"The Winning"08 - ||A NEW tactical conjuration|| ••V.1.00•• ••|Updated Regually"••

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My target man is Eto'o who is very fast so I just play on the default fast setting. Are you saying that it may need to be a notch slower or faster? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I've read, people adjust the tempo a couple notches when they're not able to convert their shots into goals. I heard it makes a big difference.

I've only just finished my 1st season with Arsenal. I started off bad with a different tactic. Knocked out of FA and League Cup early. Lost and drew too many home games. I started using v1.0 during January and used it until the end of the season. I won nearly all my home games, occasionally drawing, rarely losing.

I ended up 3rd in the league, but I couldn't have hoped for anything better. If I didn't use this tactc I would have been about 8th.

I won the Champions league. v1.0 saved me in the semi-finals. After losing 4-1 away to Madrid, I won 3-0 at home and went through on away goals. Then using v2.0 against Barca in te finals, I won 3-1.

Try adjusting a few things such as creative freedom of players, tempo etc. It should help.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like good tactic. Only bad thing is that roma and juventus makes 7 or more goals per game. Well i had that problem with 5-4-1 tactic too. Weird because i have best goalie and best defender(s) (by awards and skills). So when those teams makes 30 goals on my net in season and my goal difference is smt like 70-50... Weird indeed.

Reputation is too big part in this game...

Ive tested this tactic with Barca, Wolves, Arsenal, Swansea, Horsham, Ajax, PSV, Holland, Brazil, Boca, Columbia, Colo Colo, And Villareal.

I had very good results away from home aswell as home

Use V.1.00 for home games, and turn the wingbacks into full backs and the DMC into a MC for away games

JE

I have done some experimenting with it, but found the defense a bit too bad. Made a few adjustments and am doing really well. Most changes have been a change in attacking mentality to more "normal" settings (wb less attacking than wingers for example) and most importantly I have made changes to closing down, letting the DM close down much more, same applies for the DCs, who used to stand around and watch way too much for my taste. Am more than happy to share some screenshots of the adjustments, if anyone cares

Jack Edwards: wrote a question 3msgs above, would be interested in your statement regarding target man, thx

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have made changes to closing down, letting the DM close down much more, same applies for the DCs, who used to stand around and watch way too much </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not good if DC's close down, because the DC opens up a space, the person you close down plays a through ball or something and they will be on goal. It's better if the fullbacks close down and DC's stay in position to stop any holes opening up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by teeyougee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have made changes to closing down, letting the DM close down much more, same applies for the DCs, who used to stand around and watch way too much </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not good if DC's close down, because the DC opens up a space, the person you close down plays a through ball or something and they will be on goal. It's better if the fullbacks close down and DC's stay in position to stop any holes opening up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in theory I would agree with you, but in FM it seems to work a LOT better when the DCs actually close down, resulting in early tackling and reducing shots on goal, which way too often end in goals... especially with these tactics.

I found that with my closing down settings the defense allows much less chances and as a result creates more in counter attacking.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jack Edwards:

Opul, download V.2.00. Most of it is changed. The WBS Are now FBS and i set it as target man because i like the settings. OK? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am using both v 1.00 and v 2.00, depending on who I play.

My question was basically, if there is a point in setting target man settings, without a target man being used (in other words the "target man" box unticked). I was wondering if your idea is to use a target man, as you have been writing on page 1.

Just trying to understand the logic behind it and if target man instructions would actually have any effect on the tactics at all, if the target man box is unticked.

Hello all!

V3 Is out on Saturday the 22nd of December, there is several new features, this may be the last ever version.. Im thinking about carrying on but im not too sure!

• Shape Change - MC made to a DMC Again

• Team Mentality Changed - Same goals, More Defense

• Player mentality - DMC no longer Attackingly mided

• Several other changes

JE

God bless!

i don't get some of these posts i've tried loads of tactics this one aswell version 2 and i didn't find it to be that promising but obviusly other peopl e have but when ever people post messages saying they haven't had success other members always they it's like the best tactic ever bit weird that!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jack Edwards:

Ive tested this tactic with Barca, Wolves, Arsenal, Swansea, Horsham, Ajax, PSV, Holland, Brazil, Boca, Columbia, Colo Colo, And Villareal.

I had very good results away from home aswell as home

Use V.1.00 for home games, and turn the wingbacks into full backs and the DMC into a MC for away games

JE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for so many questions but I just want to get this tactic to work for my team. Ok when you say turn wingbacks into fullbacks and DMC into MC, do you mean I should still use v1.0 and just move the players around or should I be switching to v2.0?

Btw, I'm currently trying to get v2.0 to work. Last season my team experienced a horrendous slump in April and I think part of it had to do with me switching from v1.0 to 2.0 and then back again. I think the team lost cohesion because I kept switching tactics. Do you find this to be true in your games when you switch from one tactic to the other?

I'm starting to give up on both of these tactics. I just don't know why, but the team seems to become impotent every other away game and this is with v2.0. I'm adjusting tempo, adjusting CF for some players, even adjusting forward runs and run with ball, and even tried ticking Counter-Attack option on. The team just refuses to respond. I simply cannot get any consistency with either tactic.

