Are there any other teams like Athletic Bilboa?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chas (Psyatika):

I have a serious question for Bilbao managers.

The club is surely big enough to scout the entire world. Do you have the option to send scouts all over the world, so that you can get half Nigerian, half Basque players in your youth team?

I mean, it's a silly premise, that your knowledge of Nigeria determines how many Nigerian-born Spaniards turn up in the Basque country, but that's how FM works, so is it possible? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's very interesting point. might do test on it but i think the data require mean i need to play the game for like 10 seasons at least

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chas (Psyatika):

The club is surely big enough to scout the entire world. Do you have the option to send scouts all over the world, so that you can get half Nigerian, half Basque players in your youth team?

I mean, it's a silly premise, that your knowledge of Nigeria determines how many Nigerian-born Spaniards turn up in the Basque country, but that's how FM works, so is it possible? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

obviously it's a moot point. I've never even seen french-basque players generated (like Bixente Lizarazu) but there is one current player who's an international i believe for Venuzeula, Amorobieta, who was born there but to basque parents, or something like that!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dmmd98:

However that is a mute point since MLS eased this rules for the upcoming year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Moot. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

as far as I am aware, they are the only club that do this. It isn't a "Must", either. Its a combination of tradition, and fan appreciation that keeps the club signing the players. IIRC, they get players from 6 or 7 of the Basque provinces </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong. Barakaldo are also fierce Basque traditionalists and do the same thing, and there is a third team that is/can be playable in FM too, but I can't remember their name.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HyperMusic:

obviously it's a moot point. I've never even seen french-basque players generated (like Bixente Lizarazu) but there is one current player who's an international i believe for Venuzeula, Amorobieta, who was born there but to basque parents, or something like that! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why is it a moot point? And how is it "obvious"? Do you play as a team that only plays Basque players, and do you have extensive scouting knowledge of various parts of the world in the game? If so, then it is only obvious to you, which is why i asked. I don't think you what that expression means dude, no offence icon_wink.gif

Has anyone been able to get foreign-born Basque players in their youth teams because of extensive scouting knowledge, or is the game smart enough to make such strange occurrences a rarity?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HyperMusic:

obviously it's a moot point. I've never even seen french-basque players generated (like Bixente Lizarazu) but there is one current player who's an international i believe for Venuzeula, Amorobieta, who was born there but to basque parents, or something like that! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why is it a moot point? And how is it "obvious"? Do you play as a team that only plays Basque players, and do you have extensive scouting knowledge of various parts of the world in the game? If so, then it is only obvious to you, which is why i asked. I don't think you what that expression means dude, no offence icon_wink.gif

Has anyone been able to get foreign-born Basque players in their youth teams because of extensive scouting knowledge, or is the game smart enough to make such strange occurrences a rarity? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought the rules were (as far as being Basque goes) were that you had to be born in the region?

Thus you could have a couple of random split nationality youth players coming through who happened to be born there, but it would come down to local knowledge rather then world knowledge.

As by those rules having extensive knowledge of everywhere else is irrlevent, unless your scouts were some how good enough to tell pre-birth which players should get a crack at your youth team. icon_wink.gif

I play as Bilbao on every version of the game, but I haven't seen a Basque regen generated with other nationality than Spanish/Basque, but I think the quality of your regens is based somewhat on scouting knowledge (facilities, coaches and club reputation also, obviously), so scouting the entire world for players you can't buy, strangely enough, might get you better youngsters in this game, though I must admit I'm not entirly sure about it if and how much scouting knowledge affects regen quality.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I know there is another team in spain which only uses Basque players, I think they are lower league however. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was that Cultural Durango?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flanno7hi:

there is a team here in ireland in gort in galway i think called FC samba that is all brazilian nationals </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

**** me, i checked this out, and it's true! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey chas, ya we're all hoping that the teams brazillian/irish sons will be wonderkids and do the job in the future. A bit of a long shot icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skintsaint:

Do Bilboa only hire Basque Managers?

If so in game can you only take over if you are Basque?

If that makes sense... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not at all. Current manager is from Sevilla, and 10 years ago they have a german manager (jupp heynckes)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skintsaint:

Do Bilboa only hire Basque Managers?

If so in game can you only take over if you are Basque?

If that makes sense... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Howard Kendall was their manager in the 80s. icon_wink.gif

Archived