FM 09: Real Madrid: Los Merengues

Guest roberto922

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have only one transfer to deal with and my team will be complete... im looking for backup for sergio ramos. and i have two options: santon from inter azpilicueta from osasuna. my scouts tell me that santon will be better for future but after comparing both i think that azpilicueta is better. an i have a problem...

i bought Azpilicueta because he is spanish and i want to have many spanish players. i think ill buy santon during next transfer window... opare unfortunately because of my stupidity was sold... :/ my mistake. he was in castilla and they accepted transfer offer. when i saw whats happening it was too late :( but maybe its better. his minimum fee is low so i could buy him back in the future and he wil get first team experience. oh god im soo stupid :/

my current line up, 21 games into la liga,

Casillas

Ramos

Pepe

Zapata

Marcelo

Zhirkov

Dzagoev(signed 15.75, as a cm in 25 appearances, 11 goals 8 assists, av.rating of 7.29 absolute class

Van der Vaart/Sneijder

Robben

Huntelaar

Love(8 goals in 9 since joining in jan)

after 21 league games i'm 17-4-0 46 for 5 against, 7 clear of barca, about to play Zaragoze in spanish cup semi, topped champs league group(us juventus dinamo kiev steaua) with 4-1-1. things are looking very good at the moment

yeah, that sounds like something i should do, just an update, finally lost a couple of games, 0-1 to sevilla(in fairness had 6 injured players inc.casillas), and a shocking performance at Atletic, however i am still top of the table after 30 games, 4 clear of barca,into the final of the Spanish cup to play valencia, and have a 0-1 aggregate lead over lyon in the quarters,

Umm been thinking about training and using Higuian as a RM, Has anyone has success with Higuian on the wing.

I've used him there if I've had injuries, but never as a first choice. He has played well there however, but I think he is wasted when not played upfront.

Following on from my last post.

On registration day I had sold:

Raul 6m

Drenthe 9m

Metzelder 5m

Saviola 1.4m

Santa Cruz 15m

M Diarra 7.5m

I then bought:

Aquino 5m

Santon 2.5m

Balotelli 18.5m

Vela 40m

Progebnyak 13.5

As you can see, I've tried to get rid of the older players in my squad for the most part.

De La Red is back from health problems and will start for awhile to see how he does, Garay is back from loan and will provide backup to Luiz and Pepe. I also wanna try and play Parejo in a few games and get him on a good training regime to see how he develops.

My Captain is now Casillas and Vice Captain is Robben.

I wanna change from my 4-4-1 to a 4-4-2 away from home at least with the following team:

GK Casillas

RB Ramos/Santon

LB Heinze/Torres

CB Luiz/Garay

CB Pepe/Garay

RW Sneijder/Camoranesi

CM Elano/Van Der Vaart/Parejo

CM Toulalan/Gago/Diarra/De La Red

LW Robben/Marcelo

FW Vela/Balotelli

FW Huntelaar/Progebnyak/Van Nistelrooy

Will let you all know how it goes. Got another 85m in the bank incase I need to reinvest, I feel like the new strikers might be a risk but we shall find out!

Can't understand why people pay so much for these defenders. Yes they are good, but I got Diego Godin for £7.5million, and he has been as good as any other CB I've had on the game.

Well I did have £120 mil transfer budget so money wasn't really an option for me, I need two young quality CB's so these two looked my best bet. Although I did try for Albiol but not for the £50 mil Valencia wanted.

Doubtful to spend anything on defenders now in this game, these will last me a good 10 years at least unless they wish to leave.

Finished my first season with real and won all four competitions i enterd. I didn't win the league until after the 2nd last game of the season as Barca was doing just as well.Finished with 98p and Barca 94 I think. They got both Messi and Eto injured when there was about 5 games left of the seasons that's probably a big reason why they struggled in the last bit.

The championsleague final I played against Lyon that I won on overtime after 2 goals from Camoranessi!

The semi-final was a thriller against Barca. I won first leg with 1-0 home and then they won 2nd with 1-0 so we went into overtime and I got both Ramos and Heinze sent off so i just played as tight as I could and hoped for a penalty shot-out wich I managed to get. There Casillas saved the first 2 penalties and only conceded the 3rd but as we scored on all our chances we won!

For the 2nd season I've been gives 150m to buy for so I'll definatley look to strenghten the squad as many are getting old.

This was the line-up I used for the 1st season:

GK: Casillas

LB: Chiellini (Heinze) Chiellini came in January so heinze played all CL-games.

CB: Pepe and Cannavaro (Chiellini and Ramos)

RB: Ramos (Miguel Torres)

MC: Toulalan and Sneijder (Gago, Van der Vaart, M Diarra, de la red)

AMR: Camoranessi(Was totally awesome last season, he and casillas was probably my best players) Higuain only other option

AML: Robben (Vela)

Forwards: Raul and Van Nistlerooy (Huntelaar, Higuain)

Anyone got any suggestions on how to improve the squad. I'll continue to play 4-2-2-2 or 4-2-3-1, haven't really decided.

Just started the 2nd season.

Signings.

