If you still have activation issues (non phone) look here...

I bought Football manager 2009 from Steam yesterday. The game has downloaded fully but when I attempt to launch the game this error appears:

could not use database location 'C:/program files/sports interactive/football manager 2009/dataupdates/update-910/db/910'-reverting to the default location.

If I click ok to allow this,the game starts to launch and loads up until the war child music screen.The screen then goes blank and nothing happens. I have installed & uninstalled it three times now.

I also got my product key from steam. When I try to activate the product it tells me that my brand new key is invalid!!!!?????

On further inspection I opened up my C:/ drive and can only find a steam folder. There is usually a sports interactive file where everything is stored.This is the usual folder but it seem all my info is in the c:/program files/steam folder.

I'm very dissapointed with the hassle I have had with this download after spending £30 and will be demanding a full refund if this is not fixed soon.

Anybody else had this problem? What is the next step? I mailed steam but they dont even seem to reply. Also I have downloaded and installed the patch. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:thdn:

ive had the game 2 weeks and still have not been able to play it, ive demanded my money back from steam and they have said they dont do refunds, and to have a look in there t+c

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have COMODO FIREWALL :

I downloaded via Steam, was having All the same activation errors as above. I had tried all the fixes, and nothing. I had closed my Comodo program down but was still having problems. I realised on the Windows Firewall warning that Comodo was still running, which was strange.

I loaded Comodo, right clicked on the system tray, and selected Disabled for Firewall, and Security. I ran the program again and it is working now.

Just an afterthought.

I also have Avast anti-virus, i stopped all protection before stopping the firewall. I tried this both on my XP Pro PC and my Vista Laptop.. it worked both time.

Should I just start bumping this thread?

i posted in the thread, PMed the two members that were giving assistance (jmordetsky and muzchap), emailed to errors@uniloc.com, and still, nobody had the decency to say anything...patience is running out on this side...not all of us are computer experts, some of us just actually want to play a good game!!! can somebody help me please?

here's what happened:

downloaded fixv3 from the link above (i assume its the latest version and the name hasnt been changed for practicality reasons), installed, ran it, put in the correct license after i verified i had all the characters right, and when i click "save file" i get an error box coming up saying:

Form1

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect

[details] [continue] [quit]

if i click [continue], it closes that box and does nothing else, doesnt create the "request.txt" file as it should!!

did anybody else have this issue?

Should I just start bumping this thread?

i posted in the thread, PMed the two members that were giving assistance (jmordetsky and muzchap), emailed to errors@uniloc.com, and still, nobody had the decency to say anything...patience is running out on this side...not all of us are computer experts, some of us just actually want to play a good game!!! can somebody help me please?

here's what happened:

downloaded fixv3 from the link above (i assume its the latest version and the name hasnt been changed for practicality reasons), installed, ran it, put in the correct license after i verified i had all the characters right, and when i click "save file" i get an error box coming up saying:

Form1

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

if i click [continue], it closes that box and does nothing else, doesnt create the "request.txt" file as it should!!

did anybody else have this issue?

woopwoop!!!

got it running, just retried the activation and it worked second time around!!!

and now, off to total domination with...uhhh....i dont know, the smallest team i can find!!! suggestions?

btw, thanks everyone for your help, even the ones that didnt help me directly, your posts were much appreciated!!

I registered game on steam and install. Than i click Launch game, but this dont do nothing. What should i do?

Check if you can run the game by going to C:/Program Data/Steam/steamapps/common/football manager 2009/ and double clicking on "fm.exe"

My game crashed mid-game, and now tells me that my TRIAL has expired.

The online activation doesn't work as my key is already registered, and I used the program above and it's also broken:

(I bought the game from Steam and this is definitely the last Football Manager with 'online activation' I will buy, I just lost about two hours of gameplay and I'm real angry about this). I now have an unplayable game.

ee the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

at FileActivator.saDLL.InitSA()

at FileActivator.Form1.btnSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3069 (QFE.050727-3000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

FileActivator

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/apenney/Desktop/RunMe.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

i have a problem i installed through steam and registered it on there.

now everytime i try and load the game it says trail expired asking me for the code which i paste from steam and it says already registered.

well of course it is i registered it.

will this updates reading above fix this ??

i keep being told my product key is invalid.

i have recieved error [-1003].

the only solution i have been given for this is to visit http://keycheck.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

i enter my code into this, and this also states its invalid.

iv tryed different combinations of 'O' and '0' and '1' and 'I' without success.

it almost seems that the product code printed on my manual simply doesnt exist.

i need help fast, iv wasted the last 4 hours going round in circles trying to solve the problem.

any thoughts?

hi guys, i am completely grateful for all the help everyone is giving in this thread, but i am at a loose end, my first problem was an error message i was getting, so i cam on here and it showed me wot to do, i did it all extracted the folder into where it should be but i still got the same message, i also cant activate the game because i cant connect to the internet or something, so i had a look on here again, and dwnloaded the fixv3 or something like that, the message came up saying it had been successful, but it still asking me for the product key..which i cant activate because it says im offline, i don't know what to do??? any help would be gratefully appreciated,

o yes... that post helps matt, i have to now register so i can send someone an email regarding the game that you lot have messed up? this is getting beyond a joke, iv had the game 3 weeks and i cant play it.

the thing is when i uninstall the game and install the game it works, but has no patch so theres no point. but then also appears with an error message saying if i uninstall it, it might hel[, but doesnt

hi, after 5 days trying to fix my activation problem and after I tried several times this tutorial, yesterday I finally get the activation and even play some games, but then, while I was playing it appeared an error and fm closed and when I tried to play again he asked me again for the activation!

