The Return of the Manchester United Thread v1.3 - The Future Starts Hereâ„¢

foobR

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

And there's not an awful lot of point going all-out for victory against Lyon only to play the reserves against Fenerbahce. We realistically need at least 4, and probably 6 points from the two games to top the group. Lyon will beat Prague at home, so beating the French side at our place is only half the job. We'll need a strong side in turkey to top the group, if that's what SAF has his heart set on (and he should have). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't agree with that at all Nick. If we beat Lyon we are through, that should be the only objective as far as we are concerened. Previous years have shown us that there are too many "top" teams who finish 2nd in their group to make worrying about final group position worthwhile. Look at this years so far :-

A - any 2 from Liverpool, olympiakos, Monaco, in any order

B - Any 2 from Kiev, Madrid and Leverkuesen, in any order

C - Juventus almost certainly top, Munich probably 2nd

E - Most likely PSV, then Arsenal or Panathinaikos

F - Barcelona or Milan, either order

G - Inter or Werder Bremen

H - Chelsea have won the group, so 2nd will be any of CSKA Moscow, PSG, or Porto if they're very lucky.

I think i'm right in saying we also can't meet an English side in the next round? If so, who are we trying to avoid by aiming for one or other spot? And given last year, when we were all happy we got Porto anyway, can we tell who will be hard and who easy?

Better to simply try to qualify by beating Lyon if we can. If we don't we'll have to field a decent side in turkey, but if we're through better to use that game to rest some tired players.

Fletcher did ok yesterday. Considering he hasn't played much first team football this season I would say he did ok. But then no ammount of persuassion would make Taz see that icon_biggrin.gif

I agree with Nick about Darren, he has the talent there, and maybe a few more regular games and he will progress.

Ronaldo definitly needs a rest, without doubt. I think his shot summed it up really.

I thought Fletcher did well too. It seemed like he was given some kind of roaming role for most of the time he was on the pitch and he took advantage of the fact that he could. Some of his passing could have been better, but he will learn.

so if we win we could get:

Olympiakos/Monaco

Kiev/Madrid/Leverkusen

Munich

Barca/Milan

Inter/Bremen

CSKA/PSG/Porto

if we come second we're looking at

Olympiakos/Monaco

Kiev/Madrid/Leverkusen

Juve

PSV

Barca/Milan

Inter/Bremen

looking at that it looks slightly more dangerous to win the group, however after the Lyon game the possibilities will be alot clearer, but not much of a difference just yet, better to rest the players imo, or at least some of them as Fenerbache is not "must win" unless we don't beat Lyon.

My ratings are based on CM03/04 ratings. I couldnt well be giving out 10s all over the shop.

On Fletcher when it went half time he had done a couple of great things and wasted possesion and slowed the game down(I hate both he and miller for that, quick tempo, f*ck europe) a couple of times but in the second half he seemed to get caught in possesion every time he got the ball. If Darren wants to impress me he is going to have be quicker with the ball, danger - pass it, get the ball - dont slow to a walk while looking around. etc

Fletcher > Miller.

I wonder if that's more the reason for Giggs to be on the bench at the moment than his mediocre form. Perhaps Fergie is getting him well rested for when he's the only winger around, as Ronaldo gets a break? I think Ronaldo will play against Lyon, but if we win that might be his last appearance for a few weeks?

Taz's rating aren't that harsh imo, apart from Rooney, I didn't think anyone was outstanding. That was Rio's worst game since he came back, Ronaldo & Keane were ordinary, Ruud, G Neville & Heinze quiet. Scholes was Ok as was Fletcher and Ruud.

