Transfers related suggestions

ClemB

1. Be able to make a loan offer outside the transfer window (like a transfer offer)

2. Be able to tick both boxes reject all transfer offers and reject all loan offers

3. Sometimes our president will accept an offer for a player without us agreeing because he finds the offer too big to be rejected. Fine, this is realistic. But why does this never happen for teams controlled by the AI? It should.

4. One of my player has an asking price of 150M$. He's worth 2M$ so it indicates he's not for sale. But i keep receiving offers around 2M$. We should be able to make it clear with the player's agent that the player is not for sale under X $ and offers below this amount will not be even considered. I am managing a danish team and the transfer window take ages because i receive 30 offers daily for players I don't want to sell at any price.

5. Stop the locking clauses in contract negociations. Again with my danish team, contract negociations are extremely difficult because i've world class players asking for contracts with release clauses below 5M$ and its locked. In case of a huge salary rise, i believe the player would accept a higher release clause or accept to remove it.

#1 is so important! I've raised this issue multiple times myself.

#3 is a great point, too.

#5 is also very annoying. I get that there are parts of negotiations that agents are very set on but the locking mechanism isn't great, there is always a chance to give a counteroffer without something one party demands, even if it is subsequently rejected.

4 hours ago, ClemB said:

i've world class players asking for contracts with release clauses below 5M$ and its locked. In case of a huge salary rise, i believe the player would accept a higher release clause or accept to remove it

If that were the case, the padlock would be unticked, or highlighted in orange instead of red to show that there is room for negotiation. The fact it's red shows that they would not consider anything else, basically because they want to leave to a better/more reputable club. Just like real life.

4 hours ago, ClemB said:

4. One of my player has an asking price of 150M$. He's worth 2M$ so it indicates he's not for sale. But i keep receiving offers around 2M$. We should be able to make it clear with the player's agent that the player is not for sale under X $ and offers below this amount will not be even considered. I am managing a danish team and the transfer window take ages because i receive 30 offers daily for players I don't want to sell at any price

Yea, it's annoying. But it's also a method that you can use to unsettle other teams players. Because that's what's happening, other club are doing that to unsettle your players to force you into selling for a cheaper fee. You can choose to reject all bids below a certain amount already though, the option is there.

4 hours ago, ClemB said:

3. Sometimes our president will accept an offer for a player without us agreeing because he finds the offer too big to be rejected. Fine, this is realistic. But why does this never happen for teams controlled by the AI?

It certainly used to. Maybe you just haven't offered enough? I might give it a go later. I agree that it should be a thing again if it's not.

• 2 months later...
On 13/08/2018 at 06:31, ClemB said:

1. Be able to make a loan offer outside the transfer window (like a transfer offer)

I'm trying to find the post where someone asked for evidence of this happening and I didn't have any examples on-hand but I can't find it...

Anyway, I've run the numbers now, and as far as I can tell, the top leagues had the below number of loan deals prearranged on or before the day the window opened. Note this does not include smaller leagues where loaning is far more common and crucial. Please fix this before FM19 comes out!

England, 39: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_transfers_summer_2018

Italy, 16: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Italian_football_transfers_summer_2018

Spain, 9: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Spanish_football_transfers_summer_2018

17 minutes ago, Weston said:

I'm trying to find the post where someone asked for evidence of this happening and I didn't have any examples on-hand but I can't find it...

Anyway, I've run the numbers now, and as far as I can tell, the top leagues had the below number of loan deals prearranged on or before the day the window opened. Note this does not include smaller leagues where loaning is far more common and crucial. Please fix this before FM19 comes out!

England, 39: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_transfers_summer_2018

Italy, 16: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Italian_football_transfers_summer_2018 

Spain, 9: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Spanish_football_transfers_summer_2018 

Not sure where you are getting the 39 for England from? According to that page the English window opened on the 17th May and the first loan didn't happen until 10 days later. Whilst most of the Italian ones are loan renewals which you can already do ahead of the window opening, the exceptions seem to be a couple of loans with obligations to buy. Whilst the Spanish link didn't work.

7 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Not sure where you are getting the 39 for England from? According to that page the English window opened on the 17th May and the first loan didn't happen until 10 days later. Whilst most of the Italian ones are loan renewals which you can already do ahead of the window opening, the exceptions seem to be a couple of loans with obligations to buy. Whilst the Spanish link didn't work.

The Spanish link is working for me, I think maybe when you copied it you accidentally included space on the end or something? I'm not sure why they're not functioning as hyperlinks. You can google the list if all else fails.

As for the England number you're right, I realize now that's a mistake on my part. However, even in just the first few lines I see a loan confirmed to a German club on 27 May when their window doesn't open until 1 July, and a loan confirmed to a Scottish club on 7 June when their window doesn't open until 9 June.

The point is it does clearly happen, and the loans listed here are just the dates the deals were officially confirmed - without a doubt many of these began negotiations prior even if they're not finalized until after, especially in smaller leagues not listed here where teams are more reliant on loanees. Simply put, real life shows we should be able to negotiate and confirm loan deals before the window opens, and if the game already handles/allows transfers and loan renewals before the window, surely this is a relatively simple addition, no? It just doesn't make sense to have one and not the other - why accommodate only half of transfer activity?

I've raised the #1 point few times, because it's vital for countries like Poland to make a loan early enough to bring the player to the training camp (which is in late january). So the 1st February should be the date for 'official annoucement' or registration but the 'agreement' should be made earlier. Because I can't loan good/cover players while almost every 'good' country can.

54 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

I've raised the #1 point few times, because it's vital for countries like Poland to make a loan early enough to bring the player to the training camp (which is in late january). So the 1st February should be the date for 'official annoucement' or registration but the 'agreement' should be made earlier. Because I can't loan good/cover players while almost every 'good' country can.

Absolutely agreed. I want to be excited about new features (and I am!) but the whole experience has been soured a bit to see FM continue to make cosmetic or strategic changes but continue to flat-out ignore a simple, straight-forward, real aspect of football that is just inexplicably left out completely.

Why can I tell my team what kind of specific training exercise to do at 1:30 PM on a Monday before I can arrange a loan deal properly?? :seagull:

• 3 weeks later...

@Ben Kenney I really appreciate you helping us in the other thread about disabling the first transfer window so I wanted to ask you about this as well, if I could. Do you know if there is any development at all in fixing the unrealistic blocking of pre-negotiations for loans in the same way the game allows pre-negotiations for transfers? This issue has been raised countless times in this forum for some years now with little to no attention paid to it, and I was just wondering if I should hold any hope for it being fixed in the full release.

1 hour ago, Ben Kenney said:

I'm afraid this wont be making it in to FM19. A feature request has been added for this for this to be added any potential future versions though. 

Cheers,

Ben

Thank you for your reply, hopefully we will get it for FM20!

• 1 month later...

Archived