FM21: Unia Janikowo - This Year Is Our Year

Rikulec

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Bitner said:

Solid, if unespetacular. What you needed really.

Cheers,
BitnerĀ 

Exactly my thoughts. I had to pretty much put a whole new team together and there was always the danger of it not gelling properly or doing so too late, so I'm happy to have comfortably avoided relegation. :thup:

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2024/25 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

Results (Jul-Dec) - Results (Mar-Jul)

Competition Performance: 7th

We exceed all expectations yet again! And once again we did significantly better after the winter break, although this time you could argue that we only struggled in the first 10 games, going nine without a win. After that we became a team who could beat anyone on a good day really. We've made some immense progress, and we're only getting started.

Puchar Polski

Competition Performance: First Round

That was when we were still **** though.

Superpuchar

Competition Performance: Winners

An unexpected, but well deserved victory after a spectacular performances at the champions' home.

Europa Conference League

Competition Performance: Second Qualifying Round

We couldn't reasonably hope to beat FenerbahƧe, yet we gave them a massive scare in the return leg, almost causing a huge upset.

Squad

Even a quick look immediately reveals the most problematic areas. On the other hand, it's a very young squad with heaps of potential. Strengthen a couple of key areas and we should be good to go. We're releasing Goliński, Żmuda, and Babiarz.

Transfers - Finances

Yeah, I did get a bit too carried away. A complete makeover saw us sign no less than fifteen new players, essentially becoming a whole new team. I think it was necessary though, we would have got slaughtered if I had kept the players who won the promotion.

We're still in the black despite all the money spent on transfers, and that's before all the end of season bonuses. We're good here.

Player of the Season

1st - Piotr Leszczyński - a bit of a surprise winner, but a well deserved one. He stood firm and beat Kuzdra to a starting XI spot, developing nicely over the course of the season and providing a reliable threat joining the attack on the right flank, helping us with a goal and seven assists. Hopefully he can get even better!

2nd - Marcin Grabowski - fifteen league goals? Not bad for a 19-year-old's first season in the top flight! He may not be the kind of a pacey striker I'd ideally want for my system, but he's done the job this season and helped us massively throughout the campaign. I'm definitely letting him keep the spot for another year.

3rd - Michał Mościcki - originally I wasn't even going to sign him, but after the scout came back with a full report, I couldn't resist. And I'm glad - the young winger had a really good first season at the club with six goals and six assists to his name. His aerial presence is also something we try to utilise, although his inability to head the ball properly really stings.

Next Season

If we can bring in another solid centre back and a holding midfielder, I can't see why we shouldn't be aiming for another top half finish.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2025/26 - Unia Janikowo

Board Expectations:

PKO BP Ekstraklasa: Fight bravely against relegation
Puchar Polski: Second Round

My Expectations:

PKO BP Ekstraklasa: Top half finish.
Puchar Polski: Not important.

Budgets:

Transfer: Ā£592,572
Wage: Ā£33,440 (currently spending Ā£20,504)
Balance: Ā£725,948

3 hours ago, Toffle said:

Ambition: 19.
Determination: 18.

Nice one. :D

In all seriousness though, we can do it. The squad is mostly up to the required standard and I've also signed a couple of good players where we needed reinforcements the most.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2025/26 - Unia Janikowo

Friendlies

rN2o7Ji.jpg

Perfect.

Transfers

hjV7Axv.jpg

We needed players for specific positions and we brought them in.

Piotr Pękala - okay, we didn't necessarily need another goalkeeper, but he's a much better second option than what we had before.

Jan Kokoska - an absolutely fantastic player for our level, shame it's only a loan!

Martin Nagy - a backup option for Piątek.

Oskar Paprzycki - a well-rounded defensive player who's going to be our starting holding midfielder.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - July 2025 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

ADTPohw.jpg

TPjJyiE.jpg

A frustrating start as we deserved a draw against Lech and then we absolutely battered Śląsk, who scored with their only two shots on target. We're playing well, but we need to start making it count.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - September 2025 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

TqalZxN.jpg

e2jxQCp.jpg

We really shouldn't have dropped points against Warta, especially after storming to an early two-goal lead.

Puchar Polski

XD2ns2n.jpg

I rotated a bit for this game and Stomil caused us some trouble, but we made it through.

A trip to Piast awaits us in the next round.

2 hours ago, Bitner said:

Slow start, but nothing to worry.

Cheers,
Bitner

I think our squad is too good for us to be dragged into a relegation battle. The performances seem to prove that, we just need to be more clinical in front of goal.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - October 2025 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

YGNfPIy.jpg

2UbVXxn.jpg

The results may be a bit misleading, it was the RakĆ³w game that was the most difficult for us and only an 8,2 performance from Fabiszewski kept us in it for quite some time. Who am I to complain after a perfect month though?

Puchar Polski

2UnsuTT.jpg

A disappointing performance and a deserved loss. At least we met the board's expectations.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - December 2025 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

uqfxBRB.jpg

LovvZOn.jpg

Our attempt to repeat an old trick and go all-out attack against Lech failed this time as we got mercilessly picked apart on the counter. Other than that though, two more wins mark another very good month.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - February 2026 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

4CdIQxd.jpg

EDpDDIL.jpg

Our ability to edge out games has been incredibly consistent. A big gap has now opened between the top 4 and the rest of the league, largely thanks to our result against Zagłębie. Is it time to set sight for European qualification?

