FM21: Unia Janikowo - This Year Is Our Year

Rikulec

5 hours ago, Khrayze said:

Unlucky on the youth intake :(

27 minutes ago, Chrisofclubs said:

Unlucky with the your intake mate! Some decent results in the league though! Time to build and smash the league next season! 

To be fair, I think it's going to be a while before we get the necessary updates and start getting decent intakes. That takes money, and we simply don't have it right now.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - May 2021 - Unia Janikowo

Third Division

eQEaVAJ.jpg

DBbde75.jpg

We've been able to dominate games and create chances, but we're not finishing teams off. Still, a surprise battle for a top 3 finish is very much on as Radunia have struggled recently and we face them at home in the penultimate game of the season.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - June 2021 - Unia Janikowo

Third Division

TyFJasO.jpg

twN3JYY.jpg

We managed to grind out a potentially crucial victory against Radunia only to undo the effort with poor finishing against Kotwica. Shame, but a 4th place finish is still a good achievement given the place we're in.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2020/21 - Unia Janikowo

Third Division

Results (regular season) - Results (championship group)

Competition Performance: 4th

The board expected a tough relegation battle, but we never looked like getting involved in one and ended up comfortably in the championship group. Only 22 goals conceded in 35 games paint a picture of a very solid defence, which definitely was the foundation of our success.

Puchar Polski

Competition Performance: Second Round

We were only expected to do our best and we delivered exactly that, kicking out a team from a division above and giving Legia one hell of a game before giving in to an injury time winner. A very respectable performance.

Squad

This is a solid group of players and I'm sure some of them are good enough to have us mount a serious promotion challenge next year. Improvements are needed as well though, I'd kill for a consistent, creative playmaker. Garstka, Mysiak, and Ciarkowski are leaving as their contracts run out on 30th June.

Transfers - Finances

Just the two incomings. Neither of them set the world on fire, but they both turned out to be decent performers. As for those who left, only Kowalczuk was a first team member and he was simply not good enough.

Finances are always tough at this level of football and ours are no different.

Player of the Season

1st - Przemysław Kędziora - believe it or not, but in the first season of my last year's save the whole team scored 44 goals, out of which 26 were Kędziora's. And guess what - exactly the same thing happened again. He went on a mad spree in the regular season, but then other teams finally adapted to our admittedly not very ambitious tactics, significantly halting his progress. Still, there could be no other choice for this award really.

2nd - Michał Wrześniewski - in real life he has turned out to be a disappointment so far, which fortunately hasn't been the case in the game - his ability is way above the league standard and it shows. He's the main reason why we performed so well defensively throughout the campaign. A very dependable player.

3rd - Maciej Zagraba - the young loanee made the best out of his stay in Janikowo, improving significantly over the course of the season and eventually beating Jakub Żmuda to the starting XI spot. I've already extended his loan for another season, which I'm really happy about.

Next Season

With the right additions and perhaps some more slight tactical tweaks I can see us challenging for promotion.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2021/22 - Unia Janikowo

Board Expectations:

Third Division: Top half finish

My Expectations:

Third Division: Challenge for promotion.

Budgets:

Transfer: £0
Wage: £4,016 (currently spending £3,535)
Balance: £27,107

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2021/22 - Unia Janikowo

Friendlies

J6ACNqr.jpg

A perfect set of victories against opponents of mixed quality, including a top tier side Zagłębie and 2nd tier Widzew!

Transfers

g2x7Hdn.jpg

This season it was all about adding depth and strengthening a couple of key areas.

Krystian Mądrowski - if Kędziora struggles, we'll have the option of bringing this lad on. He sure can score goals, but he probably can't do much more than that.

Szymon Pawłowski - always nice to poach a talented youngster from a local rival!

Szymon Piekarski - backup for Machaj.

Bartłomiej Gajda - the new shield in front of our defence to replace Mysiak.

Sebastian Gwóźdź - our new starting right back.

Przemysław Mycaj - he's primarily listed as a striker, but for me hopefully he's going to be the playmaker we need so badly.

In addition to those signings, we've also extended the loans of Eryk Rajnisz and Maciej Zagraba, both important first team players.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - July 2021 - Unia Janikowo

Third Division

IRx9Xjh.jpg

97VzRcp.jpg

The league is back to its usual 34-game format and we kick it off with a dominant home win.

Edited by Rikulec

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - August 2021 - Unia Janikowo

Third Division

CLDsTlB.jpg

OCbrnaY.jpg

Boom! A month of incredible performances fires us into the top spot. We've already scored half the number of goals we did last season. Kędziora and Żmuda are on fire!

