Attention to detail

Preveza

I love this game. Simple. Or I wouldn't be so harsh sounding. 

The game , (for me) has stagnated over the last 4-5 years. Every version feels the same, without any groundbreaking features or advancements to the ME. FM16 had the crossing issue, and FM17 has issues regards to wingers and structures being poor.

Moreover, lots of players have wrong skin colours in game compared to their real life , and this all leads to the lack of attention to detail shown by the relevant people in charge of these areas. These small things play a big role for me, and it shows the lack of care. Needs way more attention to detail here. 

Interactions are average and are so repetitive. I have the AI managers coming for a chat every 3-4 weeks asking why their loanee is not playing. I give them the SAME answer each and every time (They are not good enough) and the AI replies by telling me thats fair enough and I respect your judgment. But to come to me every 3-4 weeks for the duration of the season, with the same questions, replies etc, is mind boggling. AI needs to become more dynamic and smarter when it comes to interactions. 

Social media is a great little addition, so I won't knock it too much here, as it is a new feature. But I don't want it to become one of those 'features' that becomes boring and irrelevant after a few weeks. It has lots of potential given the huge part of social media in this day and age. Would love to see the feature grow every year, and I am excited for FM18 to see how this feature has improved. Current system is so repetitive and I hardly pay attention anymore

AI squad building needs to be improved and I know it has been over the years. After a few seasons, it becomes way too easy to build a dynasty with a mediocre side. I know you can't please anyone, and people will have a sook if the game becomes too hard etc, but after all, this is a football simulator and should be treated as one. For those who want to build a dynasty in 5 seasons, try another game. Harsh, but true. I feel FM is becoming more and more 'arcadey' and it is turning me away from the franchise. Maybe this has to do with the fact that they own the monopoly. 

UI has gotten better, but I hope the default skins get a bigger upgrade. I don't want to rely on skinners developing much better skins every year. SI should add more features to the interface and make the skins look classier. 

I feel Football Manager needs to be way more active on social media. The game has so much growth and they can attract thousands every year (new gamers). They should add online YouTube tutorials before the game launches etc. Also being way more active on twitter, Facebook etc would attract heaps more clients. I can assure you of this. And its free I assume? I would even do it for free. I have so many mates who don't play the game, and have never been interested. They say it looks to hard etc. SI need to touch into more markets worldwide. Ive heard people say the graphics look 'crap' , but I tell them its not about that. They don't get it. This is why I feel the graphical improvements are also important. I know people say its all about the ME, and I agree. But graphics need more attention. Would love to see better net animations, player movement animations, techniques, free kicks, LESS one touch crosses, shots and passes, and better lighting for night matches and day matches. Better looking grass also is a massive factor. 

Sounds. HUGE. Simple. For the best Football Simulator to have sounds which sound like Super Nintendo like games, is simply not good enough. I have muted the sounds for years and that should not be happening. Hearing the crossbar rattle, crowd FINALLY being in synch with what is actually happening in the game would also be a good start. Having the same generic sounds is pathetic for a premium game. May sound harsh, but I feel much better sounds are needed asap. The match day experience would receive a huge boost. Adding generic sounds for England, Spain, Italy, Germany etc would be nice. Playing in the lower leagues in front of 400 people, and hearing the crowd go nuts ruins the experience for me. Not asking for specific team sounds, but country specific sounds would be ideal. Make it happen. 

Crowds: I see african fans in Greece and there are thousands of them at my games. Unrealistic and shows the lack of detail here once again. All these small things make a difference to my experience. Please fix these issues in the future. 

Having my team in the Europa league , but playing a league match on a monday, three days prior is unrealistic and should never happen. Needs to be addressed and show some detail and care to this area of the game.

TEAM CHEMISTRY: I would love to see this added to the game. Great team chemistry is a reason why so many teams overachieve. Having a positive vibe in the dressing room is pivotal. Rafa Benitez said in an interview that if we can keep our chemistry going, that we may surprise teams next season in the EPL. 

Would love SI to grow as a company, and get to a larger size with hundreds and hundreds of new employees. The game has so much potential, and the market has massive growth, and marketing needs to be improved. There are so many people in Australia and Greece (I live in both these countries yearly) and people have never even heard of the game. Saddens me to hear. 

Overall, would love to see SI take it to the next level and improve their attention to detail in all areas of the game. The game has declined, and lacks that polish in many areas, and I hope this changes. I love this game too much to see it stagnate and decline. Attention to detail. Three words, huge benefits.

