The Charlton Athletic Thread: Season 04/05

FMaddick

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0-0 against norwich res, so it looks like we'll have to wait until next monday(?) to see if we win the league.

according to skysports.com charlton are interested in Fode Mansare, who's leaving Montpellier on a bosman. however there's a lot of other clubs after him as well.

we are also still Olivier Thomert, even after having a £3m bid rejected in the winter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sivy:

0-0 against norwich res, so it looks like we'll have to wait until next monday(?) to see if we win the league.

according to skysports.com charlton are interested in Fode Mansare, who's leaving Montpellier on a bosman. however there's a lot of other clubs after him as well.

we are also still Olivier Thomert, even after having a £3m bid rejected in the winter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just checked it is on Monday. Typical really we need 2 points we take as long as possible to get them icon_biggrin.gif.

It looks as if Man Utd will win the Northern league so we will probably play them in this new reserve final (at The Valley). We need 1 point from 2 games and the other teams have to win all of theirs, they should win surely.

Im sure Curbishley denied the Thomert thing in not long after the story came up, why would we want a left winger anyway icon_confused.gif

cos curbs gave him one more chance and now SURELY he wont get anymore. he really is crap now. even fortune is better than him. and thats saying a lot. could have even done the thing that everyone hates:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Kiely

Young Perry Hermann Konchesky

Dennis Murphy Kishi Holland Thomas

Bartlett

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fortune and Jeffers should have started, we moved to a 4-4-2 quite quickly, why not use it from the start icon_confused.gif

The only good thing I saw about Fish was he passed it rather than lobbing it forward, but he is far too slow now, even playing against Robbie Fowler.

I wonder what he's going to do with the team from now on, especially at home. Jeffers need to play. he's waiting for his chance and can't do any worse than Bartlett.

What does anyone else think of Murphy on the right? I don't like him there doesn't seem to suit him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scoham:

Fortune and Jeffers should have started, we moved to a 4-4-2 quite quickly, why not use it from the start icon_confused.gif

The only good thing I saw about Fish was he passed it rather than lobbing it forward, but he is far too slow now, even playing against Robbie Fowler.

I wonder what he's going to do with the team from now on, especially at home. Jeffers need to play. he's waiting for his chance and can't do any worse than Bartlett.

What does anyone else think of Murphy on the right? I don't like him there doesn't seem to suit him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As soon as I heard the team, I was furious that Fish was starting in p[lace of Fortune, and was annoyed that yet again Jeffers had to wait, but not suprised

Next game Pompey away, we'll probably stay 4-5-1 but really I think we should be starting Jeffers and Bartlett both up front

after the spurs game i looked at the fixture list and thought there's at least 15 points there. now i think we'll be lucky to get another 6.

again the 4-5-1 backfires. there's no doubt that it does work well against certain teams, but curbs has to mix it up. we are becoming too predictable and the teams we should be beating are ripping us apart. if Jonathan Macken was any good we would have lost 4-2.

as great as Curbs is, sometimes i think he might of put the wrong glasses on during training. why play Fish? he is useless and has been for awhile now.

this was in The Sun on Saturday...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Charlton are hunting Fulham midfielder Steed Malbranque, with Alan Curbishley handed £20m to spend in the summer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a late April fools? where the hell would we get £20m from?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sivy:

this was in The Sun on Saturday...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Charlton are hunting Fulham midfielder Steed Malbranque, with Alan Curbishley handed £20m to spend in the summer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a late April fools? where the hell would we get £20m from? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

So far I've read Curbs has £2m, which isn't going to get us anywhere

yeah i don't know where they got £20m from.

it would be nice though icon_biggrin.gif

i think we'll have about £5m to spend, maybe more if we qualify for Europe.

£2 and a bit million is guaranteed, then with players going out we should raise another couple of mill...

£2.5m for Euell and £500k for JJ maybe

i see can Andersen leaving. i don't think he will be willing to wait until Kiely retires.

Rommadahl and Jeffers might leave if we get good enough offers for them.

Lisble might be told he can go(fingers-crossed)

and i tell you what, if Curbs doesn't buy a decent striker in the summer, then we are going to have to do a QPR and raise some money and buy them a striker ourselves icon_biggrin.gif

Inzaghi? Is that just a random guess or have we been linked with him?

Im sure if we had £20m the board would have said Curbishley has a large budget, all I've heard is we have £3m left over and I guess we will have a bit more added onto that, and anything we get from selling players.

thats dreaming.

i wouldn't like to specualte on what players we might go for before the end of the season. because if (by some miracle) we do quality for europe i think we'll be able to attract bigger names.

however fueling the Malbranque rumour is that Curbs was at the game on sunday.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bellz2002:

we dont need another midfielder. we nee da 30 goal a season striker. or even 20 goals will do!

nah inzaghi was just a random dream by me! but it COULD happen. about 50-1 chance i say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Name me 5 teams with a 30 goal a season striker?

name me 5 with a 20 goal a season striker?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bellz2002:

we dont need another midfielder. we nee da 30 goal a season striker. or even 20 goals will do!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

