Senior vs Youth Training

Most of my u19s are moved to my senior squad so that they can be mentored. These players are also made available for the u19s. Are these players trained by u19 coaches, senior squad coaches, or both?

I'm confused as hell about this anyway.  The different Managers, assMans, GK and Fitness coaches work for all the training sessions across the 3 teams.  The U23 coaches work with the first team

Its only the U18 coaches that don't pull (at least) double duty.
And they all share the same training facilities.

So when all 3 teams are training, exactly where are my 4 GK coaches, when they're all assigned to all 3 teams?  Do they split themselves in 3?

8 hours ago, Gbrexiton said:

Most of my u19s are moved to my senior squad so that they can be mentored. These players are also made available for the u19s. Are these players trained by u19 coaches, senior squad coaches, or both?

If they are in the first team squad, they're training there. You can add players from other squads to first team training units though.

Easy way to check is to look for your players in the training units. That'll confirm where they train.

6 minutes ago, Bothan Spy said:

The mentoring is a joke. Only senior players can mentor players who are in the first team. Surely mentoring means taking young players under your wing? 

It's explained quite well here:

So How Does It Work?

While the old tutoring system was more focused on a fixed set of rules, the new mentoring options are more organic and realistic. This is reflected in game with suggestions via hints and tips. The game gives you much better feedback as to what affects personality adjustments and displays it to the user in a clear manner.

Players need to be training together to mentor one another, as well as spending time together off the training pitch. This means the players need to be in the same squad. You can no longer have a first team player, mentor an U18 player unless they are in the same squad. So you’d either have to demote the senior player or promote the younger player in order to create a unit they both can participate in.

When trying to influence the players the game looks at the following things;

Age of the potential influenced player

Career first team appearances of the potential influenced player

Difference in the club hierarchy between the two players

Social group standing between the two players (i.e how compatible they are)

There isn't a specific age limit on mentoring. Age works in the same way as the other factors, they will impact how likely the player is to be influenced at that time.

If a player fills the criteria above, the more likely the influenced player is to have their personality skewed towards that of the mentoring player. If the player who is being mentored doesn’t fulfill any of the criteria at all, then there's no chance of a personality adjustment occurring. If there is a chance of a personality adjustment occurring then this chance is further boosted if they're in the same mentoring group and training unit. 

1 minute ago, Bothan Spy said:

I agree with all that, it just seems daft that only U23s and U18s can mentor players in their own squad.

You can't agree with the quote and then say it's daft when the quote explains why players need to be in the same squad.

Players need to be training together to mentor one another, as well as spending time together off the training pitch. This means the players need to be in the same squad. 

3 hours ago, Bothan Spy said:

U23s and U18s can mentor players in their own squad

Is this the case? Can I in theory use other squad players within that squad to mentor plays, and if so how effective is it in practice?

52 minutes ago, IbrahimAliMaher said:

Is this the case? Can I in theory use other squad players within that squad to mentor plays, and if so how effective is it in practice?

I never used it but I guess it isn't paricularly effective because usually no one has "significant" influence.

22 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

You can't agree with the quote and then say it's daft when the quote explains why players need to be in the same squad.

I much preferred the old system where you could designate a specific older player irrespective of what squad he was in to look after a younger one. It just felt more personal rather than lumping a group of senior players together. And I dare say, would have better results.

Surely the grouping together of older players would promote cliques and division in your squad IRL?

Just my opinion.