This is just to add to my post above. The biggest frustration I have is seeing my team putting 15-20 shots on goal practically every game and only see 1 or 2 goals scored while the opposing keeper gets a 10 rating, yes a 10, even in a loosing effort!

I kind of realize that all these chances not going in has to do with tempo, but is it advisable to lower it too far down? I thought the idea behind this tactic was to make it score fast. All the team is doing is bombarding the goal from every which angle but the ball rarely goes in. And all this with world class players.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dirty_ACE:

This is just to add to my post above. The biggest frustration I have is seeing my team putting 15-20 shots on goal practically every game and only see 1 or 2 goals scored while the opposing keeper gets a 10 rating, yes a 10, even in a loosing effort!

I kind of realize that all these chances not going in has to do with tempo, but is it advisable to lower it too far down? I thought the idea behind this tactic was to make it score fast. All the team is doing is bombarding the goal from every which angle but the ball rarely goes in. And all this with world class players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also encounter this prob. I rain shots at opponent like nobody business n yet i can only score 1 (at most 2) or even worst no score draw. Torres is my main striker some more.

Guest muff007

I think its a bit silly your strikers missing all these good chances because your team is playing a high tempo. Think about it? In real football when a striker gets those sort of chances the only thing that matters is his ability to remain composed and his finishing ability. Therefore its silly for Torres to miss 4 one on ones in a game with high tempo when he'll score a hatrick if you lower the tempo slightly.

Very Silly TBH!

Guest muff007

I'm very successful at home with Jack's v1.00 tactic but away I seem to only draw. 5 in a row now! Usually 2-2 or 3-3 lol.

I'm wandering is this tinkering between home and away tactics upsetting the rhythm of the team? Therefore would it be in my best interests to try and find one single tactic that works home and away? In my experience v1.00 is inconsistent away so I might need a complete rethink although I'd love to keep playing V1.00 at home.

Any ideas?

This is by far the most ludicrous tactic in the history of FM/CM. My first team walk the league scoring twice as many as everyone else, but even more entertainingly, my reserves finish mid table, losing or winning every game about 6-2, and maybe the odd 5-5 draw.

If only real football was so good...

Jack

It would be useful when you release v.3 if you would explain in a bit more details the changes from v.1/v.2.

I'm currently using v.1 with a lot of success defensively as I've modified the DM and WBs into FBs. I'm interested in how you have tweaked the defence to be improved in v.3 and how you have increased attack.

Cheers

Lloydey

Hey Jack,

Thanks a lot for this tactic.. you've managed to rekindle my interest in FM! (been playing since CM2, but haven't enjoyed the last two games).

I'm using version2 and surprisingly cont re to other people it seems to work better for me away then at home.

Won french triple in my first season at Marseille, losing once away and tree times at home so, really pleased.

Had to tweak it a bit as i was getting some ridiculous score lines.. 4-3, 5-4, 6-5.

Seem to always score minimum of two away goals though sometimes struggle to get more than one goal against cr*p opposition at home..

Alendro Gomez (50k, 20 y.o Argentinian) had a ridiculous season scoring about 15 goals ad 21 assists!

Keep up good work!

Anyway thanks again!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tombog:

Had to tweak it a bit as i was getting some ridiculous score lines.. 4-3, 5-4, 6-5.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Care to share with us what tweaks you've done?

Well I've finally figured out some stuff with v2.0. Thanks to Jack and others for trying to help me. Like I said earlier in my posts, I was very frustrated with the conversion rate. My team was creating a ton of chances but barely anything went in.

Ok, now in my attempt to help those of you who are still struggling, I'll list the tweaks I've done to make the tactic a success for my team.

Now remember, these tweaks are for v2.0. I have not tested them on 1.0 at all. Here we go:

1. Ok, like many here have said, tempo does play a vital part in the tactics, so you really have to feel around for several matches and see which setting suits your team. For me at Barca I found that the default quick setting was too fast, so I lowered it to just the first notch of quick. This is the setting I play most of my matches.

Now sometimes I will still adjust it in certain matches, either take it down a notch or take it up a notch, just depends on how I'm doing. If I'm winning then I don't touch it.

2. Here's another tweak which is a must in my opinion, creative freedom. I believe some people have already mentioned this earlier but I'll also say it. It's important.

If you look at the default creative freedom settings in v2.0 you'll see that both wingers have it on the first notch of much, while the right sided AMC's creative freedom is maxed out. This also adds to your team's problems of scoring. Players will try taking crazy shots instead of keeping to the basics more or less.

What I did is lower the creative freedom for both wingers to just the first notch after the mid point of the slider. For that AMC with maxed out CF, I lowered it to just the first notch of much. This AMC also has Free Role selected, which I sometimes leave on or turn off. Not really sure if it affects him though, I just haven't noticed.

Now I also went ahead and lowered the striker's CF to just the first notch of normal, this way I tried to cut out as much BS from his instructions as possible. I want him to just put the ball in the net, nothing else. I think in some cases his CF should be lowered even farther to like the highest notch of little. I think it just depends on the striker you have. Mine is Samuel Eto'o and he seems to be much more productive in front of the goal on the setting I stated above.