15 would do icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Name me 5 teams with a 30 goal a season striker?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Taking into account that there are still games to go…

aresenal - Henry

man utd - van Nistelrooy (last season)

wigan - Nathan Ellington

hull city - Stuart Elliot

palace - Andrew Johnston (last season and maybe this season)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">name me 5 with a 20 goal a season striker? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wigan - Jason Roberts

west ham - Teddy Sherimham

ipswich - Darren Bent

Roma - Montella

Eto'o - Barcelona

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedRob:

What a shirt this was icon_biggrin.gif

Our great kit </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Our new kit should be revealed soon enough

Do you remember when we had that kit the same as inter Milan's thanks to our link up with them, that was icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FMaddick:

Do you remember when we had that kit the same as inter Milan's thanks to our link up with them, that was icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we never did get Ronaldo on loan though icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FMaddick:

Do you remember when we had that kit the same as inter Milan's thanks to our link up with them, that was icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we never did get Ronaldo on loan though icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was exactly what I was thinking, talk was he would come over after his injury as Italy didn't have a reserve league icon_biggrin.gif

I did a quick search on google to see if i could find a pic of the shirt, and the first article that came up was a robbie keane fan site that hasn't been updated for 2-3 years, and the top article was Keith Peacock saying it was certain that our link up with inter gave us first refusal on Robbie Keane

How on earth would we afford him back then, it said he was £13m rated icon_confused.gif

I really hope that there's a chance we could sign him in Summer, but I reckon Villa or Everton are more likely destinations

I really hope that there's a chance we could sign him in Summer, but I reckon Villa or Everton are more likely destinations </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i heard everton are planing to bid £10m for Keane and Simon Davies. not sure how that works out, £6m for Keane and £4m for Davies maybe? anyway, out of our price range. unless the story about us getting £20m to spend is true icon_biggrin.gif

i just hope we don't try to re-sign Lee Bowyer... although it wouldn't surprise me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedRob:

I would be devastated if we got Bowyer. There's no space at the club for scum like him icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Add to that IMO the midfield is our strongest position at the moment

yeah i was glad when we sold him. he was a good player back then, but a complete idiot. now his an average player and an even bigger idiot.

i couldn't believe it when we were being linked to him before he joined Newcastle.

Does anyone know if we have undersoil heating? I'd assume we have but I can't find it anywhere (FM 2006 research).

Also if anyone has any ideas/thinks something needs changing post in the Charlton data thread.

It looks as if Lee Bowyer should be a disliked player icon_wink.gif?

I'll just ask again - has anyone been to any reserve/u18 games/planning to? I could do with more info on the players to make it less random. Someone already posted in the data thread about Myles Weston, but hasn't had time to post anything else yet icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scoham:

Does anyone know if we have undersoil heating? I'd assume we have but I can't find it anywhere (FM 2006 research).

Also if anyone has any ideas/thinks something needs changing post in the Charlton data thread.

It looks as if Lee Bowyer should be a disliked player icon_wink.gif?

I'll just ask again - has anyone been to any reserve/u18 games/planning to? I could do with more info on the players to make it less random. Someone already posted in the data thread about Myles Weston, but hasn't had time to post anything else yet icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes we have undersoil heating. We also are the first club to have a "Dome" at there training ground (though its actually located on the Greenwich Uni pitches) with Chelsea I think being the only other team to have one now

I see the under 18's (if thats what it is, thought it was always classed as the under 19s? unless there is two teams) every Saturday morning when they are playing at sparrows lane after my match

Its u18s now, they changed it.

Do you want to help out then? I've started updating everything and any info helps, some players still don't have a foot filled in, a few don't have a potential either.

Email me (address in profile) or use the Charlton data thread, doesn't need to be a lot of detail, but the more the better. Also have MSN if you have that.

As I said I already have a lot of info on Weston, but a 2nd opinion would be good.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/503206905/m/790208365 For the data thread.

team news for portsmouth game.

from teamtalk.com

Curbs might start with a 4-4-2 with Jeffers up front \o/ Fortune will replace Fish \o/ and Kish might be back after recovering from his hamstring injury.

in other news...

the Bowyer back to charlton rumours have already started. its reported that he has bought a new home in Tonbridge, Kent.

according to a poll in CAFCpicks 55% of fans would welcome him back. icon13.gif

we dont need lee bowyer. we have a strong midfield anyway. same reason why although i would love him back, we dont need claus jensen. we bought rommedahl, murphy AND hughesy. so for lee bowyer. no. he isnt disliked, he is an idiot. however we dont need him.

btw i would love to see jensen return. he was fb icon14.gif

4-4-2? doesnt matter what formation we play, we will still do crap at this end of the season. in theory we should whoop portsmouth 3-0 at least. but it will be a narrow victory, if not a draw.

according to a poll in CAFCpicks 55% of fans would welcome him back. icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:/

Idiots tbh.

Every team loses. THis whole end of season slump is being completely exaggerated.

This season what's hapenned, we lost to west brom, after going down to 10 men and going for the win and then one bad performance against city (which we still managed to get a point from) It's FAR too early to talk about a slump yet icon_smile.gif

Archived