The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• SI Staff

Utter pish.

Whittaker has been offering Hutton no support at all. We badly need Barry on to organise everything and some threat up front.

Cousin has been pish as well, I would haul him off.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FF doing the usual "omg Boyd is like playing with 10 men" thing again icon14.gif

they should just get used to the fact that the guy is never going to be a Dado style player making runs, he comes alive in the box and they have to get used to it. He's done practically nothing in that first half because he's had nothing to work with from Whittaker or Beasley

he actually made a chance with a nice turn, but couldn't get his foot on to it, made it out of nothing as well

Well, that was easily the worst half of our season so far. We just didn't have a midfield, I said I was interested to see Faye but hopefully we won't see him too much this season. Credit to Hearts though, there were very positive and looked a lot hungrier.

Great start to the 2nd half, stupid challenge from Neilson and definite pen. Midfield already looking better and Whittaker is getting into better positions. Worrying thing is the defence, hasn't looked solid at all, Cuellar looking out of sorts.

Would take a draw if offered one now.

Originally posted by TM:

to be fair to him, it's 100mph up here and I don't think he was ready for a SPL debut

playing in a cup might have been a bit better when it's usually lower division opposition

Yeah, I don't think we should right him off and it probably wasn't the best game to start him in. Ferguson should have started because he must still be on a high after Wednesday and didn't even play on Saturday. Thomson looks more comfortable now he is on.

Originally posted by Jorg:

Another definite pen. Shocking performance today. icon13.gif

abysmal performance, my dog who is 12 could get past this Hearts defence icon13.gif but we've made them look good

Vlad to come out in the papers and proclaim that Hearts will be SPL champs then icon14.gif

we'd need another goal in the next 5 minutes and then Hearts might get a bit tetchy

defence is shocking though, Cuellar playing like Konterman and Weir playing like an old granny

btw, can somebody go and stab Booth or something, please just do it so I don't have to listen to this arsehole

no excuses, shocking performance icon13.gif

although if you want some excuses, 2 deflected goals from Hearts and Neilson should have went with the Rangers pen as he was already on a yellow icon_wink.gif

not great, but could hopefully give anyone in that squad who thought we were going to get through SPL games easily a big kick up the arse

Europe icon_frown.gif

We're gonna get murdered.

The penalty turned it though, we would have won and it shows how much the team depends on Ferguson. Cousin I think really, he isn't good enough. Beasley still haven't seen anything at all from him.

Cuellar was woeful today, but tbf to the lad he has been brilliant so far and we all have off days, same with McGregor not going to fault him at all.

It's not the losing, it's who we lost to. But never mind had come crashing back to reality sometime.

not going to get on Cuellar or McGregor's case at all, Cuellar is a class act and McGregor is probably the 2nd best Scottish keeper at the moment icon14.gif

Cousin has been good so I won't get on his case either, without service strikers can't really do a lot as shown by Boyd/Cousin/JCD etc

I can handle defeat it's all part and parcel of the game however the level of perfomance that was on show today is not something to be proud of. We were ****ing abysmal and not one player can come out of the game with their head held up high.

Not many of the players out there today have ever experienced Walter's infamous wrath but after today they will and that is a good thing.

Credit to Hearts though, They wanted it and deserved it.

• SI Staff

Don't really think we've offered enough to win today and Hearts have taken their chances. Fair play to them.

Whittaker was terrible, Cousin wasn't much better but there was a severe lack of service to the attackers.

Simply not good enough.

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Even if he did want to 'rest' Ferguson, what the hell was wrong with Hemdani? Does Walter no' like him?

I would put money on Hemdani playing on Wednesday though!

Altho hard to bear, perhaps this result is the wake up call that the team needs to remind them that they are not all-conquering and have a lot of work to do to ensure success.

Very, very poor.

Had a funny feeling we'd struggle today and we certainly did. Can't remember the last time Hutton and McGregor had a bad game and both were awful. Cuellar had his worst game since he arrived and Papac was also terrible.

Our midfield were all well below par and although Thomson did a wee bit better once Ferguson was brought on, all of them will be bitterly disappointed with their contribution.

The strikers obviously suffered from a lack of service but only JCD could really say he worked hard and coped with the physical aspect of Hearts' defence.

Stuttgart game is ideal to get the minds focused once more and get us back on track. No time to feel sorry for ourselves - players, coaches or support!

Archived