Can't win a game

11 games in to my second season with Sunderland and the rut has set in and I've been beat 5 games in a row of relegation rivals. 

Seems to to happen all the time. What can be done to stop the rot and turn my form around??

10 minutes ago, CoolDjGuyFromBerlin said:

Dont manage Sunderland would be a great start  :D

Hows your tactics and the teams familiarity with them?

😂 your not wrong. 

Had as a good first season coming 10th but always seems to be the second season a rut sets in and there's literally nothing I can do about it. 

Many tactic is a 3-5-2 with wing backs and familiarity is just about full. 

Nobody can possibly give you help if you don't provide any information about your formation, tactics, team and player instructions and your players.  Head over to the Tactics forums, read their guidelines and start a new thread in there and you can get the help you need.

Having been a disbeliever in 'its your tactics' every time you're on a bad run, I'm now a believer. Kind of. I was on a bad run, tweaked my tactics and my form improved in the short to medium term. Sometimes it's your tactics, sometimes it's because your team just isn't good enough, sometimes it's just bad luck. I would try the tactics forum for hints though

That second season rut often happens because your team's reputation has changed, and with it the degree to which AI teams respect your team's ability.  Sunderland are a poor side, so the AI will be attacking and gift you space in behind that first season.  You took advantage of that space with a formation that's reasonably well-suited to it, and beat expectations to finish tenth. But now you're not regarded as such a poor side anymore.  So your opponents aren't going to be as attacking, you're going to have less space in behind to attack, and you'll need to adapt your tactics to the new reality.  

A lot of people don't, and that's a big part of why the second season is tough for a lot of players.

• HUNT3R locked this topic

Archived