Rememebr the old days?!?! [Bring this back!]

The Lol was in reference to a running joke in this thread, have a look through before you comment on that. I never ever use text-speak, it is abhorrent.

I think I made a completely fair comment upon his team-to-location distance. I apologise if you, or any others, were offended by it.

I notice you are an American in NY (lucky) supporting Arsenal. I probably have offended you. Sorry.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KharNivore:

Oh im sorry i forgot.. its completely unrealistic for a manager to set ticket prices, merch prices and offer free tickets.. my bad.. pfft..

One thing id lie kto see on thsi forum is the lack of elitist comments.. it was simply a suggestion.. And if you ask me personally it isnt unrealistic.. it STILL fits into the whole manager sim enviroment.. And it could help alot of people with fund problems or attendance issues.. THINK BEFORE YOU POST PLEASE.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only correct thing you've said is the first line here. Managers DO NOT SET TICKET PRICES.

The game is called football manager - therefore it should only cover what a football manager does.

The comments are in no way elitist, people are allowed to disagree - as you said - THINK BEFORE YOU POST

"bug fifa manager" is not elitist, you asked for features, those features are present on Fifa manager - it is a perfectly sensible suggestion, stop behaving like a sulky child just because people don't like your idea.

The fact of the matter is, this will NEVER happen in FM - SI have said so themselves, therefore, if you want features like this, go and buy fifa manager.

This thread will only degenerate, let's close it sharpish.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by richib:

spelling, criticism* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You also miss spelt you, your, because, don't, it's. - Text speak is not allowed on this forum, please make the effort to add an extra 2 letters to "U".

As to your post, real life managers do not set ticket prices, which is the only point here that is relevant.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ched:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KharNivore:

Oh im sorry i forgot.. its completely unrealistic for a manager to set ticket prices, merch prices and offer free tickets.. my bad.. pfft..

One thing id lie kto see on thsi forum is the lack of elitist comments.. it was simply a suggestion.. And if you ask me personally it isnt unrealistic.. it STILL fits into the whole manager sim enviroment.. And it could help alot of people with fund problems or attendance issues.. THINK BEFORE YOU POST PLEASE.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only correct thing you've said is the first line here. Managers DO NOT SET TICKET PRICES.

The game is called football manager - therefore it should only cover what a football manager does.

The comments are in no way elitist, people are allowed to disagree - as you said - THINK BEFORE YOU POST

"bug fifa manager" is not elitist, you asked for features, those features are present on Fifa manager - it is a perfectly sensible suggestion, stop behaving like a sulky child just because people don't like your idea.

The fact of the matter is, this will NEVER happen in FM - SI have said so themselves, therefore, if you want features like this, go and buy fifa manager.

This thread will only degenerate, let's close it sharpish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*BUY fifa manager, christ i can't type.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ched:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This statement right heere is why this thread degenerates. Your fault not his.

You are either completely oblivious to what a manager really does and does not do, or campaigning for a great deal of features to be taken out of the present game. My guess is neither of these actually, you just have no decent argument to make.

It might be intriguing to be able to see what the board are doing in terms of business activity. All boards act the same and really need some individuality; business competence should be one of many strands with which they differentiate.

But obviously the manager shouldn't be involved in ticket pricing, selling advertising boardings and other intricate financial dealings.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lonestar007:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are either completely oblivious to what a manager really does and does not do, or campaigning for a great deal of features to be taken out of the present game. My guess is neither of these actually, you just have no decent argument to make. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See, you keep going on about these so called unrealistic features.... yet ive still to see you list any of them.

Give us a list of unrealistic features of FM and let people debate them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lonestar007:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are either completely oblivious to what a manager really does and does not do, or campaigning for a great deal of features to be taken out of the present game. My guess is neither of these actually, you just have no decent argument to make. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bless.

Regardless of your opinions, SI have STATED that they won't be incorporating things that are not part of a MANAGERS job. Anybody that claims that football managers set ticket prices is either:

a) a troll

or

b) a halfwit

"opinion is that exercise of the human will which helps us to make a decision without information" - John Erskine

So you can say whatever you want, THIS FEATURE WILL NEVER HAPPEN IN FM.

It is in fifa manager, go and play that.

I maintain, regardless of what lonestar "thinks" this thread degenerated a long time ago. Close it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robin_trott_hoof:

It might be intriguing to be able to see what the board are doing in terms of business activity. All boards act the same and really need some individuality; business competence should be one of many strands with which they differentiate.

