Fm09 is just a new patch!!!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you are a liar. I don't like to flame or be rude on these boards, but I do not for a minute believe you have 20 friends who cannot play the game.

LMAO

Thought that would be difficult for you to relate to. When you run a 5-aside league and follow your home team home and away, having 20 friends is the norm. Like most of the people on this forum you probably sit with a team scarf on interviewing yourself in the mirror while confessing you're love to a laptop. He he

LMAO

Thought that would be difficult for you to relate to. When you run a 5-aside league and follow your home team home and away, having 20 friends is the norm. Like most of the people on this forum you probably sit with a team scarf on interviewing yourself in the mirror while confessing you're love to a laptop. He he

I don't spend most of my life trolling forums with pointless threads, unlike some people I could mention. Have you managed to get all 20 of those "friends" to post their dxdiags up in the thread in the bugs forum yet? Or were you one of the people who didn't actually have ANY graphics drivers installed?

If you come on here and start acting like a prat, I wouldn't be surprised by people reacting badly to you. Since you seem to hate SI so much I'm not even sure why you take such an interest in the game in the first place or why you're even here.

I'm not saying the game's perfect as stands - I've posted glitches on the bugs forum, which is actually helpful. The sort of crap that you come out with isn't. Attacking 'most of the people on this forum' not only makes your post even more useless but is a thinly disguised attempt to set up a flamewar. I'm not going to respond to your insults.

I suggest you comment constructively or just stop.

LMAO

What? No apology for wasting everybody's time?

I have played these games since the beginning from the 80's. I have got loads of people into FM. I have a PC and 2 laptops, one bought last week. The 3D works on none of them. My 20 friends can't get it working either. Therefore, for most of the players of FM, there will be no 3D! This makes FM09 just a new patch on the last game and SI are charging us £30 for it. Disgusting. For those who can't get 3D, it should be given to us free!

Here is another post from this Guy

Tyler_bode

Amateur

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just downloaded the demo. I have to say the game is unbelievable. Be as well kissing the next year of my life goodbye. What do people think of it themselves. For me the 3D is better than watching real football.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total contradiction between post's, it's this type of thing and the ongoing opening of post's on the same subject that makes this furum not the most constructive place to be at the present time.

LMAO

its not the fact that you have 20 friends he was disputing, its the fact that you claim there were 20 other people you knew who also couldnt get the 3D feature working. So i reckon you must be exaggerating the extent of the problems they have had, or you have just plucked a figure out of the air to support your argument.

Either way you're full of it mate, for a start CM wasnt around in the 80s, of course the new version is a 'patch' to some extent (do you think they rewrite the code from scratch every year?!) and almost everyone else who has commented on this silly thread disagres with your main point. If you dont like the new features then you dont have to play the game. There are thousands of other loyal players who will help each other work through the problems (which always occur with each new release and which are mostly fixed in patches after feedback on platforms like this forum) so maybe you should go and do something else with your many friends if you dont have anything positive to contribute.

dunno if this is quite the thread for this, but:

^^ am i correct that these are fairly new, high end cards? If so what is SI trying to do to us?! Cant they give us a lower-spec option at least? For many it seems 3D is so close but yet so far... and so expensive!

I have a NVidia GeForce 7600 that was mid-range when I bought my PC over 2 years ago and that is well above the minimum 5900. I believe the recommended FX 5900 Ultra launched in 2003. Hope that helps. :)

Apparently the X4500 performs similarly to the 8400 cards, so you'll be absolutely fine with that card. There's some sites out there that compare graphics card performance and list it in table form so you can see what is better than what. But I got the first bit of info from Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_GMA#GMA_X4500_2

I like the new skin, database and new tactical options e.g. preferred moves and look forward to buying the game, as i am an addict. However, from first looks, I do think that SI have become a bit distracted with the 3D addition to the game. Maybe it's just my crappy old machine but I'm not very impressed with it. I can imagine getting pretty tired of seeing repetitive goals (at least with the 2D you imagine what the goal will look like) and will happily return to 2D. Only problem is that I'm having to wait longer for games to start, due to the 3D being set up, despite me not using it. I've unticked it in display and sounds but still have to wait longer for the game. I would prefer SI to focus more on the known bugs and further polish an already outstanding game, rather than put some shiny bells on it that lose lustre after two weeks.

Is this a glorified patch? Maybe, but I can say for certain that I would pay £30 for a better version of FM 2008 - one that sorts out the transfer system, stops keepers hoofing the ball up field and gives defensive midfielders credit for the work they do. I don't need 3D to make me enjoy the game more, just more realistic gameplay and I imagine a number of gamers feel the same way.

I have played these games since the beginning from the 80's. I have got loads of people into FM. I have a PC and 2 laptops, one bought last week. The 3D works on none of them. My 20 friends can't get it working either. Therefore, for most of the players of FM, there will be no 3D! This makes FM09 just a new patch on the last game and SI are charging us £30 for it. Disgusting. For those who can't get 3D, it should be given to us free!

Sorry to be pedantic, but you said you have been playing these games from the beggining in the 80's? Your profile says you were born 1974, You played these games from when you were 6?!?! Are you serious? Or have you just over elaborated a little ....???

What a total ****wit you are... You posted this on the 31st October even before the demo was released.... "Just downloaded the demo. I have to say the game is unbelievable. Be as well kissing the next year of my life goodbye. What do people think of it themselves. For me the 3D is better than watching real football".

Here's the link. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=54517

This merely proves that you're an attention seeking ****. Stop wasting everyones time and **** right off. :cool:

If you have been playing it that long then you will know by now that no version of FM is going to be completely different to the next.

All that will happen is it will evolve each year.

If you end up paying £30 for it then more fool you as you will get it much cheaper than that and I will happily pay it to have FM every year thank you.

No idea why you have 20 friends who cant use it as all 4 people I know that have installed it are playing 3D fine. Maybe you have really unlucky friends ?

i think they have made a big jump like cm 4 where it was small steps to fm 08 since then, i just hope the patch gets most of the bugs.

ps i would have been happy with fm08 and a new patch if they were to fix the regens on it . (just hope fm09 has better regen)

Archived