Nickname: Los Merengues

Founded: 1902

Home Kit:

Real_Madrid_home_2008.jpg

Away Kit:

camiseta_real_madrid_2_09.jpg

Rivals: Atletico Madrid, FC Barcelona

Other Rivals: Valencia, FC Bayern, Athletic, Osasuna

Feeder Clubs: Castilla, Real Madrid C, Salt Lake, Las Rozas, Beijing, Pabellon, Pozuelo

Legends: Alfredo Di Stefano, Raul.

Icons: Jorge Valdano, Zinedine Zidane, Emilio Butragueno, Iker Casillas, Manuel Sanchis, Fernando Hierro, Jose Antonio Caacho, Vicente Del Bosque, Hugo Sanchez, Michael Laudrup

Favoured Personnel: Predrag Mijatovic, Ulrich Stielike, Davor Suker

League: Liga BBVA

Media Prediction: 1st

Team Captain: Raul

Vice Captain: Iker Casillas

Finances

Estimated Value: £462 million

Balance: £63 million

Transfer Budget: £48 million

Remaining Wage Budget: £8 p/w

Stadium and Training

Ground: Santiago Bernabeu

Build Date: 1942

Capacity: 75,328

Season Ticket Holders: 63,000

Average Ticket Price: £37

Average Season Ticket Price: £599

Training Facilities: Top Training Facilities

Youth Facilities: Excellent Youth Facilities + Youth Academy

Staff

Chairman: Ramon Calderon

Managing Director: Miguel Angel Arroya

Director of Football: Javier Lozano

General Manager: Predrag Mijatovic

Director: Jose Ignacio Rivero

Director: Francisco Moreno Caricena

Director: Alfredo Di Stefano

Director: Vicente Boluda

Assistant Manager: Manolo Ruiz

Assistant Manager: Chendo

1st Team Coach: Valter Di Salvo

Coach: Luis Miguel Ramis

Coach: Jordi Garcia

Goalkeeper Coach: Pedro Luis Jaro

Fitness Coach: Carlos Lalin

Youth Coach: Sergio Pina

Youth Coach: Juanvi

Youth Coach: Tristan Celador

Youth Coach: Julian Calero

Youth Coach: Jose Francisco Belman

Physio: Luis Serratosa

Physio: Jose Luis San Martin

Physio: Juan Muro

Physio: Alfonso Del Corral

Physio: Pedro Chueco

Scout: Antonio Soriano

Scout: Miguel Angel Portugal

Scout: Carlos Paniza

Scout: Nito

Scout: Rafael Monfort

Scout: Gonzalo Martinez Olivares

Scout: Jack Karadas

Scout: Antonio Galan

Scout: Carlos Bucero

Scout: Antonio Vilches

Scout: Carlos Bucero

Scout: Antonio Vilches

Scout: Sixto Manuel Alfonso

The Squad

Assistant Managers Recommendation:

Iker Casillas

Sergio Ramos           Pepe                 Fabio Cannavaro      Gabriel Heinze

Wesley Sneijder       Mamou Diarra      Guti                       Arjen Robben

Raul           Van Nistelrooy

Goalkeepers

Iker Casillas has been a mainstay in the side since the 1999/2000 season, and for good reason too, for the last 9 years he has proven himself to be one of the worlds best goalkeepers. Due to Casillas' impossibly high ability Real Madrid have never really spent much on goalkeepers, In 2007 they signed 35 year old Liverpool goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek as back up and they also have youth product Jodi Codina. Whilst Casillas is undoubtedly a top class goalkeeper I feel you would do well to sign a top back up such as Vincent Enyeama who, despite the fact that he'll never be as good as Casillas, he would be very strong back up.

Youngster to watch: Antonio Adan (Castilla)

Recommended Signing: Vincent Enyeama (£60k)

Recommended Sale: Jerzy Dudek

Left Backs

Whilst I'm not a big fan of him IRL Gabriel Heinz is the strongest player in the left back slot for Real, however he certainly doesn't have as strong a grip on the position as Casillas does with the Goalkeeper. Royston Drenthe is a fantastic young left back who should certainly provide strong back up until he is ready for the first XI. Marcelo however only has 10 for tackling and whilst he should improve chances are you could get at least £10m for him. Miguel Torres is half decent back up and only demands a low wage so he is worth keeping.

Youngster to watch: Royston Drenthe

Recommended Signing: Not needed

Recommended Sale: Marcelo

Right Backs

Sergio Ramos is the best Right Back in the team by a country mile, his only competition being has been Michel Salgado and Miguel Torres. Torres and Salgado should provide decent back up so IMO no signings or sales need to be made for this position.

Youngster to watch: Nacho (U19s)

Recommended Signing: None

Recommended Sale: None although selling Salgado would release £38,500 p/w in wages

Centre Backs

Pepe is probably the best centre back in the side (with the exception of Ramos who I have placed at Right back) but the choice for his partner isn't that great, Fabio Cannavaro looks quality but at 34 a replacement is definitely needed and whilst Cristoph Metzelder is decent I wouldn't really trust him as first choice, Garay is a decent prospect as well but he isn't available until next season (on loan at Racing).

Youngster to watch: Christopher Schorch

Recommended Signing: Mirel Radoi

Recommended Sale: Cristoff Metzelder would bring in a bit of money and isn't really needed.

Left Wingers

Wesley Sneijder and Arjen Robben are both good here and Marcelo would do decent in LM if you kept him but I'd recommend signing a new left winger which would enable Sneijder to go into the centre and keep Robben on the right.

Youngster to watch: Pedro Mosquera

Recommended Signing: Silva

Recommended Sale: No one

Right Wingers

Alternatively if you want to put Robben on the left you could sign Silva and place him on the right or sign someone else, my favourite being Andrei Arshavin.

Youngster to watch: Nobody of note

Recommended Signing: Andrei Arshavin

Recommended Sale: No one

Central Midfielders

Despite what the assistant says I feel that Real have a very strong Central Midfield, with a strong mix of attacking talents (Van Der Vaart, Sneijder, Guti) and defensive midfielders (Diarra, Gago, De la Red) this department is certainly full, however I feel that you could do without 31 year old Guti.

Youngster to watch: Javi Garcia

Recommended Signing: None

Recommended Sale: Guti

Strikers

Raul, Nistelrooy, Higuain and Saviola are all top strikers and you don't really need any others however for added firepower you could certainly sign a player or two as Van Nistelrooy and Raul are both into their 30s.

Youngster to watch: Higuain

Recommended Signing: Giuseppe Rossi, Balotelli

Recommended Sale: No one unless you need the money, then I'd recommend selling Saviola.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone has anything else they want in here just ask and I'll put it in. Massive credit to Matthew Le God who created the layout that I have moulded this thread around.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest roberto922

Thanks :thup: If everyone that is playing as Real Madrid can post their recommendations for transfers I'll put it on the OP, BTW I've just gone to sign Enyeama and he's not in the game \o/

I love Real almost as much as the Gunners so I'm obviously going to start a new game. Now that they have a beefed up budget, I can try and pry the players I want. The team could use a young striker. RVN and Raul are old.

How's Saviola looking in FM 09?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived