[Suggestion] Additional Leagues and Divisions

kandersson

I would like to request the following divisions for future FM games as I feel they would add a lot to the already existing leagues in FM. Because of their nature they seem to be particularly hard to create or edit for users so it would be much better if they were officially available form the start.

- USA United Soccer League (USL): after the collapse of NASL this is de facto the second tier of football in USA. While there's no promotion/relegation in the american system, USL is a big part of football development for american clubs and most importantly MLS 'B' teams play in this division. The addition of USL would also make MLS saves more interesting and complete.

- Brazilian Fourth National Division (Série D): would be particularly fun because having the fourth division playable (with real life qualification from state championship) would basically mean every single club from any small state championship would also be playable from the start. Right now we can only holiday first season and save/reload until the desired club gets the promotion to third division at the start of next season. Would be awesome to start as a small club in a small state championship like Amazonas or Roraima, then qualify for fourth division from there and go all the way to first division. Would definitely make my brazilian saves more fun!

- New Zealand league: Oceania is the only continent with no playable leagues in FM and I feel this needs to change (Pentagon Challenge anyone?). New Zealand club and country saves are a personal favorite of mine, plus the 'B' team of Wellington Phoenix (A-League) also play in this league so having it playable makes even more sense.

Hopefully this will be considered, these leagues would add a lot to the game in my opinion.

I was just about to make a thread on this very subject here. I agree there should be additional  standard default leagues, and I agree with 2 out of 3 of your suggestions. Not sure there would be much demand for American non league  with no promotion possibilities though.

My suggestions for possible new countrys to add limited to the top 10:

New Zealand

Cyprus (I think this is the most urgent pick given Cypriot clubs relative success at European level recently)

Azerbaijan

Kazakhstan

Qatar

UAE

Bosnia

Ecuador

Paraguay

Bolivia

for existing countries to have lower or additional divisions covered (again limited to 10):

Brazil

Scotland

England

Peru

India  (IPL)

Wales

Germany

Netherlands

Portugal

Argentina

I know that realistically its a case of getting enough research staff  n that particular country (which would be difficult in countries with interesting leagues but in troubled times like Egypt) and that it would take a long time to add just a couple of my suggestions. I know we have excellent modders like Claassen who make all leagues playable, but anything to reduce their workload (i,e, having to sort out all leagues after data updates like the one last month) and make those leagues more stable would be something we all welcome. I also think it would be a great benefit for the game as a whole to have more default leagues due to the level of detail (more accurate player stats, real awards, more realistic league conditions) and a smoother gaming experience all round.

I think USL would be important for MLS saves as with the roster/cap rules teams often loan out several young players to their B teams every year (AI does this a lot too as players would be automatically waived otherwise). USL teams can still win the national cup and qualify for NACL and even CWC so that can also be a challenge. Having the B teams in a playable league would certainly help the development of players for MLS clubs.

Having new leagues would always be nice, in my opinion these three in particular would add a lot to the already existing ones (because of particular format, B teams and connections to other countries) especially as I have a personal preference to manage in those countries!

On 07/04/2018 at 15:12, kandersson said:

- USA United Soccer League (USL): after the collapse of NASL this is de facto the second tier of football in USA. While there's no promotion/relegation in the american system, USL is a big part of football development for american clubs and most importantly MLS 'B' teams play in this division. The addition of USL would also make MLS saves more interesting and complete

NASL died? Some known brazilians players like Adriano were in one of those teams

I am more agree about the Brasileirão Serie D. But you know what would make, IMO, Brazilian Football more interesting? Add some lower state divisions/state cups and the Copa São Paulo JR 

I support strongly to complete the South America leagues and Japan, but the last one is more a dream.

• 6 months later...
On 08/04/2018 at 06:12, kandersson said:

New Zealand league: Oceania is the only continent with no playable leagues in FM and I feel this needs to change (Pentagon Challenge anyone?). New Zealand club and country saves are a personal favorite of mine, plus the 'B' team of Wellington Phoenix (A-League) also play in this league so having it playable makes even more sense.

THIS THIS THIS - About time Si opened there eyes and started to give a damn about other countries. NZ is the major nation in Oceania and the NZ Premiership should be at least made playable especially as you have mentioned it would make playing as the Phoenix more enjoyable because the reserves would actually play in a league. Also 2 clubs qualify from this league to the Oceania CL and thus the Club World Cup! 

• 1 month later...

Archived