FM 2017 Multicore 64 Bit Mac

Sorry if this has been answered before, i did  a search but couldn't find a the answer i was looking for.

Now that the Mac Version is 64 Bit, will we see it utilising more power from the cores.

Im assuming it is running 100% on all the Cores at the moment, it is 2016 after all and one would assume it would maximise the power of the CPU to speed up the game.

I'm expecting my new 2016 MBP 2.9GHz, AMD 460 GPU and 16 Gb Ram and SSD before the weekend, it should be faster than my old 2010 macbook pro with its Duo Core 2.66GHz, 8 Gb Ram.

So I'm hoping top see an improvement overall and hopefully the Graphics will be less laggy on this Laptop.

64 bit means that the game can use a lot more RAM than before. It's obvious that your new mac will run the game faster, but there is always to consider that FM2017 has a lot more animations in 3-D. So don't expect a rocket difference, but a remarkable.

26 minutes ago, KUBI said:

64 bit means that the game can use a lot more RAM than before. It's obvious that your new mac will run the game faster, but there is always to consider that FM2017 has a lot more animations in 3-D. So don't expect a rocket difference, but a remarkable.

Thats good to hear, that it access more RAM, as on my old MacBook pro it is really slow now, its basically been a full time FM workhorse for the last 5 Years.

Surprised it lasted so long, although you cook cook on it with the heat from running the game, lol

Does the game now utilise all the Cores, or is just still only use one core.... thats were i'd see the big difference when its processing other Leagues.

18 hours ago, bryn23 said:

Thats good to hear, that it access more RAM, as on my old MacBook pro it is really slow now, its basically been a full time FM workhorse for the last 5 Years.

Surprised it lasted so long, although you cook cook on it with the heat from running the game, lol

Does the game now utilise all the Cores, or is just still only use one core.... thats were i'd see the big difference when its processing other Leagues.

Hi there, when you try the game in the new MAC, could you please post your experience, i'm on the fence about one of those, but it has to run FM well, i really would love to know how the game runs on one of those :brock: 

Well I've played a bit on the new MBP, It is pretty good for a laptop.

Have the graphics on Medium, the 3D games look great. it also works at Heavy..

But Medium looks good enough at Medium with the dGPU switched on.

Got a Large Database and all the big leagues running... It is so much faster than my old MBP.

Not sure if the game is utilising the 4 Cores, but the game is fast on this thing.

2.9GHz Quad Core has a single core boost up to 3.8GHz

16Gb LPDDR3 2133Mhz Ram

512Gb SSD

AMD 460 with 4Gb Ram

The Retina Screen looks amazing. i have it set at 175% zoom and its quite clear.

3 minutes ago, beardymouse said:

The new one still plays great on my mid-2012 MBP with graphics on medium and 12 leagues running. What extra does the new MBP bring? There doesn't seem to be a huge spec bump for dropping £2.5k 

The SSD speeds are a heap faster, the Ram is faster, the CPU seems about the same, The Graphics card is heaps better than last years.

Im updating from my mid 2010 MBP, which was a Duo Core, so for me, huge upgrade for all of the above

With the prices you have to pay, now that Brexit has stuffed the UK pound, it wouldn't be worth it if you already had a late model Quad Core MBP.

Hi Bryn,

Do the fans spin up when playing FM17 on your new MBP? 

I currently play FM17 on my 2014 13" MBP with dual-core CPU, 16GB ram and Intel Iris graphics and when playing 3D matches in retina display mode the fans go ballistic so I have to drop the graphics setting to low and change the resolution (or even run in window mode) to make the game run without the fans going crazy.

I am thinking of buying the 2016 MBP and am weighing up between the 13" and 15". Realistically I only need the 13" for work but I could probably go the 15" if it made a massive difference for playing FM in the evening.

Trying to run a modern game on a 3K resolution display at high settings is asking a lot of an integrated graphics component, it's not surprising that you had to turn down the settings.

As for your proposed new purchase unless the MBP is a must for work reasons then you  should take time to consider a more cost effective Windows laptop if FM is a going to get a lot of use.

I noticed I've got 24 leagues running on large database... this thing powers thought the game...

The Fans do spin up, But not at a crazy level, and it doesn't seem to get as hot as my old MBP..

It's warm, but not hot.

As for the 13 or 15 inch, if you need the quad core then the 15 inch is the only option, and the dGPU in the 15 inch seems pretty good in this latest MBP.

Windows laptop will always be cheaper, but im happy to pay for OSX, as its bloody good operating system without all the issues that windows have... can't ever see myself going back to windows in the near future...

Once you use it, its hard to go back.

I am running a 13" Macbook pro (early 2015) with 2.7 i5, 8GB ram and Iris 6100. The game is sluggish, even if I turn the graphics way down, and the fans go like crazy. How do I go about to run the 64bit verison? I sthat automatic? I have the game through steam.

19 minutes ago, lowfat said:

I am running a 13" Macbook pro (early 2015) with 2.7 i5, 8GB ram and Iris 6100. The game is sluggish, even if I turn the graphics way down, and the fans go like crazy. How do I go about to run the 64bit verison? I sthat automatic? I have the game through steam.

it's automatic, if you have a 64 bit capable system, you will be running the 64bit client.

Archived