The Return of the Manchester United Thread v1.3 - The Future Starts Hereâ„¢

foobR

Legends leave eventually. You mentioned Denis Law, who was flogged back to Citeh.

I will be sorry to see Giggs go, as he's been part of the team for such a long time, but he's not the player he was and if we can bring in a replacement for a decent price, there should be no hesitation. Same for Keane.

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

Legends leave eventually. You mentioned Denis Law, who was flogged back to Citeh.

I will be sorry to see Giggs go, as he's been part of the team for such a long time, but he's not the player he was and if we can bring in a replacement for a decent price, there should be no hesitation. Same for Keane. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure Fergie will show no hesitation with Giggs as he did it in the past (not with Giggs but ageing players). Keane might be a different story though as he is his favourite player etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

Both Giggs and Keane are huge favourites of Fergie. If you recall in "Managing My Life" there is a bit from Fergie about when he first saw Ryan play and then how he went on to sign him. Out of all the young players he's groomed, I'd say he's most paternal about Giggs. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What Terry said. If Fergie has 'favourites', its certainly Ryan and Gary Neville. (They are, incidentally, probably the only two players in the current squad without any direct competition for a place, but I'm sure thats a coincidence *ahem* )

Roy Carroll 13

Rio Ferdinand 5

Gabriel Heinze 4

G. Neville 2

Mikael Silvestre 27

Cristiano Ronaldo 7

Darren Fletcher 24

Paul Scholes 18

Roy Keane 16

Wayne Rooney 8

Ruud van Nistelrooy 10

Louis Saha 9

Alan Smith 14

Wes Brown 6

Ryan Giggs 11

Tim Howard 1

interesting team- he should have put saha in instead of rooney for me

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by snipersdream:

What Terry said. If Fergie has 'favourites', its certainly Ryan and Gary Neville. (They are, incidentally, probably the only two players in the current squad without any direct competition for a place, but I'm sure thats a coincidence *ahem* ) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And as if to spite me, Fergie drops Giggs for the second straight game icon_rolleyes.gif /o\

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by snipersdream:

What Terry said. If Fergie has 'favourites', its certainly Ryan and Gary Neville. (They are, incidentally, probably the only two players in the current squad without any direct competition for a place, but I'm sure thats a coincidence *ahem* ) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And as if to spite me, Fergie drops Giggs for the second straight game icon_rolleyes.gif /o\ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Third - he dropped him for the Sparta game as well. Fergie obviously means business icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Third - he dropped him for the Sparta game as well. Fergie obviously means business icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least we've covered ourselves for this eventuality, squad-wise. icon14.gif

Oh... icon_frown.gif (Come back Jesper! icon_mad.gif )

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gonch19:

out of form players shouldnt play. simple really. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

there wouldn't be many players left then would there? icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well we'd have no midfield for a start icon_biggrin.gif

Yawn. We've been here before Taz. How many of those games have been as sub or stuck out on the right? Not to mention the fact that only a ****** could deny he was excellent in several games towards the back end of last season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Yawn. We've been here before Taz. How many of those games have been as sub or stuck out on the right? Not to mention the fact that only a ****** could deny he was excellent in several games towards the back end of last season. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have been here before and 50 apparences is 50 appearences for me. How Fletcher gets away with "Lets give him a chance" and Ryan Giggs gets slaughtered i will never know. Its one rule for one and another rule for another. Nothing changes the fact Fletcher isnt good enough to be a Man Utd player. He wont be the first or the last.

And the only good game Fletcher has had for the club was the Arsenal semi.

I went Old Trafford to watch Palace. What a lousy excuse of a game eh?

And if any Manchester United fan from outside of London says they can't get tickets for game hence why they don't go, check out the attendance for that game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

And the only good game Fletcher has had for the club was the Arsenal semi. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Off the top of my head:

*Leeds in the Carling last season.

*The Cup final.

(both where he played centre mid, b.t.w.)

I'm not pretending Fletch is the next Bryan Robson, and I imagine he won't have a good game today (out of position, only made 2 sub appearances all season) but the idea he's on some Mark Wilson level of gashery is wrong.

Let me give my thoughts on the Manchester United situation for whatever it is worth.

You bought too much average. When you started buying the likes of Djema, they were never ever going to improve the team. Whilst the other teams were improving, you effectively wasn't.

Also, there is no room for sentiments in football. If Scholes ain't performing, drop him etc. Fergies got his boys who he would never dare drop.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 50:

Let me give my thoughts on the Manchester United situation for whatever it is worth.

You bought too much average. When you started buying the likes of Djema, they were never ever going to improve the team. Whilst the other teams were improving, you effectively wasn't.

Also, there is no room for sentiments in football. If Scholes ain't performing, drop him etc. Fergies got his boys who he would never dare drop. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry.

The supporters you wish to contact are following a game right now.

Please try again later.

*dial tone*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Yep he wants parity with Timeh who i believe is on around 50,000 a week whereas at the moment Roy is on 25,000 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How the hell does an unproven American youngster who's never played outside of the MLS get a 50k a week deal?

icon_mad.gif anybody else here feel that ronaldo should be dropped for a couple of matches and replaced by fletcher? icon_mad.gif

he is too ****ING GREEDY icon_mad.gif

If he had passed the ball to Nistelrooy we would be 2-0 up icon_mad.gif He tried his silly stepover (but devastating if used at the correct time) and lost the ball very often and it happens in every match. icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DeVilish:

icon_mad.gif anybody else here feel that ronaldo should be dropped for a couple of matches and replaced by fletcher? icon_mad.gif

he is too ****ING GREEDY icon_mad.gif

If he had passed the ball to Nistelrooy we would be 2-0 up icon_mad.gif He tried his silly stepover (but devastating if used at the correct time) and lost the ball very often and it happens in every match. icon_mad.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And while we are at it, lets drop Van for Bellion. We need to be playing our best XI not our mediocre XI.

Ronaldo isn't playing at his best, and has resorted to diving again.

However, I don't blame him for shooting rather than passing to Ruud. He got himself in a good position and hit a good shot, which Given only saved with his foot. Another few centimetres and it would have been a brilliant goal. It's not as if he was trying to score from an impossible angle and there was still another defender near Ruud.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>And while we are at it, lets drop Van for Bellion. We need to be playing our best XI not our mediocre XI. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Nistelrooy plays marvelously.. He keeps the game flowing. What we need here is teamwork not someone who keeps shooting the ball everytime eventhough there is a better player in a better position.

If you didn't see ronaldo playing today, he's so ****. I have lost count how many times he lost the ball because of he just does not want to pass it to other players.

dfifb icon_cool.gif

Cristiano needs a rest, he's clearly jaded after a year of non-stop football. People getting on his back p*ss me off immensely. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If we drop him then we have to go 4-3-3 because we just dont have anyone good enough to replace him.

im not watching this game, but i tend to agree with devilish on this one. too many times his decision making has been poor this season, and he needs a rest. if fletcher does well in this game i wouldnt mind us dropping ronaldo and bringing giggs back in for a few weeks while ronaldo gets a rest

dfifb icon_cool.gif

Cristiano needs a rest, he's clearly jaded after a year of non-stop football. People getting on his back p*ss me off immensely. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, you are right he needs some rest that's why we need Fletcher / Kleberson playing on his position. We also need Giggsy to play.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

dfifb icon_cool.gif

Well then we'd have to do that. If we keep running him into the ground, we risk far more serious long-term repurcussions.

If we drop him then we have to go 4-3-3 because we just dont have anyone good enough to replace him. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived