League Swap Guide '09

Dave Fairbairn

Slovakia works for me...? I have my East German League running there...my guess would be you don't have enough clubs in the Slovak Lower Division or too many teams in one of them maybe...cause Early August is the first draw for the Slovak Cup...

I tried a league swap between Cyprus and Slovakia but the Slovakian teams still play in the Cup. Did that not happen for you?

Ah ha! I swapped the leagues around for Brazil and Russia, changing the Brazilian first division to Continent:Europe and Country:Russia and made Russian Premier a Country:Brazil and Continent:S America. It worked and the brazilian teams could qualify for the UEFA Champions League and the Russians qualify for the Copa Libertadores. Right... now to use the Brazilian championship to create a USSR league with the State championships as individual soviet leagues, see you in a few months everyone!

G.T.

Just a head's up on the Champions League with edited databases. If you put a non-European country (like I have with the USA) into a European league (like I have with England) you will slowly experience a problem with your coefficients and start to lose Champions League places. In my case there is no way for any English teams to make it into European competition so after the 08/09 season they no longer are getting any coefficients. After the second season of all English teams having a 0.000 coefficient England dropped to only having 2 ECC spots and 4 EC spots. Eventually the English league will drop far enough down so that they only get 1 ECC spot and 3 EC spots even if the American teams playing in it won every tourney.

Did u guys do like Dave said? I tried to swap Vietnam with England, then Belgium but none worked :confused:

Ahhh I did it differently and got all my leagues working so far except the swap into slovakia (Though it may be a Catalan teams problem)

All I did was swap the teams into a league (Any League) and made sure I used the Competitions Page Swap button, then I renamed the nation to what I wanted it called, renamed the leagues and then swapped all the cities and players over.

Best way to move the cities and players is to move them to an empty country first eg U.S.S.R. and then move the other lot in and perform the switch that way.

Just a head's up on the Champions League with edited databases. If you put a non-European country (like I have with the USA) into a European league (like I have with England) you will slowly experience a problem with your coefficients and start to lose Champions League places. In my case there is no way for any English teams to make it into European competition so after the 08/09 season they no longer are getting any coefficients. After the second season of all English teams having a 0.000 coefficient England dropped to only having 2 ECC spots and 4 EC spots. Eventually the English league will drop far enough down so that they only get 1 ECC spot and 3 EC spots even if the American teams playing in it won every tourney.

If you used my method mentioned in the above post the problem disappears as the country is still actually England...just renamed...

If you used my method mentioned in the above post the problem disappears as the country is still actually England...just renamed...

Don't know if that will actually work with the USA but I'll give it a try. The US stuff is difficult because of the strange way it is coded so it doesn't act like normal countries do (mainly in regards to youth development).

• 1 month later...

i cant get this to work. Its really stupid that i used a lot of time to do it on the old way before before i did understand that it wouldnt work.

I have swapt all the teams from Luxemburg leagues to Israel leagues, but the Israel league is still there and the lux is not.

Does anyone know how many clubs I can remove from Greek Lower League and Greek Regional League and still be able to run the Greek League? I ask because I want to edit the Greek teams into a new nation and don't want all the Lower League and Regional League clubs.... I tried reducing the Greek Lower League to 18 clubs, but that didn't work.... Heeeelp?!?!

Does anyone know how many clubs I can remove from Greek Lower League and Greek Regional League and still be able to run the Greek League? I ask because I want to edit the Greek teams into a new nation and don't want all the Lower League and Regional League clubs.... I tried reducing the Greek Lower League to 18 clubs, but that didn't work.... Heeeelp?!?!

You can't remove any club. But you don't need to edit every club. If you edit until next tier below the last tier you are playing you'll be fine, since only these clubs will be promoted onto your game.

Thanks Alexandre. However, the Greek clubs in the lower divisions appear in the cup so I wanted to get rid of as many as possible and then replace the remainders with new clubs.

Do avoid that problem... swap as many teams as you can out of the Lower Leagues, preferably the clubs with the higher reputation as they are the ones selected for the cups..

I swapped about 25 all up just in case

And for anyone who might know..

Is there anyway to get a continental championship to work if your playing in different continental formatted competition

i.e - I have swapped MLS with Poland but (from what I believe) because of the different season start/end to the rest of the American competitons, it crashes.

I'm wanting to find a way to put the american clubs in the American Continental Championship.

Thankful for any help

Guys me and my friend would like to do a Estonian League with 2-3 leagues in it . With what league could we swap without any errors ? My friend tried it with Slovenia i think and when he started the game the fixtures part was empty .

• 3 months later...

Archived