FM21: Unia Janikowo - This Year Is Our Year

Rikulec

eEtoQpN.jpg

Not everything has been so sweet though. Słota Jr had a rather disappointing season in a 5th tier side Górnik Konin, effectively becoming their 12th man and only scoring three goals, coming on off the bench in no less than 30 games and starting only 3. He's also on a non-contract, so it's not even like he's making any proper money from playing football. :(

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2029/30 - Unia Janikowo

Board Expectations:

PKO BP Ekstraklasa: Top half finish
Puchar Polski: Semi Final
Superpuchar: Not important
Champions League: Second Qualifying Round

My Expectations:

PKO BP Ekstraklasa: Win it.
Puchar Polski: Win it.
Superpuchar: Win it.
Champions League: The standard for Polish clubs seems to be dropping down to the Europa League group, so that's a minimum.

Budgets:

Transfer: £6,567,981
Wage: £125,355 (currently spending £55,637)
Balance: £11,500,184

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2029/30 - Unia Janikowo

Friendlies

OO03PSR.jpg

I'm happy we beat Anderlecht.

Transfers

EJkEuWt.jpg

Yup, I got a bit carried away. :D

Bosko Jozak - a very solid left back to replace Zawislan.

Robert Demianiuk - by far the biggest transfer of the window in terms of sending a message. Demianiuk was raised by Legia and became their star player, tormenting us on more than one occasion. And here we are, paying his release clause and snapping him up. Feels bloody great if you ask me.

Zdravko Coric - I have no idea why he's not treated like an absolute star, just look at all these 16s and 17s in all the right places! I have really, really high hopes for him.

Adam Żuberek - another ex-Legia player in our ranks, although this is one for the future.

Szymon Karpieszuk - he had a relegation release clause, which I paid without hesitation. A fantastic player at only 18 years of age.

We also promoted no less than five players from the youth team: Wojciech Primel, Kamil Fijarczyk, Marek Hołtyn, Tomasz Kożuch, and Sasa Norac-Kevo.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - July 2029 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

zUrRX7h.jpg

Wjj5DHL.jpg

Not the worst of starts, but of course I feel we should be beating teams like Górnik.

Superpuchar

J6bnsoc.jpg

We made it way harder for ourselves than it should have been as we allowed Wisła into a two-goal lead before destroying them in the final ten minutes. It was none other than Robert Demianiuk who netted the winner in the 91st - he did exactly the same half a year ago for Legia against us!

Champions League

sFbXaCu.jpg

Smooth sailing so far. It's worth noting that it was our second XI who dismantled Paide LM!

2 hours ago, Toffle said:

YES! YOU DID IT! CONGRATZ!

:applause:

The players you just brought in are adding such a value to the team, very well done!

Cheers mate. I'm happy with how we're steadily developing, and it turns out there may be more to come in this window...

1 hour ago, Polski97 said:

:eek::eek::ackter:

200.gif

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - August 2029 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

xh0DAPW.jpg

Ybzn3sm.jpg

We handled the tough schedule in the best possible way - by winning all the damn games! I feel this month really sends a message to the rest of the league, last season wasn't a fluke.

Champions League

53Q8HgF.jpg

The Zagreb miracle was followed by an incredible performance and a dismantling of the Croatian champions. Unfortunately, Crvena Zvezda were a bit too much for us, even though the first game was much closer than the scoreline would suggest. We're not quite there yet, but we're not far off either.

1 hour ago, Rikulec said:

Lazio are way out of our league and I'm not sure what to expect from Celtic, but we definitely should be beating BATE. We'll see what happens.

I guess somebody is going to say that to progress you'll have to masterBATE, so it might as well be me :lol:

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - September 2029 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

2LChL4C.jpg

O6ZrzMw.jpg

We're conceding a bit too often for my liking. Lech are looking quite strong early on while Legia drop off significantly.

Puchar Polski

7yFaigj.jpg

Our second XI couldn't handle a full strength Śląsk side. I can't really blame them for that.

Europa League

lMBcnmf.jpg

pAm9Ilc.jpg

Lazio are nothing short of a world class team, no shame in losing to them.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - October 2029 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

sm7BDH2.jpg

1HOQAgC.jpg

We keep getting the points on board, but the performances aren't anywhere near as good as they should be.