Moreover. When taking over a new club at the beginning of the game (low rep manager) I am sick and tired of the same text "A relatively unknown English manager" etc etc. This has been the same text now for over a decade. Simpy not good enough!!! Clicking next next next is becoming more and more painful these days. There needs to hundreds of new lines (if not thousands), dynamic answers and questions based on what is going on in the game. 

The repetitiveness is sickening. 

Original skins need to be improved. CFM is amazing; hope SI can get in touch with the elite skinners out there, to give us a better base skin out of the box. 

The addition of the players walking out onto the field is meaningless. It last 5 seconds. What's the point? To say you added a new feature? Feels like new features are being added for new features sake. No deep thought is being given, or at least that is how it feels. 

When winning a championship when you were definitely not expected too, or a promotion etc, there needs to be more of a wow factor from the media. Something different; instead of the same boring text we have been getting for the past 7-8 years. Let the media talk about it in more detail, the fans (social media) links to new jobs etc. Goes back to hundreds of new lines being created, along with newer events. (Spreadsheet Manager 2018)

Regen faces. This is a known issue, so I expect MUCH better regen faces in FM18. The current faces are a joke. Imagine a new FM gamer picking up FM17 and seeing the regen's. I'd feel like this game was developed by a tiny studio of 2-3 people. Harsh, but this is the reality.

Will add to this post when I think of more things to be improved/added. 

1 hour ago, Preveza said:

Regen faces. 

SI have obviously used a new 3D program to recreate the Regen faces but yes, they are a bit scary looking. Certainly a reason I chose not to buy FM17.

19 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

If you do think of more, Preveza, just less rant and more constructive comments. The section is to suggest ideas/features to improve the game.

Sure, will stay on course

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

If you do think of more, Preveza, just less rant and more constructive comments. The section is to suggest ideas/features to improve the game.

He has made many valid points. And I do hope you guys seriously take note and make real steps towards achieving it. Other than pointing out the obvious flaws in the game there is little else he can do in terms of "constructive comments". 

Case in point: He pointed out that the AI managers are repetitive and keep making the same comments year on year and went on to suggest "AI needs to become more dynamic and smarter when it comes to interactions."

So, what else do you expect him to do? Come up with a whole list of various statements?

Among other stuff he also suggested country specific sound, crossbar rattles, the lack of details... the likes. Again, how else do you expect him to be "constructive"?

There's nothing personal here, everyone just wants a better game. And it is painfully clear that the game needs a major step-up. It has been a long time coming. 

Just now, theballstopshere said:

He has made many valid points. And I do hope you guys seriously take note and make real steps towards achieving it. Other than pointing out the obvious flaws in the game there is little else he can do in terms of "constructive comments". 

Case in point: He pointed out that the AI managers are repetitive and keep making the same comments year on year and went on to suggest "AI needs to become more dynamic and smarter when it comes to interactions."

So, what else do you expect him to do? Come up with a whole list of various statements?

Among other stuff he also suggested country specific sound, crossbar rattles, the lack of details... the likes. Again, how else do you expect him to be "constructive"?

There's nothing personal here, everyone just wants a better game. And it is painfully clear that the game needs a major step-up. It has been a long time coming. 

It was just a simple request. He did make the odd valid point. All I said was to keep it to the valid points instead of rants.

Just now, HUNT3R said:

It was just a simple request. He did make the odd valid point. All I said was to keep it to the valid points instead of rants.

Don't agree with your "odd valid point". He made many valid points. And I don't see it as rants, and I am pretty sure I am not alone on this. It is important to see things with an open heart, especially in a game with so much room for growth and of course, in this particular sub-section.

But well, as long as long as whatever he said was taken on board. 

These stats popups also need work. I get a lot of weird texts. I also got one saying that BATE have a putrid defensive record in the Champions League, conceding 2 goals from only 3 matches so far. It's a little unrealistic. The wording could be changed up a little I suppose.

joke.png

I agree on most points, but not the skin. I like the original skin most and I hate every single custom skin out there. Too much is less for me. I was younger when I was using custom skins, now I stick with the original which is much more simple and bold. Would like it if SI can make it even more simple and minimalistic in future versions. 

On 5/15/2017 at 05:41, Preveza said:

Crowds: I see african fans in Greece and there are thousands of them at my games. Unrealistic and shows the lack of detail here once again. All these small things make a difference to my experience. Please fix these issues in the future.

are u saying no africans can be a fan of ur team? simply put at the gate no africans Allowed

3 hours ago, agent007 said:

are u saying no africans can be a fan of ur team? simply put at the gate no africans Allowed

I doubt he mean that. You might presume that he is a racist, but that's not the case.  It's because Greece and many countries unlike the former colonial empires (Britain, France, Portugal, Spain etc.) have a very minor african community, thus it's very unlikely to see huge crowds of african people on the stands. Realistically It's common to count more african players on the pitch than african people on the stands.

9 hours ago, agent007 said:

ABSOLUTELY NOT WHAT I MEANT. I have been to many Panathinaikos games, and I have probably seen 2-3 African fans at the game. Far from being racist here. I just find it unrealistic that many games in FM have thousands of Africans amongst the crowd. I am offended at your comment. 

I suspect that's due to the skin tone setting in the template that Greek nationals are set to & maybe a lack of colour fidelity showing a more tanned skin tone at a darker shade than intended.

4 hours ago, Barside said:

I suspect that's due to the skin tone setting in the template that Greek nationals are set to & maybe a lack of colour fidelity showing a more tanned skin tone at a darker shade than intended.

I understand that, but they weren't a tanned shade. They were definitely much darker

Going back to one of my points regarding a smarter, dynamic AI. Each and EVERY time the AI is defending a corner, its like the image below. For a football 'sim' this is not what I want to see. This is another area that needs a good look at come FM18. 

I want to see the AI change their corner routines both defensively and when attacking. I think their attacking of corners can be quite flexible, as I have seen various types of deliveries; on defence however, is another cup of tea. Needs to be addressed. :) 

PS. Excuse the nets. I am using a custom net pack, and they aren't the best lol

Untitled.png

Nice stuff preveza. your suggestions will really add a lot more realism to the game.

Moreover, the AI setup for defensive corners is really a very basic part of the game and should not even be brought up as a point of improvement, especially for a game that has such a steep history.

SI please take note, these stuff really need to go into the upcoming edition. 

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, theballstopshere said:

Nice stuff preveza. your suggestions will really add a lot more realism to the game.

Moreover, the AI setup for defensive corners is really a very basic part of the game and should not even be brought up as a point of improvement, especially for a game that has such a steep history.

SI please take note, these stuff really need to go into the upcoming edition. 

Thank you. 

Cheers. Yeah, I just feel lots of areas have been untouched for far too long. It's disappointing. Interactions are far too repetitive, same questions, same answers. Defensive setups for ALL TEAMS are the same. Makes the game feel boring knowing that Crawley Town have the same defensive setup as Barcelona. Say's it all really. 

Social Feed idea: Im managing Newcastle United. Adam Armstrong is out on loan at Brighton in the EC, and after 20 apps, he has scored 12 goals. I decided to recall him from his loan. A good idea would be to see how my fans react; perhaps after doing well at Brighton, some fans could be excited about his future, and that it is a good thing to have him back , etc. Would be a nice addition to the Social Feed 

What else I would like to see in FM18/19

- Improved face generator (Our face or whichever other face we put in the game) I am sure improvements can be made to make it look even closer to real life. Also, PLEASE allow us to further customise our appearance. I decided to make my manager 140kg, and 5'7, but he still looks skinny/slightly overweight. Give us much more control here.  Please improve this. Would also like to see our manager more in the ME. Maybe a close up during the game if things are going bad or good; perhaps add a few animations. Would definitely add to the MATCHDAY experience, which is severely lacking. Would like to see more pre game stuff, and not just 5 second player walk ins. Shaking of the hands, lineups being shown on the pitch prior to kick off, notable injuries etc to show ON the pitch and not before the game. Matchday experience improvements would improve the game immensely and wow more people. 

- HEAPS more animations in the ME. Its been a slow improvement cycle in regards to the ME improving, at least animation wise. Bicycle kicks, rounding of the GK, lobs, passing, shooting animations all need to be improved. Slower build up play from the back would be nice as well. 

This has been mentioned. But this is a reason why I can't enjoy the game much this year. Wingers sitting way too wide and not caring about tucking in and playing a their role in defence. See both images. Man Utd controlling play here. Ayoze is is not caring about defending and helping the defenders out. Both 3d and 2d images depict this. It ruins immersion for me completely. If only the ME was much more realistic. 

Edit: What adds salt to the wound is that Ayoze is looking forward. 

Hope this is improved. Hoping its not 'fixed' via a band aid fix which causes issues elsewhere. 

Look forward to seeing what FM18 has in store. 

Untitled.png

ooo.png

Another note: Match odds: 

When huge underdogs come up against the massive favorites, the odds are always the same. Fav paying $1.17 and underdog paying $11.. There is no in between. Would love to see a side paying $20 to win or 20/1 in English betting terms. This also needs to be improved. 

• 6 months later...

Archived