If you still have activation issues (non phone) look here...

Wonder if anyone can help. Brought the game a few days ago and im still yet to activate it. I was having what looks like a common problem, of the SoftAnchor activation screen saying it was unable to connect. I have tried a number of different ways suggested on other threads to solve the problem but still no success. I downloaded FM09 fix and used the launcher. Despite saying the activation was succesful and telling me to launch the game it continues to ask me to activate via the SoftAnchor screen. Also tried deleting the cetificates and re-installing but still no joy.

Can anyone advise me because i don't intend to waste another 20minutes of my time on hold when phoning SEGA customer services, many thanks.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wonder if anyone can help. Brought the game a few days ago and im still yet to activate it. I was having what looks like a common problem, of the SoftAnchor activation screen saying it was unable to connect. I have tried a number of different ways suggested on other threads to solve the problem but still no success. I downloaded FM09 fix and used the launcher. Despite saying the activation was succesful and telling me to launch the game it continues to ask me to activate via the SoftAnchor screen. Also tried deleting the cetificates and re-installing but still no joy.

Can anyone advise me because i don't intend to waste another 20minutes of my time on hold when phoning SEGA customer services, many thanks.

I have the same issue!

I installed FM09 and had issues activating the game and only could do it by activating by phone as it said couldn't access the internet. Silly me thought that after it was activated once i would not have to do again but guss what when i loaded up the next day i had to re activate the game!

I tried downloading the fix patch and no errors came up but when i tried to load the game and activate the game it says that the unlock key is already active and to purchase a new one from sigames.

Hi I'm received FM09 for Christmas and installed it on the same day and it worked perfectly and i played it on boxing day and it worked but the day after i launched the game (i install it on via steam) soft anchor ask for the key code typed the code in and it keeps on saying

"We were unable to process your unlock request. To receive a new key, please visit:http//www.sigames.com

Error:[-821"] Can anymore help please that would be great Thanks

Sammy boy:rolleyes:

can't activate game " the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002) click on OK to terminate the application " can sombody help please i just want to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am having the same problem, did you get it resolved??????

What does Response.txt have to say exactly?

I've been trying to get my game back installed since my hard drive crashed on me. :(

This is how I got my game installed when I bought it but now it's not working.

Any help?

I did that but Runme.exe won't run my computer is there another way
What does Response.txt have to say exactly?

I've been trying to get my game back installed since my hard drive crashed on me. :(

This is how I got my game installed when I bought it but now it's not working.

Any help?

Sorry to sound thick but how do i do this?

The link for Customer Services is in this post:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=81852

You should all contact them.

Guest pearsonification

Having the same problems as daveydavey and jata

anyone help????????

its been 16/17 days now and i have hunted out my receipt to take it back to gamestation.

Almost lost patience.

Having the same problems as daveydavey and jata

anyone help????????

its been 16/17 days now and i have hunted out my receipt to take it back to gamestation.

Almost lost patience.

Contact Customer Services if you can't get the game activated any other way. Link above.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Guest pearsonification

cheers matt

i sent them a message (ticket)

do u have any idea how long this process would take for me to get a reply?

I have had the issue on vista x64 with RunMe.exe not working. The issue is with the program running on the 64 bit version of the .Net framework. The program has should have been compiled as 32 bit only.

I have successfully modified the app to force it to run on the correct framework version, and the file save and load works correctly, and it is possible to then activate the game.

To 'Matt - SEGA' - email me for more details of how to fix the file and why it doesn't work, or for the fixed version (not sure if it's ok to post a modified copy of the program)

To anyone on xp/vista x64 having issues, PM me.

Football manager 2009

i have installed my game on steam and tried all the methods that are on the forum but whenever i put my product code in i keep getting this same error [-821] "we were unable to process your activation request"

this is not the first time it has occured, the same thing happened on a previous game so i bought a new game and it still does the same, i don't know if it is my computer but it is brand new, i have a windows vista laptop.

any possible solutions to this problem??????

thank you so much mate.

i have another problem though,

when i load up the game as its coming up with the word loading in different languages just as

its about to finish it goes off football manager and dissapears.

and then it says not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of last_game_saved.xml

is there anyway of fixing this?

thanks.

Hi there im looking for help! ive been playing the game for months now but had to do a system recovery on my comp due to a virus ive added steam agian and re installed fm09 click on my games it goes to launch but just vanishes into the bottom task bar? is this due to a firewall or something i can turn off as my norton anti virus has restarted? If you can please help i am missing fm09 lol pm or reply to this please!! Many Thanks

A question: I bought the game several months ago, and it was installed on my computer. That computer's HDDs are broken now, so I have bought 2 new HDDs, not the same model.

Will that activate the game again, at install? Can I deactivate the previous activation?

Thanks, and sorry for my poor english :p

A question: I bought the game several months ago, and it was installed on my computer. That computer's HDDs are broken now, so I have bought 2 new HDDs, not the same model.

Will that activate the game again, at install? Can I deactivate the previous activation?

Thanks, and sorry for my poor english :p

Deactivation URL

This is how you can deactivate your license from your old machine. If you have problems with it than there are other options within that thread for resolving the issues.

I am currently having problems loading my fm2009 game, it always comes up with the message saying si activator stopped working, with the following error messages, i have downloaded the fix3 programme as well as the 9.0.2 patch

roblem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: fm.exe

Application Version: 9.2.0.30301

Application Timestamp: 494a4b55

Fault Module Name: fm.exe

Fault Module Version: 9.2.0.30301

Fault Module Timestamp: 494a4b55

Exception Offset: 00f27d8c

Exception Code: c000000d

Exception Data: 00000000

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: a1c6

Additional Information 2: 481da21a7a0013167df884268e77557e

Additional Information 3: 1717

Additional Information 4: d69e0d1957922a92347d0af32bc0a4de

Read our privacy statement:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

I am currently having problems loading my fm2009 game, it always comes up with the message saying si activator stopped working, with the following error messages, i have downloaded the fix3 programme as well as the 9.0.2 patch

roblem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: fm.exe

Application Version: 9.2.0.30301

Application Timestamp: 494a4b55

Fault Module Name: fm.exe

Fault Module Version: 9.2.0.30301

Fault Module Timestamp: 494a4b55

Exception Offset: 00f27d8c

Exception Code: c000000d

Exception Data: 00000000

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: a1c6

Additional Information 2: 481da21a7a0013167df884268e77557e

Additional Information 3: 1717

Additional Information 4: d69e0d1957922a92347d0af32bc0a4de

Read our privacy statement:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

I've been getting that myself today, never had this problem before and it's looking like I can't activate it at all.

Just to clarify, I cleaned out my laptop (in the same way that I have done before loads of times - I use a saved image of my hard disk), and so I had to reinstall FM2009. I've always used Uniloc, and both via normal activation and trying the activation fix, the activation crashes. The normal method comes up with with an error in fm.exe (patched to 9.2.0), and the activation fix shows an error in activator.dll.

This is the first time this has happened to me, and I can only think that there's something wrong with Uniloc, as with the normal activation method, it seems to just about to go through, and then stops and shows the error.

SuzieMUFC, you tried activating it with Steam or over the phone?

Alternatively have you tried a clean reinstall of FM?

I completely forgot about Steam, I'll try that, thanks. :thup:

Also, I checked the deactivation site and there's a seat taken from several weeks ago on my account (I always uninstall FM09 before I do clean my laptop out), and I tried to deactivate it but it said "Unable to deactivate". So it's looking like there is a problem with Uniloc. Could be why the seat stayed active, perhaps the licence didn't deactivate when I uninstalled it?

I completely forgot about Steam, I'll try that, thanks. :thup:

Also, I checked the deactivation site and there's a seat taken from several weeks ago on my account (I always uninstall FM09 before I do clean my laptop out), and I tried to deactivate it but it said "Unable to deactivate". So it's looking like there is a problem with Uniloc. Could be why the seat stayed active, perhaps the licence didn't deactivate when I uninstalled it?

It does sound like a problem with Uniloc. Have you tried contacting Sega or SI to get your seat back?

Anyway hopefully steam solves the problem. Let me know if it does. :thup:

It does sound like a problem with Uniloc. Have you tried contacting Sega or SI to get your seat back?

Anyway hopefully steam solves the problem. Let me know if it does. :thup:

Yup, Steam's working. I'll get in touch with SI/Sega about the Uniloc problem.

Spoke too soon.

Went through the activation process on Steam, then I go to run the game and it still crashes, this time showing an error with activator.exe. So it still won't activate, and therefore I can't play it. Not since buying the game in November have I had any trouble with it.

I sincerely hope that SI rethink the whole activation plan in future.

Yeah I saw your post in the known issues thread. Have you done a clean reinstall like I suggested over there?

Yeah, each time it's a clean reinstall because I fully clean my laptop out (I have a saved hard disk image), update Direct X and Windows Update. This has never been a problem for me before. I have a feeling it's because of the "un-deactivateable" seat that's causing a conflict. Trying to find an email for SI or Sega at the moment.

Just wondering, as I never created hard disk images or anything but doesn't that save all your settings so won't regsitry entries from FM in the past be in that? I am clutching at straws though.

No, I saved it from a fresh Windows XP install, so it's like getting a new computer.

what a f u c k i n g ******** system, frustration is incredible. why dont nothing work as it should these days. sort it out SI this is disgusting, i should not have to spend 3 hours to try and sort out some ***** activation when ive paid 35 notes for the game.

i cant even be ar sed to type out everything ive been through and im just gonna ring up customer services tomorrow. just wanted to call you all ******* as it makes me feel better

im off to download a crack copy, least ill be ablet o play the ***** game

what a f u c k i n g ******** system, frustration is incredible. why dont nothing work as it should these days. sort it out SI this is disgusting, i should not have to spend 3 hours to try and sort out some ***** activation when ive paid 35 notes for the game.

i cant even be ar sed to type out everything ive been through and im just gonna ring up customer services tomorrow. just wanted to call you all ******* as it makes me feel better

im off to download a crack copy, least ill be ablet o play the ***** game

There was really no need for that.

There was really no need for that.

someone had to say it, it is a complete joke, the game hasnt asked for a cd key since day one, i just reinstalled and now i get all this shiiite, i know what im doing on computers im not no noob. i have never come across something so broken and stupid, even the phone activation you have to give 8 16 digit kets then wait for the automated services to repeat them all for it to tell you on the 7th one its not right. i got an xp install to, managed to get the runme shiiite to work, and then it says its already in use and i have to purchase another key.

this is the first flame ive ever done on any forum and im normally a very mild mannered guy. but this really got to me for some reason

Fair enough you are frustrated but if you had posted what has gone wrong people on here might have been able to help you get it sorted but the rant you posted does nothing good and will almost certainly just get you banned.

Fair enough you are frustrated but if you had posted what has gone wrong people on here might have been able to help you get it sorted but the rant you posted does nothing good and will almost certainly just get you banned.

aye im expecting a ban after that comment for sure, but ive read all thorugh the forums tried everything and im now at the point where you get told to call customer services.

ill just have to create another account on another internet connection to access these forums.

seriously tho this is the worst case of activation on any software that ive come across since windows 3.1. we deserve a lot better than this.

checked the deactivation shiite and i only have 1 computer there registered.

the main reason im angry is im gagging to carry on my network game with a m8 online. but this system needs aboloshing asap. setup by complete nubkins

me crack download is nearly finished, ive paid for the game so seems fair to me, lot quicker than waiting for customer services where someone has already stated will be on hold for at least 20 minutes again, which is kind of ironic beacuse this is suppose to be protection against such practices.

now im someone who knows what there doing on a pc, hate to think of all the people that are not very computer savvy. they must of been to hell and back over a game. my rant is on behalf of all those dudes to

You have just shown the number one "benefit" from using DRM rather than a regular copy protection - Loyal customers are driven towards piracy. Unfortunately you will not find a single marketing person on earth that will ever realize or admit that.

To them there's only one logical outcome of using DRM: More protection => less piracy => more games sold. Good luck trying to convince them about the actual reality.

Luckily I knew enough about DRM from the beginning and simply didn't even buy the game.

Sadly your previous comment will almost certainly get you banned, but at least now you know why some of use will never buy a DRM protected game.

Oh and just to make it clear, I'm not one of the loyal customers that were driven to piracy, as I'm just still enjoying my FM08.

Don't trip over yourselves with possible courses of action...

Again, I think the point should be made that activation, Product keys and all this bollocks should be dropped by developers of games as really, if we are to be brutally honest, it does absolutely nothing to prevent people pirating the game. I mean absolutely nothing! The only people it affects are the people who forked out their hard earned cash to play this guy, and it's just a giant middle finger to us all. From the activation issues to the possibility of losing the key and redering people unable to play, this is just rediculous. Treat your consumers with some respect!

For Product keys though, you should probably print them on the disc next time, and on the case, and on the manual, then this sort of thing can't happen. You should also drop this activation bollocks all together.

Hello,i bought FM2009 today 4/2/09,however i can't get it to work,i followed your advice about getting a activator/launcher then submitted the registration number however i then got a message after clicking on the shortcut that "fm.exehas encountered a a problem and needs to close,sorry for inconveniance,i then tried getting a patch but when i clicked on the link it said page not found,please could you help me out,please bare in mind i'm a computer novice so i'll need full step by step help,many thanks hope you can help.

Archived