[FM 2017 v17.2] Northern Ireland Extended League to level 19

Northern Ireland Extended League System v1.1 (Final Edition)

A full roster of 495 1st teams available to play across 52 active divisions in 18 leagues (although there are an additional 100(ish) B/Res/II/2nd teams riddled throughout the lower divisions so in some instances you can play 2 divisions with the one team which can be a bit of fun!)

Leagues included:

• Northern Irish Football League
  • Northern Amateur Football League
  • Mid Ulster Football League
  • Ballymena and Provincial Football League
  • Northern Irish Intermediate League
  • Fermanagh and Western Football League
  • Belfast and District Football League
  • North West Junior Football League
  • North West Saturday Morning League
  • Newcastle and District Football League
  • Carnbane (Newry) Football League
  • Lonsdale Football League
  • Belfast Sunday Morning Football
  • Ballymena Saturday Morning Football League
  • Coleraine and District Football League
  • Down Area Winter Football League
  • Hutchinson Tiles Winter League
  • South Antrim Football League

League Pyramid

Most people will be aware there isn't much of an official pyramid past tier 4 although the tier four divisions do have extended structures underneath its a bit sketchy with qualifying rules etc. on how to get teams up and down the pyramid. So with this in mind I will be taking a little bit of artistic license on how to get it to operate in the most logical way based on regions.

I've attached an image of the full pyramid structure I've managed to put together. I'll give a quick explanation of reasoning behind it. In reality NI only goes down to level 4 although it is difficult for level 4 teams to get into the top tier due to regulations of pitches and operating status. I have removed these restrictions to allow a decent flow of teams.

In level 4 there are 4 main regional divisions 3 of which have their own league structures, NAFL, MUFL and Ballymena & Provincial. The 4th league is the Intermediate League (essentially North Western) which is a little bit of a remnant of a previous structure before the Championship was split into 2 a few tears back.

With these 4 main regions defined I have kept that leg structure and extended further down using smaller divisions that are based closest to the main regions (This is partly because it was the simplest way of getting a promotion/relegation system using the basic rules but also because there is no defined 'level' for the other leagues)

There is an exception to this where I have allowed 3 leagues to gain promotion through the Down Area Winter League into the NAFL system, this is because there are a lot more leagues based around this regional scope and if I were to just have each league eventually come through each other it would go down to level 25 which I felt was a bit much JUST for this region!

Promotion and relegation is fairly simple with a 2 up 2 down method in most cases. The promotion/relegation play off between Danske Prem and Championship still exists, there is a play off between the 4 region divisions in Level 4 with 2 teams promoted into the Premier Intermediate league. The last play off is between the 3 divisions into the Down Area Winter league with 3 teams going from the playoff.

Cups

Were a little more difficult due to some being based on region and this option isn't available in the basic rules.

Irish Cup is essentially as is with a slightly more rigid divisions included rather than 'paid intermediate entry or invite' for lower teams. I've dropped reserve teams from Intermediate Cup and Steel & Sons cup for simplicity, Regional FA cups exist in a manner but please note I had to select specific teams so promotion/relegation of teams wont make much of a change here for senior cups like CA Shield etc.

All NAFL and MUFL cups are included with as best as I could, Ballymena and North West Cups exists but I had to drop some of the lesser cups due to fixture congestion and the season never finishing/overrunning

All lower leagues have at least one cup competition again a lot were dropped due to fixture congestion and season ranges.

I have also dropped the Danske Premier European playoff system again due to fixture congestion and over running season dates.

Testing

Obviously there could always be some tricky things in extending league, i have run this file for 5 individual single year test and 2 three year tests without any issues.

Things to note 

Most teams are amateur and do run on very limited budgets so all are around equal in the Clubs > Finances section and after a couple of years you might find some of the bottom tier teams are suddenly worth similar to the 3rd/4th tier teams, this is because the boards have either bought , moved into or built stadiums so this isn't something I could control.

The pyramid structure beyond 4th tier is best guess and logical to the regional 'boundaries' for example Carnbane and Lonsdale feeding into Mid Ulster as the majority of their teams are from the region, or Coleraine feeding into Ballymena and Provincial league etc.

Cup have been trimmed back due to some complexities but all league do have a cup to enter into.

Thanks and please enjoy. Any feedback is welcome and if i get the time I'll try and fix things where I can.

Radz

Northern Ireland Extended League System (FINAL)_13B7DA97-3467-4102-8E12-97B1E7B360FB.fmf

IMG_6065.PNG.10a21dcdacb977a6e3f91a1c9ac5c619.PNG

1 hour ago, lo.simon said:

it's a wonderful work. 

I suppose that's a real life structure ? 

Can i add cups ? If i find more informations about cups.

The club colour are real ?

@lo.simon Thanks very much I hope you enjoy playing.

It's based on what starts as a real life pyramid. SO in reality NI ONLY goes to level 4 so beyond that is a pure best guess.

Level 4 is as real in this and luckily the 4 regional leagues have good structures below them (NAFL Premier - D2C or Mid-Ulster Int A - D4 for example). Anything below the main 4 is my own best guess based on regional boundaries for example Carnbane and Lonsdale are primarily Mid Ulster based clubs so these feed into Mid-Ulster league smae with Norther Western.

I think there were ONLY around 10 clubs that I couldn't find information on so those colours are the default Red and Blues and in some cases Away strips were hard to decipher so they have been made as reverse colours to the main strip but the main majority of clubs are correct as I could find.