Europa League

sYflvtb.jpg

M47fqvG.jpg

Celtic shattered our dreams of Europa League football in February, thankfully we picked up a crucial win in Belarus. If we win our next game at home against BATE, we'll guarantee ourselves a spot in the Europa Conference League.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - November 2029 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

IiINXWe.jpg

CffyweY.jpg

No unbeaten season for us then.

Europa League

Hvd45w4.jpg

XzuS48E.jpg

Our finishing was awful against BATE and what's worse, they caught us on the counter and escaped with three points. We put up a good fight in Rome, but ultimately couldn't nick a result and we still can't be sure of finishing 3rd.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - December 2029 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

HNkE4jN.jpg

3vzL9h1.jpg

An awful performance against Górnik knocks us down to 2nd as Lech remain very, very strong. Not ideal considering that we have them away in one of our first games after the break.

Europa League

W2iV8kW.jpg

V78Ig3V.jpg

We managed a point against the Scottish Premiership leaders, sealing the 3rd placed finish I was aiming for.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - February 2030 - Unia Janikowo

Friendlies

vhqgDKd.jpg

A good win to end our preparations for the second half of the season.

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

PCvZHwm.jpg

NKrSzWu.jpg

Lech denied us a win with a late equaliser, hopefully this doesn't come back to bite us up the arse.

Europa Conference League

SxbW9av.jpg

We're through! To be honest I was quite pessimistic after the first leg, but we grabbed an early goal in Edinburgh and never looked like letting the lead slip. We've made the second knockout round for the third year in a row!

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - March 2030 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

uCbBg2r.jpg

c3TkaKS.jpg

This time it was us who equalised late into the game against Legia, but other than that we've been perfect, which allowed us to go top with a three-point cushion and a favourable head-to-head record. Eight games remain.

Europa Conference League

gKK0qrA.jpg

Never in doubt! We dominated the Ukrainians over two legs and earned a fully deserved historic European quarter final!

Youth Intake

F1HbsSu.jpg

Kwiatkowski looks promising indeed, although I'll probably be using him behind the striker rather than up top. We also got a Brazilian in there somehow, but unfortunately he's nothing special.

Dawid Kwiatkowski

Szymon Rasak

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - April 2030 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

MT627Lx.jpg

mFHd7up.jpg

We only slipped up once, but that was enough for Lech to catch up. There's absolutely no more room for error.

Europa Conference League

Bn1yP3B.jpg

So, so frustrating! The first leg was a hard fought victory that cost us four of our first choice players, including three defenders: Kokoska and Semkin were suspended for the return leg while Jozak and Karpieszuk picked up injuries that ruled them out for a month each. We did our best in Portugal, but Pękala made two mistakes leading to goals in the first half and we couldn't follow up Slama's goal with another one, getting caught on the break instead. We'll never know what could have been.

8 hours ago, Bitner said:

Nice try :(((

Cheers,
Bitner

We were close, I feel we could have done it with a full squad in the return leg. Well, there's always next year I suppose.

6 hours ago, DavidBeckham said:

Good luck for the final 3 games of the season mate!

Cheers!

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - May 2030 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

qihFLYP.jpg

mOZryLg.jpg

Way easier than expected! We cruised to the title with three convincing wins, clinching it in the penultimate game following Lech's defeat in game 32.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2029/30 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

Results (Jul-Dec) - Results (Feb-May)

Competition Performance: Winners

We ultimately prove our status in the country by retaining the title. Compared to last season, we picked up one point more this time and whilst we conceded more goals, we scored as many as 80, which is really good. We also did a very good job of maintaining good league form while making a long European run.

Puchar Polski

Competition Performance: First Round

Yet another disappointing exit, but at this stage of the season there are other priorities.

Superpuchar

Competition Performance: Winners

A dramatic win kicked off our domestic campaign.

Champions League

Competition Performance: Fourth Qualifying Round

We came close to reaching the promised land after a memorable battle with Dinamo, but ultimately fell short after a harsh defeat to Crvena Zvezda. Not bad, but not satisfying either.