As I said, Silvestre was about the next best, I thought he dealt with Shearer excellently until he went off.

mark g- i agree with you about heinze. he has done that several times now and although i didnt see the game yesterday, i know it has led to goals on other occasions. he's a good player and i like his commitment, but he hasn't totally won me over yet as he seems to have won many others over.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gonch19:

mark g- i agree with you about heinze. he has done that several times now and although i didnt see the game yesterday, i know it has led to goals on other occasions. he's a good player and i like his commitment, but he hasn't totally won me over yet as he seems to have won many others over. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In a way he reminds me of Silvestre in his first couple of years for us. Not in his style of play, simply that Silvestre would look really good for 90-95% of the game, but would make a couple of howlers or complete lapses of concentration that would completely spoil an otherwise good performance. Heinze seems the same, except it's getting turned too easily and looking a mug. It's like there's one or two times a game he just overcommits and can't recover. I also think his crossing needs work, as especially in the derby but in other games as well he's really over hit some from good positions.

I don't want anyone here to think i don't like him or rate him, and i don't think he's been awful or anything. I just feel someone needed to counterbalance the "ghifb" attitude that seems to have been around since he started, almost in expectation of how good he will be rather than what he's actually done so far. I think it's slightly the case of a player who looks totally committed being given a bit more leeway for his mistakes than would be afforded someone else.

Finished 3-0, Rossi with the final goal. Could have been a lot more in truth. No bad performances in the team... special mentions to Heath, Picken and Jones icon14.gif

Team in full:

Heaton, Picken, Lawrence, McShane, Pique, Richardson (Hogg), Jones, Ngalula (Poole), Heath, Blake (Collett), Rossi.

Im off to United Lyon next tuesday and need some info on parking, ive decided to drive up this time as its my first champions league match and ive only ever gotten the train up before. Any way where is the best place to park to the stadium i got a bad leg( broken femur - football injury) so cant be on my feet too long but dont mind walking. So where is best place to park near the stadium!?

Thanks in advance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Im off to United Lyon next tuesday and need some info on parking, ive decided to drive up this time as its my first champions league match and ive only ever gotten the train up before. Any way where is the best place to park to the stadium i got a bad leg( broken femur - football injury) so cant be on my feet too long but dont mind walking. So where is best place to park near the stadium!?

Thanks in advance. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is lots of independant parking a short walk from the stadium for £5. I'm crap with directions but its marked and sound as a pound.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Thanks in advance. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Try the Imperial War Musuem or next door. It is easy to find (very distinctive building and well sign posted).

There's only two Eddie Johnsons! (could be confusing)<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>By STEVE DAVIS / The Dallas Morning News

Eddie Johnson's fabulous fall keeps getting better. The FC Dallas striker leaves soon for two weeks of training with famed Manchester United.

Johnson is in Columbus this week training with the U.S. national team before next week's World Cup qualifier against Jamaica.

Shortly after he temporarily joins the English Premier League giants, who started slowly in 2004-05 but remain one of the world's glamour outfits.

It is not a formal tryout. U.S. players frequently train with foreign teams during the domestic off-season. But few get to mix with such choice company.

Manchester United is already home to two highly regarded Americans, Jonathan Spector and Tim Howard.

Johnson, 20, recently finished tied for the MLS goals leadership with 12. He was the youngest player to capture or share the honor.

But he earned higher acclaim by scoring four minutes into his first U.S. appearance. In his second international appearance, Johnson scored three goals in an Oct. 13 win over Panama, the first U.S. hat trick in a World Cup qualifier in 36 years. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also continuing with the American theme, Spector has made the full US squad.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blaine:

There's only two Eddie Johnsons! (could be confusing)<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>By STEVE DAVIS / The Dallas Morning News

Eddie Johnson's fabulous fall keeps getting better. The FC Dallas striker leaves soon for two weeks of training with famed Manchester United.

Johnson is in Columbus this week training with the U.S. national team before next week's World Cup qualifier against Jamaica.

Shortly after he temporarily joins the English Premier League giants, who started slowly in 2004-05 but remain one of the world's glamour outfits.

It is not a formal tryout. U.S. players frequently train with foreign teams during the domestic off-season. But few get to mix with such choice company.

