[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

We have had a complete breakdown 

finishedot.jpg.f952a09354df5572ad95ce50487dcd1a.jpg

Having come back from winter break beating Fiorentina and going on a run we have inexplicably collapsed for no reason

It could be to with the fact we had a cluster of games within very short period of time against really strong opposition and its both tired us out physically and put us right out of our groove, we look nervy right now not in control and we don't look like scoring, Zaniolo has been a disgrace after all that fuss and Man Utd declaring he was their number 1 target we received not a single bid for him and now he's playing like he doesn't want to be here

Dortmot.jpg.0388ac2fdb26267bc44037a777cc459f.jpg

Just to show an example at home to Dortmund full strength and they walked all over us the scoreline was flattering Rui Patricio stopped it from being 4 or 5.

teblot.jpg.40fd79803c9226fa40e891253a7bc6ea.jpg

I am not writing our chances off just yet but we need to spark in to life quickly or we will drop like a stone

Edited by Uncle_mo

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the race again

We have a a favourable run of games that couldn't of come at a better time for us, and even though we have won 6 on the bounce, i can't say we have looked amazing in any of them

fixtuesot.jpg.6bdeffee14a939853be4014176b59e83.jpg

Maybe i am being a bit harsh but we don't look like champions in my opinion we have had to grind out every game but we are beating whats in front of us so i can't complain too much

secchot.jpg.790f902af07db854e1c17672362306c5.jpg

The way we set up depends on the formation of our opponents and we have had a string on 352's which plays well in to our hands, between our amazing wing backs and playing Scamacca with a partner up front  we are at our most dangerous, but there is a chink in our armour, defensively we have the best record in the league but the left of the 3 center backs is Kimbulla who is naturally a right sided and he has made a few glaring errors which will be punished by better sides

seondot.jpg.1e3ec60fb60c9b812001809c37e64d88.jpg

In our latest game he made awful mistake to allowed Sampdoria to equalize in 68th minute, thankfully we showed some character which has been lacking lately when James went straight up the other end less than a minute later and lashed in a vicious winner from outside the box. We then looked to have imploded 2 minutes after that when Pellegrini got a red for an off the ball offence, fair play to us though we managed to hold on for the win.

Big week coming up now with Lazio and Inter back to back away, if we can win just one of those then we can start entertaining thoughts of the Scudetto 

The Inter match comes 3 days after we are due to play them in the Coppa Italia which we are basically eliminated from already so we may have the chance to play a second string and hope they go full strength in the cup so we may be able to conjure a slight advantage.

Jean Clair Todibo is getting better by the week, looks so elegant on the ball and can create chances fro deep

Edited by Uncle_mo

One hand on the title --

Juvedroppot.jpg.dfbef1ff5d3dadc923ecc59c1f61a16e.jpg

derbyot.jpg.385a90b85b25b2c8dfaad28f110c72da.jpg

Juventus dropped points going into the derby which eased a hell of a lot of tension

fantastic derby it was the whole game was 100m/p end to end for 90 minute, both teams had shots cleared off the line and goal mouth scrambles it was incredibly nervy. James Rodriguez has been excellent the last few weeks and he played a key part in the qualizer, a nice one two and then played it across for Scamacca to tap in. 

It's been a strange season as nobody has stood out as clear front runners it has changed hand from week to week but with Juventus and Fiorentina dropping points plus our Draw Inter have now snuck in to third place with a game in hand over us meaning our math against them has become a must not lose game.

So we played Inter in Coppa second leg with 0-3 aggregate so i put reserves in and threw the game. now we were going to the San Siro needing a performence.

My pre match plan was to go with the cautious 451 and soak up the pressure until half time and then on about the hour mark hopefully they will be tiring and i can bring on James in the 10 role and smash and grab them,

Things did not go exactly as planned

intewot.jpg.1f1c46666c64544dda5edf80ccbc89bd.jpg

Intert.jpg.f6db24502402ebdf1d2ca0c50a471bde.jpg

We played the best football under pressure i have seen since i started, we totally blew them away in the first half and even Zaniolo decided it was time he made himself useful. I mean truthfully it wasn't complete dominence but given the occasion we rose to challenge took our chances when they came.