Transfers

Piotr Pisarek - a no-risk free transfer from Ślęza. I think he could become quite good, his attribute spread looks quite promising.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - March 2026 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

lS00XvT.jpg

fQfkXDT.jpg

Plenty of drama in the last two games, first we got stunned by two early goals from Lechia and did very well to recover and then we came very close to beating Legia for the first time since the beginning of the save, but were denied by a late goal after blowing a golden chance to make it 3:1. I really like the look of that table!

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - April 2026 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

zwGEfLU.jpg

6E9HUCa.jpg

We're now 14 games unbeaten, which is a new club record. And what's even better, we're back in Europe and on course for a 3rd place finish!

Youth Intake

STD1tDU.jpg

We actually did get a decent right back! Given his personality and attributes, I'm quite hopeful for him.

Patryk Żyliński

Edited by Rikulec

1 hour ago, Chrisofclubs said:

Iā€™ve just been able to binge read this. Absolute madness. Congrats on the cup wins. Incredible what youā€™ve managed to do! Canā€™t wait for more Europe action next season and then I guess weā€™ve gotta push for the title!

Ā 

1 hour ago, Toffle said:

You're killing it! Keep going, we want the championship title!

Cheers guys! We're definitely not going to win it this season. Even if we did, by some miracle, nullify a six-point deficit within two games, our head-to-head record against both Lech and Legia isn't favourable. Next year... we'll see!

Edited by Rikulec

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - May 2026 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

J2Q93DF.jpg

K5TzRzQ.jpg

Two convincing wins and two clean sheets to end an amazing season for us. Looking above, the title fight was a proper thriller as Lech fell behind in their final game against Śląsk and won it with an 84th minute goal!

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2025/26 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

Results (Jul-Dec) - Results (Feb-May)

Competition Performance: 3rd

What a season! We got off to a worryingly slow start, but once we did pick up pace, there was no stopping us. The only real blips were the defeats to Legia and Lech in the first half of the season, but on paper they're much bigger clubs than us and such results are always to be expected. Other than that, we're currently unbeaten in 16 league games and still haven't lost in 2026. I've had worse campaigns!

Puchar Polski

Competition Performance: Second Round

We could have done better here.

Squad

We have a very good starting XI, but their replacements are lagging behind in terms of quality. This issue is going to be addressed in the upcoming transfer window. As for the upcoming departures, we're saying goodbye to the early architects of our success: Fabiszewski and Kędziora are leaving the club and so are Szywacz and Kocieniewski.

Transfers - Finances

We actually made a profit thanks to the sale of Orłowski. There were some really good incoming transfers as well: Pękala, Kokoska, and Paprzycki all did their job and Nagy switched on later into the season as well.

A very nice profit thanks to our league finish and giving lots of minutes U-21 players.

Player of the Season

1st - Piotr Pękala - if Leszczyński was a suprise last year, then how do you describe this one? Pękala was brought in as a backup goalkeeper, but then Fabiszewski picked up a slight injury in September and the young lad really impressed between the sticks, keeping three clean sheets in his first three league games. Playing him really improved our defensive play. Who doesn't love a story like this?

2nd - Filip Pleśnierowicz - our #10 had a bit of an underwhelming 24/25 season and the first half of this one wasn't particularly impressive either. And then some switch was flipped and he went on an amazing patch of form, ending up with seven goals and nine assists in the league. We really need a player like him, his creativity has been invaluable.

3rd - Michał Mościcki - another very good campaign from the former Ruch ChorzĆ³w player. This time he actually ended up outscoring Grabowski by one league goal and becoming our top Ekstraklasa scorer. His aerial ability really causes things to happen when we can get a good cross in towards the back post.

Next Season

We need more depth and quality on the bench. With the right transfers we can push for top three again and hopefully make a bit of a run in Europe this time.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2026/27 - Unia Janikowo

Board Expectations:

PKO BP Ekstraklasa: Avoid relegation
Puchar Polski: Third Round
Europa Conference League: Third Qualifying Round

My Expectations:

PKO BP Ekstraklasa: I want Europe again.
Puchar Polski: Do our best.
Europa Conference League: It's going to be extremely difficult to get past Salzburg.

Budgets:

Transfer: Ā£1,402,440
Wage: Ā£35,817 (currently spending Ā£25,104)
Balance: Ā£1,530,442

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2026/27 - Unia Janikowo

Friendlies

tj5NmlM.jpg

We should be beating ŁKS.

Transfers

5GYDjH1.jpg

We improve our squad depth while Słota Jr gets his first proper test.

Jan Kokoska - I have no idea why Slavia let his contract run down, but well, they did. Their loss is our gain!

Marcin Poręba - if we can improve his personality, I think he can grow quite good.

Roland Galcik - unlikely to beat Piątek to a starting XI spot, but he'll get his minutes.

Kornel Kordas - decent competition for our left back Olejnik.

Josko Prtajin - I can see him becoming very, very good.

Filip Raszeja - an interesting player, Mościcki will have to watch out!

Additionally, Patryk Å»yliński and Filip WĆ³jcik have been promoted from the U18 squad.

YQRUcI9.jpg

And we have our first big sale! The offer came out of the blue, I was really surprised to see it, but at our current level there's no rejecting this kind of money. As some may remember, we only brought him in for Ā£55K, so that's great profit. I'm also happy to have included the loan back clause, which means we won't have to worry about replacing him right away.

41RImGE.jpg

And this is where the money is going.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - September 2026 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

M4CLA0k.jpg

TyXIf9h.jpg

Not bad in terms of points return, but we're playing worse than we did last season.

Puchar Polski

Tiw4LAR.jpg

It wasn't without trouble, but a rotated squad did the job.

We'll face Zagłębie Lubin at home in the next round.