STEAM activation and sales tonight

I appreciate what you are saying, people selling the game early has caused unfairness in the whole situation. But if we let people buy from STEAM now, what about the people that preordered and haven't received their copy in the post because the retailer has held to the release date?

Well, to be fair it is not like you can call those retailers and tell them to deliver before midnight. The awkwardness here is because you can activate physical copies of the game through Steam, but you can't play if you have bought the game through Steam. If you are aiming at levelling the playing field and reduce the feeling of "unfairness", you should, if you can, do what you can to get Valve to release the game to those who have pre-ordered. At least that would give those still waiting an option of returning the physical copy (or give it away at Christmas) and get the game from Steam instead. That would produce the least amount of "unfairness" in my opinion.

Personally I don't really care. I can wait until tomorrow to start playing FM09. I love the demo and an extra day certainly won't kill me. A big thanks from me for all the hard work you put into this game. It is really, really appreciated and it will be my main focus of escapism for the next year or so.

Archived