IN:

C. Ronaldo 115m :)

D. Villa 100m

F. Fazio 22m

R. Söder 1.2m Swedish youngster, can become good but I just bought him because he's swedish really.

Ángel 400k Regen with potential to be as good as Casillas

OUT:

R. Van der Vaart 18.5m

M. Diarra 17.5m

J. Saviola 8.5m

And some less intresting players.

I was given another 40m to buy players for before the season began so I had a total of 200m to shop with. I'm also still way under the wage budget. Maybe was a bit uneccesary signins but hey, it's fun :) But really, the AI wanted crazy sums for all good player so I couldn't really have gone much cheaper anyways.

I play with a 4-2-2-2 that looks like this:

tacticd.jpg

- 1 tall CB with great heading and another more pacey CB

- Fullbacks with a defensive mentality and very little creative freedom but with Often on Forward Runs and Cross ball, so that's pretty much all they will do (Sergio Ramos has 19 in heading so don't forget to set him to Challenge GK on corners for lots of goals). They don't really get a lot of assists, but help immensely the wingers in attack.

- Left CM with a defensive mentality and little creative freedom, with Hold up Ball ticked but all other stuff like Forward Runs and Run with Ball on Rarely. Right CM is the creative one, with Normal Mentality and Much Creative Freedom, forward runs often, run with ball and through balls mixed. Long shots often. Right CM gets Free Role. These settings are my design to get as much as possible out of Sneijder, who I love in this position, and with long shots often, in 34 games he had 21 goals and 12 assists, MoM 12. As you can see above, he also got 7.51 avg rating.

- Both wingers with free roles with Often on Forward Runs, Run with Ball and Cross Ball, since it's from crosses that you get most goals in FM09. They will get loads of assists (especially Srna because he will also be taking your corners).

- With the strikers I don't get too crazy since all I want from them is goals. That means one of them some notches below the other one in the Attacking Mentality, passing style Direct, and Little to Normal Creative Freedom.

Hope this helps. Don't forget that team morale is very important in FM09, and all my players with Superb Morale helped a lot with the results. Keep the morale up!

r u playing 9.0.3? how good is Srna as AMR? i just checked that Srna is not a natural winger (i.e. AMR/L) in the latest version, so i am wondering if i should get him. If not, who do you guys recommend? I'm playing virtually the same tactic as coelho, except my MCa do not have forward runs set to often. thanks

Guest roberto922

To keep the thread tidy and lag free, from page 4 onwards can we keep images in links only please.

Hey,

I've just finished a 2 player season. I'm Real Madrid and he's barcelona.

Won the League and champions league which is pretty good :) plus i only conceded 10 goals in the league :D. Got quite a few 1-0's was really good. Not sure how many i scored the save is on my mates laptop which i dont have access to right now.

I bought in:

Agger - 15M

Bodmer - 13M

Hugo Almeida - 7M

Cacares - 4M

Pasquale - 3M

Jan:

Kuyt - 17M

Beckham - 3M

Sold:

Van Nistelrooy - 17M

Diarra - 7M? - (mahamoud)

Guti - 5M

Heinze - 12M

Metzelder - ?

Probs a few transfers i missed out.

I play a flat 4-4-2 and i enjoy it but next season i would like more goals although im sure this will mean sacrificing some of my defenive prowess! So i'm going to switch to a diamond 4-4-2 with wingers out wide and cutting inside which i have done before and enjoy very much!

Pretty much everyone contributed to the goals... rotated my strikers, sneijder and higuain the pick of the bunch though!

Not sure if i should keep de la red though in new season as i have gago and diarra and bodmer as mids.

looking to get rid of these now for definite because i don't want or they are unhappy:

Faubert

v. der vaart

Pasquale

Cannavaro

Cacares

Beckham

Now im looking to bring in 1 or 2 of these... and wanted some advice on the amount and how good they are?

Ribery - can you realistically get him? Silva - will he be too expensive? don't really want to pay more then 30M on any player! does he play well on the right? so he can cut in? on 09 he isnt accomplished like he is on 08 on the right hand side

Aguero - again same as silva! I'm also interested in Forlan but only if i decide to part with huntelaar!

Gourcuff - I really like this player in real life i think he would be a good signing

Nasri - Either him or gourcuff would be nice!

Hey,

I've just finished a 2 player season. I'm Real Madrid and he's barcelona.

Won the League and champions league which is pretty good :) plus i only conceded 10 goals in the league :D. Got quite a few 1-0's was really good. Not sure how many i scored the save is on my mates laptop which i dont have access to right now.

I bought in:

Agger - 15M

Bodmer - 13M

Hugo Almeida - 7M

Cacares - 4M

Pasquale - 3M

Jan:

Kuyt - 17M

Beckham - 3M

Sold:

Van Nistelrooy - 17M

Diarra - 7M? - (mahamoud)

Guti - 5M

Heinze - 12M

Metzelder - ?

Probs a few transfers i missed out.

I play a flat 4-4-2 and i enjoy it but next season i would like more goals although im sure this will mean sacrificing some of my defenive prowess! So i'm going to switch to a diamond 4-4-2 with wingers out wide and cutting inside which i have done before and enjoy very much!

Pretty much everyone contributed to the goals... rotated my strikers, sneijder and higuain the pick of the bunch though!

Not sure if i should keep de la red though in new season as i have gago and diarra and bodmer as mids.

looking to get rid of these now for definite because i don't want or they are unhappy:

Faubert

v. der vaart

Pasquale

Cannavaro

Cacares

Beckham

Now im looking to bring in 1 or 2 of these... and wanted some advice on the amount and how good they are?

Ribery - can you realistically get him? Silva - will he be too expensive? don't really want to pay more then 30M on any player! does he play well on the right? so he can cut in? on 09 he isnt accomplished like he is on 08 on the right hand side

Aguero - again same as silva! I'm also interested in Forlan but only if i decide to part with huntelaar!

Gourcuff - I really like this player in real life i think he would be a good signing

Nasri - Either him or gourcuff would be nice!

Van Der Vaart is awesome if you train him as AMR for cutting in and scoring a shed load of goals, have him on mix everything with lots of through balls and about 15 of creative freedome, mixed forward runs, he outplays snjeider there for me.

he did score a screamer from like 40 yards out from the right which looked impossible once but then missed 2 pens in a row in 2 games.. 1 being against my friend which meant we lost :( so now he's out of favour

Damn he's usally reliable at pens too! Well if youhave chance to play him there again give him a go, definitely works well hitting long curlers!

he did score a screamer from like 40 yards out from the right which looked impossible once but then missed 2 pens in a row in 2 games.. 1 being against my friend which meant we lost :( so now he's out of favour

Thats just bad luck mate.

Not when he hit it down the middle both times... again iv'e said before penalties aren't quite right. Players tend to hit pens down the middle quite a lot... you don't see many with player putting it one corner and keeper going completely to the other... or even a pen to the side that isn't executed very well and the keeper saving it. Anytime i've missed a pen its been because the player has gone right down the middle and the keeper stayed there or he blasted it over! Surely when a player missed their last penalty by putting it in the middle the next time they would try putting it into one of the corners atleast!

Arrgh

2nd season, need a winger. I waddled around and didn't bid for Guardado, when I did Barca came around and he chose them!!!

Now I need a winger, I have Robben (who spent 74 days injured last season) and I'm also using Balotelli as a winger

Now my choices are

Mata (not as world class as Guardado but nice and can do the left wing while Robben is on the right) for 16.75 mil (his release fee is 17.75)

Carlos Vela (I used him as a winger on my 9.02 for Mancity) I think my last scouting report said he was avialable for 20 mil

Freddy Adu, Ben Arfa, and Obertan are also some choices who are under 20 mil

Oh and I bought Kroos for 15 mil. who can be retrained to AMR but obviously he's very similar to VDV whom I didn't retrain since he's slow and doesn't have the flair or speed for the position

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm trying to create a new era of galaticos for Real Madrid with the likes of Rooney and Ronaldo's generation just for fun.

After the 1st season, I got Ronaldo for 76m pounds and benzema for 30m pounds.

After the 2nd season, got Rooney for 76m and fabregas for 100m.

Currently in the 3rd season, the galacticos i considered in my team are Rooney, C.Ronaldo, Fabregas, S.Ramos, Benzema, Casillas, Robben. I also have the likes of Balotelli, Bale, Higuain, Marcelo etc.. but i dun consider them galaticos.

My next Target is Messi, just waiting for his minimum release fee to hit 35.5m and i'll snap him up.

Just wondering if there are any other Galacticos in the Rooney Fabregas generation, especially defenders.

Can't seem to think of any which comes to mind.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Guest roberto922
My next Target is Messi, just waiting for his minimum release fee to hit 35.5m and i'll snap him up.

And that will happen magically overnight? :D

Guest roberto922

On the subject of Galacticos, theres the obvious ones like Kaka, Totti, Ibrahimovic etc. and then on the defensive side I'd say Rio, Puyol, Terry et al have the biggest reputations out of the centre backs in the world imo, I'm sure others can find more though

Usually during the 3rd or after the 3rd season when he signs a new contract, the minimum fee will be 35.5m. Have been seeing that in alot of games so far and have actually also signed him for that. yup =)

r u playing 9.0.3? how good is Srna as AMR? i just checked that Srna is not a natural winger (i.e. AMR/L) in the latest version, so i am wondering if i should get him. If not, who do you guys recommend? I'm playing virtually the same tactic as coelho, except my MCa do not have forward runs set to often. thanks

Yep, 9.0.3. Srna is a natural WB, but in my opinion he plays much better as a AMR or MR than a DR, his defensive stats just aren't that good whilr in attack he is a beast. Get him on MR or AMR position training and in a few months he becomes accomplished in any of those roles.

• 2 weeks later...

just started as manager here and the window is shut now ive signed toulalan, feghouli, sakho, vela, negredo, Remyn i have loaned out de la red and have sold. marcelo, codina, metzelder, Van Nistelrooy. i want an opinion on these signings thanks.

Archived