Hlodzic was class he made his goal out of nothing we are different team without him

Leadint.jpg.611098df43aa69fee321e1f405530bd3.jpg

Our remaining 4 games

fixxt.jpg.d9b8a3673432b9cf02a337941e523119.jpg

INTERS Run in

INTRFIXThot.jpg.ccceaf1bc7adb37a3c782ece8fcbd475.jpg

Juventus Run inJuvet.jpg.f3fc229563bd129af39d6366a8c40eeb.jpg

Edited by Uncle_mo

I think i found out why Fiorentina are doing so well

Fiornet.jpg.5137e743995e7617cc708f3c7cacfc78.jpg

We have a 3 point cushion on Sencond place Fiorentina so a loss won't kill us particularly as they play Juventus on the last day, but a win here for us would be a huge leap towards winning the league we would have to totally bottle it from there on

Heartbreak in Rome-

Roma have missed out on winning the championship on the final day of the season beating pipped to the post by a ruthless Fiorentina

FNALhot.jpg.e64744b7d3d47a83a651683b594d2015.jpg

Having been beaten by Fiorentina and then only drawing against Sassuolo Roma went into the final game needing a win, a draw in the Juventus/Fiorentina game and Inter to fail to win at Atalanta.

Roma did their part by racing into a 3-0 lead and Atalanta were also 3-0 up at half time, all that was needed was a draw at Juve and with Fiorentina 2-1 up going into the final 10 minutes we were praying for  a goal. 

Fair play to Fiorentina i am glad they won it over Juve and Inter but we have blown a massive chance this season in typical Roma fashion, big decisions will need to be made this summer as i didn't like the weak attitude going into the business end. Also i feel let down by my assistant manager, whenever i gave him media duty's he **** his pants and made the team nervous, i need someone next to me with balls next season and i know exactly who i am going to get.

In the end very disappointing but we never really deserved to win it and when we do i want it to be emphatic without any doubt just like in 00-01

That Sassoulo game will haunt me 

SfKcS7c.png

Bologna 1909

Was inspired by @KlaaZ and @Uncle_mo Italian save so I decided to start a save with Bologna. And I am using a tactic that I had amazing success with Anderlecht, and wow, somehow doing well in the league. Spent most of the time recruitment on backroom staff and scouts. Also fired my U's18 manager as his attributes was appalling so I bought Ivica Vastic, who I used with my Anderlecht save, U's 18 are currently sitting top in their league :cool:

5b4312e27bcb4bee49b49c411ea2d7e6.png

e528c99c74f0e6f32e1efdd44591b019.png

September was a hell for us :(  Dušan Vlahović, scored all 5 goals against me :( Only played one game in February so far, with a 1-0 win over Roma at home. Was also approached by Roma, after they sacked Mourinho, before Xmas. Attended interview but they went for Joachim Löw, in the end.

Tactic

d2584783d1664a25b9e51f8ba5d2fcaf.png

Transfers

cfb4323bec8ed1a64bac73ed105bb6e1.png

Not made any signings til I signed players above for January transfer window. Most of the signings are for back up. Probably paid over the top for Sesko. Sold few players like Gary Medel.

Hoping to finish the season tonight :thup:

Edited by john1

Does anyone notices that you always tends to concede alot of last minute goal? Just lost 2-1 to Inter, with Alexis Sanchez, took advantage of Sesko's mistake to score the winner :(

1 hour ago, john1 said:

SfKcS7c.png

Bologna 1909

Was inspired by @KlaaZ and @Uncle_mo Italian save so I decided to start a save with Bologna. And I am using a tactic that I had amazing success with Anderlecht, and wow, somehow doing well in the league. Spent most of the time recruitment on backroom staff and scouts. Also fired my U's18 manager as his attributes was appalling so I bought Ivica Vastic, who I used with my Anderlecht save, U's 18 are currently sitting top in their league :cool:

5b4312e27bcb4bee49b49c411ea2d7e6.png

e528c99c74f0e6f32e1efdd44591b019.png

September was a hell for us :(  Dušan Vlahović, scored all 5 goals against me :( Only played one game in February so far, with a 1-0 win over Roma at home. Was also approached by Roma, after they sacked Mourinho, before Xmas. Attended interview but they went for Joachim Löw, in the end.

Tactic

d2584783d1664a25b9e51f8ba5d2fcaf.png

Transfers

cfb4323bec8ed1a64bac73ed105bb6e1.png

Not made any signings til I signed players above for January transfer window. Most of the signings are for back up. Probably paid over the top for Sesko. Sold few players like Gary Medel.

Hoping to finish the season tonight :thup:

Sesko's great though, and that's an amazing first season with Bologna. :) if you can, pick up Anderson from Lazio if he's released, or Araujo from Benfica (I think). 

27 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Sesko's great though, and that's an amazing first season with Bologna. :) if you can, pick up Anderson from Lazio if he's released, or Araujo from Benfica (I think). 

Currently got 2 goals in 3 but finding it hard to dislodge Marko Arnautović, who got 22 goals in 23 games so far.

Felipe Anderson? He just signed new contract with Lazio. I will take a look at Araujo now :thup:

Will be looking to signing young players to replace over 30 years old players.

13 hours ago, john1 said:

Currently got 2 goals in 3 but finding it hard to dislodge Marko Arnautović, who got 22 goals in 23 games so far.

Felipe Anderson? He just signed new contract with Lazio. I will take a look at Araujo now :thup:

Funny that i had Sesko signed sealed and delivered but i pulled out at the last second For Esposito instead because he wanted less wages and is a better back up for Scammaca whereas that Sesko looks like he has to be the main guy, looks a hell of a player.

They got a few english in the squad Bologna don't they? they look like they have been playing FM in real life snapping up all the wonderkids

14 hours ago, john1 said:

Does anyone notices that you always tends to concede alot of last minute goal? Just lost 2-1 to Inter, with Alexis Sanchez, took advantage of Sesko's mistake to score the winner :(

Yes,, a lot!

I used to drop the line back for the last 5 minutes and give them a focus shout but FM isn't having that this year

On 27/06/2022 at 19:45, john1 said:

André Anderson, Brazilian/Italian midfielder. Did great for me!

Also keep an eye on Lucca from Pisa, he tends to become available at a knockoff price after one or two years and is an amazing all round striker.

On 28/06/2022 at 07:58, Uncle_mo said:

Funny that i had Sesko signed sealed and delivered but i pulled out at the last second For Esposito instead because he wanted less wages and is a better back up for Scammaca whereas that Sesko looks like he has to be the main guy, looks a hell of a player.

They got a few english in the squad Bologna don't they? they look like they have been playing FM in real life snapping up all the wonderkids

Only signed him as he was only one I can afford :lol:

Only English player in the squad is Luis Binks. Got few good youth players like Wisdom Amey and Aaron Hickey.

On 28/06/2022 at 08:00, Uncle_mo said:

Yes,, a lot!

I used to drop the line back for the last 5 minutes and give them a focus shout but FM isn't having that this year

I use instant results on FM :lol:

3 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

André Anderson, Brazilian/Italian midfielder. Did great for me!

Also keep an eye on Lucca from Pisa, he tends to become available at a knockoff price after one or two years and is an amazing all round striker.

Ahh, will look at him now.

Do tends to get fed up of signing same player on every save :(

ebd08872d81ca068b999fb95396a732d.png

:brock:

17264d5108761bdc8f5cf43bd7437d30.png

After beating Spezia, qualified for Champions League, definitely peaked too soon :(

55d972823e7844516c227c28e9452ad0.png

**** poor ffs. However, signed Anel Ahmedhodžić, for 6M for next season.

a58ac28cecb6d673ecc9cca6358fcbd4.png

However our finances is absolutely shocking :(:(

Edited by john1

ccac953c712abe1f640a456c2004b4d1.png

bd3d688555ddc42b2e2d9998ddae5a2e.png

What a season for Bologna :cool:  Already made few signings for next season, especially in defence. Even tho we only conceded 34 goals. Will be looking to bring in AMC, MC, RB and LB.

Will also be looking to improve the backroom staff across the clubs, mostly will look at U's18 staff.

58 minutes ago, john1 said:

ccac953c712abe1f640a456c2004b4d1.png

bd3d688555ddc42b2e2d9998ddae5a2e.png

What a season for Bologna :cool:  Already made few signings for next season, especially in defence. Even tho we only conceded 34 goals. Will be looking to bring in AMC, MC, RB and LB.

Will also be looking to improve the backroom staff across the clubs, mostly will look at U's18 staff.

That's an impressive season. Well done on Anel btw, should be world class! 

How's Orsolini doing for you?

@john1 well done on a great season! I've never signed either of them, but Ahmedhodzic and Sesko look like great players and certainly a lot of potential resale in the years to come if the bigger teams come in!

How's Wisdom Amey developing? Has he played much? 

Also, would you be able to post the selection info for your squad please? I'm really tempted to have a game as Bologna.

Pre Season- 2023

reterneest.jpg.1ecd01fabeed44b613feb05383b2a746.jpg

A few called up for Under 21 World Cup

under21sot.jpg.40b706e5a4140ce4ddd0d3ca9d69c85a.jpg

A new number 2-

derossiot.jpg.d1e649009b0e0ef86766bf3f474bcbc1.jpg

A few Big out's- 

KESSIESLot.jpg.bb7b3921c629dac892e97bce5201fca7.jpg

I can't speak highly enough of Kessie, during all of the time when other first teamers were pushing for moves or asking for silly wage increases he has never said a word and just got on with it for a season and a half and been a consistently great performer for us. however i felt that the offer was too good to turn down given our outlay for Verratti and this money can help us to rebuild the squad.

Marash Kimbulla and Adam Hlodzek are also on way out of the club, Kimbulla was starting to look like a squad player and he asked for a transfer because i refused a big pay rise so i have let him go to Bayern for 26m

Adam Hlodzek similarly to Kessie has been a great kid never once moaning or kicking up a fuss when big clubs have come in and been rejected by us. And like Kessie £37m was too good to turn down given what we paid for both of them we have turned a huge profit, I also have one eye on the returning Malewski who has shown great improvement out on loan and also Gnotto who could be star of the future.

In- 

Ousmaneot.jpg.2780a0e582530c4d2b12391fc39ef321.jpg

This is a very risky signing given how my whole philosophy coming in was bringing through our own and signing value for money good attitude players, I always like to try and complete a good deal where we are getting a  discount and given Dembele was demending 350k p/w and Barca wanted 40m at the start of the window i managed to wait it out a little for his price to drop and magaged to get Barca to pay part of his wages so we have some one rated as an elite player on fair wages similiarly to Verratti so he will either be a flop or he could win us the league time will tell.

Carnescot.jpg.61605c95bd153e5bed514fb95dd8e8d3.jpg

Rui Patricio is in the final year and he is starting to get on in age so we need to start grooming his successor.

deadlineot.jpg.25fba9809de45ccbaa6ebd819f334106.jpg

Nicolo Rovella has also come in with Liucien Aagoume with the Kessie money and we have sadly let Bove leave the club for a paltry 1m pound.  i feel a a bit dirty about this one letting one of our babies go and bringing in an obvious FM signing but he is turning 22 soon and just didn't show any improvement last year and he is a mile off getting in our first team. Ii will keep tabs on him at Salernitana and you never know i would gladly re sign him in a year or two if he show me wrongzaniolostaysot.jpg.4ccdcd12b3a995b97f80215e04e840cc.jpg

Nobody came in with a sufficient bid so he has dropped his attitude hopefully

Zaesigert.jpg

A random center back i found, perfect squad player with great mental attributes, Jean-Clair and Mancini are our nailed on pairing now so this guy is a nice cheap back up.

Edited by Uncle_mo

9 minutes ago, Uncle_mo said:

Pre Season- 2023

reterneest.jpg.1ecd01fabeed44b613feb05383b2a746.jpg

A few called up for Under 21 World Cup

under21sot.jpg.40b706e5a4140ce4ddd0d3ca9d69c85a.jpg

A new number 2-

derossiot.jpg.d1e649009b0e0ef86766bf3f474bcbc1.jpg

A few Big out's- 

KESSIESLot.jpg.bb7b3921c629dac892e97bce5201fca7.jpg

I can't speak highly enough of Kessie, during all of the time when other first teamers were pushing for moves or asking for silly wage increases he has never said a word and just got on with it for a season and a half and been a consistently great performer for us. however i felt that the offer was too good to turn down given our outlay for Verratti and this money can help us to rebuild the squad.

