FM 09: Real Madrid: Los Merengues

Guest roberto922

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have started a new game after getting bored with other games.

I asked the board for more wage budget because of the measly difference of 40-70K and i was given an extra 350K but I will probably just budget adjust it to get more cash.

I will be playing an attacking 4-2-3-1 that i downloaded from the T&TT it was a Set called Pompey something or other anyway here is how my team will look after injuries and before selling:

GK - I.Casillas

DR - S.Ramos

DL - Marcelo/Heinze

DC - F.Cannavaro

DC - Pepe

MC - M.Diarra/F.Gago/R.De la Red

MC - M.Diarra/F.Gago/R.De la Red

AMR - Robben/Sneijder/Higuain

AML - Robben/Sneijder

AMC - Sneijder/Higuain/Guti/VdV/Raul

FC - Raul/Van Nistelrooy/Saviola

I will look to offload Saviola (not good enough IMO), Guti (Old and also better options IMO),Dudek and Codina (Not good enough) Metzelder (Not good enough).

EDIT: Sold Codina to Man City for 5M and Metzelder to Tottenham for 10M so after adjusting and those bids going through I now have 75M to spend trying to get F.Torres for 50M

So should I buy to strengthen the team or to invest in youth also can I have suggestions.

You wont sign torres. I have had bids accepted but for some reason he loves benitez and liverpool and wont come, tried for many years.

I am my 4th season into my real madrid game, having won 3 champions leagues, 2 league titles and countless little cups.

This is my team:

gk- Casillas

dr - Sergio Ramous

dl - Drenthe / a quality young regen

dc - Pepe

dc - Fazio

mc- Sneijder

mc-gago

mc- Van der vaart

fc- Ronaldo

fc- Adebayor

fc- Messi

Cost me over 300 million to assemble that strike force but well worth it imo, Carlsberg dont do strikeforce's but if they did it would probably look like that!

Has anyone else encountered the problem with Castilla signing players for high wages? During the summer of the second season several players have showed up in my team without any knowledge of them. I wouldn't care so much that Castilla was signing players, but not on £30,000 p/w wages.

Season 1 Overview:

La Liga: First with 94 points. Only conceded 9 goals in the campaign.

Spanish Cup: Lost in the Semi-Finals to Getafe. Played back-ups and didn't care. However beating Barcelona 5-2 on aggregate in the quarters was nice.

Champions League: Lost in the Finals on PKs to Chelsea. Disappointed as I dominated the game. Schneider was injured with hurt.

Transfers In:

Phillippe Mexes from Roma £17M

Giorgio Chiellini from Juventus £15M

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar from Ajax £16M

All three were excellent. When I combined them with Ramos, Pepe, and of course Iker it made my defense impenetrable. When I started these 5 I never conceded more than 1 goal in a game. Obviously I didn't choose to sign Huntelaar but he was excellent. My attack had been streaky due to injuries and inconsistency but Huntelaar scored 11 in 17 games. RVN was out nearly the whole season and because of injuries to the midfield Higuian was mostly a winger.

Transfers Out:

Marcelo to Chelsea £20M

Javier Saviola to Sunderland £7.5M

Don't really rate Saviola and I wanted to clear some money off my wage bill. Marcelo was not playing in my team as Drenthe was performing much better so £20M was too good to turn down.

Season Two Transfers In:

Sergio Asenjo from Valladolid £7.25M

Julien Faubert from West Ham £5M

Sofiane Feghouli from Grenoble Foot 38 £3M

Ignacio Camacho from Athletico Madrid £10M

John Fleck from Rangers Free

Daniel Aquino from Murcia Free

Out:

Mahamadou Diarra to Chelsea £18M

Gabriel Heinze to Liverpool £5M

Jordi Codina to Sporting CP £1M

Dream Targets:

Daniele De Rossi, Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Fernando Torres, Francesc Fabregas, and David Villa

transfers season 1

fmtransfersgv3.jpg

w1024.png

Squad

squadqx8.jpg

w1024.png

Most of my signings are for the future Sakho becomes a worldclass defender in 3 years better them pepe saviet can play as a striker or a AMR but is 3 years away ive moved them to Castilla in the 1st season Higuain i sold because he didnt fit into my team plans have Huntelaar & L.Diarra coming in the Jan windows so i should have a another striker thats where im lacking now ill use Saviet if Raul Or Van Nistelrooy gets injured

Hope you can make it to January with that strike force. Playing with 2 up front is going to tire out Raul and RVN. Saivet is not ready for La Liga action in season one so I may suggest going with a lone striker. Klaas will only be able to play in La Liga and the Spanish Cup.

Into my second season and Rafael van der Vaart is constantly hurt. He has been good when healthy but I am getting sick of him playing 3-4 matches than out for 1-2 months. As well, Guti is getting on and not the sturdiest either. What I am getting at is I am wondering who I should go after in January to bolster my attacking midfield options. I know I could go after Messi/Ronaldo/Silva or the other big guns with the money I have. But, I feel like that will be too easy (not that Real Madrid is a hard save). So who would people suggest that would be available for £15-20M?

Has anyone else encountered the problem with Castilla signing players for high wages? During the summer of the second season several players have showed up in my team without any knowledge of them. I wouldn't care so much that Castilla was signing players, but not on £30,000 p/w wages.

Season 1 Overview:

La Liga: First with 94 points. Only conceded 9 goals in the campaign.

Spanish Cup: Lost in the Semi-Finals to Getafe. Played back-ups and didn't care. However beating Barcelona 5-2 on aggregate in the quarters was nice.

Champions League: Lost in the Finals on PKs to Chelsea. Disappointed as I dominated the game. Schneider was injured with hurt.

Transfers In:

Phillippe Mexes from Roma £17M

Giorgio Chiellini from Juventus £15M

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar from Ajax £16M

All three were excellent. When I combined them with Ramos, Pepe, and of course Iker it made my defense impenetrable. When I started these 5 I never conceded more than 1 goal in a game. Obviously I didn't choose to sign Huntelaar but he was excellent. My attack had been streaky due to injuries and inconsistency but Huntelaar scored 11 in 17 games. RVN was out nearly the whole season and because of injuries to the midfield Higuian was mostly a winger.

Transfers Out:

Marcelo to Chelsea £20M

Javier Saviola to Sunderland £7.5M

Don't really rate Saviola and I wanted to clear some money off my wage bill. Marcelo was not playing in my team as Drenthe was performing much better so £20M was too good to turn down.

Season Two Transfers In:

Sergio Asenjo from Valladolid £7.25M

Julien Faubert from West Ham £5M

Sofiane Feghouli from Grenoble Foot 38 £3M

Ignacio Camacho from Athletico Madrid £10M

John Fleck from Rangers Free

Daniel Aquino from Murcia Free

Out:

Mahamadou Diarra to Chelsea £18M

Gabriel Heinze to Liverpool £5M

Jordi Codina to Sporting CP £1M

Dream Targets:

Daniele De Rossi, Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Fernando Torres, Francesc Fabregas, and David Villa

Forget about Messi,Torres,Fabregas,Villa check their favourite teams

glenn73 nice signings Sakho,Santon,Saivet you'll have SS in defense and one more S in attack so SSS :D

bad decision selling Higuain though he is class

Forget about Messi,Torres,Fabregas,Villa check their favourite teams

Hence them being dream targets. I've had bids for all of them accepted, but don't want to spend the money on one player. Valencia accepted a £65M bid for Villa but I didn't pull the trigger.

I hate that it Happens to me as well im gonna try to get David Villa in season 2 to partner Raul btw i signed Alex from brazil as a replacement for Higuain

You will be able to get him with the transfer budget you get in the second season. It is just a question of how much money you wish to spend.

Higuain has been rather poor in my second season. I may sell him over the summer depending on who I can bring in to replace him.

How are you performing in the Champions League? If you are doing well there I wouldn't think it would matter.

Barcelona drew against a lot of poor teams in the first season. As well, Sevilla finished in 14th. This season, both those teams have recovered and I am in 2nd, 4 points behind Barca. Sevilla and Villareal are in 3rd and 4th. Drew Lyon in the first knockout round. Want to avenge my loss in the Champ League Finals, especially since its in the Bernabeu.

Yay won the league & champions league

season 1 review

League:Won

Spainsh cup:R/U

supercup:won

Champions league:Won

already signed Fazio cant sign Villa Offered as much as 50 mill im trying to unsettle him now not sure who to offload yet already sold graey gee its bee quiet here lately

Congrats on a good first season.

My second season just ended pretty terribly. Think I am lucky I avoided the sack.

League: 2nd with 84 points. Played Barcelona in the 35th game. Won 1-0 at Camp Nou on a 92nd minute free kick from Miguel Veloso. I moved point ahead of Barcelona, then proceeded to draw Malaga (1-1), Gimnastic (0-0), and Racing (0-0) to lose the title. Dominated all three games but couldn't convert. So frustrated.

Champions League: Lost in the First Knockout Round to Lyon: Drew 1-1 away. Second leg was at home and dominated the match, however we went to extra time tied 0-0. Scored two goals in the first half. Then El-Hadji Diouf scores two screamers with 5 minutes left to knock me out.

Spanish Cup: Lost in Semi-Final to Athletic 2-2 on away goals. Played my "B" team both legs and Fernando Llorente scored a 92nd minute goal to knock me out.

