The Charlton Athletic Thread: Season 04/05

FMaddick

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FMaddick:

DOL said this week he wouldn't be leaving Villa to at least the Summer <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's not up to him. chelsea can recall him whenever they like.

Cole is overated there must be better strikers we can get. Why do we want another striker who is no better than what we have really?

It says that Tchato is a left back, thats one of the last positions we need and would be a waste spending money on a left back.

I wouldn't mind Fish leaving IF we can get a good centre back, we've been linked with Dawson, Forest want £6m but no one will pay that so they will have to lower the price.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scoham:

Cole is overated there must be better strikers we can get. Why do we want another striker who is no better than what we have really?

It says that Tchato is a left back, thats one of the last positions we need and would be a waste spending money on a left back.

I wouldn't mind Fish leaving IF we can get a good centre back, we've been linked with Dawson, Forest want £6m but no one will pay that so they will have to lower the price. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yer, hopefully we could get Dawson for £2-3m, we don't need Carlton Cole and could get a lot better

And no way do we need a left defender

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sivy:

overrated he might be, but anyone is better than lisbie icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lisbies not playing though icon_wink.gif

Anyway, we are being linked with Derek Boateng who used to be amazing on CM 00/01 and possibly 01/02 (I remember he used to be called Derek Boateg as well)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Derek Boateng is understood to be interesting Southampton and Charlton.

The Ghanaian international is available from Swedish outfit AIK Solna and has already tried his luck at Plymouth and Wigan this summer.

Boateng is keen to broker a move to England and is believed to have trained with both Premiership clubs in the past week.

Solna confirmed that they were expecting offers for the 21-year-old.

"He has been on trial with both Southampton and Charlton and we have got indications that both clubs are interested," confirmed AIK vice-chairman Alessandro Catenacci to Sportbladet.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Complete rubbish of course even if it is on Sky Sports

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=250998&cpid=8&CLID=33&lid=&title=PREM%20DUO%20IN%20FOR%20BOATENG&channel=Premiership

We will only get Dawson/Gabbidon or someone like that if teams were being realistic about their price. Forest could get a few players to help them stay up for £2.5-3m surely?

Euells staying at the moment, but he would leave if he had to:

http://www.icons.com/euell/diary.html

This thread seems to be taking ages to get onto page 4 icon_confused.gif

I'll help it along then.

Great result against birmingham at the weekend, but I still think we should start with the 451 against everton, especially seeing as that's the formation they'll be playing with. We can always change it if we need to like again the brum.

El Karkouri again eh, what a signing he's turned out to be and for nothing as well. (it wasn't 1m like all the papers seem to say, charlton cleary said it was a 1m pound deal, i.e - his wages and the signing on fee. That works out at about 6k p/wk not bad.)

And Murphy is fbbbb icon_cool.gif

are charlton one of the 'many english clubs' interested in Mido?

Mido's agent confirmed that he is in england talking to a host of english clubs, which we know included Spurs and Southampton.

like Corradi, Mido is a tall & strong centre forward who can hold up the ball and score goals. so would Curbishly be interested? well the fact that Mido is availble for loan chances are Charlton are one of the club trying to sign him.

He'll probably have looked at him, but as I've seen on the thread about Mido here none of his managers have liked him. He's always made trouble and all that. Yes he controlled Di Canio but Di Canio knew about Charlton and Curbishley and was happy to sign for us. Mido probably will want to play for a 'massive' club anyway.

Does £1m 'deal' mean it includes wages and signing on fees then? Never thought it meant that really.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scoham:

Does £1m 'deal' mean it includes wages and signing on fees then? Never thought it meant that really. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't think that £1m deal always means that, but it certainly did in this case, the club made it clear, he was a bosman but they had to pay agents etc.

i think most of the £1m for El Karkouri was on his signing-on fee. they were quite a few clubs interested in signing him at the time.

he has turned out to be a good signing though. he's a bit clumsy tackling sometimes, giving away free kicks and the odd penalty.

as for Mido, from a footballing perspective, he would be better off going to a club like charlton or southampton than warming the bench at a 'massive' club.

but as we know, footballers don’t always make decisions from a footballing perspective.

from my cm03/04 experiences we should get mido. though if we went on my fm team, this is what we are at, its january 2007 here's the first team:

GK: Van Der Sar

DL: Konchesky

DC: Upson

DC: Radoi

DR: Young

ML: Gronkjaer

MC: Holland

MR: Murphy

SC: Adriano (from Nacional da Madeira)

