Interest Gauge: FM 2009 Succession Game

This thread was made to gauge interest on a Football Manager 2009/8 (if people prefer) Succession game. I have always wanted to hot a sign-up but I really don't have a huge amount of time to run one for a long time, let alone the time many run for. I can host the thread but I may be unable to play the game excessively.

A succession game would be just that. A game where one user plays for a season (or two, you choose :D) and then passes the save onto the next user. It can make for lots and lots of happy special time fun if done right.

I want to know if anyone would be interested in a game like this, and, more importantly, be interested in a spot in the succession timeline. It is first come first served if the game actually goes ahead.

I'd love this game to be perfect for you, not for me, so any suggestions you have feel freee to articulate them!

Guest mikeytwigge

yeah i wasnt saying he couldnt do it just checking to see he knew there was one already going as i thought he might have missed it

I think that it would be good to start a new one BUT that you should split everybody who signs up into like groups of 6, so that you get teh samegame back fairly quickly.

i.e. if 12 people sign up then you split it into 2 groups of 6 and each of them starts a save game.

Could turn it into a sort of competition that way, each group starts with the same settings and the group with the most success after 12 seasons wins, that sorta thing.

I think that it would be good to start a new one BUT that you should split everybody who signs up into like groups of 6, so that you get teh samegame back fairly quickly.

i.e. if 12 people sign up then you split it into 2 groups of 6 and each of them starts a save game.

Could turn it into a sort of competition that way, each group starts with the same settings and the group with the most success after 12 seasons wins, that sorta thing.

The aim is not to start a competition. It is not a game aimed at the enjoyment only of the participants, it is a game aimed at the equal enjoyment of the audience and the participants. Providing a generally comedic atmosphere and making the aim of the game more to tell the story of the Managers career then to do the style of Wallace vs Roberts.

aka Wallace vs Roberts...

If you aren't interested don't post here.

Bububu there must be like a thousand possible concepts you could use for this and as long as you get an interesting original idea and reliable users to take part then I don't see why it should'nt work.:thup:

Guest roberto922

This was the post I was referring to Bubu, I am interested in taking part if it's unique.

Bububu, don't listen to those knocking you bud. Wallace v Roberts is a popular, yet unique sign up. If you make yours just as unique, fresh and interesting as R v W has become, theres no reason you wont get a lot of members. I like the idea of just 1 save, over the 2 in the other thread, because its everyone working towards one goal, rather than 2 sets of forum members cometing.

Perhaps doing it in a different nation to England would be the first step, too. Maybe even creating a club, new name, stadium etc with minimal money and facilities and see where they can take it. :thup:

Archived