Super Cup: Won 6-2 against Getafe.

Transfers In:

(Mentioned some above)

Bojan from Barcelona Free

Martin Carceres from Barcelona £4.9M

Miguel Veloso from Sporting £11M

Out:

(See above)

Ruben De la Red to Newcastle £8M

Caceres was offered to me and was very good. Probably will sell Metzelder this offseason. Will be looking to move Rafael Van Der Vaart as well.

Overall I was very disappointed with my season. The team was very inconsistent. Allowed 8 more goals this season than last (although Casillas being out hurt), and scored 7 less. Will be looking to bring in a world-class striker as Raul is slowly getting on. Will probably sell either Higuain or Huntelaar. Also would like to add another playmaker to the midfield.

Hi all, just started a Madrid game to try and sort out my tactics in 09, as they haavn't worked so far. I've decided to play a 4-2-3-1 formation, this may change over time, especially if I get some more money to change things around, but there just isn't enough.

Transfers:

Mexes, Mascherano, Mario Santana, Santon in

Raul, Saviola, Salgado out.

I decided to get rid of Raul as he just doesn't fit any formation that I would want to play. He was joined by Saviola due to the extortionate wages he was on.

Mexes is the perfect Libero it seems, so I will try him out and see how things go. Mascherano is perfect as a DM, and this gives me two excellent players in this position. I'm short up front with just RvN and Higuain, so was going for Julio Cruz - with KJH coming I don't wanna spend huge on a similar player... saying that, if I could get my hands on extra cash, I would buy one. Does anyone know of a decent CF for less than £8m?

I'll let everyone know if my system works and will post screens later.

Hi all, just started a Madrid game to try and sort out my tactics in 09, as they haavn't worked so far. I've decided to play a 4-2-3-1 formation, this may change over time, especially if I get some more money to change things around, but there just isn't enough.

Transfers:

I decided to get rid of Raul as he just doesn't fit any formation that I would want to play. He was joined by Saviola due to the extortionate wages he was on.

Mexes is the perfect Libero it seems, so I will try him out and see how things go. Mascherano is perfect as a DM, and this gives me two excellent players in this position. I'm short up front with just RvN and Higuain, so was going for Julio Cruz - with KJH coming I don't wanna spend huge on a similar player... saying that, if I could get my hands on extra cash, I would buy one. Does anyone know of a decent CF for less than £8m?

With my team i have bought some young guns and have won league and champions league.

Criscito 1 of the best

Sakho works well with criscito

Alexis Sanchex after 1 season immense

Miguel Veloso best DMF in the game

Lassana Diarra moved Ramos to centre back and Diarra right back

Adler is the new casilas

Canales for 120k good back up CB after a while

Moutinho in the centre sold Guti stats sre nice

Transfers:

How does Raul not fit as a striker? Anyways, Liedson (Sporting CP) or Demba Ba (Hoffenheim) are options that should cost less or around £8M.

Mexes has been a god for me in his 2+ seasons. Looked at Mascherano but decided to go for Veloso because of the price.

Well, I went for Cardozo for 6m, but then I hit quit during a match before realising that it doesn't give you the option to save, d'oh! So I'll have a look at them before committing. Thanks.

Well, the real reason for offloading Raul was the £20m+ I got for him and the £100k wages I freed up.

I'm attempting to build a team of the best players available. So Mexes looks like he has the best stats for a ball playing DC and Masch is the best DM by a country mile. I'm worried about my formation not scoring enough goals, however. How fickle are the Real fans/ board? Is it like real life, and am I gonna get sacked if I don't score 100+ goals this season? As my whole aim is that this season is building, and next I will hopefully be able to bring in the players required - Ronaldo, Silva, Benzema/Pato, etc.

Attempting to tweak my formation to something that works atm, was during the Super Cup that I quit - Valencia were 1-0 up and we had been solid without creating anything of note - RvN, Cardozo and Aquino all picked up knocks - but we had started to turn the screw, so I might have created a late game formation... We'll see tonight.

Well, I went for Cardozo for 6m, but then I hit quit during a match before realising that it doesn't give you the option to save, d'oh! So I'll have a look at them before committing. Thanks.

Well, the real reason for offloading Raul was the £20m+ I got for him and the £100k wages I freed up.

I'm attempting to build a team of the best players available. So Mexes looks like he has the best stats for a ball playing DC and Masch is the best DM by a country mile. I'm worried about my formation not scoring enough goals, however. How fickle are the Real fans/ board? Is it like real life, and am I gonna get sacked if I don't score 100+ goals this season? As my whole aim is that this season is building, and next I will hopefully be able to bring in the players required - Ronaldo, Silva, Benzema/Pato, etc.

