Preferred moves (finishing) and what attributes?

Hey guys.

I'm picking up this game again after maybe 3 years not playing it, and I would like to ask about PPM when it comes to finishing.

I remember that I always trait my players to place their shots when they had good finishing, composure and technique.

But I also remember I learned some players to "blast the ball into the net" with great success. (Don't remember what attributes they had, maybe if they did lack the ones in 'placing shots', but not shure).

So, wich attributes should be high to make certain finising PPMs efficient? :)

Cheers!

I find that the higher the attributes, the more intelligent players are at using them. I find that save for a few PPMs, most world class players are fine without them. Finishing is basically nothing but accuracy in front of the goal, so telling a player with high Finishing to place his shots is redundant: he's already good at it, so granted he doesn't have other attributes that hold him back, he'll do fine. So on so forth for most PPMs/Traits in my opinion.

I’ve only ever seen this work for me once on FM17.

Had a striker that was good but had a lot of shots that went tamely to the goalie so got him to learn shoots with power.

He would then receive the ball to feet, touch it onto his left and then blast the ball past the goalie on a regular basis. One of the best newgens I’ve ever had.

RIP Willie Hinklemann 

I'm afraid not and I don't have the save anymore.

I do remember thinking as I watched him almost pass the ball to the goalie, I wish he would shoot with power. Remembered traits and got it sorted.

It didn't really link that attributes would link with traits.

Ah ok.

Grifty it is linked.

If a player have very good attributes on everything, then of course it doesn't matter so much because the player is so good so it can do whatever it wants.

But 13-14 on technique, finishing and composure together is enough to create a top goal scorer in premier league if using 'placing shots' and make sure that player comes to good situations a lot (to make sure how to get in to those situations then other attributes matters related to the teams playing style, maybe speed + off the ball if you use counter attack, maybe balance + dribbling + agility if you play against low teams).

But I dunno about 'blast the ball to the net'. I've done it before but can't remember what kind of players that benefits from it. Could it be physical players maybe?

Actually, I just realised that coaches gives you feedback on this (wasn't like that when I played last time).

For example, i tried to stop one of my players from 'blasting the ball to the back of the net' and my coach said it wasn't good because:

"It's a trait that suits players for whom technique is not a strenght, which is not the case with him".

So technique is obliouvlsy good for blasting the ball into the back of the net.

Then just for fun I tried to remove 'placing shots' from a player that I just learned placing shots. And the coach says it's not a good idea because "he is a good finisher".

Then maybe lack of composure could be something that would benefit 'blasting the ball into the net' if the player is a good finisher + ´technique' but lack composure. Im not sure att all about this.

I am gonna look more into this and answer my own topic for those who is interested :D

3 hours ago, Skrtl said:

I found this guide, gives answer to everything.

https://www.guidetofm.com/players/traits

Yeah, it's great but still missing something. it contains list of attributes which should be good, but some traits can be learned if player has some bad attributes as well. For example, "Tries First Time Shots" requires player to have poor dribbling (or at least so says a coach if you ask his opinion).

It is good when you see them come off. I have a right winger with 17 dribbling and 17 pace and taught him “knocks ball past opponent” and now he actually does it in game.

Gets me all excited!

Archived