Ok, the tweaks I've listed above are a must in my opinion. The ones I've listed below are up to you, just depends on how you're team is doing.

3. Sometimes, in certain matches I also play around with the CF setting for the left sided AMC. The only tweaking I do there is lower the CF by a notch or two, I never raise it. The reason for that is because he's my other big scoring threat and I also want him to just put the ball into the net.

4. The other tweak I implement sometimes in big matches (especially away matches) is I'll turn on the Counter Attack option. Also, if I'm already leading and I'm playing a big team which I know will try its hardest to get even with me, I'll decrease the width to the highest setting of narrow, and usually leave the tempo on either the first or second setting of quick.

This I've done so far very successfully against Real Madrid in 4 matches, against Valencia in 3 matches, and a few other big teams from Europe.

5. This tweak is not tactical but psychological. Team talks. These can do absolute wonders for your team. They can even make up for tactical deficiencies if you get them right.

Here's a link to a very helpful guide recently posted: http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717/m/1172031963

I seriously recommend reading it as it will add a whole new dimension to your game.

Well, I hope my recommendations will help those of you still struggling.

Well I was using V.1 for home and then changing WB to FB and making the DMC to a MC for away games and was having mixed success. I was in 9th position in the Championship with Ipswich. Anyway after I beat Leicester in the FA Cup in January I decided just to use V.2 without making any tweaks and I cant believe what a change it made. My next 24 games went like this W17 D5 L2. This includes Ipswich making the 6th round of FA Cup finally losing to Arsenal 5-2.

I won the Championship by 1 point from Sheff Utd. I scored 68 goals and only conceded 24. My top 2 scorers were my AMCs Danny Haynes got 30 and Pablo Piatti got 22. With Pablo Counago getting 14 and Charles Andre Doudin getting 17 you can see my strikers chipped in well. I also scored 17 goals from corners and scored 107 goals in the whole season.

I now have my budget for next season and the board have given my £13m to avoid relegation and the wage budget is £250k. So hopefully with just a couple of signings , left & right back hopefully I'll be okay.

But in my opinion use V.2 and no tweaking.

This tactic is da bomb...thought id add that comment...

im currently on course with man u to win all trophies entered

prem

champions league

league cup

FA cuo

world club champs already

charity shield already

eurpo super cup already

highest score this season 9-1 FAcup 3

games in league no defeats 33

2 draws in last 50 competitve games, all others victories

not failed to score in competitve games all season and only few times since using this tactic

4 or more golas 9/10 of last 10 games

a few notes..i have not changed my squad in 3 seasons and all key players are almost 30 or over, so a transition will be coming in the next few seasons, expecting to lose my stranglehold on club football at this time icon_frown.gif

i have cheated mind you and bought ronaldinho and messi, with berbatov and cech, alothough my transfer income has topped 40m, i added a few mill icon_biggrin.gif My squad was once youthful and would rip any team apart so you might say 'Well any one could win trophies with that squad' bt truthfully how many people post on these forums moaning that they have all the talent at their disposal but fail to win, i say USE THIS TACTIC. Also, my few acquistions are getting old but still are dominating proceedings...

KUTGW JE

Lloydey, V.2.00 had done what you have done in the above post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but v2 seemed to do a whole lot more with the mentality which changed the dynamic of the team generally and made it more difficult to create chances.

Hey All!

V.3.01 Is here! there was a V.3.00 but that wasnt the best i could do for you guys!

• - AMC mentalities changed - Scores More Goals - Less long range shots

• - Team Mentalities changed - free flowing football - Doesnt make mistakes alot

• - Perfected Team Settings

Download:

Link One

http://www.sendspace.com/file/c1movx

Link Two

http://www.mediafire.com/?d1gnyu3dzgd

Link Three

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/753a0ff3f5_0.1MB

Hope you all enjoy!

JE

time for some feedback from my side, even so I gave up on these tactics for a bit, after not getting my questions answered properly by the creator, giving me the impression that he doesn't know a reasonable answer icon_razz.gif

Having tried basically 3 tactics to a serious extend (chopper, beautiful football and this one), all with ManU, I have to say that the first season or 2 (maybe even 3) it doesn't much matter which tactics you use, as long as they are reasonable... with a good team that is.

The real test begins IMO when a couple of seasons go by (am in season 5 now) and other teams start mounting a more serious threat. I have reached that point with the until then successful tactics and couldn't get the team to convince me anymore at all (or the fans or board for that matter).

After a string of bad results with various tactics, I gave Dirty_ACE's variations to these tactics a try.. having had implemented a few of his ideas already on my own, but basically giving it the finishing touch. I averaged 4-1 in 7 games until then, even so admittingly I haven't had the BIG test yet, even so playing some strong sides (e.g. West Ham, who made CL and serious title challenges for 3 years going ...)

Since none of the big teams are up for another 15 rounds oddly enough I will report back after a longer period of testing, even so the player ratings and scores have been very pleasing so far.

Archived