FM 09: Real Madrid: Los Merengues

Guest roberto922

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi, my team Real Madrid (if you never got that from the title) is playing really poor and there is no obvious explanation for it, or is there? i dunno but plz help. is there areas i need to improve on in the summer market or is the team not reaching there potential. Any suggestion is welcomed. Thank you.

Time of the year: March 2010

League position: 4th

Injuries:

Casillias (5 months)

Sneijder (2 months)

Robben (2 months)

Lineup:

GK - Dudek

DR- Ramos

DL- Heinze

DC- Pepe

DC- Metzelder

MR- Huguain/Kalou (rotation)

ML-Diego Capel/Vela (rotation)

MC- van der Vaart

MC- Miguel Veloso

FC- Benzema

FC- Raul/Adriano (rotation)

Subs:

Adan

Miguel Torres

Thiago Silva

Cannavaro

Diarra

Guti

Huntelaar

Jo

Extra info:

Adriano is on loan with a possibility of buying for 2.5 million

Balotelli and Jo was a waste of money is there a chance of them getting better or should i try to sell both.

Where is Garay? He should be your CB instead of Metzelder. Play Thiago Silva instead though.

Sign Chiellini at LB to replace the ageing Heinze.

Sell Jo.

You badly need a MR - How much is your budget???

I still got Garay he is in Castilla. Is he good though? I'll give him a try

At the moment i have 10 mil but when the season is over ill get more.

I've looked at chellini and he is really good but he is worth a lot.

My MR's are not that bad i got robben back.

Who do you recommend as a MR anyway. Ronaldo???

I still got Garay he is in Castilla. Is he good though? I'll give him a try

At the moment i have 10 mil but when the season is over ill get more.

I've looked at chellini and he is really good but he is worth a lot.

My MR's are not that bad i got robben back.

Who do you recommend as a MR anyway. Ronaldo???

Balotelli???

My current Real Madrid team:

27013558ae8.png

w1088.png

1st Season: 1st in La Liga, Copa del Rey winners, Supercopa winners

2nd Season: 1st in La Liga, Copa del Rey winners, Champions League winners

3rd Season: 1st in La Liga, Copa del Rey winners, Supercopa winners, European Super Cup winners, Club World Cup winners

4th Season: 1st in La Liga, Supercopa winners

Loving it so far. Just need to win the Champions League more often. I have £188m left for transfers!

Just starting a game with Real. They're wage budget seems pretty tight. First person I sold is Raul, he was on the highest wage of 100k, he's 31, and I got 20 mil. I'm keeping Savolia.

20m for raul?? i sold raul for 30m. beside, i also sold guti for 20m , diarra for 30m, 26,5mil+clause for gago.

Is it me or are the attacking midfielders at Real really good, i play with Robben, Sneijder/Van der Vaart, and Higuan and they have all scored between 10-15 and have the same amount of assists.

I dont see many people using Higuan on there games but he seems to be amazing for me.

Higuain is good for me too, although he's currently just backup for Camoranessi who's been one of my best players. Got him for about 9m€.

This is my current best 11:

Casillas

Ramos - Pepe - Cannavaro - Heinze

Sneijder - Toulalan

Camoranessi Robben

Raul - Van Nistlerooy

I've been doing great with this setup. 2nd place in the leage after Barca who's just steamrolling everything, allthough they only have 1 more win than me, otherwise we're equal. Their only loss was home against me =)

Won all my games in my ECC group too(Bayern, Celtic, Cluj).

At. Madrid is doing great, one of their strikers had scored 20 goals after 18 games in the leauge! Not Agüero though, the other guy.

I've been trying to sign Ronaldo but they wanted 160m€ for him... =/

Currently considering an offer to buy Chiellini for 36m€(winter 1st season). A bit much I think but I got the money and not sure where I should spend it elsewhere. Other players I've been considering is fabregas, Gerrard, Benzema and Mexes. Allready got Vela.

I minda need a DC-backup though, Cannavaro is getting old and I only got Metzelder(or what his anme is) to replace him with, and then I wonät have anyone at the bench.

Currently in my 3rd Season, and this is my squad as now

GK: Casillas (Asenjo)

DL: Monzon (Mattock)

DR: Ramos (Santon)

DC: Criscito, Sakho (Pepe, Garay)

MR: Sneijder (Alexis Sanchez)

ML: Messi (Wilshere)

MC: Diarra, Bolzoni (Ignacio Camacho, Jankovic)

FC: Bojan, Keirrison (Oscar Cardozo, Hunteelar)

Reserves: Miguel Torres, John Fleck

Any comments or any improvements i should make?

First season, and im through group play in CL 16 points total. Second in La Liga 2 points after Puta Barca.

Team:

GK St. Iker

DL Marcelo

DC Pepe

DC Cannavaro

DR Ramos

DMc Gago

ML A. Cuardado (Absolutely Great)

MR Robben

AMC van der Vaart

ST Híguain

ST Raul

Also brought in Angel dí María

Currently in my 3rd Season, and this is my squad as now

GK: Casillas (Asenjo)

DL: Monzon (Mattock)

DR: Ramos (Santon)

DC: Criscito, Sakho (Pepe, Garay)

MR: Sneijder (Alexis Sanchez)

ML: Messi (Wilshere)

MC: Diarra, Bolzoni (Ignacio Camacho, Jankovic)

FC: Bojan, Keirrison (Oscar Cardozo, Hunteelar)

Reserves: Miguel Torres, John Fleck

Any comments or any improvements i should make?

How did you get Messi ??

I'm in my third season now with Real Madrid, done the treble in the second season. Had a good first season but lost the League to Barcelona by 2 points but won the Champions league.

I play an attacking 4-4-2,

Casillas (GK)

Joe Mattock (LB) (2.5 Million in the first season, is immense for me now)

Pepe (CB)

Zheng Hao (CB) (2.1 Million for this guy, absolute rock. Hes a regen and appeared in 2010, scout spotted him and snapped him up right away)

Ramos (RB)

Robben (AML)

Kaka (AM) (Paid 90 Million for him in the first season, has been a legend. Assists galore given him the free role)

Fabregas (CM) (Paid 67 Million second season, wanted someone to partner Kaka in Midfield and he was the perfect guy, although I now bought Fellaini and hes keeping Fabregas out of the team at the moment)

C.Ronaldo (AMR) (Paid 70 million for him third season, managed to recoup most of that back by then selling Sneijder to United for 60 Million)

Pato (FC) (Signed him start of second season, scored 28 in 37 games and set up 7.. this current season hes scored 11 in 16 games and set up 2, and thats with having a 2 month injury near the start)

Keirrison (FC) (Just can't seem to drop him, hes amazing for me. Every time I think about dropping him he sways me by banging in 2 or 3 goals in the game, works fantastic with Pato aswell. There both the main strikers for Brazil aswell so i'd say that helps).

Won the Champions League in season one. Lost the League by 2 points, was dissapointed at that. Season 2, I won everything, literally. Won the League on the last day by a point ahead of At.Madrid. Third season is looking good, ahead in the league by 12 points with 19 games played, only lost 1 and that was to Sevilla away. Qualified from my Champs league group after 4 games. If I win the champions League again this season, 3 times on the trot i'll probably leave Madrid and play else where, maybe the english league.

Still have Ruud Van nistelrooy, mainly a bench warmer but does the buisness when he comes on occasionally. Sold Raul and Marcelo to Chelsea for 20 Million each. Sold VDV to Roma for 26 Million and L.Diarra to Atl.Madrid for 20 Million.

Guys, I'm half way through my second season and doing pretty well, although Barca are also spanking teams left, right and centre - have other people noticed how they continuously strengthen their already strong squad! I'm looking to sell either Raul or RvN since I plan to use Higuain and Benzema (bought in the first season) a lot more and I have already acquired Huntelaar's services for the next season. Who do you think is worth selling? Raul has the better stats overall since his Mental and Technical attributes remain much higher than RvN, any ideas?

Cheers

Going in to Second season´, I was offered a staggering 180 Million € Transfer budget !!!

First season ended with me changing from the Razor 1.0 & 1.1 tactic (442 Diamond) to a York Tactic (found somewhere in Forum) 4-2-3-1 | 3/4 through season 2 points after Barca. Winning the league by 3 points and winning Champions League 2-1 in Final against Arsenal.

In summer i "only" bought Brazilian prodigy Keirrison (€ 3,5 million) and Calderon dream target Cristiano Ronaldo (€ 111 Million !!!). Selling off Metzelder for € 7,0 mill. to Liverpool, R. van der Vaart for € 23,0 mill. to Chelsea (the backroom menace) and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar for € 28,0 mill. to Man Utd.(he only scored 7 goals in 21 starters).

Free Transfers off load: Dudek and Salgado

So 2nd season starting line up is:

Gk: St. Iker

DL: Sergio Ramos

DC: Garay

DC: Pepe

DR: Marcelo (much better than IRL)

MC: Sneijder (Loads of long shot goals)

MC: M. Diarra

AML: Cr. Ronaldo

AMC: Higuain

AMR. Andres Cuardado

ST: van Nistelrooy

Bench: Codina; Cannavaro, Heinze; Gago; Robben, Daniel Parejo; Keirrison

I got £101m to play with in my first season.

I'm now in my March of my second. Here's my team:

GK:Casillas/Asenjo

RB:Ramos/Rafinha

LB:Marcelo/Heinze

CB:Pepe/Metzelder

CB:Garay/Metzelder

MC:Gago/Diarra

MC:Veloso/Guti

AMR:Ronaldo/dos Santos

AML:Robben/Vela

AMC:Sneijder/Diego/Higuain

ST:Benzema/Raul/Huntelaar

I know i need to find a new CB..and maybe another LB..any suggestions guys?

Can't stand Sakho, plays pants for me and never stops whining. Getting rid of him at the end of the season for a cut down price. Going to ship him somewhere far away from me as possible. He turned down a move to liverpool and Chelsea cos they wernt giving him enough, then carrys on complaining about lack of first team football.

Anway, in my in my fourth season now. Was on a 33 game unbeaten run until I just lost two on the bounce to Sevilla (Lost 4-0 away, Fabiano destroyed me) and Barcelona (Lost 2-1 at home).

madridtablezm6.jpg

Theres the tablle just gone half way through the season, was hoping to go unbeaten but underestimated Sevilla then that caused a **** performance against Barca in the next game.

tacsrealmadridwk7.jpg

Thats my home tactic, pure attacking. Usually hammer teams at home, away I go for a more reserved 4-4-2, Kaka playing behind a lone striker then 4 in midfield, where Fabregas and Fellani hold the middle and Ronaldo and Messi fly down the wings.

Just drew Rangers in the quarter final of the Champions league, beat them 2-0 away. Should take care of them at home.

Robben broke his leg at the start of the season, has only just returned. When he broke his leg I thought i'd go ahead and try and purchase long term target Messi, to my suprise he was actually interested in joining so I bid his release cause, been amazing for me. Played like 30. Scored 9, set up 17. Absolute monster switching wings with Ronaldo.

So, on course to doing another treble. If I do, i'm definitly going to try manage somewhere in England and leave this team behind. Hopefully try and bring some with me when I go.

If not, i'll stay until I do do another treble. Going to get rid of Pepe, Sakho, Richards, Robben, who are all surplus to requirments now and hopefully bring in some youngsters for the back line as the attacking side of things seems to be all good for a good few seasons.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, really enjoying my Real save :) just got Huntelaar - never had him before, is he worth keeping considering how many other forward options we have?? Ive also have Balotelli as well as the forwards that you start with... im using the most recent update if that helps..

Cheers

Despite my lack of luck with VDV, I just went on a 31-game unbeaten run (in all comps) until Sevilla knocked me out of the Spanish Cup. Still unbeaten in the league though, now into February.

Huntelaar just arrived and is doing OK, Vela and Higuain seem to be a better combo.

Oh, and Lassana Diarra=Goal Machine for some reason!

Archived