Attempting to tweak my formation to something that works atm, was during the Super Cup that I quit - Valencia were 1-0 up and we had been solid without creating anything of note - RvN, Cardozo and Aquino all picked up knocks - but we had started to turn the screw, so I might have created a late game formation... We'll see tonight.

I've never had Cardozo but have heard good things about him. Plus, that is a good price for Raul since he is older.

What formation are you playing?

The board expects trophies. Quality of play doesn't really matter in the game, as long as the results are fine. Personally, I put all my attention in the League and the Champions League. Couldn't have cared less about the Spanish Cup and just played my "B" team. The second season, assuming you avoid the sack, you will get a huge transfer budget and will be able to bring in practically anyone you wish.

Does anyone else find it unfair how large the budget for Real gets after Season 1? I've never played this game before and found that the team I compiled was too good after only one season. Players like Gago, Guti, Heinze, Diarra, Van Nistleroy can all be sold for $30m+ and Sneijder can be sold after season 1 for $100m. On top of that, Real Madrid to gets an extra $160m for transfers and $3.3m p/w for wages?

Here are the notables on my team:

GK: Casillas/Asenjo

RB: Sergio Ramos

DC: Pepe

DC: Micah Richards/Garay

LB: Darijo Srna/Drenthe

MR: Mario Balotelli

MC: Fabregas

MC: Veloso

ML: Messi

ST: Cristiano Ronaldo

ST: Raul/Pato

I'm surprised you could sell Heinze and Guti for that much money. The other players are good, so being able to sell them for large amounts isn't unfair, just an indication of their talent and reputation.

As to large transfer and wage budgets, I can't speak too much on. I am not a big follower of Real Madrid or Spanish soccer, but not being brain-dead, I know they the largest turnover in the world. On the game, it is their massive TV deal that creates most of this. I do not know if this is an accurate representation of real-life, but it is likely close. Real Madrid have the ability to buy practically anyone they want so it is not necessarily unfair. You have to play the game, and sign the players, you wish.

I believe there are no teams with quite the same transfer budget. Man City may come close.

Barcelona, A.C. Milan, Inter, Chelsea all have great buying power in every game I've seen. Manchester United and Liverpool have trouble because of their debts. Unless they win lots of trophies they run into trouble bringing in money.

How are you using Messi?

Well, I did sign Carddozo again then, and played the Super Cup against Valencia. The first leg, we took the lead in the second minute from Guti - who had a pretty good game in AM. But then we conceded from a Pepe error, before conceding again from the same, and once more from a screamer. So we lost 3-1, but I was reasonable pleased with the team, we seemed to play well, controlled the play, and but for a couple of individual errors we could have got a good result away from home.

So the second leg came up aand Drenthe came in for Heinze at LB - and he scores a beaut from a RvN laay off, before vN goes on to score two of his own. No individual errors, and a perfect 3-0 victory.

And I also found that I can shackle Villa - his ratings were 5.9 and 5.5!

1st game of the league season, and it's Getafe at home. We score first, but then Casillas makes an uncharacteristic mistake, passing the ball straight to an oppo player who sslots the ball into the empty net. I tweaked my passing a bit, and RvN made it 2-1, before Cardozo - on as a sub - makes it 3. A greaat goal from Soldado pulls one back for the visitors in the last minute of stoppage time, 3-2 - Casillas got a 4.9!

So, if we can cut out individual errors, I think I may be onto a keeper in terms of an attacking 4-2-3-1, but I've gotta make some tweaks to my away tactics before Baca at the Nou camp in a month. Will have more time to play tomorrow, so will let you know how I do... My tactic is turning out more attacking than I thought it might be!

can anybody reccomend a couple of realistic transfers?

i need a left winger and a right winger

Current Team

GK - Casillas, RB - Sergio Ramos, CB - Pepe, CB - Cannavaro, LB - Heinze

RM - ?? CAM - Sneijder, DM - De Rossi, LM- ??

ST - Raul, ST - Van Nistelrooy

Assuming you have money...

RM: Ronaldo, Ribery

LM: Silva, Guardado, Nani

Also, Ashley Young, Hatem Ben Arfa. To be honest, with the exception of a couple players, most would be a realistic transfer for Madrid. If you need cheaper suggestions post your transfer budget.

BTW, how much did you pay for De Rossi.

Hi all im in 2nd season with Real and i have 142m to spend after buying C.Ronaldo and andres guardardo

Heres my team so far

Gk:

Iker Casillas

Sergio Asenjo

DC:

E.Garay

C.Metzelder]

Pepe

Gab Heinze

FullBacks:

Miguel Torres

Sergio Ramos