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - September 2021 - Unia Janikowo

Third Division

HMIxag0.jpg

0nYsjKM.jpg

Two late goals from Górnik Konin mean we're no longer perfect or unbeaten. :( We remain at the top of the table though, but we have to be wary of the teams behind us as it's getting quite tight there.

Edited by Rikulec

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - October 2021 - Unia Janikowo

Third Division

EEFKrKo.jpg

noiv1zz.jpg

We're no longer dominating or blowing teams away, but we keep getting the points on board. The Elana game was a proper thriller - we were 2:1 up at half time, then conceded three times after the break and finally grabbed two more goals in the 82nd and 90th minute to escape with an important draw.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - November 2021 - Unia Janikowo

Third Division

qQjWo9f.jpg

AN9plXC.jpg

A bore draw against Kotwica was more than made up for to the neutrals with the mad game in Gdynia. We enter the winter break with a six-point cushion at the top.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2021/22 - Unia Janikowo

Third Division

Results (Jul-Nov) - Results (Mar-Jul)

Competition Performance: Winners

We absolutely steamrolled the league. Once it got going, it was never really in doubt that we were going to win the damn thing. We broke the records for the most points and wins in a season and equalled the record for the most goals scored. What else could you ask for?

Squad

A well rounded group of players with no one truly outstanding in terms of pure ability. We're going to see whether that level is going to suffice after the promotion. Hartwich, Gajda, and Goździk are leaving at the end of their contracts.

Transfers - Finances

No real stars on the incoming side. Out of those seven players I'd say Pawłowski, Gwóźdź, and Mycan ended up as solid starters, the rest had to accept the role of backups. As you can see, Mądrowski wasn't too happy, but I was never going to drop Kędziora.

Experience tells me that our financial situation is only going to get better once we reach the top flight.

Player of the Season

1st - Przemysław Kędziora - who else? This time he maintained consistency throughout the whole season, ending up with 34 league goals in as many games - and yet again not becoming the top scorer! I don't think anyone's going to be bothered by that though. What a player.

2nd - Bartosz Machaj - in my first season I tried to fit him into the old system by converting him to play in midfield, this year he got a chance to shine in his natural position on the right wing and he repaid me with double figures for both goals and assists. A great campaign from him, hopefully he can maintain that level of performance despite approaching 30 years of age.

3rd - Eryk Rajnisz - actually it was him and not Kędziora or Machaj who got the highest average rating in the league. The young defender was brilliant at the back, forming a great partnership with Wrześniewski and racking up some very impressive numbers. It's a shame we're probably not going to retain him for the next season.

Next Season

Survival has to be the aim.

XxwKjDf.jpg

It had already been announced, but now it's official.

XZA45Ib.jpg

I was immediately rewarded with a new contract and a significant raise. I've also become favoured personnel alongside Kędziora.

6kkqMLw.jpg

And we also got a very important upgrade.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2022/23 - Unia Janikowo

Board Expectations:

II Liga Polska: Avoid relegation

My Expectations:

II Liga Polska: Just stay up and consolidate.

Budgets:

Transfer: £0
Wage: £5,607 (currently spending £4,643)
Balance: £25,483

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2022/23 - Unia Janikowo

Friendlies

8fq9Q56.jpg

A perfect set of wins, but Kędziora picked up a calf injury in the Elana game and will miss the first three or four league games.

Transfers

B3Ir6qd.jpg

Evolution, not revolution.

Sebastian Szczytniewski - a versatile youngster who can provide backup for centre backs or the left back slot.

Marcin Goliński - I firmly believe he can develop into a very good player.

Jakub Lorek - I hoped he was a little bit better to be fair, but we desperately need backup U-21 players.

Rafał Włodarczyk - our new starting left back.

Patryk Nowakowski - the replacement for Rajnisz, hopefully.

Additionally, Mateusz Kocieniewski has been promoted from the youth team.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - August 2022 - Unia Janikowo

II Liga

IjTWV1X.jpg

jvFiIPW.jpg

That's a ridiculous month to be fair. :D Would have been even better if we hadn't given away a two-goal lead against Wisła Puławy. I think we're being vastly underestimated by our opponents, let's see how long this lasts.

20 horas atrás, Rikulec disse:

LpbUBtF.jpg

They played a suicidal 3-1-4-2 with two wingers and absolutely no protection on the flanks. Let's just say it didn't quite work out for them. :D

Quite close game...

Cheers,
Bitner