Unoficially Official Set Piece Thread

I observed there isn't a topic for Set Pieces which is very important source for goals especially for underdogs. So we can share our routines and help us each other.

Efectiveness of far post corners are reduced in the full game but it is still effective. I'm currently sitting at the top of most corner goals with this setup.

872790-20181103211347-1.png 872790-20181103211350-1.png

Most of the time my striker scores

I'm still experimenting. Outside area seems unmarked but i don't have anyone with good long shots so i'm sticking to far post for now.

I’ve tried setting most of mine up, throw ins included, to get the first ball to my target man or best header. Usually positioned at the near post or the centre.

In then have one player attack the far post, maybe one lurking/attacking from deep for any clearances.

I then load the box with players.

im getting a reasonable amount of goals from the 2nd ball 

6 hours ago, Egecann said:

I observed there isn't a topic for Set Pieces which is very important source for goals especially for underdogs. So we can share our routines and help us each other.

Efectiveness of far post corners are reduced in the full game but it is still effective. I'm currently sitting at the top of most corner goals with this setup.

lZJM6p.png        VDok1R.png

Most of the time my striker scores

I'm still experimenting. Outside are seems unmarked but i don't have anyone with good long shots so i'm sticking to far post for now.

Can’t see your pics

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, bringing this thread back up. Using far post corners, we get a lot of shots in but barely any goals, as most of the headers are weak and straight at the keeper. We have managed to score 4 in about 20 games, and that's  when the guy at the far post knocks it back and someone else finishes  it.

Wondering if anyone has a better routine that is working?  Also what about indirect free kicks?

I'm using this routine from strikerless, obviously not all the positions are exactly the same as I have shorter squads than him, but its worked very well first with River Plate (where I had the shortest squad in Argentina, even in goalkeeping we were bottom for average height) and now Dortmund (Zagadou 197cm 20 Jumping Reach nearly always wins the header when he plays).

6 ore fa, zlatanera ha scritto:

I'm using this routine from strikerless, obviously not all the positions are exactly the same as I have shorter squads than him, but its worked very well first with River Plate (where I had the shortest squad in Argentina, even in goalkeeping we were bottom for average height) and now Dortmund (Zagadou 197cm 20 Jumping Reach nearly always wins the header when he plays). 

Instead I'm using this routine from strikerless with the mixed approach FM16 Corners; Various Routines And Their Merits – Strikerless which is earlier (it's for FM 2016) and still work very well

Having a RB and LB with 15 long throws I base mine around just that.

This works quite well and normally provides a goal every other game, for some odd reason have had about 9 goals disallowed for off-side???

Normally a flick on but if the DC sees a gap he goes for a header at goal himself. Tried with a player coming short which works as pulls 2 defenders out of position.

Corners still a struggle as nobody with decent Long Shots so at the mo trust to luck and hope for the best.

IMG_20181124_134428.jpg

21 hours ago, sovy666 said:

Personally I have more difficulties with the defensive set pieces, especially the indirect free kicks more than the corner. What bothers me most is when I get the goal on the far post from a deep free kick. :seagull:

I got all the players either man mark or mark 6 yard ( all of them are back and defending )and I use 1 training def free kicks and 1 training session def corner kicks 

I lose the ability to have a chance to counter but it's always better to not concede 

Hardly conceded 

1 ora fa, alex1234 ha scritto:

I got all the players either man mark or mark 6 yard ( all of them are back and defending )and I use 1 training def free kicks and 1 training session def corner kicks 

I lose the ability to have a chance to counter but it's always better to not concede 

Hardly conceded 

I'm on FM Touch so the training is almost the same of FM18, I use a similar setting for defensive corner kicks 3 mark 6 yard, 5 man mark/tall or get back and 2 at the edge of the box.

Archived