The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Andy "Muzza" Murray:

Is Cousin deal all wrapped up with Fulham even if they go down? I'd have thought it wouldn't be but I have no idea.

Don't really know tbh. I would have thought that it would have collapsed, but you can always hope.

Originally posted by FrazT:

For wednesday:

McGregor, Naismith and Burke injured

Cousin banned

Smith and Beasley not registered

21 to pick from

Anybodies guess as to the line up.

Alexander; Broadfeet, Cuellar, Weir, Papac; Hemdani; Davis, Ferguson, Thomson, Novo; Darcheville.

Tbf to Kirk, he's a player who will give 110% every game. Just wish he'd learn to take throw ins. If we get a decent right back in during the summer, Broadfeet will be back to the stands, but I think he deserves his place for the UEFA Final.

Really icon_wink.gif

i appreciate the boy gives it his all and knows his limitations but that is part of the problem, he knows he's limited so he backs off and backs off a lot of the time because he knows if he gets done he's too slow to get back

maybe i'm unneccessarily harsh on the boy but i don't think we can have a place for sentiment in whether ppl deserve a starting place

Broadfoot isn't too bad a defender, it's just everything else that he is useless at.

His throw-in's are a joke and must be one of Coisty's wind-ups because there is no other reason for picking him to take them every game.

yeah i guess we're on the same page then icon_biggrin.gif i can't see him being dropped either but i can hope

god i hope hibs get a point today; esp after beckenbauer caldwell dropped another pint of misplaced arrogance in one of the papers today

Think Celtic will win 3-0, two offside goals and a penalty that never was, Hibs have three players sent off for no reason - but that's all ok no corruption there!

Don't care either, win at Fir Park and we're Champions anyway.

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Don't care either, win at Fir Park and we're Champions anyway.

Doubt it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't really care what you think, why don't you go make a sheep thread.

Yeah, I made one in about October I think. No-one other than me posted in it. (other than on the night of the of the Copenhagen game when everyone did)

I've only seen a max of 2 or 3 other dons fans in OTF and they hardly ever come on.

Could try again next season although it'll just be pointless probably.

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Yeah, I made one in about October I think. No-one other than me posted in it. (other than on the night of the of the Copenhagen game when everyone did)

I've only seen a max of 2 or 3 other dons fans in OTF and they hardly ever come on.

Could try again next season although it'll just be pointless probably.

I'm sure I've seen at least three. Just make a rest of the SPL thread, you can all cry in there icon_razz.gif

So we've been linked with Shittu icon13.gif

We have Broadfoot and maybe Webster as cover for defence, we need to be signing a top quality centre back to replace Weir, not another of Sir Tightwad's bargain *****. Obviously the money from Hutton and the European run has been used in Bain's sunbeds icon13.gif

Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Could just have a general SPL thread for teams outwith the Old Firm since they aren't enough users to contribute to individial club threads.

have one thread for the gang of twelve, and one for both halves of the old firm.

much hilarity. icon14.gif

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Think Celtic will win 3-0, two offside goals and a penalty that never was, Hibs have three players sent off for no reason - but that's all ok no corruption there!

Well I was close enough.

Originally posted by Frankie:

I can't remember them complaining when we were denied a perfectly fair goal when they beat us earlier this season...?

Or when Darcheville was a yard onside and clean through on goal in the cup final and flagged? Or when Lee Wilkie assaulted Novo after his goal in the second Tannadice game and didn't get so much as a telling off?

Levein's the Arsene Wenger of Scottish football. Good brain for the game, but possesses the gift of selective sight and is a sore, obnoxious, hypocritical little man in defeat. Should be a prime candidate for the Celtic job.

Originally posted by McD:

Or when Darcheville was a yard onside and clean through on goal in the cup final and flagged? Or when Lee Wilkie assaulted Novo after his goal in the second Tannadice game and didn't get so much as a telling off?

We 'always, ALWAYS' get the decisions though...?

No other team benefits from the odd officiating mistake.... Especially not Celtic.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McD:

No other team benefits from the odd officiating mistake.... Especially not Celtic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No no no Frankie. The officials make genuine mistakes in their favour, but cheat in favour of us, do get it right!

Wouldn't be surprised if Levein sent out his youth side in the last game of the season out of spite.

Wouldn't be surprised if Levein sent out his youth side in the last game of the season out of spite.

as long as we get the job done and take 9pts out of 9, then it doesn't really matter what he does

probably been confirmed at sometime when I wasn't bothering, but the BBC have a small interview with McGregor who has been ruled out of the team for the season. Remember reading an interview with Neil Alexander the other day in a paper saying McGregor could possibly make the UEFA Final, guess they were talking rubbish

such a shame for Alan though, possibilities of a UEFA Cup Final winners medal and he won't get one - unless it's not just the matchday squad who get one? Alexander has done well for us though so I'm happy to see him in goal

Shame for Allan - he's had a great season and for his save in Bremen alone (one of the best saves I've ever seen - period) he deserves a medal.

Neil Alexander has come in and done a great job as well - lad deserves lots of credit for the way he's played. £500K well spent in January - Roy Carroll must be gutted.

Tomorrow and Tuesday at work are really going to drag in. Doubt I'll sleep on Tuesday night either. Great! icon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

No other team benefits from the odd officiating mistake.... Especially not Celtic.

Wouldn't bother, mate. Most of them can't spell sarcasm. How do you expect them to grasp the concept of it?

Anyway, let's all move on. We've got bigger fish to fry this week than the quibbles of the SPL's diddy teams. icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

I think the whole registered squad get medals in Europe these days so he should get one.

my god, Amdy Faye - UEFA Cup winner icon_eek.gif it boggles the mind icon_biggrin.gif

I really feel sorry for McGregor, even if we win and he gets a winners medal, it just won't be the same for him. You know whats funny though, is how when Kirk Broadfoot looked a bit injured on Saturday I actually was worried for a minute - then I remembered he was pish icon_wink.gif

The Rangers website is quoting the crowd on Saturday as 30,000 only- I have just watched the highlights and it looked full- is the website wrong?

P.S Stick on penalty for DU and very hard to chalk off the deflected goal as well.

The Rangers website is quoting the crowd on Saturday as 30,000 only- I have just watched the highlights and it looked full- is the website wrong?

P.S Stick on penalty for DU and very hard to chalk off the deflected goal as well.

Yeah, I believe a 3 was wrongly entered instead of a 5 - making the crowd 50,293...

icon_smile.gif

I reall couldnt imagine only 30000 turning up on the last home match before the Uefa final, on a warm sunny May day with the inevitable lap of honour to come. 50,293 is much more believable. I was sure it was wrong so glad it has been confirmed.

Can someone in UK confirm if the UEFA match is on TV and on which channel please?

I reall couldnt imagine only 30000 turning up on the last home match before the Uefa final, on a warm sunny May day with the inevitable lap of honour to come. 50,293 is much more believable. I was sure it was wrong so glad it has been confirmed.

Can someone in UK confirm if the UEFA match is on TV and on which channel please?

ITV3

Archived