Determination

20 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

Yes. Simulated off-field events can lead to hidden attribute changes.

Yes. Although some attributes respond more to this than others. An easy example is Consistency.

That is as much a Transfers question as it is a Progression one. Whilst we would of course like to simulate Vardy's rise it is important to remember that an example to his extent is exceptionally rare (to the point that he, and no one else, is always used to demonstrate this) and realistically it happens even less than once per season. Vardy is perhaps on the other end of the scale to an example used here a lot; Balotelli. We would like the progression module to be capable of producing both.

Vardy was the obvious and most extreme example but there are a number of players that have progressed a lot after starting in non-league which I don't remember really seeing in the game.

Troy Deeney

Andre Gray

Michail Antonio

George Boyd

Charlie Austin

Chris Smalling

At Charlton we signed Nick Pope from non-league and he's now at Burnley. Bradley Pritchard also came in from non-league and played regularly in the Championship before dropping back down the leagues.

Completely agree on players at the other end of the scale and I'd like to see this happen as well.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scoham said: Vardy was the obvious and most extreme example but there are a number of players that have progressed a lot after starting in non-league which I don't remember really seeing in the game.

Troy Deeney

Andre Gray

Michail Antonio

George Boyd

Charlie Austin

Chris Smalling

At Charlton we signed Nick Pope from non-league and he's now at Burnley. Bradley Pritchard also came in from non-league and played regularly in the Championship before dropping back down the leagues.

Completely agree on players at the other end of the scale and I'd like to see this happen as well.

----------------------------------------------

kinda messed up the qoute thingy but....

Right on!

Andy Yiadom is another one to add to the list. Will soon be playing in the Premier League by all accounts and I don't think he will look out of place there.

I could also add Albert Adomah and Yannick Bolasie to the list as significantly late developers. I saw all 3 play at Barnet in League 2 and/or the Conference.

I've just had a youth intake and had a couple of half decent players (5* potential players) come through with determination around 14-16, which is obviously a great starting point. 

Within a few weeks, however, I note that the "squads less desirable attributes have rubbed off" on these players, and determination has dropped. I'm assuming the way to stop this is to clear out the players with dreadful determination? I'm doing a youth challenge so don't want to bring players in! 

Apologies if it's already been mentioned.

15 minutes ago, Black and Yellow said:

I've just had a youth intake and had a couple of half decent players (5* potential players) come through with determination around 14-16, which is obviously a great starting point. 

Within a few weeks, however, I note that the "squads less desirable attributes have rubbed off" on these players, and determination has dropped. I'm assuming the way to stop this is to clear out the players with dreadful determination? I'm doing a youth challenge so don't want to bring players in! 

Apologies if it's already been mentioned.

Yup.  Squad attributes can rub off on other players in either a positive or (as you have found) negative way.

Trying to change these "less desirable" attributes can be a long hard process, especially if doing a Youth challenge.  Tutoring can help.

First thing I do is weed out one or two which is usually my case, then I tutor the rest and hope to God my Professional 15 year olds ( can't believe I am saying this) don't become truants', but then if they did wouldn't that be so cool

Archived