Manchester United is already home to two highly regarded Americans, Jonathan Spector and Tim Howard.

Johnson, 20, recently finished tied for the MLS goals leadership with 12. He was the youngest player to capture or share the honor.

But he earned higher acclaim by scoring four minutes into his first U.S. appearance. In his second international appearance, Johnson scored three goals in an Oct. 13 win over Panama, the first U.S. hat trick in a World Cup qualifier in 36 years. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also continuing with the American theme, Spector has made the full US squad. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have they forgotten about Kenny Cooper already then?

Not sure if this has been mentioned, presumably everyone knows about the recent stories of us battling Arsenal for Emre (@ Inter). Rumours in Italy say we're gaining the upper hand by offering Ryan Giggs in exchange (Football Italia). Emre is a class little player and crucially a playmaker but Giggs is one of only 2 of our decent wingers.

Seems Ferguson is after Salomon Kalou at Feyenoord to solve any winger troubles, but Roman and Kenyon are rumoured to have watched him the other day icon13.gif Think if this Emre for Giggs story has any truth, it represents a big gamble for Ferguson, solving perhaps one problem in central midfield while causing another on the left wing (Although Emre is left footed I think, sure I've seen him play there for Inter a few times but he's still a center mid).

This from 'Manc Youth', who will be a familiar name to Red News readers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Asides from the styling, theres a poor choice of conditioner involved as well I should imagine. All that regular peroxide abuse is going to leave his hair damaged to buggery if he's not careful.

It struck me that he has foregone the option of heavily gelling his hair into that harsh spikey semi-quiff-hican effort to maybe give himself a flatter softer more schoolboy look whilst on the pitch.

This results in thenumberfourteen appearing younger and more vunerable than he is.

This is probably to lull oppo players into a false sense of security and can also make referees think rather than "That nasty spikey haired ****, I'm going to ****ing book him the minute he does anything remotely untoward, fcuk it, I dont care if he's taking a throw in, its deliberate handball in my rulebook, straight red you horrible ****", what they think is "Aah, he's not that bad is he really? Looks like he has actually calmed down at United, he's actually quite a nice young man, type of chap I'd my daughter to go out with. Actually, if I keep him on the pitch till full time I might actually show him the picture of my daughter I keep in with my red and yellow cards and see if he fancies meeting her for a few drinks one evening?"

Crunch

Snap

Choke

Crunch

"Now hang on Mr Viera, I know that your chest has been cut wide open and your bare rib cage is exposed but I am quite sure that it was just an accident"

"thenumberfourteen? Give Mr Viera his leg back and apologise to him, Patrick You apologise as well for getting your blood stains on thenumberfourteens teeth"

Charm offensive exposing the power of some good hairology.

Well done thenumberfourteen, I like your style. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mark g:

I don't want anyone here to think i don't like him or rate him, and i don't think he's been awful or anything. I just feel someone needed to counterbalance the "ghifb" attitude that seems to have been around since he started, almost in expectation of how good he will be rather than what he's actually done so far. I think it's slightly the case of a player who looks totally committed being given a bit more leeway for his mistakes than would be afforded someone else. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spot on. I admit I really like him, but he still has some way to go before he can be a Mr Consitency like Irwin.

As you say, the commitment is worth a few marks already. Don't all fans love someone who thunders into sliding tackles without flinching? Also, a debut goal is a nice way of introducing yourself. Add that to the fact he wasn't really well known in England, so the expectations are not so high.

I think there have definitely been more positives than negatives, but he does need to work on staying on his feet and not getting beaten easily, and his crossing. I believe he will improve with games. He's better than Fortune or an out of form O'Shea.

At full-back you can get away with more mistakes than most positions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blaine:

This from 'Manc Youth', who will be a familiar name to Red News readers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Asides from the styling, theres a poor choice of conditioner involved as well I should imagine. All that regular peroxide abuse is going to leave his hair damaged to buggery if he's not careful.

