Become a chairman after retirement

jordan199936

16 minutes ago, jordan199936 said:

I never said change the name of the game it was just something i thought would be good thing to add to the game to make it better 

The sticky thread specifically mentions that this isn't really a valid idea. You would literally be doing nothing but press continue. Technically it's not doing nothing, but it's going to be damn boring. You've suggested nothing at all to change that.

Just now, jordan199936 said:

Ive suggested nothing at all to change what 

You've suggested nothing that makes the mode/feature interesting. Nothing to do. No features. It's just "become a chairman". Okay, so I become a chairman. Now what?

On the flip side, to make this even remotely interesting, would require quite a lot of additions. That's a lot of cost/man hours for a feature that not many will use.

Well i thought people that play football manager would know stuff about football so i thought that people would not need to be told what a football chairman does. It doesnt take alot of thinking to work it out and you might not be interested in it but other people will be.

Just now, jordan199936 said:

Well i thought people that play football manager would know stuff about football so i thought that people would not need to be told what a football chairman does. It doesnt take alot of thinking to work it out and you might not be interested in it but other people will be.

The pinned thread clearly reads:  "Unless of course it's a request for the game to become 'Football Chairman', allow the manager to spend their own money or to do any other task a Football Manager simply would never do."

You're suggesting that SI think of reasons to implement the thing they don't want to implement.

7 minutes ago, jordan199936 said:

So before you start your new career have the option to be a manager or a chairman 

You still haven't addressed the issue and neither have 99% of users who have suggested this in the past - "What would you do?", what is the game play?

I have seen one user make an in depth attempt to suggest features & game play for a Chairman mode and he could only come up with maybe an hours worth of game play then nothing.

16 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

The sticky thread specifically mentions that this isn't really a valid idea. You would literally be doing nothing but press continue.

TBH that's basically what you do anyway in FM, all you would be doing is swapping player lists for food menus and the like. Imagine having to decide what cleaning company to hire to clean the toilets or having to deal with HRMC when you fail to pay your staff the minimum wage, it would be so exciting.

Something that would make it even more thrilling would be the ability to embezzle money and fiddle the tax

Exactly i mean you cant even chose a specific kind of training you want to do all you can do is attacking training or defending training etc they would do much more in depth trining than that then u might buy a few player pick a team and watch about 50 games before you do the same thing again the season after 

1 hour ago, jordan199936 said:

I never said change the name of the game it was just something i thought would be good thing to add to the game to make it better 

Football Manager is about managing club with the highest rank to manage club is head coach. Chairman is to manage Company Club.  It's so different.. there so many Chairman can't do in this game. So it will be so pointless..

16 minutes ago, jordan199936 said:

To me a football manger manages the team a chairman takes care of club matter such as appointing the manager and making sure the finances are in the best possible shape 

Personally speaking, I would like to do Vladimir Romanov and just go mental. I would just start hiring and firing managers on a weekly basis, buying players we don't need and can't afford for ridiculous amounts of money

1 minute ago, jordan199936 said:

Well i think it would be good being able to decide how you want your football club to be structured and deciding how to run the club 

I think Head Coach position in this game already did all of that. Structured and run the club. the things Head Cooach can't do is fire Chairman or Managing Director...

• 10 months later...

Archived