How to get more from my left winger

Hi, can anyone help me? I'm on Wolfsburg. And things is going well. My team is first on Bundesliga, has good defense and ofensive players. But there this thing bothering me. My AML doesn't score goals. He has just five goals this season(my team is the second best offensive team in Bundesliga) and in previous season his rating was only 6.46, very bad. He's improving. I used to play him as IF-S but since when i started to put him as IW-s, he has participated more in construction of plays, (however with not much assists) but still not scoring. And when my backup IF replaces in, he's also struggling to score goals. The backup guy is very promising and he's playing very bad this season. So, i'm finding this lack of goals from both left wingers in my team may be happening due a tatical issue and that's why i'm here. Can anyone help?  Am i doing something wrong? Any feedbacks are apreciated :) My tactical idea: I seek a balance between a counter team with a control team. A team able to play in both styles when i need.

Sem título.png

You are 1st in the Bundesliga with Wolsfburg - not Bayern - and instead of being delighted, you are complaining just because one of your players is not scoring as many goals or getting as high ratings as you would like ??? 

So you are willing to potentially ruin a tactic that works and produces great results for you only to suit a single player. I really cannot understand that.

But anyway... If you are really willing to risk, you can try this: 

DLFsu

IFat                                   IWsu

MEZsu   DLPsu

HB/DMde

WBsu    CDde   CDde    FBat

SKde

However, if this ruins your results, don't blame me!

Actually I just want try an option in case the actual plan doesn't work anymore. I know, I'm probably complaining for nothing, but I want to fit everyone well on team.

About your thoughts, I tried some of what you said, the combination DLF-su and IF-A, but also doesn't work so well.  Actually I use that in certain situations, but pairing a F9 and IF-A. Is there some difference if I pair the FB-su on right side and WB-su on left?

And I can't change right side, because the AMR only as winger and the WB isn't very technical.

Anyway, thanks for tips :)

15 minutes ago, AdrM56 said:

Actually I use that in certain situations, but pairing a F9 and IF-A

Even better. But the problem is that you cannot assign roles to players on a random basis. You need to have a suitable player for each role.

17 minutes ago, AdrM56 said:

And I can't change right side, because the AMR only as winger

How do you mean "the AMR only as winger" ??? 

1 hour ago, Experienced Defender said:

How do you mean "the AMR only as winger" ??? 

I forgot to put play on this sentence haha

He plays only as winger

1 hour ago, Experienced Defender said:

Even better. But the problem is that you cannot assign roles to players on a random basis. You need to have a suitable player for each role.

I will send the attributes of the players I use in these roles, but I think they can work in some occasions.

The guy I use as F9 aren't the ideal player for that, but he has decent attributes. As the IF, he is a good option and totally fit with the function.

7 hours ago, AdrM56 said:

Hi, can anyone help me? I'm on Wolfsburg. And things is going well. My team is first on Bundesliga, has good defense and ofensive players. But there this thing bothering me. My AML doesn't score goals. He has just five goals this season(my team is the second best offensive team in Bundesliga) and in previous season his rating was only 6.46, very bad. He's improving. I used to play him as IF-S but since when i started to put him as IW-s, he has participated more in construction of plays, (however with not much assists) but still not scoring. And when my backup IF replaces in, he's also struggling to score goals. The backup guy is very promising and he's playing very bad this season. So, i'm finding this lack of goals from both left wingers in my team may be happening due a tatical issue and that's why i'm here. Can anyone help?  Am i doing something wrong? Any feedbacks are apreciated :) My tactical idea: I seek a balance between a counter team with a control team. A team able to play in both styles when i need.

Sem título.png

I will also agree with @Experienced Defender in why change if its working? but ok I can add my thoughts based on my own situation.

I use a Winger- A on the left and Inside forward-S on the right but I think the key is having the F9 as he creates the space. 

• My winger scored 12 goals last season with 8 assists, 20 + the season before
  • My inside forward scored 13 and had 12 assists, I cant remember the year before but it was similar
  • My F9 scored 48 goals last season
  • My WBs/FBs are my chief players for assists and this is also what I want.
  • Sometimes I remove my DM position and play F9 on the left of a front 2 with an Advanced Forward, in this scenario then the AF then becomes the main goal threat and the F9 is again making space for him.

I think you need to work out from who and where your want to score goals? I want my F9 to score, I want my winger to help him score and the Inside Forward is my 2nd attacking option. I also set up my middle players to get the ball to these 3 players, thats their sole purpose on the field.

I would suspect your Mezalla is fighting with the IW on the left for the ball and space? I also assume you want him (and he does score a few goals?) 

I will also assume Daramy is right footed? he will need to be playing IW on the left and then Martin is also right footed? hes playing as right winger so should be.. You can try and reverse them and see what happens? Remember the IW he cuts diagonally inside, hes not a traditional winger, hes basically the same as the inside forward.

Edited by Kingofcm03

10 hours ago, Kingofcm03 said:

I would suspect your Mezalla is fighting with the IW on the left for the ball and space? I also assume you want him (and he does score a few goals?) 