Europa League

Competition Performance: Group Stage

A similar story here - we met my aim of finishing 3rd in the group and dropping down to the Europa Conference League, yet I feel we could have done a bit better. We shouldn't be losing to BATE, let alone doing it at home.

Europa Conference League

Competition Performance: Quarter Final

And finally, we made our best run so far in our favourite hipster competition. With better luck we could have got even further, unfortunately the first leg win in a quarter final came at a huge cost and we couldn't overcome that in Portugal.

Squad

We have some real stars such as Banic or Demianiuk and players like Fijarczyk or Norac-Kevo who could have a great future ahead of them. Still gradually improving. Poręba is getting released at the end of his contract in June.

Transfers - Finances

This was our biggest transfer window so far, both in terms of money received and money spent. Thankfully I made no mistakes with incomings, every player on the list made a huge contribution this season.

We lost some money this time round, but the financial situation is still quite comfortable.

Player of the Season

1st - Neven Banic - what a player, what a season. He became a key figure for us at a mere age of 18 and equalled Kędziora's record of 34 goals in all competitions in one season. Easily the league's top scorer, and 10 assists don't look too shabby either! He's almost certainly getting a big move this summer.

2nd - Robert Demianiuk - formerly a star player for Legia, this season he shone again, only in our shirt. A prolific goalscorer in the league, a very creative player in Europe. I wish we could hold onto him for another season, but with the amount of interest he's generating it's not very likely.

3rd - Bosko Jozak - I always try to include at least one defensive player in this list every season and this time it's Jozak's turn. It was actually him who finished the league with the highest average rating of all our players, and that's despite a rather modest attacking output. Really dominant at left back, probably the league's best player in this position.

Next Season

Our best players are attracting a lot of interest and they have release clauses, so the summer could be quite busy. I hope for a third title in a row and possibly the Champions League group stage, but a lot depends on what happens transfers-wise.

ManxRqp.jpg

XmerTxE.jpg

And finally, there's also been some big news for the club. Damian Chmielnicki was with us since the beginning of the save, but now, the club having been elevated into the status of one of the biggest in Poland, he's decided to sell. I'm actually a bit confused because the initial rumours had Zagórski down as a business tycoon, yet now it seems that the club has been taken over by a consortium. Nevertheless, he's pumped quite a lot of money in and if he continues to do so, our development should really accelerate. My aim is to make us the biggest team in Central and Eastern Europe and only use players from our part of the world, just as I've done so far. With a tycoon it would probably be easier to snap up some of the best talent, we'll see what this takeover ends up doing for us.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2030/31 - Unia Janikowo

Board Expectations:

PKO BP Ekstraklasa: Finish in the top three places
Puchar Polski: Semi Final
Superpuchar: Not important
Champions League: Second Qualifying Round

My Expectations:

PKO BP Ekstraklasa: Win it.
Puchar Polski: Not important.
Superpuchar: Not important.
Champions League: Europa League group is the minimum.

Budgets:

Transfer: £4,903,637
Wage: £115,244 (currently spending £54,285)
Balance: £15,262,669

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2030/31 - Unia Janikowo

Friendlies

xMU1E6k.jpg

Not great, not terrible.

Transfers

1FzCeME.jpg

As expected, we lose our two best players.

Bozidar Lausic - he may not have much to offer going forward, but he's a brilliant defensive full back.

Marcin Góralczyk - the big gamble of the window as we pay a huge fee for a 16-year-old. I have a lot of faith in his potential though.

Krzysztof Pawlak - a rotation option for Fijarczyk and Norac-Kevo in midfield.

Bartłomiej Skrzyński - Kokoska's new partner at centre back.

Adrian Skorłutowski - I used to hate this guy when he played for Zagłębie Lubin, now he comes in to replace Demianiuk on the right wing.

Martin Budinsky - the replacement for Banic.

In addition, Kamil Szewczyk and Dawid Kwiatkowski have been promoted from the youth team.

On 25/11/2020 at 23:24, Rikulec said:

they also got their keeper sent off before the 30th minute.

I can't begin to tell you how many seasons I have done without a GK on the bench in different versions of the game without a GK getting either a red injury that requires him to leave the pitch or a red card. It must be..... in the hundreds. 

