FMS Awards 2017 Final Round Vote

mark wilson27

7 minutes ago, Wisła said:

Come on Mark, you're a Moderator on a writing forum. Have a word with yourself mate.  :p;)

Mark’s inconsistency when it comes to differentiating between their, there and they’re is one of the main reasons why we like him so much. :D

Shame to read that you’re not voting, but I completely understand why you’ve decided not to.

21 hours ago, tenthreeleader said:

And let me just add to what everyone else has said. 

In some countries, you can't vote for the FMS Awards. Right now I'm at a loss to name those countries (okay, maybe North Korea, because Kim Jong Un has already won them all despite no formal writing training in English.) But you get the idea.

Don't be that guy.

Add Singapore to that list. We recently 'elected' our President with no other nominated candidates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singaporean_presidential_election,_2017

Therefore, I am more than happy to exercise my voting rights here on FMS. :D

17 hours ago, Wisła said:

Come on Mark, you're a Moderator on a writing forum. Have a word with yourself mate.  :p;)

Sorry that I am unable to vote guys, my free time is incredibly short in supply, and I have not had time to read any of the stories.

It would not be right to vote for something I've not read.

I just stop by to update mine when I can.

I hope the most worthy winners emerge despite a lack of voting.

Maybe they're all leaving it to the last minute to decide, so every word you write still counts. ;)

Maybe the voting system is overly complex, and could be simplified in some way, to encourage more to join in? I don't know, I haven't really looked at it in any detail, just trying to offer some suggestions. If hardly anyone bothers to vote, there is probably an underlying reason for that somewhere, I should imagine.

Maybe it is the system itself that needs to be re-examined?  Maybe not, and I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about. :)

Grammar has never been one of my strong points and I will never profess to being strong at it. (Hmmm I wonder if this is why I won Funniest Writer of the  year... You all weren't laughing with me, you were laughing at me :lol:)

Anyway regarding the voting and award ceremony we can open a dialogue in the FMS Community Thread if required to discuss this as not to take away what this thread is for. If you have any ideas please feel free to PM me and me and the other Mods can look into it

Twelve hours left too vote guys, the voting is extremely close with around half of the awards either tied or a close run thing

Currently looking at it, two of the forum members that haven't voted will miss out on an award

@accentunknown, @copperhorse21, @chesterfan2, @gibbo11, @edtheguy, @Franjo, @Colorado and @Boycott you guys all have the chance to win an award but need to vote

Unlike the transfer of David DeGea from Manchester United to Real Madrid, I was able to send my transmission before the deadline without worrying about dodgy facsimile machines...now I hope they aren't intercepted by the conglomerate closely affiliated with the Ecuadorian faction...

SENT AND CLAIMED

3 hours ago, copperhorse21 said:

Unlike the transfer of David DeGea from Manchester United to Real Madrid, I was able to send my transmission before the deadline without worrying about dodgy facsimile machines...now I hope they aren't intercepted by the conglomerate closely affiliated with the Ecuadorian faction...

SENT AND CLAIMED

Received and counted sir

Thank you to all that voted and good luck. @tenthreeleader I will send you an email in the morning with the results and log in details if you haven’t already got them so you can verify my counting. On that note see you all next Sunday night 8th October 8pm BST for the ceremony 

Archived