The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

Tbf I watched the 6-2 game recently and one of the offsides (Wallace?) especially was terrible officiating.

I wasn't trying to point score with the Lennon one, just thought it was personally the decision that enraged me the most icon_mad.gificon_wink.gif

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by BWCH:

Oh, and it won't happen, but hypothetically; how would you lot honestly feel if we re-signed Larsson on a short-term deal?

Would be happy, He's not the player he once was and you'd be spending money on someone that would be gone in 6 months (or so).

I'm currently listening to Clyde 1, and Davie Provan was talking about the situation. He was saying that he's been talking to someone that was scouting a Helsingborg's player and the scout said that Larsson's leg's are starting to go.

Larsson is now playing at a level where he'll do well.

Oh, and it won't happen, but hypothetically; how would you lot honestly feel if we re-signed Larsson on a short-term deal?

Would he want to return after the way he was treated the last time he was there?

• SI Staff

Would rather you not have Larsson than have him tbh, although it's just been on SSN that he's signed a new deal with Helsingborgs

Anyway, be interesting to see if Fleck starts tomorrow. I would like him to although if he does well the hype is going to go into overdrive

Not sure about that, not from the Rangers support anyway, we've never been the lot to give players easy rides especially youth players. I remember all the hype given to Burke for instance by the media - there was even a TV programme - and it's only now that he's he even remotely starting to live up to that hype.

Fleck might well be good, but so was Barry's wee bother when he broke through at 16 and look what happened to him. Its more likely some of the support will get on the lads back if he isn't an instant hit, he didn't cost £10M after all and there are some fans who seem to think spending money is what football is about.

• SI Staff

If Fleck has a good game then our support are going to get hyped up and demand he plays every week.

Was interesting to see some comments from Naismith saying he's sometimes one of the best in training and sometimes on a par with everyone else but then you have to remember he's only 16 and still developing.

• SI Staff

Which leaves us with a fixture list that looks like this...

SUN 13 JAN: East Stirling (H) - Scottish Cup

WED 16 JAN: Gretna (A) - SPL

SUN 20 JAN: Inverness CT (A) - SPL

WED 23 JAN: Celtic (A) - SPL (unless we draw with East Stirling)

SAT 26 JAN: St Mirren (H) - SPL

WED 30 JAN: Hearts (N) - League Cup

SAT 02 FEB: Hibernian (A) - Scottish Cup (if we beat East Stirling)

WED 06 FEB: INTERNATIONALS

SAT 09 FEB: Falkirk (H) - SPL

WED 13 FEB: Panathinaikos - UEFA Cup

SUN 17 FEB: Kilmarnock (A) - SPL

WED 20 FEB: Panathinaikos - UEFA Cup

SUN 24 FEB: Gretna (H) - SPL

WED 27 FEB: Hearts (A) - SPL

SAT 01 MAR: Aberdeen (H) - SPL

THU 06 MAR: Free / UEFA Cup 4th Round

SAT 08 MAR: Free / Scottish Cup 6th Round

WED 12 MAR: Free / UEFA Cup 4th Round

SUN 16 MAR: Motherwell (A) - SPL / League Cup Final

WED 19 MAR: Free

SAT 22 MAR: Hibernian (H) - SPL

WED 26 MAR: INTERNATIONALS

SAT 29 MAR: Celtic (H) - SPL

WED 02 APR: Free / UEFA Cup/CL QF

SAT 05 APR: Dundee Utd (A) - SPL

WED 09 APR: Free / UEFA Cup/CL QF

SAT 12 APR: Free / Scottish Cup Semi Final

Still to be scheduled: St Mirren (A) - SPL

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GingerFurball:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stan petrov:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GingerFurball:

Cheers for biting Stan. icon14.gif

very mature of yourself, as usual. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just a shame it wasn't HH. Would have been far more entertaining. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sadly, he's probably dissapeared again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You replied to my post in the Celtic thread yet liar?

• SI Staff

So... this leaves us with a fixture list that looks like this...

WED 16 JAN: Gretna (A) - SPL

SUN 20 JAN: Inverness CT (A) - SPL

WED 23 JAN: East Stirling (H) - Scottish Cup

SAT 26 JAN: St Mirren (H) - SPL

WED 30 JAN: Hearts (N) - League Cup

SAT 02 FEB: Hibernian (A) - Scottish Cup (if we beat East Stirling)

WED 06 FEB: INTERNATIONALS

SAT 09 FEB: Falkirk (H) - SPL

WED 13 FEB: Panathinaikos - UEFA Cup

SUN 17 FEB: Kilmarnock (A) - SPL

WED 20 FEB: Panathinaikos - UEFA Cup

SUN 24 FEB: Gretna (H) - SPL

WED 27 FEB: Hearts (A) - SPL

SAT 01 MAR: Aberdeen (H) - SPL

THU 06 MAR: Free / UEFA Cup 4th Round

SAT 08 MAR: Free / Scottish Cup 6th Round

WED 12 MAR: Free / UEFA Cup 4th Round

SUN 16 MAR: Motherwell (A) - SPL / League Cup Final

WED 19 MAR: Free

SAT 22 MAR: Hibernian (H) - SPL

WED 26 MAR: INTERNATIONALS

SAT 29 MAR: Celtic (H) - SPL

WED 02 APR: Free / UEFA Cup/CL QF

SAT 05 APR: Dundee Utd (A) - SPL

WED 09 APR: Free / UEFA Cup/CL QF

SAT 12 APR: Free / Scottish Cup Semi Final

Still to be scheduled: St Mirren (A) - SPL, Celtic (A) - SPL

So lets hope the Gretna game isn't postponed if all this rain keeps up and we don't draw with Hibernian in the cup.

When you look it it, there is a fair chance of the Gretna game being off and possibly even the Inverness one next weekend if the weather up there is poor. Then if we were to beat Hearts in the league cup, the Motherwell game would need to be rearranged. That would leave us with these games all needing to be fitted in somewhere.

St Mirren (A), Celtic (A), Gretna (A), Inverness (A), Motherwell (A)

And if we get through in the UEFA Cup against Panathinaikos then that takes away even more possible dates.

Originally posted by McD:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Anton:

Can we borrow your 'you can run but you cant hide' banner for the weekend please?

Why not get one of the Einsteins in your support to misspell your own? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by GingerFurball:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Anton:

Can we borrow your 'you can run but you cant hide' banner for the weekend please?

Why, do you want to check the correct spelling of "Celtic"?

One of the conspiracy theories doing the rounds is that we deliberately left our sprinklers on. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you would probably played for a draw if the game was on anyway icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by tony_cfc:

i'll take 2nd in the CL group every year, sure you would have this year too icon_cool.gif

2nd in your CL group and 3rd in the SPL, are you still happy?

I'll take the title because at the end of the day, it's the bread and butter and Europe is simply the jam but you can't survive on jam.

• SI Staff
Originally posted by tony_cfc:

has a date been set for your game against st mirren?

if not i wonder if they will set a date for that or the OF game first

No.

Old Firm game will probably be on 19th March I would think. Be easier to slot in St. Mirren somewhere later on in the schedule.

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tony_cfc:

i'll take 2nd in the CL group every year, sure you would have this year too icon_cool.gif

2nd in your CL group and 3rd in the SPL, are you still happy?

I'll take the title because at the end of the day, it's the bread and butter and Europe is simply the jam but you can't survive on jam. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your making it sound as if the league is won

i like the little metaphor type phrase though, pretty good icon_smile.gif

what if we draw each other in the cup, 4 OF games in the space of about 2 months then a possibility

Archived