my nerves! Podbeskidzie dominated the first 30 minutes and grabbed a well deserved goal through a set piece header, having been brilliantly denied by Fabiszewski a couple of times beforehand. Then we really switched on after I made a tactical change, which resulted in an amazing solo run by Zborowski finished off by a 25-yard thunderbolt into the top far corner. Proper stuff of dreams that goal. Unfortunately, Zagraba got carried away a few minutes later and went flying into the legs of a Podbeskidzie player, obviously resulting in a red card. We did get a golden opportunity to go in front with 10 man shortly before the break, but Wrześniewski's header hit the post and an attempted clearance rolled just wide of it after bouncing off Kędziora. All square at half time, what's next?!

xgTxaby.jpg

It was always going to be extra time, wasn't it? We've already commited a staggering 30 fouls, so to see we've only had two players given yellow cards is quite relieving. For now it's Fabiszewski and Zborowski keeping us in it - the former could have done a bit better for Podbeskidzie's goal in my opinion as he let in a rather weak near post shot from outside the box, but he really shone in some more difficult situations. As for our winger, he produced yet another great run, this time delivering a low cross for Kędziora to bang in his 8th goal in the cup this season and 20th overall. Thirty more minutes, can we hold on?

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - May 2024 - Unia Janikowo

I Liga

BMnUXw2.jpg

rcGwq9z.jpg

Yes! There's absolutely no stopping us at the moment! Not only does a perfect month fire us into the top spot, but we've actually secured promotion with one more game to go! Can we go all the way and win the whole thing?

Puchar Polski

AocYawD.jpg

You've obviously seen this already. :cool:

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2023/24 - Unia Janikowo

I Liga

Results (Jul-Dec) - Results (Mar-Jul)

Competition Performance: Runners-up (promoted)

I was preparing myself for a tough relegation battle, maybe a decent mid-table finish with a bit of luck. After the first part of the season we seemed to be heading for the latter, but then something clicked after the winter break despite me changing literally nothing. 10 wins in 14 games allowed us to make a late run and even enter the top spot in the final stages of the season. We ended up missing out on the title, but who cares? We exceeded all expectations, and that wasn't the end...

Puchar Polski

Competition Performance: Winners

...because we did something absolutely unthinkable! Of course, luck of the draw really helped us on the way, but we still had to do our part. And that final was truly a game to remember!

Squad

I didn't think this team was good enough for the second tier and now we're going to be battling it out with the big boys. Incomings are a must, particularly in midfield. Szczytniewski, Włodarczyk, Pawłowski, Mycan, and Machaj are being let go.

Transfers - Finances

We did improve, but the rate of that improvement really doesn't match the club's growth rate. I wonder when that's going to catch up to us.

Our cup campaign did wonders to our budget!

Player of the Season

1st - Michał Wrześniewski - for the first time it's not Kędziora! Another great season for our defender, who got the highest average rating in the squad and was probably our most consistent performer. I hope he can keep the same level up in the top tier despite approaching 30 years of age.

2nd - Gracjan Fabiszewski - a very good season and significant improvement for the goalkeeper who's been with us since the beginning.

3rd - Przemysław Kędziora - once again he became our top scorer. What's probably even more impressive is his return in the cup - eight goals in six games, including a crucial equaliser in the final. He's not tearing teams apart like he used to anymore and I think Ekstraklasa is going to be tough for him, but he's still a legend to me.

Next Season

We have Europe and the Polish Supercup to prepare for and we've only just got promoted! The league obviously has to be the focus here. Our objective is going to be avoiding relegation... just like last year and the year before that.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2024/25 - Unia Janikowo

Board Expectations:

PKO BP Ekstraklasa: Fight bravely against relegation
Puchar Polski: Be competitive
Superpuchar: Be competitive
Europa Conference League: Be competitive

My Expectations:

PKO BP Ekstraklasa: Same expectations as always, but this time there's a huge gulf in quality.
Puchar Polski: We're not very likely to repeat last season's success, but we'll try.
Superpuchar: Not important.
Europa Conference League: Make some money if we can.

Budgets:

Transfer: £792,289
Wage: £21,776 (currently spending £6,777)
Balance: £1,173,573

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2024/25 - Unia Janikowo

Friendlies

kI0AJ15.jpg

Satisfying.

Transfers

17vospM.jpg

No less than eleven incomings. Not everyone is meant for the starting XI of course, but I feel we've really improved the quality of our squad overall.

Rafał Chwiendacz - he may or may not develop, but there's pretty much no risk here.

Jan Goliński - another free transfer to provide depth at centre back.

Oskar Marciniak - a similar story to Chwiendacz. I like his attribute spread.

Wojciech Orłowski - we clearly went down the route of snapping up lower league talent and this guy is definitely one to watch.

Kacper Piątek - an old friend from last year joins us again as our new starting left winger.

Maros Bartos - one of the two foreigners we picked up. We'll see how he does in the Segundo Volante role.

Remigiusz Szywacz - an experienced defender to form a duo with Wrześniewski.

Łukasz Baranowski - Polish newgens seem to have been seriously boosted this year, here's one example. Shame it's only a loan!

Lukas Olejnik - he may not be the quickest, but I still fancy him behind Piątek on the left flank.

Filip Pleśnierowicz - pure playmaking talent to slot in behind...

Marcin Grabowski - as much as I love Kędziora, we needed someone better for the Ekstraklasa, and here he is.

6 hours ago, DavidBeckham said:

Baranowski looks like a great prospect. Any chance of signing him permanently? 

I don't think so, at least not in the near future. Even if we had enough money, our reputation is still so low that most of my original transfer targets didn't even want to discuss contract terms. We still have a long way to go.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - July 2024 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

DgS982j.jpg

4JnNmVa.jpg

A decent enough start to life in the Ekstraklasa with a dramatic late winner at Jagiellonia and an unlucky home defeat against Śląsk.

Superpuchar

slBbDTB.jpg

:cool:

Europa Conference League

sgAAy8E.jpg

It's way too early for us to be challenging teams of this quality. We kept them at bay for 60 minutes though.

Transfers

Jakub Kuzdra - a versatile defensive player joins for £38K from Warta Poznań. You may like to know that I actually played San Andreas Multiplayer with this guy a few years ago. :D

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - August 2024 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

trkXSUg.jpg

xqSk2P8.jpg

Oh dear. Looks like we're up for a proper relegation battle. And we don't talk about that game.

Europa Conference League

EgYAbjC.jpg

Argh! I rotated a bit for this game and the players who got their chance really did their absolute best, almost doing the unthinkable and tipping the scales our way. So, so close!

Transfers

Michał Mościcki - okay, okay, I'll stop buying players now. This talented winger comes from Ruch Chorzów for £55K.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - September 2024 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

ltOSD1i.jpg

1MI7aNE.jpg

Another winless month as we somehow still hang above the drop zone. We need to start picking up points right now though.

Puchar Polski

i1iPe2W.jpg

No fairytales or lucky draws this time.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - October 2024 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

0LKWMEU.jpg

ZSOCTVP.jpg

That's more like it! We took full advantage of an easier run of fixtures, should have beaten Pogoń as well. We're now five points above the drop zone, let's keep this up.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - February 2025 - Unia Janikowo

Friendlies

nPuDDbs.jpg

Kędziora. :cool:

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

RYIn6jq.jpg

kvcVuDN.jpg

Some tricky games this month as we managed to navigate through them quite well. The threat of relegation is becoming more and more distant.

Transfers

Matvey Semkin - he becomes our second biggest transfer at £135K from Shakhter Soligorsk. A good young central defender, hopefully with room to grow.

Stanislav Skoda - my plan is to convert him to play the Segundo Volante role. We bought him from Sokolov for £49K.