Pressing from goalkicks Broken

2 hours ago, XaW said:

Well, they are doing what you told them?

Unrealistic input = unrealistic output.

Seems like youve lost me.

I see teams press the short goal kick every week

So how is pressing the short goal kick unrealistic?

But lets say I am wrong, why don't you "its your tactics mob" ever actually explain your remarks, Instead you drop comments that people with grievances don't understand. 

When i input prevent short goal kicks i expect

the STs to push onto the CBs

the wingers to mark the FBs

the cms or  cmds to push up on the cms

the FBs to mark the wingers

How is that unrealistic? If you see it sooooo clearly please explain.

Edited by jere_d

'Prevent Short GK Distribution' in the TC doesn't necessarily mean all the things you ask of it, or expect.

So much is contextual, what PIs do the the players doing the pressing have? What role or duty do they have?

What is the work rate, determination, decision etc

Does 'Prevent Short GK Distribution' actually mean 'press the centre halves and mark the FBs'?

Your strikers look to be close to  the CBs, you wider players look to be in the passing line to the FBs which would make it more difficult for the GK to throw to them, and puts them in a position to attack in numbers should they intercept. (Do you have Counter-Attack selected as well? If so, it looks like you are pretty nicely set up to intercept or win the short ball and counter in numbers)

The TI to PSGKD  is simply an instruction to your whole team to make it as difficult as possible for the opposition GK to throw it, or short kick, to his nearby teammates.

7 hours ago, jere_d said:

Seems like youve lost me.

I see teams press the short goal kick every week

So how is pressing the short goal kick unrealistic?

But lets say I am wrong, why don't you "its your tactics mob" ever actually explain your remarks, Instead you drop comments that people with grievances don't understand. 

When i input prevent short goal kicks i expect

the STs to push onto the CBs

the wingers to mark the FBs

the cms or  cmds to push up on the cms

the FBs to mark the wingers

How is that unrealistic? If you see it sooooo clearly please explain.

You said you had 2 strikers and 2 wingers man mark the central defenders. If you set up like that they will try to do so, but doing so will leave others free, since you have set up 4 players to press 2 (3 with the goalkeeper). Why not let the strikers do that and leave the winger to press the fullbacks? At least your central midfielders will stay central, even if they might be down a man.

You even said so yourself, you want the wingers to mark the fullbacks, so why do you set them up to mark the central defenders?

12 hours ago, jere_d said:

got my stikers and wingers marking the center backs

4 players marking 2 man

then fullbacks and cm/cdm marking the wingers leaving the cms and fullbacks unmarked.

How is this nonsense justified?

20200315202951_1.jpg

I think worst in this is how cm's leave center so open. Whats your defending width and cm roles in this situation? I'm guessing your ml/aml mr/amr are attack role?

But anyway its better make bug post that it can be fixed in the future. Posting here doesnt really help.

Edited by Pasonen

25 minutes ago, Pasonen said:

I think worst in this is how cm's leave center so open. Whats your defending width and cm roles in this situation? I'm guessing your ml/aml mr/amr are attack role?

But anyway its better make bug post that it can be fixed in the future. Posting here doesnt really help.

It's not a bug, it's his tactics. He's playing a 4-4-2 with his wingers+Strikers man marking CB's leaving his two CM's to mark 5 players (3 central and two full backs)

I think people have misunderstood the OP. I don't think he has set up to have the wingers man mark the CB's as well as the forwards doing it. i think he is describing what they are doing when he sets prevent short GK Distribution, and instead questioning why the wingers aren't marking the full backs etc. 

12 hours ago, XaW said:

You said you had 2 strikers and 2 wingers man mark the central defenders. If you set up like that they will try to do so, but doing so will leave others free, since you have set up 4 players to press 2 (3 with the goalkeeper). Why not let the strikers do that and leave the winger to press the fullbacks? At least your central midfielders will stay central, even if they might be down a man.

You even said so yourself, you want the wingers to mark the fullbacks, so why do you set them up to mark the central defenders?

No i'm explaining whats happening during the press why would I make a thread about players marking who I've asked them to mark :rolleyes:

No one has any marking PIs this is all from prevent short goal kicks

4 hours ago, Jonthedon26 said:

I think people have misunderstood the OP. I don't think he has set up to have the wingers man mark the CB's as well as the forwards doing it. i think he is describing what they are doing when he sets prevent short GK Distribution, and instead questioning why the wingers aren't marking the full backs etc. 

Thank you

Maybe I wasn't clear but its just common sense.

I'm describing what's happening in the screenshot 

11 hours ago, Pasonen said:

Will do.

11 hours ago, jere_d said:

No i'm explaining whats happening during the press why would I make a thread about players marking who I've asked them to mark :rolleyes:

No one has any marking PIs this is all from prevent short goal kicks

Ah, ok, then I misunderstood you. My understanding of your first post was that you had manually set strikers and wingers to mark DC's and then the rest happened. You'd be surprised what I've seen people complain about in here! ;)

I think I'd report this in the bugs section though, since only SI can see the reason for this press. Please add the .pkm from the match. Then they can perhaps fix it for FM21!

18 minutes ago, XaW said:

Ah, ok, then I misunderstood you. My understanding of your first post was that you had manually set strikers and wingers to mark DC's and then the rest happened. You'd be surprised what I've seen people complain about in here! ;)

I think I'd report this in the bugs section though, since only SI can see the reason for this press. Please add the .pkm from the match. Then they can perhaps fix it for FM21!

kk ill find the match and save it