Player refuses contract talks as club may not be able to meet his demands?!

Hi guys

I've come across something a bit strange when playing as an MLS club for the first time:

I've got a player who wants to join me, offer been accepted by his club, then his agent pops up (on the contract promises screen) and says "My client is extremely interested in joining the club in general, but he feels that the club will fail to meet his contract demands."

It then gives me no option to commence contract talks or even to make promises to the player.

Just FYI - I've got £11.25k worth of space in my salary cap, and I scouted the player several times previously, his demands were estimated at £4.8k - £6.75k - so comfortably under that. There are no current restrictions imposed by my board, and although I don't have a DP slot available, the maximum wage I can offer a Backup player is £12.25k.

What is the reason for this message, and is there anything I can do to influence this?

image.thumb.png.1df7289542c1fd32edb72c0d28ac68af.png

The key is in the word estimate. You will often find that players moving from lesser leagues or clubs will demand far more than the estimate. If you keep the save for long enough and are successful enough you can expect to be paying European level salaries in future.

1 hour ago, Guthrie said:

The key is in the word estimate. You will often find that players moving from lesser leagues or clubs will demand far more than the estimate. If you keep the save for long enough and are successful enough you can expect to be paying European level salaries in future.

True.

But with the estimate being so low, it wouldn't be realistic that the actual demands were say, £50k. So it seems implausible that the player would even refuse to enter contract talks.

Hardly as if a player would say he's "extremely interested in joining, but oh - you can't afford me" IRL.

Must be another factor that SI has implemented here?

11 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Please remember you posted out of office hours - when someone is able to look at this they'll reply. Thanks. 

OK thanks.

To add, I had thought it was maybe that I didn't have a spare international allocation slot free.. So I traded away some of my draft picks and got an extra international slot.
But this didn't make a difference either, and I'm still getting the same message from players.

Even my loan bids come back as "the loan...has been cancelled", as shown below - which doesn't tell me anything.

Worth noting that I have both general and targeted alllocation funds available.

Starting to think this may be a bug?

image.thumb.png.aede7e5306628c8ebb2d7719fedc484c.png

• Administrators

That last one looks like a bug. The others it's just a player will want more than you can offer (as they'll request far more than expected as someone else mentioned earlier, to move to a lower rep team/league).

Would suggest creating a thread on our bugs forum ideally with save game examples of your issue - https://community.sigames.com/forum/651-crashes-and-technical-issues/

Thanks. 

Archived