SC: Baros

SC: Hartson

S1: Andersen

S2: Henchoz

S3: Dyer (Kieron)

S4: Simonetta

S5: Vieri

and we are 1st in the league therefore get these and we be laughing! icon_biggrin.gif

anyways, back to reality. we could get henchoz for about 675k i reckon. we need a striker, someone proven in a top league.

el karkouri is great! much better than fishy who would go for about 200k max, you know what curbs is like for letting ppl go for nothing. remember when kinsella went for 750k?

euell will probably go for about £1.6m to southampton maybe? though i cant see it happen. then again stranger things have happneded

lets see if this brings it up to page 4

Not page 4 yet icon_biggrin.gif

I'm keen to get rid of Euell providing it's a fair bit of money, ie. £1.5m or more seeing as we paid £4.75m

I thought we could have tried to get Hartson on a bosman, but he's signed a new contract now

Maybe Henchoz, but really I want a striker

Cmon Curbs act!

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Walter Pandiani, a target for Newcastle United, has been made available for transfer by Deportivo La Coruna after his recent run-in with coach Javier Irureta. </pre>

we should go after him. expect fresh movements from curbs *fingers crossed*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bellz2002:

lets get javi guerrero <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who?

Curbs will have some targets just wait and see, hope we get 1 player at least though.

So what wages do people think El Karkouri is on, since SI will eventually need an update for their database. Sounds as if its around £5-7k a week.

I assumed £1m deal over 3 years meant it would cost that over the 3 years, eg he gets around £300k a year (£6500 a week) not £1m per year. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who knows to be honest icon_confused.gif

Certainly some of the £1m would have gone to agents I would have though

A few injuries might mean Euell is needed. Lloyd Sam isn't even allowed out on loan because of injuries! He's never even made the bench before. If we could get decent money for Euell it wouldn't be so bad, but we need a big enough squad though.

So its been roughly a year since Parker left, looked back on page 2 about us signing Parker back, obvious its not going to happen now...

Are we actually going to sign anyone, its been so quiet just speculation on a few div 1 players and random foreign players we've looked into signing icon_frown.gif

Are we actually going to sign anyone, its been so quiet just speculation on a few div 1 players and random foreign players we've looked into signing icon_frown.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't see why that's surprising. Curbs has always played his cards close to his hands so to speak. I can't remember the last time we were linked to a player in the media and then they actually signed with us...

I'd still like to see the club grab a central defender before the window closes, but it's tough to make many changes with the club given the run of form we're on now!

Its not, the whole transfer window has been quiet, and its the same rumours all the time with us. Not long left maybe we will signing someone, if we do it'll probably come out of nowhere.

We were linked with El Karkour and Hughes weren't we? And some of the others were mentioned but that was so near to just before we signed them it doesn't really count.

Some of these rumours seem completely random, like that Boateng, who Plymouth and someone else didn't even want, yet us and Southampton do icon_confused.gif

Also does anyone here actually think of Spurs as rivals, I've seen stuff about it some people do others don't.

We were linked with El Karkour and Hughes weren't we? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hughes...I think maybe you're right; as for El Karkouri I don't think I remember reading anything about that before it happened.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Also does anyone here actually think of Spurs as rivals, I've seen stuff about it some people do others don't. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah. Obviously, since they're near us in the table this year I'd like to see them lose points, but I don't care about the club one way or t'other.

when it was announced 2 deals were done for July 1st it was pretty well known to be Bryan Hughes and el Kakouri, there's some stuff on the first page about it I think.

I don't think signing someone now is urgent, if the right players aren't available then we can wait until the summer so the budget is bigger, and maybe a few teams are willing to let players go now that they are safe/didn't get promoted.

there's still a week left in the window, so something might happen... but most likely not.

the Dawson rumour is still hanging about even though forest's asking price is way other our budget... maybe some sort of swap deal is being discussed.

Curbishly might try and sign Darren Bent again. the only thing that stopped the deal last time was Royle wanted Graham Stuart in part exchange. AC might be willing to let him go now.

apparently Derek Boateg is on trial as we speak he is out of contract soon so it would only be a nominal fee if Curbishly is interested.

after the result on Saturday, i've changed my prediction of finishing 6th to finishing 5th.

what about the rest of you? what are your predictions now?