But obviously the manager shouldn't be involved in ticket pricing, selling advertising boardings and other intricate financial dealings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spot on. I think SI would wholeheartedly agree with you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D. Doyle:

See, you keep going on about these so called unrealistic features.... yet ive still to see you list any of them.

Give us a list of unrealistic features of FM and let people debate them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem.

Everything to do with the transfer market, other than recommending players to the board, is outside the manager's realm of work. This includes: all contract negotiations; buying/selling of players; arranging preseason tours and friendly games; feeder clubs; and even requesting to increase the stadium. There are several other smaller features as well.

Note that some more experienced and tenured managers may have some input in these areas, but that input is by no means final or determinative.

If you are campaigning for these features to be removed from the game, fine. The "not a manager's job" argument works for you. For everybody else, learn to make a respectable and intelligent argument that is not paper thin.

The truth is that only a few people on this thread have made a half decent argument against this idea.

Personally, I don't actually want this feature as it would probably create too many issues and bugs. However, I would welcome adding more flavor and control when the game basis so much and limits you in so many ways financially that are beyond your control.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D. Doyle:

Give us a list of unrealistic features of FM and let people debate them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem.

Everything to do with the transfer market, other than recommending players to the board, is outside the manager's realm of work. This includes: all contract negotiations; buying/selling of players; arranging preseason tours and friendly games; feeder clubs; and even requesting to increase the stadium. There are several other smaller features as well.

Note that some more experienced and tenured managers may have some input in these areas, but that input is by no means final or determinative.

If you are campaigning for these features to be removed from the game, fine. The "not a manager's job" argument works for you. For everybody else, learn to make a respectable and intelligent argument that is not paper thin.

The truth is that only a few people on this thread have made a half decent argument against this idea.

Personally, I don't actually want this feature as it would probably create too many issues and bugs. However, I would welcome adding more flavor and control when the game basis so much and limits you in so many ways financially that are beyond your control. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"learn to make a respectable and intelligent argument that is not paper thin"

The argument people were making here is SIs official response to this request EVERY SINGLE TIME IT IS BROUGHT UP.

SI maintain that the game should remain as such - a game - however they are ever trying to increase how realistic it is, yet maintain some degree of fun.

For this reason you will ALWAYS be able to sign players in FM.

They have repeatedly said they will not let you do cosmetic things like set ticket prices, design stadia, build stores, set merch prices etc etc etc.

These features ARE present in one of FMs competitors, hence the deluge of suggestions to buy that game, which is the ONLY way you will be able to have these features.

Bless.

Regardless of your opinions, SI have STATED that they won't be incorporating things that are not part of a MANAGERS job.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, they actually have not made a blanket statement like that.

Anybody that claims that football managers set ticket prices is either:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as I can tell, no one has claimed this. But well done for winning a non-existent argument and attempting to preemptively insult people at the same time.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heck of a statement there. Doubt it is something you can realistically claim. Actually, I would bet in many years to come almost every feature will be in the game. But hey, if I post it in caps it makes it true, right?

As far as Friendlies and Stadium expansions go...

Your Ass Man asigns the friendlies, you cant however intervene and personaly request them.

Doesnt strike me as "unrealistic".

Stadium Expansions also happen without you asking for them, you can ask the board but if the essentials arent in place you wont get an expansion.

Incidentaly all of the features you mentioned are critical to the running and enjoyment of the game.

Being able to let kids into games for free isnt exactly a gaping hole in FM's CV.

Bless.

Regardless of your opinions, SI have STATED that they won't be incorporating things that are not part of a MANAGERS job.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, they actually have not made a blanket statement like that.

Anybody that claims that football managers set ticket prices is either:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as I can tell, no one has claimed this. But well done for winning a non-existent argument and attempting to preemptively insult people at the same time.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heck of a statement there. Doubt it is something you can realistically claim. Actually, I would bet in many years to come almost every feature will be in the game. But hey, if I post it in caps it makes it true, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1/ not much more i can say other than - yes they have. Ov collyer specifically iirc.

2/ on the previous page someone was trying to justify that managers controlled tickets as ferguson got tickets for havant - i can't be bothered looking back a page, i'm sure you can do that.

3/ when SI add this feature feel free to correct me then - i wouldn't advise holding your breath.

You grow tedious, i'll leave you to argue this one.

I don't care about setting ticket or merchandise prices but I wouldn't mind a visual indicator of my stadium.

I suggested a long time ago and got flamed for it but I'd reckon some generic stadium-gen pics would be a good addition.

