Give nicknames?

I had a right and left back newgen pair called Jernej and Mitja Zupancic. So I just cut the Zupancic off their names to make them seem a little cooler too be honest.

Always fun to have seeming brothers at opposite full backs.

Then one got sold above my head, so I got rid of the nicknames, no longer necessary.

C'mon Stu! I wrote a longer response and I still got in before you :rolleyes:

Call him Dhu:);)

Just swap the t for a d and the first e for an i and you have it dead on Wee Aja ;)

Thats like saying - To get bin from dog you have to replace the b with a d, the o with a i and the g with a n.

It's completly different!!

I always do it with Brazilians. Using the handy name generator.

Sometimes I'll do it with Spaniards and the Portugese. But only for the truly great, or the ones who's name would obviously be shrunk on the shirt (hello Xavi).

Otherwise, nope. Even those incredibly long Polish guys.

Shame this name generator often gives complete unrealistic nicknames.

Would if some real players were Brazilian?

cristiano ronaldo becomes Cristianaça, fitting

It would be either be Cris or Tiano, as both are nicknames for Cristiano.

Or maybe Naldo, Ronaldinho or Ronaldão if for some reason he got a nickname for Ronaldo instead of a nickname for Cristiano.

How the hell? Robert Jones = Robinho Da Costa apparently :/

Robert = Robertinho or Robertão. Or Beto (Beto is a nickname for Roberto)

Robinho is a nickname for Robson and da Costa is a common surname.

On CM 01-02, I nicknamed David Ginola 'Surly French Git' after I and my flatmate both discovered how stroppy the virtual Ginola was (just like real life). The following day, he told me Everton had signed Ginola and I refused to believe him- unfortunately it was true, and was about as successful as in my game.

I put Pele's name in there and it came out with something quite random. I was hoping it would realise who I was talking about :(.

My name is very stupid.

Anyhow, I nickname my scouts and coaches with their JA/JPA at the end of their name.

Shame this name generator often gives complete unrealistic nicknames.

Absolutely. But it's a lot better than the enormous multi-name things we have usually, plus without actually being Brasilian it's very difficult to know what are the correct nicks and what aren't.

Although it has the benefit of giving quite unique ones, so we don't end up with 30 Ronaldos and 30 Betos.

i give my potential star players nicknames so i can pick them out easier. very important when you've got a youth team full of regens and you can't always remember which ones you think will be good.

i do this because i dont want to waste time giving games to players that i dont believe are going to amount to much. at least giving thema nickname means i can make sure they get their fair share of games.

so jo bloggs will turn to jo (star) bloggs

and rob smith will turn to rob (star) smith

I have dabbled, VDV usually loses his first name to keep it shorter but I also change any brazillian with a too many names or an eastern european or middle-eastern who's name is about 20 syllables long

and i will start to rename my regens as suggested on here, good idea boys (and girls?)

Archived