Hammarby Fotboll: The Swedish Sleeping Giants

smp20

Image result for europa league logo

8e02e9f9064ad195390c9ae0e7cd342d.png

Europa League Winners!!! :D :D :D  It was a nail-biting game but we managed to come away with the win. Diaz scored in his 6th consecutive game, bringing his tally to 8 in 9 in EL knockouts. Salah got one back for them, but Bahoui put us back in the lead and then doubled our lead late on sending the fans into jubilation.

644631c00923488123ecfb030ae9ccbb.png

3 shot on target, 3 goals :D. Roma may have had more shots, but we had the better chances and I feel that we fully deserved the win.

4ade63a086637a2a50d147ef8d11a50d.png

Pjanic was a creative force that was hard to stop and Salah was a constant pain in the backside with his blistering pace. But, we exploited Roma exactly how I wanted to. De Rossi was given the run around and we got down both wings very well, getting in behind particularly on the counter. We also managed to nullify Canales and Dzeko and their replacements didn't do well either.

e0976ae171cd0565f799c9e49d05972e.png

What a great performance from the side, but a very well deserved man of the match performance from Bahoui. We were solid at the back and creative going forward. Hedlund came on for the last half hour to cause even more pace problems for the Roma backline and it seemed to cause panic. Diaz unfortunately picked up what looks like a serious injury, but received an incredible standing ovation for his contribution in the campaign.

8e5202091c3f8a05f97a13082e4e4b91.png

An overview of our run. A season to be very proud of.

c0e392503c1b6c23d57608c5c3dc7226.png

Two trophies so far, let's hope there's many more!

f157bd2f834b9bba9017291fe05ecace.png

I can just imagine the streets of Stockholm...

Image result for hammarby fans celebrating

Image result for hammarby fotboll badge

May 2017 Overview

fe944b85d1f23af25ab680da95f3ebb8.png

What. A. Month. If only we had won the Swedish cup as well, but I know which trophy I, the club and the fans really wanted!

aea829d3bd073b8ae67ee01f505a2128.png

We are in a very comfortable position, sitting top with a game in hand against the team who are rock bottom.

What the hell!?!?!? It only speaks too kindly to your ability as a manager if you go out and win a Europa League in your second season... with Hammarby! I don't know how you're able to do this sort of stuff, but my goodness, you deserve some props. Very much looking forward to seeing how far this team can go. 

:applause: 

4 hours ago, oriole01 said:

What the hell!?!?!? It only speaks too kindly to your ability as a manager if you go out and win a Europa League in your second season... with Hammarby! I don't know how you're able to do this sort of stuff, but my goodness, you deserve some props. Very much looking forward to seeing how far this team can go. 

:applause: 

Thanks @oriole01 - though it was 3rd season as I started in 2015 :). I'm not sure how well we would have fared against a huge club mind, like R. Madrid, Barca, Man City, who you often find in the Europa League. But I'm very happy with the team, beating the likes of Liverpool, Shakhtar and Roma is well above expected.

7 hours ago, LPQR said:

quite unbelievable, mate:applause: it seems defensive tactics are a monster if you get it right :)

Cheers @LPQR :D. I wouldn't say its defensive, but its not a gung-ho style. Neutral, but still aggressive and high pressing.

July Spoiler: He's Home

49728a67a921c670b5001f3a2d0430fd.png

97ba8718b53fbe073425eb6fdadbbf0b.png

A signing to get very excited about!!! Zlatan, the Zlatan Ibrahimovic is moving back to Sweden. Although he's 35 nearly 36, he is still class. In our system, he will be a Shadow Striker / Trequartista in AMC.

Image result for hammarby fotboll badge

July 2017 Update

Transfers

09191f60c38cac5e7eb25829101ce52d.png

This month we were hit with offer after offer for nearly all of our players, I assume with them being in the limelight after the Europa League win. After that success, I've decided I want to go in a slightly new direction. I want to build a team of players eligible for Sweden, really building the nations future. I've allowed our foreigners to go for the right deal, the 4 starters from the EL final. We've made a huge profit from them and Rahmani, Diaz and Lentsevich all have 50% sell on clauses as well. This leaves us (after a couple being released at the end of the season) with just two foreigners, Jung-Soo and Etuhu. Once again I will let them go, but only for the right deal.

6054aa5ae8634c5017f4635151ecfa3b.png

With the players heading out, they needed to be replaced. We had already secured Ibrahimovic, the start of the Swedish revolution. Tibbling was secured soon after the rales of Rahmani and Diaz, while Khalili adds a good option to our midfield and Johnsson is a direct replacement for Hortalin.

90693dff06061a716e4a48426b214d7d.png

The clubs record signing by far and also now our highest earner ahead of Zlatan. He is a quality player who I can see playing as RPM or WM on either flank. A creative force.

9ec407c4cfcbeffe87de98c7726adc88.png

A good all rounder to have.

ff6d0b67f2acc6728526b0458dfe11fd.png

I really like his attribute build up. He will push Cajtoft for the No.1 shirt.

Results

392efd49675fcc17e2bd19d9fdfe90bf.png

We are smashing it at the moment! Zlatan hasn't set the world on fire in his opening 4 games but finally bagged his first goal in the last game of the month.

7170939208ffdcd6de0b515ca6ea3162.png

We are quite simply running away with it. Malmo have been very inconsistent and nobody looks like they can touch us. Interesting to see our Stockholm rivals Djurgardens and AIK up near the top.

Swedish Football Rises

12f6058cc8abec2d80ad8cfc1b3b34fd.png

fabdbdfee49ed662eb7aabc88a617796.png

79d15e363ddf3c18622ec5c9d0a16825.png

Would it be possible to drag Swedish football up with the big boys?

28 minutes ago, oriole01 said:

You seriously need to stop...:D

My only other save in Sweden was with Malmo on FM14 where I brought Zlatan back as well...was very surprised when I saw he wanted to join but he must want to live in the capital.

fee7085b1331669ab70d0ff2b32fa779.png

I can't believe this. My laptop blue screened whilst my game was saving. 

e8f3196794d2775ceebc1e5025e20d21.png

The save is lost. I have backup saves, but they are from before the EL final :/

I seriously think I need a new laptop, this has happened too often.

I think I'll have to personally buy you that laptop, it's too agonizing to see this sort of thing happen repeatedly. This is why I autosave every in-game day. Expect a new one in the mail any day now! 

That's a bummer but I still have to congratulate you for managing to win the Europa League so soon with Hammarby. Hopefully you're able to keep motivation up to keep going because I'm curious to see how far you could go but alas having to replay it all isn't the definiton of fun I guess.

Thanks both. I think i had left my laptop on too long which ended up messing up the memory. Tried to restore the file but no luck.

I think that is me until FM17...time to order that BETA! I wasnt even planning to get it until xmas

On 09/10/2016 at 21:24, oriole01 said:

I think I'll have to personally buy you that laptop, it's too agonizing to see this sort of thing happen repeatedly. This is why I autosave every in-game day. Expect a new one in the mail any day now! 

I had monthly autosaves but if you manually save it overwrites only the most recent. I may have to do weekly saving in the future. I get too frustrated with the time it takes to save though. What laptop you sending me? :p

Sad to see what happened to your laptop and the save.

I had thoroughly enjoyed reading the thread up until now and it's given me another potential team to consider for FM17 or as a save to tide me over until it comes out. ;)

@smp

It's hard to believe that you have no holding midfielder in your tactics. How is it going? Please share with us your vision of the gaming outline (TI/PI), responsiveness and adjustment to the opponent, recruitment and cultivation of players. In future histories it would be interesting to monitor the analysis of matches and the progress of players.

Cheers for the support @noikeee and @davehibb - I've decided that unfortunately this save is to end. But there is good news, I'm going to continue my Fiorentino / San Marino save :)

@deltablue - frequent saving will be needed. I never learn. I think there always used to be this stigma behind regular saving on an old forum I used to post on, people used to say that people were often 'cheats' if they had saved hundreds of times because it meant that they were likely to re-load games. All a bit silly really.

@cfkllasdfaslkdfj - the DM(s) is quick to get back in a holding role when we lose possession and with the RPM dropping back not long after we very rarely lose out in the middle of the field. On my Fiorentino thread I would be more than happy to delve into my tactical approach more if that is something people are interested in.

11 hours ago, smp20 said:

I had monthly autosaves but if you manually save it overwrites only the most recent. I may have to do weekly saving in the future. I get too frustrated with the time it takes to save though. What laptop you sending me? :p

Image result for hp spectre

This beauty. Cost me an entire week's salary. Royal Mail says it's delivered already.

Archived