I'm not saying we should have a say in increases or design, but it would be nice to have something for the stadium other than a number. The game started as a text based game but we now have regen pics, kits and a 2D pitch, all of which would have been considered cosmetic years ago.

FM is obviously in front of where the others are at in terms of tactical gameplay and research, but what if the others catch up in the one or two areas that FM dominates. The newer generation of players will be attracted to the others because of all the bells and whistles with similar tactical gameplay whether we like it or not. Why would a new player buy a game that is similar to the others but doesn't have anything attractive?

In 10 years time SI will only be top of the pack if they have adopted some new cosmetic changes or they will be on a downward spiral because the competition improved their match engines while SI sat on their hands and rambled on about realism.

Again, I don't want to design stadiums, pick golf clubs and buy cars or anything but the game will need to become more visually stimulating(cosmetic) or it will be left behind when the competition improves the management side of things.

Having played USM 98/99, I can quite confidentley say this is something I never want to see implemnted.

At first, it was fun to set merchandising and ticket prices, but it soon became unbelievably tedious. Increasing prices slightly at the start of each season due to inflation and rising supplier costs soon became as much fun as being punced in the stomach by Mike Tyson. And as has been said many a time already, this has nothing to do with the manager of the football side of the business, there are other managers that do this. It's true that there are areas of the game that the manager would have little input in, but in terms of enjoyment to the game, it's important that we do. Setting prices really wouldn't increase the enjoyment of the game.

The idea of letting some seats out to schoolkids, or whoever for free has some merit, but again, how many people would use it? Few I doubt. Would it be fun? I doubt it. Is there much point to it? No.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheRandomGuy:

If people don't like your idea they're entitled to say so. It's a discussion forum, not an agree or don't post forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree totally.. i posted this expecting peopel to not liek the idea.. BUT its the way in which it comes across.. for example.. "buy fifa manager".. thats an elitist comment.. and has nothign to do with the idea its just an attempt to be funny and belittle an idea by referring a poster to another game as if my idea was way out of line.. ect.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, not its not. Its like you saying "Hey, Sims 2 would be cool, if you could go around shooting people and robbing cars." Thats not what the Sims is. Go buy Grand Theft Auto.

Go buy FIFA Manager.

No problem.

Everything to do with the transfer market, other than recommending players to the board, is outside the manager's realm of work. This includes: all contract negotiations; buying/selling of players; arranging preseason tours and friendly games; feeder clubs; and even requesting to increase the stadium. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif What are you on about. So far this season, our manager has negotiated contracts, bought players, arranged the preseason tour in spain, set up a link with a local club, and given advice on the new stadium. There are some situations where maybe one or two of the things you said are true; e.g. Spanish presidents buying players and merchandisers setting up asian tours. However, both of these things are in the game anyway!

omg, calm down peeps. right, firstly my vote is against the inclusion of any of the things mentioned in th OP.

1. i couldn't care less about giving tickets away

2. i accept what we get in gate receipts and season tickets to be an accurate representation of real life. if we were to have control, it could spiral out of control

3.i seriously wouldn't be able to play a season, because it would take too long setting everything just right

oh an usm2 was ace. was. until i played cm97/98 for the first time

This thread will only degenerate, let's close it sharpish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spot on, couldn't have put it better myself.

Khanivore, go and purchase Fifa Manager.

True ^

And im not arguing about the realism.. im just saying its a method of addign extra depth and giving us players more options to benefit our teams.. its little thigns lie kthat that make the game more fun.. was the team talk option essential? no but it worked.. was the media options essential? no but it worked.. Would adding a way of makign tickets cheaper or for free for certain games by request be essential? no.. but it would work and jsut be that little bit extra to the game.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Team talks have an impact on your team's performace, and are an inherent part of the manager's function. Media interaction has an impact on team morale, and therefore on team performance, and so is an inherent part of the manager's function. Setting ticket prices has no impact on team performance, and is not an inherent part of the manager's function. So, in my view, it has no place in FM.

If I thought SI might take this suggestion seriously, I would be more exercised about it. But it looks like a complete no-hoper.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I have a feeling the team at SI is confused if they should add more stuff like this to gain more customers- or to keep the game a pure real life simulation.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't. They wont add this to the game because it is a simulation.

Richib, the example you gave also is totally different to the manager giving school kids tickets. I very much doubt IRL Fergie tells the board to give out loads of free tickets. The board (or backroom staff anyway) decide that. Plus the PR staff probably thought of giving those tickets to Havant.

Archived