Marash Kimbulla and Adam Hlodzek are also on way out of the club, Kimbulla was starting to look like a squad player and he asked for a transfer because i refused a big pay rise so i have let him go to Bayern for 26m

Adam Hlodzek similarly to Kessie has been a great kid never once moaning or kicking up a fuss when big clubs have come in and been rejected by us. And like Kessie £37m was too good to turn down given what we paid for both of them we have turned a huge profit, I also have one eye on the returning Malewski who has shown great improvement out on loan and also Gnotto who could be star of the future.

In- 

Ousmaneot.jpg.2780a0e582530c4d2b12391fc39ef321.jpg

This is a very risky signing given how my whole philosophy coming in was bringing through our own and signing value for money good attitude players, I always like to try and complete a good deal where we are getting a  discount and given Dembele was demending 350k p/w and Barca wanted 40m at the start of the window i managed to wait it out a little for his price to drop and magaged to get Barca to pay part of his wages so we have some one rated as an elite player on fair wages similiarly to Verratti so he will either be a flop or he could win us the league time will tell.

Carnescot.jpg.61605c95bd153e5bed514fb95dd8e8d3.jpg

Rui Patricio is in the final year and he is starting to get on in age so we need to start grooming his successor.

deadlineot.jpg.25fba9809de45ccbaa6ebd819f334106.jpg

Nicolo Rovella has also come in with Liucien Aagoume with the Kessie money and we have sadly let Bove leave the club for a paltry 1m pound.  i feel a a bit dirty about this one letting one of our babies go and bringing in an obvious FM signing but he just didn't show any improvement last year and he is a mile off getting in our first team. Ii will keep tabs on him at Salernitana and you never know i would gladly re sign him in a year or two if he show me wrongzaniolostaysot.jpg.4ccdcd12b3a995b97f80215e04e840cc.jpg

Nobody came in with a sufficient bid so he has dropped his attitude hopefully

Zaesigert.jpg

Great work on Carnesecchi and Rovella, they both turn into amazing players.

18 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Great work on Carnesecchi and Rovella, they both turn into amazing players.

I know that's why i feel dirty, they are clearly going to be top class and i prefer to try and find someone off the radar, but i couldn't see anyone i really liked and he was wasting away on Milan's bench so i kind of justify it, plus we paid top whack for him so i haven't nicked him cheap at start of the game

34 minutes ago, Uncle_mo said:

I know that's why i feel dirty, they are clearly going to be top class and i prefer to try and find someone off the radar, but i couldn't see anyone i really liked and he was wasting away on Milan's bench so i kind of justify it, plus we paid top whack for him so i haven't nicked him cheap at start of the game

I actually think you got Rovella on the cheap, he went to Liverpool for 80M in 2024 in my game. :D And I had to pay almost 30M to grab Carnesecchi from Napoli.

The new recruits are going well in Europe

rangersot.jpg.701b808b5c7cc0fe6406d357ceac3827.jpg

rangerst.jpg.91c7ab4fd09520379cb2e72b3b372514.jpg

I have taken the chance and rotated the squad for The Champions league and the new recruits are showing plenty of promise

check out this pass from deep from Rovela

Rovelpassot.jpg.b9d7ba2e87c6602e22a8f5f701b50425.jpg

ROVPASt.jpg.61479c8170269648b871f9a2b927edd2.jpg

ROVPASot.jpg.92f1b452449dc4e6400a91cd31aaeb11.jpg

On 29/06/2022 at 21:02, KlaaZ said:

That's an impressive season. Well done on Anel btw, should be world class! 

How's Orsolini doing for you?

He had a amazing season, dont have FM loaded up, I think he scored 17 goals and 18 assists I believe. He was wanted by Man Utd and Liverpool during the season and now Spurs and Man Utd are after him :rolleyes:

On 30/06/2022 at 09:53, FMbeginner said:

@john1 well done on a great season! I've never signed either of them, but Ahmedhodzic and Sesko look like great players and certainly a lot of potential resale in the years to come if the bigger teams come in!

