[FM18] This is The One: Madchester's Back!

smp20

6 hours ago, zlatanera said:

How fast do you reckon you can beat Charlton's league goals and Rooney's overall? Is he scoring for England?

Also, I may have missed a post but I've never seen anyone in the United threads develop Ethan Laird, do you have a screenshot? Same with Gomes, Demetri Mitchell and Ro-Shaun Williams. 

He's on 114 goals currently - so I reckon 3 more full seasons after this one and he will have got to 200 and broken Charton's record. Not sure what Rooney's tally is mind.

I have to say I'd never even heard of Laird before this save :lol:. You can see their SS on the squad post from 2019/20 - but will do some more up to date ones in a little while.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, smp20 said:

He's on 114 goals currently - so I reckon 3 more full seasons after this one and he will have got to 200 and broken Charton's record. Not sure what Rooney's tally is mind.

I have to say I'd never even heard of Laird before this save :lol:. You can see their SS on the squad post from 2019/20 - but will do some more up to date ones in a little while.

That's pretty good going! A man can dream he'd be that good in real life...

Rooney *only* got 183 league goals but thanks to reaching so many finals he has 253 in all competitions.

Yeah I think Laird might have had a slight bump in the update database, although when I looked in my old save (original database) he still was one of the better prospects, I just hadn't developed him due to having Valencia, Shaw and Tierney (all with high Stamina) to cover 2 full back positions.

4 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

Yeah I think Laird might have had a slight bump in the update database, although when I looked in my old save (original database) he still was one of the better prospects

Laird certainly looks a prospect (although maybe not at Man Utd in the Prem). He's certainly on my radar for Championship clubs, although I haven't signed him yet. I have signed Joe Riley on multiple saves and he usually does well at lower levels.

Edit to add: In one United save an injury crisis at RB meant I had to play Riley for a couple of months in the Premiership and while he wasn't brilliant, he certainly didn't disgrace himself. I believe he has a random PA, though.

10 minutes ago, warlock said:

Laird certainly looks a prospect (although maybe not at Man Utd in the Prem). He's certainly on my radar for Championship clubs, although I haven't signed him yet. I have signed Joe Riley on multiple saves and he usually does well at lower levels.

Edit to add: In one United save an injury crisis at RB meant I had to play Riley for a couple of months in the Premiership and while he wasn't brilliant, he certainly didn't disgrace himself. I believe he has a random PA, though.

Yeah definitely. I'd been trying to start a United save and using "quick start" once I had the setup right to try get a combination I was happy with of high natural fitness for McTominay, Laird, Gomes and Chong and decent judging PA / PP for Nicky Butt, and Riley was rated slightly differently every time.

Apologies to those that were following this but unfortunately I've lost interest in this save :(. It had become easier than I wanted, and I enjoy a challenge. It was good while I was trying to work out my tactics.

• 2 months later...

Archived