It struck me that he has foregone the option of heavily gelling his hair into that harsh spikey semi-quiff-hican effort to maybe give himself a flatter softer more schoolboy look whilst on the pitch.

This results in thenumberfourteen appearing younger and more vunerable than he is.

This is probably to lull oppo players into a false sense of security and can also make referees think rather than "That nasty spikey haired ****, I'm going to ****ing book him the minute he does anything remotely untoward, fcuk it, I dont care if he's taking a throw in, its deliberate handball in my rulebook, straight red you horrible ****", what they think is "Aah, he's not that bad is he really? Looks like he has actually calmed down at United, he's actually quite a nice young man, type of chap I'd my daughter to go out with. Actually, if I keep him on the pitch till full time I might actually show him the picture of my daughter I keep in with my red and yellow cards and see if he fancies meeting her for a few drinks one evening?"

Crunch

Snap

Choke

Crunch

"Now hang on Mr Viera, I know that your chest has been cut wide open and your bare rib cage is exposed but I am quite sure that it was just an accident"

"thenumberfourteen? Give Mr Viera his leg back and apologise to him, Patrick You apologise as well for getting your blood stains on thenumberfourteens teeth"

Charm offensive exposing the power of some good hairology.

Well done thenumberfourteen, I like your style. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

And I'd largely agree with the sentiments about Heinze, whilst firmly remaining in the 'ghifb' camp. There's undoubtedly some work still for him to do but he's made an excellent start icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

From The Beeb

Glazer targets new takeover plan

US tycoon Malcolm Glazer is preparing to relaunch his bid to take control of Manchester United, say reports.

The decision of Glazer's bankers JP Morgan to drop him as a client had seemingly doomed any prospect of a takeover, but he now has new backers.

Glazer has held talks with Deutsche Bank over financing a deal and a close source claimed it "could have legs".

Football finance expert Keith Harris had previously suggested any attempt to take control was unlikely to succeed.

"There can be no question that any bank looking at this will look at it very cautiously. That's not to say somebody won't take it on," said Harris.

"The fees involved are very high. But chances of success tend to be slim."

However, it now appears Deutsche Bank have stepped in and United are growing frustrated at the lack of clarification coming from the Galzer camp.

"We can't work out whether Malcolm Glazer is totally loopy or has some brilliant plan that's not apparent to anyone else," said on City observer close to the situation.

Former Football League chairman Harris brokered Roman Abramovich's takeover of Chelsea last year.

He is now advising Manchester United fans in their campaign to make sure Glazer does not take control of United.

The club rejected Glazer's initial takeover approach because his bid was based on too much borrowed money.

And Harris believed banks would be reluctant to lend the American the funding for a hostile takeover as the risks are high.

"They won't have done the due diligence that's normally necessary for banks to lend vast sums of a takeover price."

Glazer, who owns 28.11% of United's shares, maintained his pressure on the club by blocking the re-election of three directors on Friday.

But Harris said the American could see the value of his investment plummet if his takeover bid falters.

"I don't believe he will [take over the club], unless he's got a pot of gold that none of us has had any sight of," said Harris, who is chairman of the Seymour Pearce investment bank.

"If he's got enough of his own money, rather than borrowing other people's money, then as we know that money can buy anything.

"But if he does take control of it he's going to be facing continued opposition from the fans.

"And would you really want to spend all that money on an asset which I think is going to dwindle in value."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't particularly like Man united, but I'm beginning to loathe Glazer. Good luck in your fight against him icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cappo Smiffy:

"I don't believe he will [take over the club], unless he's got a pot of gold that none of us has had any sight of," said Harris, who is chairman of the Seymour Pearce investment bank.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well he does look like a leprechaun..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by matt_e:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cappo Smiffy:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well he does look like a leprechaun.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>*hands matt his coat and kicks him out the door* icon_wink.gif

This speech from Steve Donoghue. It received a standing ovation at the AGM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>SPEECH BEGINS...