Also, would you be able to post the selection info for your squad please? I'm really tempted to have a game as Bologna.

He's done well for U's18, I played him one game this season and got a goal on his debut, hoping to play him bit more next season

44 minutes ago, john1 said:

He had a amazing season, dont have FM loaded up, I think he scored 17 goals and 18 assists I believe. He was wanted by Man Utd and Liverpool during the season and now Spurs and Man Utd are after him :rolleyes:

Good to hear. It's odd how he performs so well, does the same for me. Underrated player!

On 30/06/2022 at 09:53, FMbeginner said:

2c84f625a8d5b18c21ce686a9014f6bf.png

d08382911f22752d778e638487919b7f.png

6 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

Good to hear. It's odd how he performs so well, does the same for me. Underrated player!

684b1938349a0e0aadf84a1a96c1ee73.png

Somehow he missed out on Nation League ffs.

On 04/07/2022 at 16:10, john1 said:

Got few decent young players there :cool: Volpato, developing nicely there.

I will reach a cross roads at the end of the season, 2 and a half years in now second place with Inter winning every game and hard to keep up with, I have just sold Zalewski to Leeds and he along with Bove were a part of the Originals i had high hopes for.

I think this summer if we go another year without winning anything i am going to offload all the high earners and next season just stick the lot of them in and see how we go.

I miss Hlozek and Kessie sometimes having all that Money causes more problems because i have brought in more players who have got in the way of the younger ones developments. Rovella is amazing but i wish i had perservered with Bove now for one more season.

Still on FMT21 myself and just started a new gamed with Parma. Looking to build in a couple of years an all-Italian squad which can again compete for Europe.

If I survive long enough for something noteworthy to happen, I might throw an ocasional update around here. I just hope I survive until my Crociati jersey I just bought is being delivered... :)

6588bdbdede68633e31941972c7573b9.png

Had a busy summer and most of key players were wanted by top clubs :rolleyes:

Decided to cash in on Marko, as he had a year left and now 33 years old. Sesko, is on fire, 6 goals in last 5 games already.

Spent quite alot on improving our defence, especially with Ahmedodzic, Kristiansen and Khellven. Got Volpato, on loan from Roma, after @Uncle_modevelopment with him. Also signing him on permanently for 3.9M.

66cce47bcec1f0ebd789808c5dfd4319.png

Might have taken a huge risk on him, was looking through my scout report and came across him.

On 06/07/2022 at 18:43, Uncle_mo said:

Does anyone on here have any old facepacks like around the 2014 era?

I have a craving to reunite Totti with Cassano and get the old band back together and win what they should have won

Will be difficult to find it that far back :( Maybe you could try cut out facepacks by Sortitoutsi.

2 hours ago, john1 said:

Will be difficult to find it that far back :( Maybe you could try cut out facepacks by Sortitoutsi.

I know it's a bummer they are listed but out of the 10 packs i was only able to get the nine add-ons but not the main one so its handy if i fancy doing the Chilean second division.

TBH i think going back always seems greater in mind than the reality of crapper match engines and players either you know turn out great or who are great in game but you know turned out awful

On 07/07/2022 at 20:15, john1 said:

6588bdbdede68633e31941972c7573b9.png

Some good deals done there. I had to leave my bologna save after season 1 we somehow won the league and I just felt like it couldn't go on.  Orsolini was unreal on mine as seen below.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

On 09/07/2022 at 16:11, WilsonJuve said:

Some good deals done there. I had to leave my bologna save after season 1 we somehow won the league and I just felt like it couldn't go on.  Orsolini was unreal on mine as seen below.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Looks decent there just frustrating that he doesn't get called up despite having a decent season.

58 minutes ago, john1 said:

Looks decent there just frustrating that he doesn't get called up despite having a decent season.

He is in the national team but just on the bench he has been included in all squads since mid season. But yeah with them stats a few starts here and there should definitely be included.

1 hour ago, WilsonJuve said:

He is in the national team but just on the bench he has been included in all squads since mid season. But yeah with them stats a few starts here and there should definitely be included.

Definitely, he just struggle to get picked ahead of Chiesa, even Chiesa, only scored 9 goals and 6 assits in 39 games for Juve, last season. :rolleyes:

Edited by john1