On Sky Sports it said Derek Boateng (Not Boateg icon_wink.gif) wasn't wanted by Plymouth and someone else, why would we want him icon_confused.gif Does anyone know if he actually is any good?

Bent didn't go through because they want about £6m (Same price with Dawson). No one will pay that and if Forest go down he'll be even cheaper. Hopefully we get someone soon it would help us having a couple of new players around I think.

Im not sure where we'll finish as it depends if we can actually finish a season well for once. Even when we won the league we didn't finish the season well.

Yer, it all comes down to how we finish the season, when will we start our normal downturn in form if at all

Brum just signed Pennant on loan, could we not have signed him as a good challenge to Rommedahl?

From what I've heard Boateng isn't bad, he can't be awful if us and Saints are interested, maybe he's improved alot since Plymouth, plus at the end of the day if Curbs thinks he's rubbish we won't sign him

Hopefully we'll get someone half decent before the end of the season, I would hope Dawson might be allowed for around £3m on deadline day icon_biggrin.gif

just read that Alan Curbishly doubts there'll be any players coming in during the window. he says that most club are unwilling to let players leave until they have found a replacement. also that clubs asking for too much (probably refering to Dawson and Bent)

West Brom seem to bid for a lot of players. Where did you both read about those 2 things?

Forest especially want far too much for Dawson, no one will pay that, and if they go down they'll let him go for a lot less anyway. If they had sold him a while ago they would have had a few million to spend on making their whole squad stronger, surely?

We have to beat Yeovil we have a very good chance of doing well in the FA Cup, and I'd like us not to waste that chance for once.

I can see us not getting anyone but maybe something will come up in the next week.

There would be no point Dawson going to West Brom really, would there? Just looked on netaddicks again more stuff about Scally trying to say we are stealing fans. Wasn't there something about he wanted to move Gillingham to Gravesend, which would effect the Gravesend team? He makes it sound as if all the Gillingham fans will just walk out and get on the £5 coach ride and suddenly they will be Charlton fans. Its more for trying to attract new fans and fans already living there, giving them a new way to get to Charlton.

Can't we just give Forest Fish and some money for Dawson icon_biggrin.gif

I'd have nothing against the club buying Dawson for around £3m, but we all accept he isn't worth any more than that at the moment

They could still be relegated and he'd be worth £1-2m tops.

Yet again Curbs is having a go at clubs holding us to ransom, it's an excuse but we can't expect them to pay over the odds for players, especially though who haven't proved themselves at the top level

scully is a twat, even gillingham fans don't like him. the bus service is about providing an easy way for the many charlton fans who live in the kent area to get to the valley.

it's not about poaching fans.

it's not like they're advertising... "sick of seeing your side lose? sick of a chairman with goldfish bowls for glasses? what to see top-flight action? well thrown away that old blue shirt and jump on the valley express!"

icon_biggrin.gif

Its annoying that he was moaning about us not long ago as well (I think?), he really seems to hate us and think we are trying to beat them icon_confused.gif

Wouldn't be suprised if Dawson does go for that much especially if they are relegated. But we'll see what happens we might get someone we haven't been linked with as usual.

god i hate paul arseface scally. always moaning. thats why i hate maidstone! full of idiots like that. ok so maidstone is not gillingham but still. who would like to see gillingham in the country's worst stadium when they can see the mighty charlton in the mighty valley?

sod gillingham i hope they go into financial ruin. i think the bus scheme is a good idea. transport in kent is crap! wait one hour for a bus, then it doesn't come and where i used to live there were no buses on sunday! WTF?

therefore charlton should be praised. if scully really cares about the fans or thinks that we care about his rants he can go **** off. dickhead.

anyways! icon_biggrin.gif onto proper stuff. i think we will beat yeovil 2-0 hopefully. thomas will score and so will someone else but who? i have a feeling hughes will score or holland. a midfielder. maybe talal will do it again, hmm.

but we better have a good cup run. its been a while. *crosses fingers that this post knocks it to page 4*

according to 'thisislondon' charlton are going to bid £1m plus for Watford's Helguson. and will also make another bid for Dawson before the end of the month.

personally i think we could get better than Helguson.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bellz2002:

get mido! come on curbs! pull your finger out <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He might be trying to sign him right now icon_wink.gif, or someone else.

McCafferty is meant to be going on loan to Rushden, they are all saying he made his debut for us against Man Utd at Old Trafford in 2003 icon_confused.gif I know Sankofa did but Im sure he hasn't even made the bench yet.

Archived