Mr Chairman, please give me a minute or two to explain my point before my

question. Back in 1991 we fans had four trips to Wembley and a final in

Rotterdam to pay for, our then chairman, put this club on the stock market just at

the time when he knew that most fans would be at their lowest financial point

of the season, leaving the board and its corporate friends to make a killing

on the stock exchange. You once couldn't do enough for the fans, but now

some are looked upon with disdain, why? Because, we dare to question the board's

actions. The board are so fond of quoting statistics, and pointing out to us

how much it spends, it seems you’ve forgotten the true meaning of what

running a football club should be all about, its about doing the best on and off

the pitch for the community of supporters that come to be entertained by the

players on a Saturday…err Thursday, Sunday, Tuesday whatever day SKY wants it

to be, and you can’t blame the media vultures for grabbing what they can, No,

it seems you were that busy grabbing their TV money, somebody forgot to

check the small print that allows them to change fixtures at a whim, which I am

sure everyone here, including the manager and players are fed up with.

I’ll give you a few statistics, in my 47 years of following United I have

traveled 264,000 miles to 16 different countries (pity, the club don’t do air

miles eh!) at an approximate cost of £45,000. That’s about 14% of my 32 years

adult earning salary. A weeks wages for some players nowadays. This, is my

1960’s scarf (held up) it has taken 40 odd years to build this collection into

a fine work of art, it has character, it provokes memories and emotions, it

is part of the fabric and history of what being a red is all about. All those

years, all those emotions, all that money was spent willingly, because of the

love and loyalty to my Club. Asking nothing in return, except honest toil

from my team on the pitch. Before you think these are just inane ramblings, all

of you present, just ask yourselves how much have YOU spent following United

over the years, go on, do a few quick sums And then multiply that by 60,000

and you will see that we, YES we have invested hundreds of millions of pounds

into OUR club. And you lot get it all for free. - - - - -

When you needed us, when the club wasn’t doing so well, we were there, when

you had no sponsors, we were there, when you begged us to help the

Development Associations we dug deep and helped to build parts of Old Trafford, buy

shares you said, One United its your Club you said, buy a brick for the walk of

fame be part of the dream…well you made us what we are today, Fanatics 40 odd

years of brainwashing us into thinking yes this IS our Club, we love it as

one of our own family, look at what WE the fans did for the respect of Sir

Matt, we stood for hours in the pouring rain to honor him. We came to the Munich

memorial game because we knew the club did too little too late, WE paid that

money to the surviving relatives, and WE have stood by Sir Alex Ferguson when

some influential shareholders wanted him out. So, your to blame for our

obsession, yet you expect fans to just hand it all over to the next fat cat who

comes along, to maybe one day, asset strip us like our feeder club down the

road in Yorkshire….I don’t think so.

We are not the ones who have sold our soul, Mr Edwards, Mr Kenyon and Mr

Watkins could all have sold their offloading shares to fans but chose not to. By

all means invest in things, but not at OUR expense with extortionate prices.

There is a regulated, lawful point to all this, at these shareholders

meetings which in the past YOU have decided what questions YOU will answer and when

the meeting will close, I’m sorry Mr Chairman but at other democratic PLC

institutions ALL questions are answered, mikes are not cut off and they run

until the shareholders, who are YOUR benefactors, decide when they’ve asked

enough questions. Each year these AGM’s get shorter and shorter, and you all get

an easy ride. Can’t you see the way you treat us is why the fans feel let

down by you.

THIS, scarf is true commitment, fans re-investing all their hard earned

wages, this is OUR long term investment, in OUR club. Without OUR support you

would have no revenue, no sponsors, no TV contracts. “Don’t forget, its not

just the fans who will be affected by a takeover, all your jobs will be on the

line as well. But hey, you’ll all be very rich men, the people of Manchester &

Salford won’t forget what you’ve done, you will be in the clubs folklore,

but for all the wrong reasons. Don’t let that happen.