You had a lovely start to the 2nd season with a great partnership between Kedziora & Zmuda. That's the sort of thing that really gets me invested in a save. 

Kedziora loves a penalty doesn't he! :D

I can't believe that you had a player through the Intake with your surname and didn't check! :eek:

I can't believe Kedziora of all people missed the penalty to win the Cup Final after scoring what seemed hundreds in the previous couple of seasons. 

I can't believe you released Slota Jr on a free! Where's the love Dad? :herman:

You have maxed out Junior Coaching and Youth recruitment. WHat's the club reputation like in comparison to the big Polish clubs? I see that your Youth & Training Facilities are now at excellent, (same as the big boys). Reputation will now be the deciding factor until you get another upgrade Either way it should help the intakes from now on. 

Congrats on the 1st title. Very much deserved. :applause:

New intake arrival Kwiatowski looks decent. What roles do you play up front? 

Brilliant career so far. I've given you a "couple" of likes. :lol: It appears that our likes are no longer limited in the way they used to be. 

Lovely career so far and with the added bonus of a son in the game, (albeit a rubbish one). Need to see you playing in the bigger European competitions now. :thup:

Edited by Jimbokav1971

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I can't begin to tell you how many seasons I have done without a GK on the bench in different versions of the game without a GK getting either a red injury that requires him to leave the pitch or a red card. It must be..... in the hundreds. 

Personally I don't think I've ever seen a goalkeeper get sent off in my years of playing FM, maaaaybe once for two yellows on one of the versions where it was relatively frequent for them to handle the ball outside the box and get booked for it. The game I was talking about in that paragraph was the real life regional cup final. :D

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

4 penalties in 3 games. Is Unia Polish for United? :lol:

It's actually Polish for Union, so close enough. :lol:

18 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

You had a lovely start to the 2nd season with a great partnership between Kedziora & Zmuda. That's the sort of thing that really gets me invested in a save. 

Kedziora loves a penalty doesn't he! :D

I can't believe that you had a player through the Intake with your surname and didn't check! :eek:

I can't believe Kedziora of all people missed the penalty to win the Cup Final after scoring what seemed hundreds in the previous couple of seasons. 

I can't believe you released Slota Jr on a free! Where's the love Dad? :herman:

You have maxed out Junior Coaching and Youth recruitment. WHat's the club reputation like in comparison to the big Polish clubs? I see that your Youth & Training Facilities are now at excellent, (same as the big boys). Reputation will now be the deciding factor until you get another upgrade Either way it should help the intakes from now on. 

Congrats on the 1st title. Very much deserved. :applause:

New intake arrival Kwiatowski looks decent. What roles do you play up front? 

Brilliant career so far. I've given you a "couple" of likes. :lol: It appears that our likes are no longer limited in the way they used to be. 

Lovely career so far and with the added bonus of a son in the game, (albeit a rubbish one). Need to see you playing in the bigger European competitions now. :thup:

36 likes if I'm not mistaken, you've certainly been quite generous. :D

Kędziora was a lovely player to have, even better than last year despite his attributes being significantly nerfed. Żmuda didn't look great on paper, but his pace really made a difference back then. As for initially missing my son, I have to admit that I mostly pay attention to the top of the list and I don't really look at the players who clearly aren't going to make it. We're definitely two different kinds of FM players in that respect. :D We also kept being given a ridiculous amount of penalties up to a certain point thanks to having a few pacey dribblers in the squad and the run at defence instruction, I think that ceased after one of the patches, but I don't remember that too clearly now.

Reputation-wise we're currently the 3rd biggest club in Poland behind Legia and Lech and one of the five 3* clubs (there's also Lechia and Zagłębie Lubin apart from the ones already mentioned).

Regarding Kwiatkowski, he's currently second choice at AMC behind Coric. The roles I use up top are bog standard AM(a) and AF (a) with two wingers on support. I think that AMC is where I'm going to keep him, he lacks the pace I need from a striker in my system, but certainly has the technical ability to play in the hole. His natural fitness is a worry though.

Great to see you've caught up now, I hope you enjoyed the read. :brock: