FM 2009: Official AC Milan Thread - Rebuilding Needed?

Sir frosinone

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah he could be good alright what about buyin an AMC then turning him into a Pirloesque player?

Maybe, not sure that any italians immediately spring to mind but Thiago Neves, Skjelbred, Krancjar, Stephen Ireland or Diego might do the job but to be honest I think Iniesta would be the best bet. He'll never leave Barca though. As I said before I think Cigarini is a real good option

I got feeders with Cardiff, valladoid, AIK, St. Etien, Dinamo Moskow, B. girli (or something like that, turkish club).

By the way, I play 4-1-2-1-2. Buy Maggio from Naoli. Fan's player of the year three consecutive times... avg 7.5

9.3.0. Take it everything changed in the new patch huh?

No, I just had to check you weren’t on 9.2.0 and had the AMC bug. Now for the AMC slot, try this CF - 15. Passing - First notch of direct. Free Role Ticked. Run with ball - Often. FR - Often or Mixed. Long shots - Mixed. Cross ball - None. Through balls - Often.

thiago silva is transfered, but he can't play for a year...

That's because the Non EU slots were filled in real life for this season, so he can't be registered so that was employed in the game. It was similar in a previous FM when Pato first signed.

sir frosinone, do you reckon you could post a couple of screenshots of bocchetti and flocari? just to see what they look like?

No Bother mate wont be playing till prob Tuesday i hve to do an end of seson update and start of second season update so ill do it then mate,

Flocari has been good enough he is only bck up but has 3 positions so a usfull player but the fans have him as a favorite,

Last season went ok as i said above we undeachieved in the Ueafa Cup and the coppa italia but we put those disapointments behind us to clinch the title which was after all our main aim so i was pleased with that oucome,

Kaka won player of the year and also finished as the leagues second top scorer with Pato pcking up the young player of the year award and Giovincio the italian player of the year,

Season 09/10

Ok so the second season starts now, i was rewarded with a new contract worth £115k a week which i was more thn happy to acept, I told the board that i would win the league again and retain our trophy and for this we were given a £130m budget which was more than enough to cover the rejuvination of the squad, my next task was now to look through the squad and asses who was needed and who was definatly not needed, i had already agreed the moves of Gianpaolo Pazzini, Dominico Crisito and Diego. all of whom were going to be extremly important additions for the future of the club. Our assult on thechampions league would be our greatest challange with Madrid winning last season compitition they now moved an extra cup ahead but within the next 8 years i hope to overtake them, i have some big ambitions.

Transfers In/Out

http://img162.imageshack.us/my.php?image=04212009193403.png

Linking code copied to clipboard

I didnt really have any intention of selling Ronaldinho but when Barca offered £3om i though it was just to good to turn down as he was nearly 30 and i replaced him with the italian Cassano.

De Rossi will turn into the spine of my new look team as he will boss the midfield and i think it was a great deal as Pirlo only played 5 games in the league for me last season,

Seire A

The league has started well this season with usalready sitting clear at the top of the table after just 3 games we are already 2 points clear of Fiorentina scoring 5 goals and conceeding 0. next up i an away game to Lazio and i am hopeing we can keep up our good start.

i think the combination of Paloschi and Pato will be key for us this season although we have a lot more strenght in dept this season, i am hopein for a big season from salvatore Bochetti nd mayb he will break into the full Azzuri squad,

Champions League

We were given an easy enough group to start off with we were drawn against

Dinamo Kiev

Otlelul

HSV

Milan

We drew our first game 1-1 at home to Kiev i was lived with my players as they conceded a stupid goal in the dying minutes of the game.

My Squad

http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=04212009194356.png

I didnt invest in a new 1st choice keeper as i couldnt find a good enough italian and i think Abbiati has another couple of good seasons in him,

So advice and opinions wanted and welcome as always,

Sergio Flocari

http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=04212009195048.png

Salvatore Bochetti

http://img50.imageshack.us/my.php?image=04212009194937.png

Does anyone else seem to have problems with Pato's fitness? He gets injured at least in 1 of every 3 matches. He's played only 18 games out of 46 so far this season and im getting really annoyed with having to play without my best FC for most of the season. Also does anyone know why Kaka frequently gets the worse match rating out of everyone on the pitch, even subs! On a positive note though Ronaldinho is just amazing at LM, at the moment is my teams top goalscorer,most assists and

most MOM

I have Pato closing down in 'own half', training schedule is 2 notches below high, his Nat. Fitness is 15 and im using 9.0.3

Hmm, that is strange then. I've never had a problem with him getting little injuries every so often. Everything seems to be fine with what you said; I guess it’s just one of those things.

I guess im just gonna have to put up with it then, got enough cover though. Anyone know why Kaka gets such low ratings then?I play him at CM and give him a free role and high creative freedom. Finished the 1st season and he only had 4 goals & 6 assists in 51 games.

I'm just coming towards the end of my second season and the Paloschi co-ownership deal will have to be sorted out.

So I've got 2 questions: 1) How much have others paid to secure him and 2) Is he good enough to start, or better as a rotation striker.

I currently have Borriello, Giuseppe Rossi, Pato and Hoarau up front.

Cheers

No, I just had to check you weren’t on 9.2.0 and had the AMC bug. Now for the AMC slot, try this CF - 15. Passing - First notch of direct. Free Role Ticked. Run with ball - Often. FR - Often or Mixed. Long shots - Mixed. Cross ball - None. Through balls - Often.

That's because the Non EU slots were filled in real life for this season, so he can't be registered so that was employed in the game. It was similar in a previous FM when Pato first signed.

Dude that worked an absolute treat!! In my board summary for the month, it actualy says - "This has been undelined by the fans' belief that your management is getting the best out of Kaká"!! How awesome. Cheers dude!

Dude that worked an absolute treat!! In my board summary for the month, it actualy says - "This has been undelined by the fans' belief that your management is getting the best out of Kaká"!! How awesome. Cheers dude!

You sound surprised, where was the faith? ;)

Anyway no problem; your welcome. :thup:

You sound surprised, where was the faith? ;)

Anyway no problem; your welcome. :thup:

Well to be honest, ive always thought that Kaka wouldnt need instructions, he just the best player in the world (maybe that small argentine is, but i love him too) so i thought i could just tick Free Role and that would be that. But no, it wasnt but now he is just SUPREME. I cant believe the board even mention it lol. I also give Flamini those same instructions in the MC position when Kaka isnt on and he is just as awesome. Ill come to you if i have any more positioning woes :p

Question: I was playing as Nice in France, Juventus job became available - i applied for it then Nice sacked me!! I thought that's ok i will be Juventus! but then Milan approached me!

So i looked at the team -it is July 2011. Team is ok but transfer budget is Euro 271m!!!!!!

I took job and it is still that amount!!!

I looked in transfers there are a couple of big sales - sanchez 11m, merkel 15m last season but 1 big signing Palacio 21.5m (all euro)

Is this weird or is that normal that a team should have such a high transfer kitty + balance is only 296m so 271m in transfers?!?!?!?

Anyway I will go into the transfer and spend - hope i dont get the boot for going crazy!

Hiya, im now starting again with Milan, after my last one got corrupted and i won back 2 back Serie A too. I was just wondering who to play in CM? Im going to go with a 4-2-3-1 (2xCM, AML, AMR, AMC). I plan to definetly use Flamini but i need to know who to play with him. I also wanna know a good AMR to get for them, around £10mil for him. Thanks

Hi all,

I have just finished my 1st season with Milan in 9.0.3. Earlier I had played upto 2012 in 9.0.2. I always play without any transfer budget initially. This helps me to mirror the reality exactly as it was in 2008 June.

This time round, I was really upset with the default SI database. So I chose the FMF Database Update V4. The thing about this database is that all the players start off as injury free for all teams. Also Beckham is in Milan for the whole year. I started on large database with English, Italian, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese & Russian leagues on along with all players from Brazil and Argentina.

Tactics:

I have used 5 variations for 2 formations: 4-3-1-2 and 4-3-2-1. The 5 variations depending on match situation and opponent are Control, Attack, Balanced, Counter & Defend.

Transfers:

Since I didnt start with any transfer funds, I could only buy players/staff for free. This time round, Milan's staff are absolute crap. I fired most of the coaches keeping only Tasotti, Vecchi, Tognacini, Tillson & Stroppa.

I got the following coaches on free:

Ollie Kahn, Walter Novellino, Chico Fraga, Ivan Carminati, Alexandre Irineu, Maurizio Cristaldi, Eder Aleixo, Roberto Gaucho, Guillaume Besse & Ray Clemence

After I got my 1st installment of money (always ask for it after the 1st weekend of October) I fired the inefficient scouts Aubameyang, Buriani, Ba & Serginho and got Wil Rodrigues, Albuquerque, Andre, Husnija Fazlic, Mino Favini, Renatinho & Frank passi.

I bought only 2 players for free. Vaclav Kadlec and Lequi. Rest I reinforced in January transfers.

3454939_1058x782.jpg

Season:

I started very conservatively as I wasn't sure how Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf would play and how Pato would mature. I was also afraid of the injuries that have plagues Milan IRL. However the itinerary was kind to me and I didnt face any direct rival till October, though my 1st match was at home to Roma.

Overall my league performance was exceptional with Ronaldinho and kaka in sublime form (all the more reason for my 4-3-2-1 formation) Even Shevchenko stepped in when required.

3455024_1058x782.jpg

Along the way my team showed great determination and have won 5-6 matches in the last 5 minutes. Also I havent lost any match in the last 10 minutes relaxation.

In Coppa Italia, my semi with Napoli was interesting. In the 1st away match I lost after total domination and about 20 SOT. I was calm after this. The return leg happened after a month. And this time round, again we had 20 shots even though I had rested Ronnie and Kaka. Sheva alone scored both goals and we were in final.

The Uefa cup had its moment when we won 5-1 at home against Everton and then rested all 1st team players and lost 3-0 away. One more goal and we would have lost. That was a pivotal moment in the season and we won home and away to bayern in semis. The final was very rough with kaka limping out after 30 minutes. By that time he had already given us a lead. However Porto equalised and it went to tie breaker and then to sudden death. We won 8-7 finally!!!

My signing of the season was clearly Papa Gueye from Metalist. Absolute brute defender who would also play Dm and score goals.

3455133_1058x782.jpg

I have invested for the future with Fleck, Mazzarini, Fiorillo, Mattock, Diame, Ander, Neymar & Ruben Rochina.

Next Season plans

For next season, I have already bought Balotelli (he was transfer listed at 10m Euro), Zapata (again transfer listed) Co-owned Santacroce,co-owned Viola,bought Rusotto & Marilungo.

My other target is a world class GK. I want Rene Adler!! he is still staying loyal to Leverkusen after they had accepted my 30m euro bid. But this season I should get him. If I dont get him, I want Mandanda or Benaglio. Although Abbiati won best GK in league this year, he wont do in CL.

I also want Giuseppe Rossi (his minimum fee release clause is 20m euro)

With Rossi and Paloschi back from co-ownership, i think my attack is safe for 2-3 years.

My defence is suitably strong now with Thiago Silva, Zapata, nesta, Bonera & Santacroce.

I am hoping to sell Seedorf as Gourcuff would be back.

I also plan to play with 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2 formation since this year I would have many midfielders (DM and AM)

I would keep updating about my seasons.

Archived