I tought the error caused it, so I did the tutorial again but now it appears the error -1004 (the same that appeared before I get the activation)

can you help me?

Sorry my english

Is there a customer help line i can call to discuss the problems i am having activating game.....?

The code i have been supplied is invalid when i check it, steam shuts down when being installed and the online activation keeps saying unable to connnect or invalid code.

I have gone through all fixes...no joy

Any ideas????

Still getting error-819 - and no one has an answer for me - I have tried you guys for 3 weeks - I have spoken with Uniloc no response nor and communication - this is a joke and now I have spoken with Play.com and now they will not refund me WHat do I do??

under the Sales of Goods Act 1979 you are fully entitled to a refund as the game is not 'fit for purpose'. After all the game does not work.............

I am going to take the game back to the shop i brought it from and demand a refund, i suggest you do the same if you're not happy. Any further problems contact consumer advice help line or watchdog because this is a joke...

Hope this helps, i have a feeling this p ost will be deleted by the admin team of this blog...

Hi,

As per posts in other threads - if you're really struggling, you need to contact Customer Support

http://help.sega.com/?group=englishuk&t=EnglishUK

Let me know if you have any further issues.

Cheers

Matt

As previously posted - please register your issue here. If they guys don't get back to you quick enough, PM me your ticket number and details, and I'll have someone call you back...

Cheers

Matt

Bought the game yesterday and I can't activate it, I've followed the guidelines downloaded the stuff etc. but that hasn't worked and the http://keycheck.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ doesn't even work for me. I am bemused at the fact that 0 and O's look exactly the same, did it not occur to someone that this might provide confusion and instead added a line through the 0 like most others do in order to distinguish it? I have 4 of them and haven't been able to find the right combination thus far but I still feel it is very unnecessary to be doing this.

Step 1 and Step 3 gives me a message saying an "Unhandled exception has occured" and that "An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format." + a more detailed account explaining what I need to do. I followed the directions and I have the required .net frameworks installed, have jitDebugging activated on my machine.config yet I get errors when I use the fixv3(or v8). So it doesn't let me create a request or load the file. Running Vista if that's helpful, any help?

Hi everybody,

i am so disapointed...i thought that by now all the issues would be solved, but im still having a nightmare!! After all I went through to install the game, now i cant activate! is it because im on xp 64-bit?

here's what happened:

Form1

and if i click the details it shows:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mscorlib

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1820 (QFE.050727-1800)

CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

FileActivator

CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/fixv3/RunMe.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

</configuration>

does this happen to anyone else? can someone help me? pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssssseeeeeeee?????

thank you!!!

hi im having the exactly problem has him pls help me im so desespered plssssssssss help pls

hi im having the exactly problem has him pls help me im so desespered plssssssssss help pls
Hi everybody,

i am so disapointed...i thought that by now all the issues would be solved, but im still having a nightmare!! After all I went through to install the game, now i cant activate! is it because im on xp 64-bit?

here's what happened:

Form1

and if i click the details it shows:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

mscorlib

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1820 (QFE.050727-1800)

CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

FileActivator

CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/fixv3/RunMe.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

</configuration>

does this happen to anyone else? can someone help me? pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssssseeeeeeee?????

thank you!!!

can someone help me too ?

My game crashed mid-game, and now tells me that my TRIAL has expired.

The online activation doesn't work as my key is already registered, and I used the program above and it's also broken:

(I bought the game from Steam and this is definitely the last Football Manager with 'online activation' I will buy, I just lost about two hours of gameplay and I'm real angry about this). I now have an unplayable game.

ee the end of this message for details on invoking

mscorlib

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

FileActivator

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/apenney/Desktop/RunMe.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

</configuration>

can someone help me too ?

I have the same problem and as far as i know is because the Vista 64 Bits, can anyone help us (or give one version to run in vista 64 bits)?

thanks

Stupid to even have activation problems, who cares if people pirated the game 3 days before real one come out, let them have their Joy, i couldn't care less, im paying for a good money that's reliable and a fantastic game, although this year i can't even get on, and not understanding computers hugely, it's hard to follow the step by step guide.

getting error code -709 bit of a joke this is realli, should come up on watchdog or sumthing the amount of probs ppl are haveing. u shud put the game in install and play. not spend days trying to get it installed and still not get chance to play.

anyways rant over got error code -709 any1 help?

been running the game (fm09 9.2)no problems on my pc, but just trying to load on to laptop, and having problems.laptop is vista, got loaded up through steam ok, and patch up but then when I start the game I get an error straight away, saying

"did not find font resource/ font/verabd. it then gives a serious error message and a dump to c drive, which I cant read. Do i need to find this veradb font and install ? is that all it is ?

Guest pEnTaGrAm_15

I bought the game from Steam. I want to check my seats on DeActivation screen but it isn't work for me. I always take same error. It says Unable to lookup devices.

I want a solution for Unable to lookup devices error!

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could help me? I installed Fm2009 last night and managed to play it twice.

Each time I go to launch the game through Steam I am asked for CD key which I have entered. I then get a message stating that my code is already in use and to contact si games for a new one. I don't seem to get any error codes and I have tried the fix versions I could find on the forum.

Now I cannot access Fm at all.

Any ideas...

Archived