Now, my question to the board is, Will you make a commitment to us, the 18%

of small shareholder fans by actively encouraging all the other significant

shareholders and fans, NOT just the 2,500 here today but to the millions of

reds all over the world via the clubs website, match programme and Mutv etc’ who

do own the 7% or more shares needed to join the fans and take up the

challenge to make the stake up to the 25% needed to build a “Supporters Trust†?

There’s been a lot of talk of “civil war†in the media just lately, none of us

want that, but please Mr Chairman, don’t underestimate the fans feelings on

this issue. If the board really do want to do what’s best for this club and

its fans, show us your true colours you could help put a stop to all this

nonsense once and for all. This, is our Alamo, the line has been drawn. It’s

ironic that if Glazier wants to vote you lot off the board, you’ll have to come

to the small shareholder fans to keep your jobs, SO, to coin a phrase, “your

either with us or against usâ€â€¦ which shall it be? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul Scholes' Regen:

Not sure if this has been mentioned, presumably everyone knows about the recent stories of us battling Arsenal for Emre (@ Inter). Rumours in Italy say we're gaining the upper hand by offering Ryan Giggs in exchange (Football Italia). Emre is a class little player and crucially a playmaker but Giggs is one of only 2 of our decent wingers.

Seems Ferguson is after Salomon Kalou at Feyenoord to solve any winger troubles, but Roman and Kenyon are rumoured to have watched him the other day icon13.gif Think if this Emre for Giggs story has any truth, it represents a big gamble for Ferguson, solving perhaps one problem in central midfield while causing another on the left wing (Although Emre is left footed I think, sure I've seen him play there for Inter a few times but he's still a center mid). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it really depends on the type of formation we play Against new castle we played a mixture of 4-3-3 and 4-5-1. With Ronaldo and Rooney running the lines but at an advanced poisition for easy link up with Ruud.

Doing this Rooney or Saha or Giggs could at some effect run the left and Ronaldo or Smithy or Fletch(Miller Kleberson too but not really at the same effect) on the right.

Then by having 3 in the middle it gives us a solid base to protect our back 4 and launch a decent assult. So emre would be a good signing, can play uptop left or through the middle with the range of playmaking he has. How ever its the perfect formation for one Seba Veron icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ericcantona7:

I've just realised we do have another left winger *coughFortunecough* icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be considered a left winger for the squad shouldn't the pre-requisites be that you are able to beat a man, cross a ball, and be generally good enough for the first team in that position?

Although strictly speaking that would rule out Giggs as well icon_wink.gif

He's a persistent bugg3r I'll give him that

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> American billionaire Malcolm Glazer is reportedly sharpening his claws ready for another grab at Manchester United.

It appeared last Friday that the US sports tycoon had been thwarted in his bid to take over United when he was dropped by bankers JP Morgan.

However, fresh claims suggest Glazer has turned to Germany's Deutsche Bank to support his buy-out.

City experts say the move "could have legs" and United are now awaiting developments just days after Glazer used his 28.11% voting power to oust three of the club's directors from the plc board.

It is understood Glazer had reached agreement with Coolmore-based horseracing duo JP McManus and John Magnier to buy out the majority shareholding registered in the name of their company Cubic Expression, before the JP Morgan blow.

If he does get the backing of Germany's major bank to support a total takeover, and the Irish duo sell, there will be little United's other shareholders could do to prevent Old Trafford falling into Glazer's hands.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tis a ****ing brilliant speech. icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tis a ****ing brilliant speech. icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye. Just read it now. TOp stuff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Father Senegal:

4 trips to Wembley in 1991? What were they then? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he means the 12 calander months ending in 1991.

FA Cup Final

FA Cup Final Replay

Charity Shield

League Cup Final

Archived