Yeah, this happen. But the guy on Mezzala is one of best players of team and he's playing very well on this role. I tried Zattini as box-to-box(he's a natural B2B), but doesn't work out.

I don't wanna sacrifice my tactic to make the AML play superb. As I said above, I just want to figure out why he(and other players in that role) doesn't play well.

10 hours ago, Kingofcm03 said:

You can try and reverse them and see what happens? Remember the IW he cuts diagonally inside, hes not a traditional winger, hes basically the same as the inside forward

I can try that, is something I've never done with this players. Tactical options is always good, since no tactic works forever, and that is what I looking for with this post. 

I play a similar tactic and my left wing makes a lot of assists and got high ratings. Players and roles as follows:

AFa

IFs                    Wa

MEZsu   DLPsu

DMd

FBa CDd CDd FBs

SKd

Balanced mentality with following TI: WBIB / counter, distribute to FB, throw it long / lower LOE, tighter marking

You're 1st in the Bundesliga on April 30th with Wolfsburg...Don't change anything until summer! 

That out of the way...

Based on your setup, I really want both your wingers to be left footed, so you can flip them. IW on the right, Winger on the left, because I think that fits better with your midfield and FBs, but given that isn't an option...

Can you flip the Mezzela and DLP? Ability wise, would it make sense to make the LB the more aggressive of the two?

I have the same concern as some previous posters, with your Mezzela and IW getting in each other's way. 

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 02:53, Kingofcm03 said:

I will also agree with @Experienced Defender in why change if its working? but ok I can add my thoughts based on my own situation.

I use a Winger- A on the left and Inside forward-S on the right but I think the key is having the F9 as he creates the space. 

• My winger scored 12 goals last season with 8 assists, 20 + the season before
  • My inside forward scored 13 and had 12 assists, I cant remember the year before but it was similar
  • My F9 scored 48 goals last season
  • My WBs/FBs are my chief players for assists and this is also what I want.
  • Sometimes I remove my DM position and play F9 on the left of a front 2 with an Advanced Forward, in this scenario then the AF then becomes the main goal threat and the F9 is again making space for him.

I think you need to work out from who and where your want to score goals? I want my F9 to score, I want my winger to help him score and the Inside Forward is my 2nd attacking option. I also set up my middle players to get the ball to these 3 players, thats their sole purpose on the field.

I will also assume Daramy is right footed? he will need to be playing IW on the left and then Martin is also right footed? hes playing as right winger so should be.. You can try and reverse them and see what happens? Remember the IW he cuts diagonally inside, hes not a traditional winger, hes basically the same as the inside forward.

Just interested in how you set your 3 man midfield up? Also what team instructions are used?

8 hours ago, permanentquandary said:

Switch the DLP with the Mezzala.

I can't do that, because Bernabé, starter in this role, likes to play on left and has a poor right foot. I started to put him as CM-Su with all instructions of a Mezzala. He's acceptable on this role, but my team gets worse after these changes, so i got back to way it was.

4 hours ago, XuluBak said:

Can you flip the Mezzela and DLP? Ability wise, would it make sense to make the LB the more aggressive of the two?

I tried make Zagré more agressive in season after that on print, and doesn't work. Doesn't changed much my offense and made my defense more vunerable, so i gave up this. 

As i thought, and that was the reason i made this post in first place, the tactic stopped work as in season of print. In my three years as manager of Wolfsburg, i always played on this way. I knew i'm gonna need to change in some point, And the only thing im my team that i could improve is my left side, especially my left winger. I tried many suggestions you guys made here, thanks for that, but my team was in a bad form and I ended up changing everything. I created a positive 4-2-3-1 that's working really fine this season (I reached semis on Champions and i'm on first again in league, i didn't finish season yet) 

On 07/02/2020 at 03:27, AdrM56 said:

I forgot to put play on this sentence haha

He plays only as winger

If a player can play as a winger, he can almost certainly play on the opposite flank as an IF or IW. I actually make sure my players train so they can play on both sides. It adds a lot of squad depth at wide positions.

4 hours ago, Kingofcm03 said:

When I posted this it was on the old match engine, so its not relevant anymore to be honest but it was 

DLP-S - CM-A

DM-D

Why would it not be relevant because the match engine was updated.

I have used some variation of this trio for about 5 years with success. You have to get the right roles and duties around these players, but this is a sound way to set up a midfield.

3 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

If a player can play as a winger, he can almost certainly play on the opposite flank as an IF or IW. I actually make sure my players train so they can play on both sides. It adds a lot of squad depth at wide positions.

Why would it not be relevant because the match engine was updated.

I have used some variation of this trio for about 5 years with success. You have to get the right roles and duties around these players, but this is a sound way to set up a midfield.

Because I changed my entire system to better fit the new engine, it was ideal before because it matched the front 3 and their roles. I now use IWBs and a Regista but yes it's a good solid trio to have

8 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

I like this too, but my winger was WC, I wouldn't change him. But now Chelsea bought him, so I have to choose another guy, probably one more versatile