Feel free to add cups where you can or use this as a base for your own if you wish but please credit me as it did take a LOT of effort (and arguments with my missus :) )

Thanks and enjoy 

Hi guys,

I've also wanted to do this one for a bit of fun, this is the same structure but a kind of WHAT IF? fantasy money system.

In this one due to Northern Ireland's massive impact in Euro 2016 and as a result of BT buying ALL English Football TV rights, Sky have decided to take the leap and match Northern Ireland's league with the same TV and Prize money.

Have a bit of fun and see what you can do when Linfield, Crusaders, Glentoran or Cliftonville receive £87million in TV rights for one season :p

Obviously this is pure fantasy and not intended to be real but interesting to see how the national team would improve if training facilities in NI were top notch and professional no?

NI Extended League System and Enhanced Money_9AAF4E01-82AA-44C2-88C5-8C79E9DDE8D4.fmf

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, deez0r said:

@Radz any idea if this is compatible with old versions of FM?

@deez0r I don't have 2015 or 16 so couldn't test with them, 2014 doesn't recognise the file type I think its too dated. I did take my 2014 extended league and import it into 2017 to kick start this file so its worth a try if you can download the above and see if you can at least import the content and recreate the structure yourself (if 2016 or 2015 you're meaning) 

@Radz thanks for the response. I might just have to buy FM2017 to download this. Could you give me a list of the teams you have in the leagues even? I myself play in the Ballymena & Provincial league so would love to be able to play this.

On 1/19/2017 at 10:57, deez0r said:

@Radz the team I am most interested in is Remo who are currently in Ballymena & Provincial Division 2.

Hey @deez0r Remo are 100% there, I got them as a random team for a run through but I've also attached my file of the teams included (sorry couldn't be bothered to list all 495 of them.)

Feel free to edit any details for the team yourself I got as much as I could re ground and strip colours but it could be dated.

I think I've included the BPL cups as correctly as I could although there was no wiki or major info on them on the BPL site I actually got the best information about them from the Brantwood F.C. site so if you have any information on those as well that would be ace and I can update in the Feb update release.

Thanks

FM17 NI League Teams.pdf

@Radz thanks for the response. The list of teams looks very thorough! Unfortunately I cant get the file to open up for FM2015 editor for some reason. Could you give me any details on the ground and strip colours at all?

Sorry to be a pain but I am really interested in this download and will definitely be utilising it when I pa FM2017 at the end of the month.

20 hours ago, deez0r said:

@Radz thanks for the response. The list of teams looks very thorough! Unfortunately I cant get the file to open up for FM2015 editor for some reason. Could you give me any details on the ground and strip colours at all?

Sorry to be a pain but I am really interested in this download and will definitely be utilising it when I pa FM2017 at the end of the month.

@deez0r Sorry I can't fully remember if Remo already existed in the DB or not but just not in a division, loads of teams were in a 'lower league divsion' the game had built in that just had a dump of teams they didnt know what to do with. So I mightn't have actually put the team info together just pulled it from the bin.

Checked my version and home kit is Blue and Yellow stripes away kit seems to be FM default of red and black.

Most of my info on teams came from facebook and twitter if the team didnt have a website so the above seem to fit with whats there.

https://m.facebook.com/Remo-FC-120440298048588/

I mean when you get 2017 just dl the editor and make your team ammends to this file mate and you'll be flyin'!

Hope you enjoy playing it

8 hours ago, deez0r said:

@Radz I have downloaded the fmf file and saved into Documents --> Sports Interactive --> FM2017 --> editor data

When I click on Career, I cant seem to find where to select the new database, any idea?

Did you get sorted? There is a drop down menu top right of the screen that says Database, click that and it should expand and show the available DB's to use.

career-setup.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

quando vado a selezionare la squadra, vedo il 14 lvl (N. irlandese 14) grigio e non posso scegliere nessuna squadra. se devo salire e essere promosso per quel livello, rischiare che il gioco mi darà problemi?

Mi dispiace il mio cattivo inglese.20171103150449_1.jpg.c4cb87c6f5b39e61ad29c3ca8218c142.jpg

Edited by asuma

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2017 at 09:32, Humbby said:

Great Work!

Is there also going to be a version for FM18?

Hey, afraid not I normally skip a year so I actually notice the differences between the games. I'll be back in 2019.

On 03/11/2017 at 14:04, asuma said:

quando vado a selezionare la squadra, vedo il 14 lvl (N. irlandese 14) grigio e non posso scegliere nessuna squadra. se devo salire e essere promosso per quel livello, rischiare che il gioco mi darà problemi?

Mi dispiace il mio cattivo inglese.20171103150449_1.jpg.c4cb87c6f5b39e61ad29c3ca8218c142.jpg

Hey, this is because there are a lot of  B/C/Youth teams in the lower divisions of Northern Ireland which cannot be managed except through being a manager of the 1st' team. 

It wont break promotion and relegation all work fine I've ran 30 year simulations and never seen an issue,

Hope you enjoy

Il 29/11/2017 in 23:22 , Radz ha scritto:

Hey, this is because there are a lot of  B/C/Youth teams in the lower divisions of Northern Ireland which cannot be managed except through being a manager of the 1st' team. 

It wont break promotion and relegation all work fine I've ran 30 year simulations and never seen an issue,

Hope you enjoy

thanks a lot man

• 2 months later...

Being from NI and a big admirer of amateur football in the country, I cannot wait to use this, obviously it isn't a carbon copy of the league system and pyramid but with the limitations of FM in this regard, i anticipate this will be a smashing job, i cant wait to manage my local side (as shown in my profile picture)

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...